Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Laterite posted:

Golden Girls is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Mu Zeta posted:

I liked the last few seasons. The ones in Germany, pakistan, and usa were good or at least built up to something interesting.

The Pakistan season is as good as a season 1. The show really became good again, but I still haven’t watched anything after the Germany season.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Spaced God posted:

Almost every episode of The Chris Gethard Show owns and I will die on this hill.

The public access years (available on YouTube) are much better than either of the actual shows imo. Going legit made it feel like he was trying a bit too hard to capture the casual spontaneity of the original.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Girlfriend asked me to find the top 10 episodes of this, since she's never seen it and all I do is send her Golden Girl gifs.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Calaveron posted:

30 Rock is the king of background binging and when you pay attention you will find a joke that will slay you

OUR BASKETBALL HOOP WAS A RIBCAGE

Shame it's not on Netflix anymore

I once saw a pack of wolves take over and successfully run a Wendy's!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Slamhound posted:

Letterkenny

edit: It's basically this for 5 seasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2GVcjXXI8

This looks like it could be enjoyable in small doses, thanks eh.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Laterite posted:

Golden Girls is great falling-asleep comfort food.

This is exactly what my wife falls asleep to every night. I'm getting to know them by heart :ohdear:

'I've lost it Dorothy!'
'You never had it, Stan!'

Edit: I acquired all 7 seasons for her as it's own dedicated Plex channel ofc

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

swickles posted:

So I saw that the Chris Gethard Show got cancelled, and it was something I had been meaning to watch. I am like ten minutes into the episode with Paul Sheer and Jason Mantzoukas amd holy poo poo if the rest of it is half as good as this I need to watch this immediately.

You've jumped in on probably the best unscripted hour of comedy ever broadcast, spread the word on that ep though as it deserves to live on forever.

Spaced God posted:

Almost every episode of The Chris Gethard Show owns and I will die on this hill.

Same, sometimes the bad episodes were the best episodes too!

feedmyleg posted:

The public access years (available on YouTube) are much better than either of the actual shows imo. Going legit made it feel like he was trying a bit too hard to capture the casual spontaneity of the original.

Episode 1 even is fantastic, and the sheer low-tech joy and bitter rivalries with other public access hosts are the best and could never be recreated. I liked the 'real TV' episodes too, but it was a slightly different beast (first year was too different, 2nd and onwards started getting the spirit back especially with the TruTV years) but the PA years were amazing. I personally watched episodes from the original batch alongside Fusion ones when I started getting into it, so I could at least stay current while going through the backlog. The public access torrent seems to be dead sadly, but YouTube is nearly as good for sure.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone check out the Lodge 49 premiere last night? Just watching it now and it’s real promising, has kind of a John From Cincinnati vibe except way more accessible (although that could easily change). Also didn’t realise they already put the entire season online! AMC’s website in the US and Prime in the UK.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Sam Malone is a loving psycho ain't he

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like straight up a dangerous man who should not be in public

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there's a gay bar in San Fran called The Midnight Sun where instead of music they play old episodes of Golden Girls and stuff like that and :iia:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1026883509032378368

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Should've gone with her hedgehog cousin, Amy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is good IMO

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Escobarbarian posted:

Did anyone check out the Lodge 49 premiere last night? Just watching it now and it’s real promising, has kind of a John From Cincinnati vibe except way more accessible (although that could easily change). Also didn’t realise they already put the entire season online! AMC’s website in the US and Prime in the UK.

I laughed a bit. It might be an ok show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

welp all the hype just drained from my body

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t mind Ruby Rose at all but does the American entertainment industry know other lesbians exist

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Huh, I'd've pegged her for a bit too high profile for a CW show

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God I loving love Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's much better than the Gilmore Girls Netflix abomination. I thought it was weird that Amy Sherman would do shows for two different companies at the same time but I think she just wanted the Netflix deal for a payday.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Like I really didn’t need to throw in a Maisel rewatch on top of the 8-ish other shows I’m juggling (not including currently airing weekly things) but it’s just so awesome and wonderful

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

esperterra posted:

welp all the hype just drained from my body

:same: But I might just still be soured about how atrocious she was in John Wick 2.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

Like I really didn’t need to throw in a Maisel rewatch on top of the 8-ish other shows I’m juggling (not including currently airing weekly things) but it’s just so awesome and wonderful

I could rewatch it every month if I really wanted. I watched the pilot several times in the time it took Amazon to actually get the rest of the series out. It helps that it's relatively short.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

zoux posted:

Huh, I'd've pegged her for a bit too high profile for a CW show

Seems like an upgrade after starring in The Meg

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That pilot is so loving good. I got a ton of people hyped for MMM with it who didn't like Gilmore Girls in any way. It does have the Amy Sherman-Palladino problem that it is literally impossible to make the show sound appealing when you tell someone about it. "It's a show about a jewish housewive and she decides to do standup! And it's set in the 50's! And they talk really fast!"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

I don’t mind Ruby Rose at all but does the American entertainment industry know other lesbians exist

Ruby Rose and Cara Delevigne are actually the only two lesbians that exist in all the lands, clearly.

Escobarbarian posted:

God I loving love Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

X-O posted:

I could rewatch it every month if I really wanted. I watched the pilot several times in the time it took Amazon to actually get the rest of the series out. It helps that it's relatively short.

:same: and goddamn any time someone mentions it I feel so impatient for season 2.

Mu Zeta posted:

It's much better than the Gilmore Girls Netflix abomination. I thought it was weird that Amy Sherman would do shows for two different companies at the same time but I think she just wanted the Netflix deal for a payday.

not :same: but I respect your opinion!! It was better than the ASP-less season at least, and I appreciated them going kinda going whole hog on Rory being a piece of poo poo b/c she was always an entitled brat.

I was about to wonder if maybe Ruby Rose is better suited to TV than movies-- plenty of actors who are not very good end up working well on TV if they're charismatic enough-- but then I remembered she was on Orange is the New Black and easily the worst part of her season lmfao.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

With AHS being a crossover of season 1 and season 3, I might have to watch the new season. I haven't watched any since season 3.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Sam Malone is a loving psycho ain't he

The scene where Rebecca gets worn down past the point of fighting, lies down on the couch and says just loving get it over with is like my strongest Cheers memory

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GreenNight posted:

With AHS being a crossover of season 1 and season 3, I might have to watch the new season. I haven't watched any since season 3.

Jessica Lange and Lily Rabe are both coming back, so even if it's a trash fire like 3 I'll probably enjoy it b/c I like it when the fabulous women are catty to one another.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I don't care what anyone else says, I'm sold

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm incredibly disappointed so we hittin both sides of the spectrum here.

e: I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and maybe she'll surprise me, but I'm in no rush to watch Batwoman now lol

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Chubby Henparty posted:

The scene where Rebecca gets worn down past the point of fighting, lies down on the couch and says just loving get it over with is like my strongest Cheers memory

I'm not there yet, my post was based on the time he threw Diane overboard on a chilly Boston night because she rejected his marriage proposal

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is good IMO

Rarity posted:

I don't care what anyone else says, I'm sold

Agreed completely

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

oh ew I just realized she will be playing two characters, depending on when they set this or if they're going to be doing flashbacks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Daria popped up on my list of things to watch and holy poo poo is that insufferable now

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Kidding seems like it should be good.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm out, she's the worst actress ever.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Sam and Diane's horrible, horrible relationship is making Cheers really hard to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I'm out, she's the worst actress ever.

I'm torn. She's got the right look but yeah, she's not been great in her roles to date.