Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

LadyPictureShow posted:

My fiance's father committed suicide not long after a dream about a creature:"It" said she's is next

Mental illness is a hell of a thing. :smith:

Back in my day we had ghosts that made fuckin' sense. They either wanted you to leave their charnel house, gently caress you till you went nuts, or rearrange your furniture because your sense of style is offensive to the dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Milotic posted:

Four day raiding wasn’t that unusual back in WotLK when you were progressing on both 25 man and 10 man heroic. I dropped out mid MoP so I have no idea how it works anymore, and I see they’ve turned global PvP off on PvP servers so never going back now if I somehow magically got the time.

Parents [60M, 51F] think me [27M] supporting my sister [19F] through college is "enabling." How do I keep the peace?

loving lie, OP who will never read my suggestions. Have your sister complain about how she has to check in with you every night or about the drug test you make her take every couple of weeks (obviously don't do any of these things). Have her lie about her major, too. Parents sound too stupid to be able to look online to ask about specific professors in whatever majors they consider acceptable.

Good big brother. Helping little sis become her own, fully-formed human being. :3:

I wish I was rich so that I could make life a little less lovely for people.

No. Not posting is not an option.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Araenna posted:

He mentions she was tested for schizo, but doesn't say what she's being treated for. He also said they've been through four therapists, two psychs, and had the best one around in the comments. Then said getting her help was therefore insulting as he has already or something. But honestly, six therapists and two docs isn't really a lot before getting a proper diagnosis. I'd been to uh.. 5 or 6 therapists before one said "Hey, yes, you need testing for some stuff that isn't just depression". If you aren't getting better, it doesn't matter if it's the best psychiatrist in the area. You move on to another doctor and hope this one can help. Doctor shopping is so heavily discouraged, but I've met very few people who didn't go through multiple therapists and psychs to get diagnosed properly. Same for lots of people with physical problems as well.

Yeah, that’s a pretty low amount; I saw a whole bunch and spent a good eleven years (four getting increasingly worse) before one finally figured out ‘this isn’t just depression’.

The OP in that thread also claimed that ‘none of the meds she’s tried worked’; that’s a long process in and of itself, but he seems like he thinks ‘there’s nothing else to try. Welp.’

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Yawgmoth posted:

There's no such thing as a PvP or PvE server anymore, you just turn on War Mode and leave it on until you get sick of it. The only people mad about it are the people who got their rocks off to harassing lowbies on their level capped mains; for anyone else it's just "I can only have global PVP against other people who want global PVP".

You say that like it’s a bad thing. And don’t roll on PvP servers in the first place if you can’t stand being ganked.

I (m44) don’t know the women I married (f38) any more and I think she’s planning to leave me

quote:

u/allmesseddown
We have been married for 18 years and she’s been a sahm for the past 17. We have 4 boys ages 17 to 13 who are great. I have had a very successful 18 years and recently (3months) “retired” unexpectedly after I got an offer I couldn’t refuse for my business. Our life has gone from a struggle 18 years ago to very comfortable now, down to having a housekeeper and au pair to lighten the load of four kids on my wife.

Up to 3months ago I worked from 0430 to 1630 every weekday and 0430 till 1100 on Saturdays. This meant I was out of the hose for 65 hours every week but my finish time did mean I could spend lots of quality family time. We eat as a family every day and then do activities together or with one or other of the boys.

Since I gave up work I have realised that I had no idea how little time my wife was at home, and have no idea where she spends her time. I had thought that she did charity work at our church and family centre, when we’ve talked about her day over dinner she mentions these regularly along with lunches with friends and helping at the local food bank.

A month or so ago I was near the centre and popped in to take her out to lunch, something we used to do all the time, but they hadn’t seen her in”years”. Similarly when I took a load of supplies from the store to the food bank they had lost touch with her.
When I mentioned this she just brushed it off as there are lots of volunteers and they’d probably just forgotten, but that she was giving up anyway having helped there for 10 years.

The housekeeper said that she goes out most days as soon as the kids are at school and returns just in time to eat with us. I’ve been around a lot recently only going to the factory for a few hours each day then not every day cos I’m officially out at the end of the month and just handing over.

Then last week I was at the bank and saw on the tellers screen that there was an extra bank account linked to our joint one. We have one family account and then a solo personal account each. Our savings are all joint or in our share portfolio. The balance of the account looked like it was in the 10’s of thousands. When I asked her about it she said that it was nothing and when I went to the bank yesterday the account wasn’t on the screen.

Since yesterday I have gone through the family finances in detail and she has over the past 5 years transferred many thousands to her own account. I remember a few years ago I asked about a large money move of 5k and she said it was a mistake and since then everting has been in the high hundreds but way more than we’d agreed. I also noted that for the past two years she’s been taking out cash not using her cards to pay for things.

I’ve tried to talk to her about this stuff but she swerves the questions or has something else to do. I can’t get her to tell me where she is going or what she’s doing and any discussion about money is shut down with a “that’s your domain not mine” statement and then being told she needs a new car or something.

I’m away now for a few days visiting a factory I owned for the last time and the whole journey I’ve been bothered.

Since I landed I’ve tried rationalise the things I’ve learned but the only explanation I can come up with is she’s having an affair and is building a nest egg to leave.

TLDR wife has built a financial nest egg and won’t talk to me about it or where she spends her time.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

quote:

I (m44) don’t know the women I married (f38) any more and I think she’s planning to leave me
https://giphy.com/gifs/Interstellardesignz-awaken-jp-sears-jpsears-6ob5h90PNJjvpdsTFm

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I don't really understand the whole "stay at home mom" thing when your kids are in school all day. I think "unemployed" is a more apt description.

I hope that gay son's partner cleans out that disgusting family. "Sure, his will said his partner should get his money, but we as a family decided to keep it because..." Where is that thread? I can't find it.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't really understand the whole "stay at home mom" thing when your kids are in school all day. I think "unemployed" is a more apt description.

I hope that gay son's partner cleans out that disgusting family. "Sure, his will said his partner should get his money, but we as a family decided to keep it because..." Where is that thread? I can't find it.

https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/95c289/ma_late_brothers_partner_suing_family_for_money/?sort=confidence

Make sure to read OP's comments.

His family is also racist

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fritzler posted:

Everyone in the comments is telling him that this is a serious crime, but he is mainly wondering how the partner got a copy of the will (probably given to him by his partner of 8 years, but if not its public record in MA anyways). Also claiming that they aren't bigots, and that his entire family deserves money because his parents paid for brothers school.

Stuff with wills gets so hosed up. My aunt was a terrible person who stole from my grand parents all their life. A couple years before they passed, they changed their will so that instead of her getting 50%, she only got 10%. She took my mother to court and kept this legal battle dragging out for almost two years. At the end, the lawyer basically said "you need to give her 50% or else there will be no money left over at the end." There was not a lot of money to begin with and over 1/3 of it was already spent in legal fees in this two year court battle. So yeah, people are loving lovely and it's fascinating how much they can get away with when fighting wills.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Milotic posted:

You say that like it’s a bad thing. And don’t roll on PvP servers in the first place if you can’t stand being ganked.
if the only way you can have fun is by ensuring other people aren't then yes you are a loving sociopath and every world is better off without you.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
That will thread is pretty good. His family just stole 850k and is surprised that the boyfriend is suing them. Also, the money is mostly gone already, even though they're "still grieving." I really hope it is real because I'd love to know that a family that horrible will eventually reap what they've sown.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My [19F] boyfriend [19M] of four years picked me up and threw me to the ground when I asked him to throw away my gum.

quote:

We were laying in bed together about to fall asleep, but the lights were still on. He got up to turn them off and I asked if he could throw away the gum I was chewing. Then he suddenly picked me up and threw me to the ground angrily saying that he “wasn’t a servant”. It hurt and I wouldn’t have cared if he just said no, but is he justified in picking me up? I also would throw away his piece of gum if I was up and he was in bed if that helps. It’s not gross to me at all, especially since we’ve been together for so long.

I was really tired and it was late, but I definitely would’ve preferred it if he just told me no instead of having to use force. He’s had anger problems in the past so this isn’t the first time. Like one time he yelled at me in public for not sitting in the chair he brought. Another time, I put on some music in the car and started singing, but he told me to turn that poo poo off. Then after I dropped him off, he started angrily hitting and punching a lamp post in front of his house.

So my questions are: is this normal? Was he in the right to pick me up in the first place? How should I handle this situation?

TLDR; Cuddling with boyfriend at night when he got up to turn the lights off. Asked him nicely if he could throw away my gum, but he picked me up and threw me to the ground saying he wasn’t my “servant”. What do?

Jeez Louise...

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

drat if this thread doesn't satisfy

just too bad for the boyfriend it's gonna take a while to get his inheritance back from the idiot bigot family when they already blew the cash and a bunch of 'em are goin to prison

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

drat if this thread doesn't satisfy

just too bad for the boyfriend it's gonna take a while to get his inheritance back from the idiot bigot family when they already blew the cash and a bunch of 'em are goin to prison

In a sense, destroying multiple peoples lives legally for $850,000 is a steal

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Milotic posted:

A loving au pair to help with teenagers? Gimme a break. This poor idiot is getting cleaned out and needs to lawyer up fast.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

In a sense, destroying multiple peoples lives legally for $850,000 is a steal

Unfortunately he'll never get the money, what little is recoverable will be consumed by the lawyers, the poor guy.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

Unfortunately he'll never get the money, what little is recoverable will be consumed by the lawyers, the poor guy.

Thats what i meant. Its like he spent 850k to destroy them.

Maybe the fraud wing of the local prison can be renamed in his dead husbands honor

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Barudak posted:

Maybe the fraud wing of the local prison can be renamed in his dead husbands honor

They weren’t even married!!!!!!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Lol, I’m dyin over here. That family is soooo hosed.

E: everyone that got money and spent it (most of the family from the look of it) is on the hook to pay back money, right? That’s a lot of houses and cars going up for sale in the future.

EE: b-but his parents raised him and spent money on food and clothes and poo poo!!!! :qq:

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 7, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

Look the only difference is Dead Gay Fiance just doesnt have the same ring to it.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Ah, I misinterpreted that.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

He was just a friend!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The father of the 15 year old is an avid reader of r/relationships and figured out how to get away with loving the dog.

Olives suck, olive oil rules.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Rubellavator posted:

He was just a friend!

We weren't on a break!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

We weren't on a break!

Im not pregnant!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

drat this is juicy. OP plus his family are awful scumbags. Hopefully they get a legal beatdown.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

This post is locked. The OP has received all the advice they need.

Reddit could gently caress up a wet dream.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

What a smarmy piece of poo poo. "Just gonna rob some gay people. God bless!" :tipshat:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Clark Nova posted:

What a smarmy piece of poo poo. "Just gonna rob some gay people. God bless!" :tipshat:

quote:

I am reading the replies and this seems more serious than we thought.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

quote:

Yes joint with my sister. My sister was his bestfriend and was in charge in distributing the money. She was insisted brothers boyfriend get all his money but family was turning against her, she asked for help on how to distribute the money and I convinced her to do what the family wants. Which was a mistake now I realized too late.

Hope little sister learned to not listen to her lovely family as she will no doubt be the one who gets hosed over the most by this.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

quote:

Wow that is very harsh, money wise we made a mistake and thought his friend would understand since as family we have contributed to our brothers success. We are also not bigots.

We thought he would understand, we only treated the boyfriend like poo poo. We liked our brother!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

My little sister wanted to do the right thing so of course our family shunned her until she gave us what we wanted.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

wow that is very harsh, all we have done is commit fraud

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

My father just said some minor racial things, we didn't expect my brother's friend to go this far and get a lawyer.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's always the religious ones

my religious aunt moved out to bumfuck nowhere, TX and convinced my 90 year old grandmother to join her. when my grandmother wanted to go back because she missed her friends and classes at the Y, the family sold her house. my aunt and uncle came up with a list of charges they felt they should be paid, among them $7 a week in gas to mow her 90 year old mother's lawn

religion is a refuge for shitlords

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
loving the inherent homophobia of pointedly repeatedly calling him just his brother's "friend"

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

InediblePenguin posted:

loving the inherent homophobia of pointedly repeatedly calling him just his brother's "friend"
But they want us to know, they are not bigots.

EDIT: They just made mild racial comments, geez!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
O'Doyle, I've got a feeling your whole family is going down.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

InediblePenguin posted:

It's probably second nature thanks to years of trying to hide their brother's sexuality from friends and associates.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

PetraCore posted:

But they want us to know, they are not bigots.

EDIT: They just made mild racial comments, geez!

Honestly it's the friend thing that makes me think it's not fake, because that's the kind of little homophobic shithead detail that most people wouldn't think to remember and fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Yawgmoth posted:

if the only way you can have fun is by ensuring other people aren't then yes you are a loving sociopath and every world is better off without you.

I bet you always rushed AV, like this genius here:

My (26f) sister (23f) is currently trying to destroy a marriage in hopes that the guy will get back with her. He was cheating on his wife with her for 8 months. I can't get through to her.

quote:

u/Fallout4rn
I really need help and my plan right now is to show my sister this post, and let her read it and the comments and maybe get through to her.

She was dating a guy for 8 months, and the last 2 months of their relationship, she'd found out he was on tinder and then found out he was currently still with his wife.. So when she confronted him, he broke up with her.

He basically had told her he needs to focus on his daughter and his work and his life, and now isn't the right time for them to be together. Never explained the tinder but did try and explain the wife situation.

She is absolutely obsessed with this guy still, 100%. It's bad. After they'd been broken up for about 2 weeks, she found out he was still active on tinder and she got upset, bc he'd said he was focusing in himself basically, but was still doing that but not staying with her.

She checks his private instagram daily to check for changes, she checks the instagram of the gym he goes to bc he's often in photos and videos, she even checks his sisters Facebook.

Now, she's ready attempted to cause issues anonymously about a week and a half ago, and he contacted her about it and she lied her way out of the whole thing and ended up blaming her crazy ex, who is def still obsessed w her and mad she left him.. And he bought it.

But now she's trying to figure out another way, and said his wife doesn't know still so she has to figure out how to get him caught. She said if she can do that, they'll get divorced and he will get back with her bc he doesn't know she's the one doing it, and she thinks she's the only girl he had a serious side relationship with.. So he'd first think of her.

I've tried telling her that it's an awful idea.. Whether he finds out it's her doing it or not, it's a bad idea because he never planned on being with her like he said. He isn't just gonna leave the life he has with his daughter and wife.. Most likely the stories of her cheating were lies.

She absolutely won't listen to me. She's currently attempting to find the wife's phone number so she can text her when she's at work, and he doesn't have the chance to interfere.

I've even told her that even if they got married, he would cheat. He cheated on his wife with her, and cheated on both of them with tons of chick's on dating sites. She said she doesn't care. She said he can do whatever he wants and she still would stay.

She's determined to get him and keep him, and ruin their marriage and I can't stop her. What do I do?

Tl;dr; sister was in a relationship with a guy who was still married. When she found out he broke up w her and said now isn't the right time. Now she's trying to figure out how to break up the marriage so he will be with her. Pls tell me how to stop her

Olives rock, and so does equipping a PvP trinket whilst doing world PvE.