Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ahhhh yes the literal absolute worst of the Group B cars and just actually pretty loving bad all round - so bad quality, reliability and performance wise they mostly got bought back and scrapped.

Nobody cares, we’re talking about how :krad: that poo poo looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

drgitlin posted:

Sadly it hasn’t run in some time, or I’d tell you what it’s like to drive.

As someone who has exclusively owned Citroens for many years now let me tell you - this is just them reverting to their neutral position in the cosmos.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Terrible Robot posted:

Nobody cares, we’re talking about how :krad: that poo poo looks.

get it back in to high mode and throw some all terrains on it. i'd dd it

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This little beauty is an MX5 living under the bodywork of this immensely cool Toyota

My favourite thing (if you don't count the '64) was this SHOOTING BRAKE Corolla because I never knew they were a thing.

Wow I that shooting brake Corolla totally blew my mind, I felt it bend a little.

And I'm kinda embarassed to say what I'd pay for that MX-5 with the Toyota shell on it, depending on the generation...

Those were some cool cars, also lol gaijin sized brakes

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I don't know, but I kind of think this would look rad speeding along and taking turns.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
I would more expect it to kidnap people off the streets to turn into killer androids for warring syndicates

Reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw2W_Ap7m2k

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dennis McClaren posted:

I don't know, but I kind of think this would look rad speeding along and taking turns.

I expect this to look really cheap and flexible if it hits some washboard-like bumps. On a glass-smooth road though hell yeah and turn up the neon

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

As I recall they are basically just an empty shell, so yeah, pretty much.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

All in all some cool poo poo about.

:allears:

that old Prelude actually looks great

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Humbug posted:

I would more expect it to kidnap people off the streets to turn into killer androids for warring syndicates

Reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw2W_Ap7m2k
That's exactly my first thought too.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Holy poo poo, how did I not know this place was by my house?

https://www.sascars.com/

They have so many awesome/rare cars.

"You can't get an M2! They're backordered for 5 years!"

I need to own all the baby blue cars. ALL OF THEM.

*NormalCarReviewsVoice*My JDM is best JDM because Turbo

How the gently caress did this even end up here?

I'm buying this once I save up some money. Stay the hell away!

*NCRVoiceAgain*I know what I got. No lowballers!

I... Uh... Holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

There are way too many awesome and rare cars here to list them all. Why didn't someone tell me about this Valhalla?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Thief posted:

I had an Si in the same white that I still regret selling a bit. Fun car.

Had daydreams of installing a turbo kit with an air-to-water intercooler some dude dreamed up.

HOLY poo poo, the site still exists :aaa: http://ludespeedperformance.tripod.com/home.html

Goddamn tripod, jesus, that's a throwback.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Thief posted:

That's my friend's, he bought it off an old couple who looked after it really well, it just needed a few spots welding on the rear arches. It's been a bit neglected since then but he has a decent sized workshop so it can now get cared for again. I adore the car and it's amazing how stupidly low you can get them with just coilovers, corners flat as hell too because it doesn't weigh anything. A cool car.

The Speedhunters article is up for anyone else wanting a look at other Japanese things (or some wee dogs): http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/08/86-day-uk-more-than-just-corollas/

I forgot to mention there were a couple of AE86s there with F20c swaps, one guy even went so far as to paint it and add "TOYOTA 1600" badges to the spark plug cover. I had to do a double take before I realised :v:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I know a dude who mows his circular lawn with a self-propelled mower. He has an eye bolt with a bearing in it driven into the middle of the lawn, and he sets the mower going with a rope attached to it, pulling it a little bit tighter with every lap. He tidies up at the end with a battery-powered brushcutter, one of those little ones that are really only good for grass.

He is like a little baby compared to this genius.

https://i.imgur.com/y9J4Aii.mp4

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Why would you even bother mowing a hill like that?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

Why would you even bother mowing a hill like that?

Retired military.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
New Roadkill (on Motor Tend on Demand, the plebs have to wait a month, so I guess spoiler warning) Also has nothing to do with cars aside from the people involved, but it's just a great comedy bit, and y'all are most likely to know of the people involved:

At the lookout point at the top of Pike's Peak, Finnegan points at a small furry critter walking around on the cliffside below.
"Ooh, what's that?! Beaver? Woodchuck?"
"Marmot." Dave says with absolute certainty, sounding bored, like he's seen a thousand of 'em.
"What's a marmot?"
"That."
"What's it do?"
"Walks around."

It was actually a marmot. Apparently Dave's from far enough north that they have those (my friends from Seattle and Spokane say marmots there as common as squirrels here in East Texas, which seems appropriate given that marmots are just big ground squirrels.)

Mike was half-right, woodchuck/groundhog is the eastern/Canadian type of marmot. What they saw was either a hoary or yellow-bellied marmot, those two species live in the western US mountains.

They're a classic double act, like Abbot and Costello/Martin and Lewis.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

According to Wikipedia, Marmots are technically large squirrels. Like, that's their scientific description. That makes me happy.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Chillbro Baggins posted:

New Roadkill (on Motor Tend on Demand, the plebs have to wait a month, so I guess spoiler warning) Also has nothing to do with cars aside from the people involved, but it's just a great comedy bit, and y'all are most likely to know of the people involved:

At the lookout point at the top of Pike's Peak, Finnegan points at a small furry critter walking around on the cliffside below.
"Ooh, what's that?! Beaver? Woodchuck?"
"Marmot." Dave says with absolute certainty, sounding bored, like he's seen a thousand of 'em.
"What's a marmot?"
"That."
"What's it do?"
"Walks around."

It was actually a marmot. Apparently Dave's from far enough north that they have those (my friends from Seattle and Spokane say marmots there as common as squirrels here in East Texas, which seems appropriate given that marmots are just big ground squirrels.)

Mike was half-right, woodchuck/groundhog is the eastern/Canadian type of marmot. What they saw was either a hoary or yellow-bellied marmot, those two species live in the western US mountains.

They're a classic double act, like Abbot and Costello/Martin and Lewis.

Possibly the best description of what an animal "does" ever.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 8, 2018

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Better than Yet Another BTTF Mod.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
I feel that I laughed at this for an inappropriately long time.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm okay with it, yeah.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Collateral Damage posted:

Better than Yet Another BTTF Mod.

I bet the Ready Player One guy is pissed he didn't think of it though.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I like how he's driving a planet around

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s no moon.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
We called it the Titan Project, and it was a testament to the limitless power of the human imagination. Perhaps that is what the Drej feared most, for it brought them down upon us without warning and without mercy.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

As Nero Danced posted:

We called it the Titan Project, and it was a testament to the limitless power of the human imagination. Perhaps that is what the Drej feared most, for it brought them down upon us without warning and without mercy.

Good pull from a terrible movie that I still watch probably once a year. Worst loving soundtrack at least.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

That movie is awesome and I'll fight you over it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It was fun, kind of a pity it effectively killed Fox animation studios.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Looks like Kennedy space center?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Didn't know Jeff Dunham was a car guy. His collection is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2SKQICX1K0

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This would be so much better if they still had the old car

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Memento posted:

I know a dude who mows his circular lawn with a self-propelled mower. He has an eye bolt with a bearing in it driven into the middle of the lawn, and he sets the mower going with a rope attached to it, pulling it a little bit tighter with every lap. He tidies up at the end with a battery-powered brushcutter, one of those little ones that are really only good for grass.

He is like a little baby compared to this genius.

https://i.imgur.com/y9J4Aii.mp4

poo poo... I think i slash areas at work which arent a lot less steep with a new holland 4wd tractor.

Im pretty sure my sense of self preservation has been permanently warped by doing slashing with tractors. It cant be a good thing when they ask 50 people if anyone is interested in learning how to do the slashing and the universal reply is "gently caress NO- Ferremits loving INSANE where he takes that thing!"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There was some dude cruising around in a mexico blue GTM and it was awesome

he was going way too fast to get a good pic of.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Ferremit posted:

poo poo... I think i slash areas at work which arent a lot less steep with a new holland 4wd tractor.

Im pretty sure my sense of self preservation has been permanently warped by doing slashing with tractors. It cant be a good thing when they ask 50 people if anyone is interested in learning how to do the slashing and the universal reply is "gently caress NO- Ferremits loving INSANE where he takes that thing!"

Yeah you might want to be careful with that. We looked at the highest rates of work related deaths a couple years ago at work, and the second highest (after falling off ladders) was being crushed by a tractor/mower roll-over.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah my uncle got killed by his lawn tractor rolling over him going up a hill, he suffered for awhile in the hospital until he died too it was not quick and painless :(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Ferremit posted:

Does it have rollover protection of some sort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Snowy posted:

This would be so much better if they still had the old car

Yeah, it's fantastic they're still together but getting rid of that car is obviously an error he made in life.