Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/dataeditor/status/1027014051006697473

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

OH12 is supposed to be a safe Republican district and never ever this close.

It was like +33 Republican in 2016

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:siren: :woop: :siren:

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1027014173111152646

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Is there a more D&D move than bitching about the Green Party?

https://twitter.com/SassBaller/status/1027009130651938818

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

dems need 23 seats to win the house and are currently projected to take 40-50 iirc

right, but why fight over this seat for three months over some succ dem.

Gringostar posted:

it will piss off republicans

eh, fair enough I guess

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

if the green party is consistently costing democrats electoral victories, wouldn't the smart thing be to absorb the green party and its platforms and presumably then these voters

that's the ENTIRE POINT of the two-party system, that one party would snap up policies that are costing them votes, and the democrats can't even do that and would just rather whine about the green party

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Probably Magic posted:

bitching about nader

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this is funny, to me,

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
manchik kill manchin and take his life tia

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

if the green party is consistently costing democrats electoral victories, wouldn't the smart thing be to absorb the green party and its platforms and presumably then these voters

that's the ENTIRE POINT of the two-party system, that one party would snap up policies that are costing them votes, and the democrats can't even do that and would just rather whine about the green party

they would just find some other weirdo 3rd party that has a platform of huffing your own farts or something

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Republicans never do this poo poo with the Libertarian Party, who consistently get more votes than the Greens, really telling if you ask me.

Maybe Ohio just sucks.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

triple sulk posted:

this is funny, to me,

lmao Americans

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The most D&D thing is voting for gretchen like a hosed up moron

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SKULL.GIF posted:

no that would be dumb

the smart thing is to convince them to become more right wing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

manchik kill manchin and take his life tia

joe manchiv

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Facebook live video of Whitmer's campaign

https://www.facebook.com/GretchenWhitmer/videos/2577443295602955/

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I’m lollin, and you should be too

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I 100% guarantee you Limbaugh starts his show tomorrow with a smug as gently caress:

"Well well well. Where was our Blue Wave in OH, HMMMMmmm? Folks this was supposed to be a HUGE Dem win. Like NOT even close, they had this wrapped up more than Clinton did in their minds I PROMISE you that and well look who came up big and. Won. Aaaany. Way. ...Not. Them."

I can hear it perfectly in my mind now, even though Trump took that District by double-digits in 6 and right now there's less than .5 of a percent between the two of them with 95% in. Less than 800 vote difference.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

this is funny, to me,

The Republican looks like a British pedophile.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

actually want you want to do is get mad, accuse them of being putinist traitors and use them to justify moving to the center out of spite

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Honestly still impressive

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Its a general lib thing to do. Its not even as if the Green party is doing well. There must be 10x as many libertarian votes as Green party votes, 1000 is a guy getting all his friends on Facebook

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

fknlo posted:

The Republican looks like a British pedophile.

:thunk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

triple sulk posted:

this is funny, to me,

what if,

get this

the dems ran an actual progressive in that district

maybe they would have gotten some of those green party votes and even some folks who didn't vote today

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

sure, if the greens were anything other than clueless hippies and contrarians

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

I 100% guarantee you Limbaugh starts his show tomorrow with a smug as gently caress:

"Well well well. Where was our Blue Wave in OH, HMMMMmmm? Folks this was supposed to be a HUGE Dem win. Like NOT even close, they had this wrapped up more than Clinton did in their minds I PROMISE you that and well look who came up big and. Won. Aaaany. Way. ...Not. Them."

I can hear it perfectly in my mind now, even though Trump took that District by double-digits in 6 and right now there's less than .5 of a percent between the two of them with 95% in. Less than 800 vote difference.

Honestly if the blue wave doesn't actually happen i might need to kill myself because the smug from republicans will be that unbearable.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

Gio posted:

whitmer will get loving shredded. she doesnt stand for anything. schuette is already tearing into her.

she managed to basically win Bernie's 2016 map so

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What is the green party even for

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Flavius Aetass posted:

how can you say that about people who voted for Genuine Leftist Jill Stein???

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

what if,

get this

the dems ran an actual progressive in that district

maybe they would have gotten some of those green party votes and even some folks who didn't vote today

i believe that and gently caress the green party :colbert:

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
Bernie shouldn't have wasted his time, Abdul ran a bad campaign

also pretty much all the Michigan progressives were shredded upballot and downballot

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

99%, gop margin > green party votes, it was fun while it lasted

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

triple sulk posted:

this is funny, to me,

note that this was the result in 2016

so freaking out about this loss for a lame duck position is pretty dumb. this election is entirely for bragging rights for a few days and will have no material consequences.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Flavius Aetass posted:

now let's check on the democrats voting in a literal insurance company lapdog, thank god we were saved from the hippies

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Flavius Aetass posted:

lol still better than the democrats

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

so freaking out about this loss for a lame duck position is pretty dumb. this election is entirely for bragging rights for a few days and will have no material consequences.

Counterpoint: Bragging rights are literally all that matter to future results in the era of TRUMP!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

get this though: trump is still prez and they're gonna decorum themselves into doom

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

now let's check on the democrats voting in a literal insurance company lapdog, thank god we were saved from the hippies

I said this and immediately got a “Vote fOr D NOmaTteR WhATT” to my friend

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
chud is up by like 1600 votes with 99% reporting

• Locked thread