Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

I'm not crying in my beer over a loss that close in that district.

I'm also not calling for this, but I legit don't know, can you ask for a recount for a congressional district based on it being closer than a percent of a loss? Or is that something only state wide or national elections allow for?

automatic recount is triggered in OH-12 at 0.5% or less margin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Looks like my new Ohio district is just as dumb as the one I left in Texas.

Yeah it's been sending overwhelmingly Republican delegations to Congress since 1980 and redistricting has only cemented that. the last guy won by 37% over his D opponent. Lol at Balderson squeaking by with 1000 voters.

160K Republicans that voted in 2016 didn't show up today, versus 70K Ds that didn't show up.

The fact that R national leadership have to worry about this district is great news for D prospects in Nov.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

LinYutang posted:

he was uncontested lol

the centrist dream

he's a unity candidate

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
efb

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary only lost once! Bernie keeps losing!!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
danny's pollster just tweeted:

https://twitter.com/JasonMMcGrath/status/1027019140538802176

no concession i'm guessing

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Republicans needing the Green Party jokers to win a formerly super safe district in fuckin' Ohio isn't as good as a Democratic win there, but I'll still point and laugh.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
Abdul is now losing Washtenaw County, the biggest pocket of leftists in the state ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also down in Wayne

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yo eat a h*ck, bucko

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

LinYutang posted:

Abdul is now losing Washtenaw County, the biggest pocket of leftists in the state ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also down in Wayne

Progressives must not emulate Hillary Clinton, they need to the leave the cities, and hit the road like Beto.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

it's ok CC, I'm sure you'll find other things to gloat about

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LinYutang posted:

also down in Wayne

Ann arbor sucks rear end

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Spirit bomb fails, Abdul revealed as Vegeta

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Dr Rob! This guy is so awesome. His opponent is the republican incumbent and had a three million dollar warchest that he's spent over two million of it already attacking Dr. Rob.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
sounds like most of america is irredeemable and we need to balkanize then :q:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Bernie and AOC campaigned for Abdul because they thought the polling was full of poo poo, the polling was in fact full of poo poo, just not enough to actually carry him. That doesn't mean it was wrong to campaign there though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

Is there a more D&D move than bitching about the Green Party?

I don't think you understand, the Democrats deserve those votes. Now, yes, they've done literally nothing to earn them and actively and openly despise those voters, but gently caress you vote Democrat

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Al! posted:

I lust for an un-subsidized south and midwest

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

Oh, that's your answer to everything.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

the breathless profiles of El Sayed in the Guardian and Vox made him and his campaign seem much more impressive than IRL

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1027021796757983233

joementum knows how to make me feel better

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

It’s not like the cool Michigan dude is done with politics forever. The succ dem will probably lose the general anyways.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

reignonyourparade posted:

Bernie and AOC campaigned for Abdul because they thought the polling was full of poo poo, the polling was in fact full of poo poo, just not enough to actually carry him. That doesn't mean it was wrong to campaign there though.

the polls had him and Shri basically swapped from the actual results

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

El sayyed is a fckin loser and I wash my hands of him

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

docbeard posted:

Oh, that's your answer to everything.

it is the answer TO everything.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Who wants to fill me in on Whitmer. I know she doesn't want to abolish ICE, just wants to move it to the Justice Dept. She wants to expand Medicaid? That's all I got.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Give me back my precious precious energies

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They gonna elect wretchen failmer boooo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the grifter Shri is rightfully getting blamed, but the Green Party is gonna eat poo poo until January 2021 and a Dem is sworn in.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Shageletic posted:

got more dets on this?

in my house district ("69"), the candidate with the chamber of commerce and cop union endorsements is up 47-37 over the progressive candidate

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shageletic posted:

Who wants to fill me in on Whitmer. I know she doesn't want to abolish ICE, just wants to move it to the Justice Dept. She wants to expand Medicaid? That's all I got.

Blue Cross blue shield employee

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Shageletic posted:

she has a long record of fighting for the michigan unions which is why she won

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Everything I can find about Whitmer indicates that she's a standard left-of-center liberal who loooves her some health insurance

She's not as bad as Carper or anything like that, but I don't know how she'll fare against Schuette. I do expect her to pick up a large majority of women's votes in November, though.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

whitmer was considered at the far left of michigan politics before last year but such is the zeitgeist

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Shageletic posted:

15 dollar minimum wage, fixing the d*rn roads,

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Abdul really underperformed in areas that Sanders won in 2016.

Pinterest Mom posted:

in my house district ("69"), the candidate with the chamber of commerce and cop union endorsements is up 47-37 over the progressive candidate

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Blue Cross blue shield employee

LinYutang posted:

she has a long record of fighting for the michigan unions which is why she won

Ok!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wonder what the population change vs voter change +/- is from then to now is as a percentage

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
YAAAAAAAAS MY GIRL GRETCH GRETCH WITH THE WIN YAAAAAAS #DRUMFDEFEAT #WOMANINCHARGE #PUSSYPOWER

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/justicedems/status/1027022599375740928

https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/1027019395711660033

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump's rally in Dallas is gonna be wild. Tonight proved his endorsement is powerful and to be spread out to as many candidates as possible, because they were testing it for OH-12

• Locked thread