Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

jit bull transpile posted:

The ios keyboard is real bad. Install SwiftKey.

thanks, this is much more tolerable. I used to have a decaying nexus, I think the keyboard is the only thing i dislike about this iphone. I guess you could say that other than that it works extremely well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

infernal machines posted:

gestures do not make a good navigation method

lol what is this garbage. i can switch apps quicker on the x than any other phone and its no more effort to do anything else.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
gestures are hot dogshit for discoverability and reproducibility. if you have button navigation and want to tack them on as shortcuts, whatever, but as the main interaction method they are poop from a butt

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

finally, i can use a controller to play lovely telephone games!

it can do PS4 remote play so you could play real games with 3 seconds of latency too!

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gestures are hot dogshit for discoverability and reproducibility. if you have button navigation and want to tack them on as shortcuts, whatever, but as the main interaction method they are poop from a butt

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

what

The thinkpad t series easily go to 32gb of ram. This includes the T470 and t480

I just got my t25 (25th anniversary thinkpad). It came with 16gb of ram and had a free spot for more ram. I bought another 16gb on ebay for $160 and I now have 32gb of ram

thanks. guess I was thinking of the 480S (which does actually have a SO-DIMM slot but has 8GB soldered and therefore only goes to 24GB)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

sleepwalkers posted:

lol what is this garbage. i can switch apps quicker on the x than any other phone and its no more effort to do anything else.

part of that is that the x has the A11 Bionic chip (lol Mac capitalized this)

android may get a cpu that fast in 2032

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

or its because i just have to swipe left do my poo poo then swipe again instead of double tapping home and tapping on the last used app then repeating to go back. but too bad "move your finger in a direction" is too difficult, shame itll never catch on.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

but its extremely google for them to not get why the ipone x gestures work well and instead come up with some poo poo slider where you have to guess how long to hold it to one direction and oops you let go a hundredth of a second too late guess youll have to start all over again finding the app you want

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Crazy Achmed posted:

thanks, this is much more tolerable. I used to have a decaying nexus, I think the keyboard is the only thing i dislike about this iphone. I guess you could say that other than that it works extremely well!

:same:

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--o-C5U0-t--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_470/dr5bc5ytshf3wjvrguzj.mp4

lmao.

going all in on gestures because nobody loving learns anything any more

remember the wild success of bb os x?
Going back to horizontal cards. Webos was too good for this stupid earth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSMj5RoYdEI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGthdO7nwpU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBKzy01Xh8g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsbYx6hevoQ

Jon Pod Van Damm fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 7, 2018

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

~Coxy posted:

thanks. guess I was thinking of the 480S (which does actually have a SO-DIMM slot but has 8GB soldered and therefore only goes to 24GB)

No problem. Yeah when the models end with an i or an s there's usually some big difference internally which I always found odd

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
itt old people complain about navigation methods that become second nature for anyone with a minute amount of brain plasticity.

It's like steve said, 'death will take care of this'.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oh no blimp issue posted:

it can do PS4 remote play so you could play real games with 3 seconds of latency too!

finally, the ideal ps4 play: 3 seconds of latency on a 5" screen!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Ocrassus posted:

itt old people complain about navigation methods that become second nature for anyone with a minute amount of brain plasticity.

itt idiot nerds fail to learn lessons from every other time their stupid idea failed

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Ocrassus posted:

yes, most current android users will be dead before this update ever makes it to their device

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1026918523988140032 the comic is this one https://thenib.com/mister-gotcha

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:ughh:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
im all the android phones that meet or exceed all aspects of the iphone

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

bigger number for lower number you loving isheep

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am the very good android operating system that works on thousands of devices without error and is an incredibly smooth and reliable experience

gently caress I’d love for someone to make a better phone than the iPhone. that would be incredible.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
motorola razr v3. u’r welcome.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Taintrunner posted:

I am the very good android operating system that works on thousands of devices without error and is an incredibly smooth and reliable experience

gently caress I’d love for someone to make a better phone than the iPhone. that would be incredible.

pretty hard to make a better phone with the barriers to entry and political protection of the incumbents

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol whut?

is this a reference to the lack of interest in enforcing antitrust protections or something completely other?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

i miss my old sony ericsson w810. hard chattin with kalleboo and mroach about fonez.

<mroach> kalleboo: how's sweden 3g
<mroach> kalleboo: do you have to return kily next tuesday?
<kalleboo> mroach: ja
<kalleboo> mroach: i have a feeling i'm gonna hate one thing about wilma
<mroach> kalleboo: what's that
<oreoffle> I'm really,
<oreoffle> really
<oreoffle> hoping
<oreoffle> you guys aren't talking about your fonez
<oreoffle> with these girls' names
<mroach> oreoffle: http://mroach.com/codenames/
<mroach> oreoffle: we referr to them by their codenames because it is less confusing

the url is ded now but it used to be a big .xlsx of SE fone code names lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

i miss my old sony ericsson w810. hard chattin with kalleboo and mroach about fonez.

<mroach> kalleboo: how's sweden 3g
<mroach> kalleboo: do you have to return kily next tuesday?
<kalleboo> mroach: ja
<kalleboo> mroach: i have a feeling i'm gonna hate one thing about wilma
<mroach> kalleboo: what's that
<oreoffle> I'm really,
<oreoffle> really
<oreoffle> hoping
<oreoffle> you guys aren't talking about your fonez
<oreoffle> with these girls' names
<mroach> oreoffle: http://mroach.com/codenames/
<mroach> oreoffle: we referr to them by their codenames because it is less confusing

the url is ded now but it used to be a big .xlsx of SE fone code names lol

lol those two

I was in the ‘L’ in Chicago with them once and they were both tethering their MacBooks to their phones instead of doing literally anything else

pulling their computers and phones closer to their bodies when someone (a black person) would walk by

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

the thing about this comic is it could have just been the last panel and been universally relevant but instead he mentioned a headphone in the first panel and it es immediately irrelevant.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

creationist believer posted:

the thing about this comic is it could have just been the last panel and been universally relevant but instead he mentioned a headphone in the first panel and it es immediately irrelevant.

why don’t you message bors about this instead of us?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

i just checked and airpods still cost $159, like the comic says

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Boiled Water posted:

why don’t you message bors about this instead of us?

lol

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

the last panel often gets quoted on its own anyway

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

fondu is back!!

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

samsung made the note 9's stylus bluetooth.
the battery lasts 30 minutes.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:hmbol:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

sleepwalkers posted:

samsung made the note 9's stylus bluetooth.
the battery lasts 30 minutes.
holy loly

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

they had a perfectly fine stylus when it was EM powered, but in true samsung fashion they decided to gently caress with it because they could, its powered by a supercapacitor that only has 30 minutes standby. i guess the positive is they claim it takes 40 seconds to charge fully, but like... why ??

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

at least you don't plug it into the usb c port to charge...?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

isn't that just marginally worse than the timbpencil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

30 minute standby time. apples advertised spec is 12 hr fully charged, 30 min active usage after 15 seconds charging