Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh boy another game streaming platform just want i wanted on my tiny ssd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fallom posted:

Duzzy Funlop already planning to ignore the mountains of negative coverage and buy it in two years asking what the fuss was about

Wait what?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Reinstalled Fallout 4 and modded it with most of the mods in the mod thread.

Having fun roaming the wasteland scrounging for scrap to build bases and other crap with.

One of them adds leveled enemies so right now it's kind of terrifying going too far from Sanctuary Hills because I've already encountered a alpha deathclaw and some super dangerous flying bugs

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EBB posted:

oh boy another game streaming platform just want i wanted on my tiny ssd

don't buy fallout 76, don't worry about yet another streaming platform.

tapping_head.meme

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

don't buy fallout 76, don't worry about yet another streaming platform.

tapping_head.meme

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Just Cause 3 is 4,49€ on Steam. Hard West is 1,99€ on a daily deal. Some kind of a supernatural Cowboy Xcom. For that price a turn-based tactical game is worth checking out for me.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How’s NMS treating you

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Simcopter with the CD is loving awesome because I can listen to the stations. So is rocketing everything in Metropolis with the Apache.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

We could run a GiP co-op farm
Does it really do this?

Serious question, but don't know why I'm asking.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Does it really do this?

Serious question, but don't know why I'm asking.

Yeah there's a cooperative mode that anyone with the save file can host iirc, or a dedicated server can be run, too.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Just made the most comical mech in Battletech.

I used to dismiss Banshees as being awful, on account of their having almost no weapon space if you up their armor to a good amount. Then in a fit of madness, I took one, put the armor near max, added three small lasers, a hit resist gyro and cockpit mod, two punch mods and jump jets.

It's basically the Leeroy Jenkins of mechs. It's already one shot kill punched several mechs and it is glorious.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

:gary:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fallom posted:

How’s NMS treating you

Not sure which mountains of negative reviews you're referring to, I asked whether the Steam reviews were like CD on SA, because I'd heard a lot of good things about NMS from friends, and was surprised the Steam reviews weren't good.
I'll take a bunch of referrals from friends any day :shrug:

And NMS is fun, with some odd types of experiences. Item progression has been a bit weird for me, because I apparently rolled some insanely good multitool spawns in the station stores of my first two stations and the space anomaly that I can't afford, so it appeared I was stuck with my lovely 5-slot C-class tool. Working up my way to a million and a bit credits while hopping around the planets in this system.

poo poo's purdy, too. Color scale is a bit red-heavy, though, but I spent 3 years in Arizona, so whatevs

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Greatest hits from tonight:
Mcnally getting charged off the hospital roof
TR getting charged into the water
Two saferoom wipes
I'm praying someone recorded some of it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Not sure which mountains of negative reviews you're referring to, I asked whether the Steam reviews were like CD on SA, because I'd heard a lot of good things about NMS from friends, and was surprised the Steam reviews weren't good.

And NMS is fun, with some odd types of experiences. Item progression has been a bit weird for me, because I apparently rolled some insanely good multitool spawns in the station stores of my first two stations and the space anomaly that I can't afford, so it appeared I was stuck with my lovely 5-slot C-class tool. Working up my way to a million and a bit credits while hopping around the planets in this system.

poo poo's purdy, too. Color scale is a bit red-heavy, though, but I spent 3 years in Arizona, so whatevs

I'm not gonna rag on ya for having fun. The game came out to such legendarily poor reception the developers literally turned the lights off in their office and pretended they weren't home for 6 months. They've managed to meet a lot of their original promises in the patches they put out since but they didn't change the fact that the game is basically an inventory management sim so it's still not for me.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 8, 2018

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

how much have you spent on star citizen

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fallom posted:

I'm not gonna rag on ya for having fun. The game came out to such legendarily poor reception the developers literally turned the lights off in their office and pretended they weren't home for 6 months. They've managed to meet a lot of their original promises in the patches they put out since but they didn't change the fact that the game is basically an inventory management sim so it's still not for me.

Yeah, all of the release drama went completely past me. I had heard of the game and assumed it was one of the Minecraft-in-space games, but I think I was still on my old PC at the time and wasn't considering to grab a game I wouldn't be able to run. The only thing I came past since then was the odd meme or a namedrop in a YouTube video, but my general impression was that the players were pissed because the devs had hosed up or withheld one particular issue, had no clue beyond that.

From reading the NMS thread on SA, I gather the most criticism revolves around eventual boredom with terrain/flora/fauna generation on free explore, but considering how overwhelmed I'm currently with the size of just the two systems I've been in myself, I don't have trouble imagining that that's something the devs would trip over in endgame content.

Not gonna lie, air/space combat on mouse controls is loving dogshit for me at the moment, though, I have no idea if that's going to get better with more maneuverable craft later on

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

how much have you spent on star citizen

Nothing? :confused:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TRAP SPR- ...wait

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

WHERE'S MY BURRITO

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

How is Star Citizen even still in development? In 2012 or 2013, I met a guy at my university club that was into games and we talked about world of tanks for a bit. I then said I played a dumb internet spaceship excel simulator and he launched into a 10 minute tirade about Star Citizen and how its going to revolutionize gaming altogether.

He had "only" sunk some starter package for a 100 bucks or so, but the game had already been in development for quite a while back then iirc, and he would just dodge all the questions of it ever becoming reality. Like, the same way I imagine someone with an electric car talking to you with their eyes closed in a patronizing fashion that they like to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Now we're five/six years after that point and I haven't even heard about it any more, not even sarcastic talk on SA about it never being released...

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
It's probably easy to stay in development when you're selling jpg and dreams and get three hundred million dollars from autists who will buy more and view dropping $1500 on the game the same way parishioners view throwing some change in the collection plate to own the normies

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I'm really glad that I sold off the one Star Citizen thing I bought (deployment money). I think I even made beer money on it, too.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Naked Bear posted:

I'm really glad that I sold off the one Star Citizen thing I bought (deployment money). I think I even made beer money on it, too.

:same:

I bought a 60 dollar thing back in 2012 I think? Sold it 2 years later for 90 and change.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

God of War new game+ coming soon! gently caress yes!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

RIP glorious all-AMD computer. You will be missed.

May 2011 - August 2018

It's probably just the PSU; Windows poo poo the bed (again) a few days ago, and today while troubleshooting it (multiple power cycles) a cap somewhere deep inside let the smoke out.

Stupid loving Windows.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How is Star Citizen even still in development? In 2012 or 2013, I met a guy at my university club that was into games and we talked about world of tanks for a bit. I then said I played a dumb internet spaceship excel simulator and he launched into a 10 minute tirade about Star Citizen and how its going to revolutionize gaming altogether.

He had "only" sunk some starter package for a 100 bucks or so, but the game had already been in development for quite a while back then iirc, and he would just dodge all the questions of it ever becoming reality. Like, the same way I imagine someone with an electric car talking to you with their eyes closed in a patronizing fashion that they like to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Now we're five/six years after that point and I haven't even heard about it any more, not even sarcastic talk on SA about it never being released...

$191,606,684 raised so far.

Edit: I'm annoyed at Samsung. Their normal tech support people, working 24/7, do not support SSDs. Their SSD support people only work bank hours. Two days, no response to my ticket besides the generic "We've received your inquiry" statement.

If anybody has a clue on how to jump-start a new SSD so it shows up anywhere (BIOS, Magician, disk mgr, device mgr, etc), I'm completely out of ideas.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 9, 2018

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
That's a lot of blow.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Melthir posted:

That's a lot of blow.

I wonder if when he finally blows through it all it's gonna cause an economic collapse in the cocaine business. Like is his nose supporting the Columbian economy? Are we going to get some Clear and Present Danger poo poo?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Witcher 3 cost 81 million and Mass Effect 3 cost around 40 million for reference.

And Star Citizen doesn't exist.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

not caring here posted:

Witcher 3 cost 81 million and Mass Effect 3 cost around 40 million for reference.

And Star Citizen doesn't exist.

Holy poo poo 81 mill for Witcher 3?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's what the google machine told me.

It also said that in the first half of 2016, they made 35 million dollars profit, so, errr, good gamble I guess.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

it sold enough for them to add him into soul calibur 6

also holy poo poo they added neegan from walking dead to tekken

idc about twd at all but weirdo loving guest characters are rad as hell and way more of a thing now in fighting games

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Was thinking about picking up God of war but that poo poo is like still $60 used, like wtf

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

$191,606,684 raised so far.

Edit: I'm annoyed at Samsung. Their normal tech support people, working 24/7, do not support SSDs. Their SSD support people only work bank hours. Two days, no response to my ticket besides the generic "We've received your inquiry" statement.

If anybody has a clue on how to jump-start a new SSD so it shows up anywhere (BIOS, Magician, disk mgr, device mgr, etc), I'm completely out of ideas.

Sounds like the controller is hosed, which is rare as poo poo nowadays but there's nothing that can be done to revive it. RMA is the only answer with this.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

mods changed my name posted:

Was thinking about picking up God of war but that poo poo is like still $60 used, like wtf

it’s really loving good

Redbox?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

Sounds like the controller is hosed, which is rare as poo poo nowadays but there's nothing that can be done to revive it. RMA is the only answer with this.

RMA for the SSD? I've already sent one back, this is the second one. The odds of two DOA drives is crazy.

I also have two other SSDs in this PC, so I know the mobo is good. I've swapped cables and SATA ports on the mobo with known-good ones.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

RMA for the SSD? I've already sent one back, this is the second one. The odds of two DOA drives is crazy.

I also have two other SSDs in this PC, so I know the mobo is good. I've swapped cables and SATA ports on the mobo with known-good ones.

Is the SSD on your boards approved hardware list? Not even making GBS threads I just discovered this is a thing when I rebuilt my PC last month, some boards don't support some ssds, and or ram etc. Like for example since my ram isn't on the approved hardware list for the board I have I can't push my ram to its rated speed due to voltage concerns, I have to underclock it to get my PC to boot.

Oh I just thought of what might be causing it, gently caress with the SATA power modes on your ssd's SATA port it's plugged into. There's like ACPI and legacy modes I think, sometimes the board will default to an older legacy SATA setting and the drive's controller will say gently caress no.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Aug 9, 2018

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'll see if I can find the list today, I'll have some free time at work. I'd be surprised if it's a compatibility issue though; I'm running an 840 and 850 Evo already, the new one is an 860 Evo. BIOS is an April release and up to date.

I *think* everything is AHCI but I'll double check. The BIOS on this board is weird...it's setup to make customization of fan speeds and voltages to everything super easy, but the "normal" BIOS stuff isn't presented the way I'm used to. They're all enabled at least, and the two that show "empty" have hot-swap enabled as well to try to save a little time when I'm actually dicking around with it.

Edit: Motherboard is an ASUS Z170 Mk 1 SABERTOOTH

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm having trouble getting into the new DOOM. It makes me just wanna play unreal tournament 2003 and skip the bullshit.