Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

hmm yes, jettisoning lgbtq rights will clearly lead to the success of lgbtq rights! just another brain genius moment from fulchrum!

So if you dont get something now, you will never get them.

You cant really call it infantilisation if that's your actual attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fulchrum posted:

we'll get around to supporting your rights when we're good and ready lbgtq community

hmm yes, you really support us fulchrum

edit: oh i'm sorry, that's a bit too kind to you fulchrum, it's more like

Fulchrum posted:

it was a mistake to support anything but grinding the lgbtq community into the dust in 2004. it cost us the precious republican vote. how dare you uppity gays doom us to 4 more years of bush!!

Condiv fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 8, 2018

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm glad Ronald Reagan won

This is sad, even for you, snapple

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fulchrum posted:

I am a moral defender of hillary! i tell minorities to wait through 4-8 more years of oppression so that my own comfort remains undisturbed. it's for the best that these minorities are oppressed after all

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Fulchrum posted:

So if you dont get something now, you will never get them.

You cant really call it infantilisation if that's your actual attitude.

A single 12-hour shift on a factory floor would break you both mentally and physically.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Prester Jane posted:

A single 12-hour shift on a factory floor would break you both mentally and physically.
Fulchrum's gimmick is that he's Frasier Crane, but without the wit, style, or money.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Imagine not actually caring about the success of literally any of the causes or people you claim to care about, and gladly handing Republicans all the power just so you can justify your smug feeling of superiority.

This would be a much more powerful thesis if the Democrats hadn't done this for the last nine years and consistently lost elections until they were at record low levels of power in both federal and state governments.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The DNC would be a great comedy troupe if not for the material consequences of their poo poo

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Motto posted:

The DNC would be a great comedy troupe if not for the material consequences of their poo poo

Right? Schumer would make a terrific Sad Clown.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The 'sexist racist priveleged Bernie Bro wanting to shunt social justice to the back of the line' was always 100% projection.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also the "purity test" nonsense when conservative Democrats would rather lose any election as long as they didn't have to move left on any issue their backers cared about.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Fulcrhum is literally the “white moderate” from the Martin Luther King, Jr. quote

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

it's always revealing when they hate green party voters over republican voters like this

Republicans never, ever punch right. Ever. Because they know that's their base, it's the direction they want to take the country. Those are their allies. Democrats consistently punch left, they attack their own base, they call their own professed values unworkable or impractical.

I think that's a seriously overlooked factor in why the Republicans dominate the national and most state governments, while the Democrats are an electoral joke.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also imagine the concept of "Blue State Republicans" being able to poo poo over the party platform and call Trump an idiot or that maybe they would support Obama and how long that would last.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Brent Welder lost so wrap it up Ocassioailures

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Nothus posted:

Brent Welder lost so wrap it up Ocassioailures

:yeah: now we won’t flip that seat for sure!

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

Republicans never, ever punch right. Ever. Because they know that's their base, it's the direction they want to take the country. Those are their allies. Democrats consistently punch left, they attack their own base, they call their own professed values unworkable or impractical.

I think that's a seriously overlooked factor in why the Republicans dominate the national and most state governments, while the Democrats are an electoral joke.

The answers is centrists honestly hate the left more than many Republicans, any talk about "working together" is usually followed by demanding the left to give up on whatever stance it has.

Centrists don't want to let the left alone to its own devices, but smash it into little pieces and incorporate whatever remains with appropriate messaging.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 8, 2018

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

PJ he is literally so insulated he does not know what a fish fry is.

The only people who know what a fish fry is are those who live within 100 miles of New York state.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

The only people who know what a fish fry is are those who live within 100 miles of New York state.
Unless y'all are doing it weird we definitely have fish fries in the South.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Main Paineframe posted:

Isn't this just a universal thing on Fridays? Like in any community with any Christan population in the US?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

hahah I just noticed the title of this thread. It's amazing how whiny some people get about the fact that even a minority of the American left cares about the politics of the party that is supposed to represent them. "Whiny" is really the best word I can think of, because it's just pathetic; it reminds me of white Christians who whine about being an oppressed minority.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

hahah I just noticed the title of this thread. It's amazing how whiny some people get about the fact that even a minority of the American left cares about the politics of the party that is supposed to represent them. "Whiny" is really the best word I can think of, because it's just pathetic; it reminds me of white Christians who whine about being an oppressed minority.

The idea that voters might actually demand something, anything, of the Democrats is offensive to them

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Citizens United will save the centrists.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Unless y'all are doing it weird we definitely have fish fries in the South.

Down in Florida, we just called them "fish". Though according to my friends from New York, merely having fried fish is not enough to qualify as a "fish fry" - it has to be some very specific arrangement of fried fish and bread and some other poo poo, or else it doesn't count.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm from and live in NY and I've never heard of a fish fry. Is this an upstate thing?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm from and live in NY and I've never heard of a fish fry. Is this an upstate thing?

I've lived in lots of places and I've only seen them in catholic areas on Fridays during lent.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Nothus posted:

I've lived in lots of places and I've only seen them in catholic areas on Fridays during lent.

Ah, that explains it. Shame, I do like fried fish.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
is it like a crawfish boil?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

is it like a crawfish boil?
Nah, more like a clambake.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Next thing you'll be telling me you don't know steamed hams.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Nothus posted:

They're a huge deal all over Wisconsin and in Detroit, both largely settled by Catholics.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Next thing you'll be telling me you don't know steamed hams.

I mean he is from Utica.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Ytlaya posted:

Anything to maintain the bubble. On another forum, I get a ton of pushback if I say that the Democrats need to win back the working class. Some would even suggest that I’m racist because the Democrats won the votes of working class minorities, but forget that the minority vote has been captured and they don’t really do anything for minorities. In fact, they have actively screwed over minorities and depress their own base with their triangulation. Meanwhile, those same posters calling me racist will vehemently defend Manchin and want to attract Republican voters of a certain class.

theCalamity fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 8, 2018

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

A Party's base is, by definition, those that vote and participate in internal party politics the most.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Soviet Commubot posted:

They're a huge deal all over Wisconsin and in Detroit, both largely settled by Catholics.

Yeah it’s super weird when I go anywhere else and it isn’t fish fry Friday’s all the time tbh.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Trabisnikof posted:

A Party's base is, by definition, those that vote and participate in internal party politics the most those that get maddest on Twitter.
get with the times old man

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HubmRMm9r4o

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1027212215642935296

MSDOS KAPITAL fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's almost funny how blatant it is as propaganda. All use the same picture that's meant to evoke a sense of "look at Sanders, all frustrated and upset at how his movement is FAILING!"

• Locked thread