Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
He's a weird Abe Lincoln cosplayer who fights random people to get views for his Youtube channel. If he were in any other game he'd be my main forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Shiki Dan posted:

He actually is

For reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VivPApIEa5k

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

This rules

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yeah thats pretty unquestionable

Now bring back hugo, assdicks

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

drat, this makes Q such a tragic character. Seeing the degraded moves, now with context, feels kinda sad. Feel like going back to 3rd Strike and playing him just because of this. :smith:

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Big Scary Owl posted:

drat, this makes Q such a tragic character. Seeing the degraded moves, now with context, feels kinda sad. Feel like going back to 3rd Strike and playing him just because of this. :smith:

"I am... abomination..."
:smith:

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Capcom really needs to add the 3rd strike soundtrack to Spotify, it's too good

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Kikkoman posted:

Capcom really needs to add the 3rd strike soundtrack to Spotify, it's too good

knowing Capcom it'll end up only having the remixed tunes from 3soe

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Wait...so what's going to happen to G that turned him into Q? He was going to be president of the world!

Also, didn't SF3 establish that Q had been a mysterious assassin for a long time?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
G, in his quest to become President of Earth, gets a bit too close to the Illuminati's plans and they gently caress him up. Or maybe Q is some sort of clone

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I thought degraded was referring to how much worse the SF5 animations look... then I got to the end of the video.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Wait...so what's going to happen to G that turned him into Q? He was going to be president of the world!

Also, didn't SF3 establish that Q had been a mysterious assassin for a long time?

feels like they retconned Q into a G impersonator who is just really strong

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

rip hakan

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So G is Emperor Norton?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Yes, with anime powers

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

I don't understand G at all. he's some abe lincoln cosplayer but with golden poo poo on him and has random fire powers because....america? he might be the most random loving character in Street Fighter, he seems like he's one of the SF3 weirdos.

SF3 weirdos are the best characters in SF (give us Necro Capcom)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Have they said anywhere many seasons are they planning? I assume we are still like 4+ years away from a SF6 or V: Double Impact or something like that

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Have they said anywhere many seasons are they planning? I assume we are still like 4+ years away from a SF6 or V: Double Impact or something like that

they were planning updates until 2020

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 more years! 4 more years!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im hype to rise up for sfvi where elderly ryu is immobile and chair bound and every button is a crushcounter with his grabber tool

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Rolento has a straight up cane and throws worthers originals instead of grenades

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Birdie's V-Trigger is an insulin shot

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
His moveset change is interesting and all but if I was gonna pick something that made me sad I'd probably go with: retconning him into a former youtube content creator who cosplayed abe lincoln for pagehits.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Ken's Ultimate is to complain about the Millenials wanting free health care

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

Im hype to rise up for sfvi where elderly ryu is immobile and chair bound and every button is a crushcounter with his grabber tool

That doesn’t sound too different from sfv ryu tbh

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Chun lis ult causes her to enter the background and collect cans from the trash bins

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ROFL Octopus posted:

That doesn’t sound too different from sfv ryu tbh

His cc will hit crouchers now tho since he is seated

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Bison has nothing but bitterness

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I bought G but 10 casual matches in and I've realized I literally have no idea how to play this game as anyone but FANG.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

the really tragic thing about this is seeing that all the moves clearly have double the reach in sf3

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Astrochicken posted:

I bought G but 10 casual matches in and I've realized I literally have no idea how to play this game as anyone but FANG.

going from FANG to any other character should be like Goku taking off the weighted training clothes

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

CharlestonJew posted:

going from FANG to any other character should be like Goku taking off the weighted training clothes

lol that's exactly what I thought after I played FANG for a loooooooooooooooooooooong time and then went back to Laura.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So I have been playing Falke and she is very fun and good (kinda reminds me of Venom from GG, but nowhere near as complex or cool).

Based on my track record with this game, she is probably one of the worst characters in the game and I have picked another stinker right? :ohdear:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Astrochicken posted:

"I must apologize for Astrochicken. He is an idiot. We purposely trained him wrong as a joke."

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

So I have been playing Falke and she is very fun and good (kinda reminds me of Venom from GG, but nowhere near as complex or cool).

Based on my track record with this game, she is probably one of the worst characters in the game and I have picked another stinker right? :ohdear:

I don't know anything about Falke but if she is fun to you play her :)

If she sucks then she won't get used much and you'll probably win a bunch just on lack of familiarity in the normal skill mm queue.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I don't know anything about Falke but if she is fun to you play her :)

If she sucks then she won't get used much and you'll probably win a bunch just on lack of familiarity in the normal skill mm queue.

Yeah I am just going to play her anyway. I never really cared about tiers and played what was fun.

Though trying to play Sakura in this game compared to past games is noticably... not great. Though I heard shotos in general besides Akuma are having a tough time.

Is Sagat any good? A friend of mine was interested in him.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

She's pretty low tier but can absolutely dunk on people who don't know the matchup, so should be good online. Justin won Canada Cup Masters tournament mostly with her, and people had no idea what to do against her.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Double Bill posted:

She's pretty low tier but can absolutely dunk on people who don't know the matchup

The Hugo gambit

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Is there a list anywhere of which moves are beneficial to parry with Ryu as far as like getting a better punish (or turning a safe move into punishable, I think that's the case with some moves too because of spacing)

Edit: Or is there a method that I can tell based on frame data which moves are punishable after parry that might not be otherwise

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol that's exactly what I thought after I played FANG for a loooooooooooooooooooooong time and then went back to Laura.

You can get wins with fang cause nobody knows wtf he can do