Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I like big buns and I cannot lie.

efb but at least mine has a KICKIN' RAD PIC ok

In awe at the size of this rabbit. Absolute unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

In awe at the size of this rabbit. Absolute unit
Continental Giants get massive. Very sweet rabbits, lifespan of like three years.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Parallax Scroll posted:

we haven't heard anything more about caro since the russians handed him off to the US, have we?

He’s made some blog posts and surprise he’s every bit as crazy as before. He was back at his enabler parents house last i heard

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Continental Giants get massive. Very sweet rabbits, lifespan of like three years.

Wow, it's amazing they can grow so much in such a short span of time.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

tell us of the un-sweet, long-lived rabbits

longeared absolute shitheads that never die

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

oh those ones end up in the shepherds pie

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Britannia Petites

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I haven't seen Donnie Darko but I assume this is what it's about

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The warrens for those things would be like an underground apartment complex.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Britannia Petites

:colbert:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They're lying. Britannias are notorious for being a worse-tempered Netherland Dwarf.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Perhaps they mean "sweet" in the way websites mean when they describe literally any small parrot as "quiet"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I like big buns and I cannot lie.

efb but at least mine has a KICKIN' RAD PIC ok

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Perhaps they mean "sweet" in the way websites mean when they describe literally any small parrot as "quiet"

Maybe they mean "compared to a larger parrot"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't believe the amount of rabbit information I'm picking up here in the SA's Greatest Sagas thread. What type of rabbit is essentially the pit bull of rabbits. Like where owners swear it's the "nanny bun" and it goes off and mauls other rabbits to death all the time?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can't believe the amount of rabbit information I'm picking up here in the SA's Greatest Sagas thread. What type of rabbit is essentially the pit bull of rabbits. Like where owners swear it's the "nanny bun" and it goes off and mauls other rabbits to death all the time?
Nothing, rabbit aggressiveness is largely determined by the situation and individual personalities.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pham Nuwen posted:

Maybe they mean "compared to a larger parrot"

Oh, that's exactly what they mean, but it's pretty misleading for people who aren't familiar with the sliding scale of parrot shrieking :lol:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

If you lose enough of your hearing, every parrot is "quiet".

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

In the cloud with the blockchain. Duh.

HODL UR PISSSSSS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're lying. Britannias are notorious for being a worse-tempered Netherland Dwarf.
I think "Dutch little person" is the preferred nomenclature.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
bun and birb facts all up in here

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

What kind of rabbits were the bad guys in Watership Down?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I think "Dutch little person" is the preferred nomenclature.

As a dwarf, I appreciate this :golfclap:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Grem posted:

What kind of rabbits were the bad guys in Watership Down?
Wild rabbits. I don't know what live in England, some sort of cottontail I assume.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

they mislabeled it thats the description of their taste

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sort of concerned about what kind of website is Rabbits For Singles

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You need to use the whole court in a Rabbits for Doubles match

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
After reading the meltdown, I super want a bunny!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Those giant bunnies are the best, a roomie of a friend had one named Eugene (after Eugene Hütz) and visiting with him was always fun. Super chill, but he did make a mess. He also struck fear into the heart of any cat that looked upon him for some reason.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

After reading the meltdown, I super want a bunny!
1. Do you have other pets
2. Do you have kids
3. What kind of space do you live in

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

Those giant bunnies are the best, a roomie of a friend had one named Eugene (after Eugene Hütz) and visiting with him was always fun. Super chill, but he did make a mess. He also struck fear into the heart of any cat that looked upon him for some reason.
They have fantastic personalities. Flemish Giants have bad hearts and Checkered Giants almost universally develop megacolon, but if you do some breed research you'll be fine. I think French Lops, English Lops, New Zealands, and some of the other 10-12 lb breeds are supposed to be pretty healthy.

One nice thing about rabbits is that they tend to be less inbred than dogs, and their behavior is influenced by their breed rather than determined.

The only rabbit breed I will warn people off getting entirely is the Belgian Hare, which require some very specialized knowledge.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

2. Do you have kids

Oh boy, I hope they have like 4 dogs, an ocelot, an antique collection of rabbit snares, and a 10ft ball python named Munchers.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

2. Do you have kids

1. Noooo
2. NOOOOOOO
3. 120 sq m

...but my neighborhood is loud as gently caress and I don't think a rabbit would do well in that environment. I will have to wait. :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

1. Noooo
2. NOOOOOOO
3. 120 sq m

...but my neighborhood is loud as gently caress and I don't think a rabbit would do well in that environment. I will have to wait. :smith:

a maremma sheepdog might be for you

too bad you dont have kids

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FactsAreUseless posted:

2. Do you have kids

this is ableism

e: why didn't that maremma guy just buy a non-purebred dog? hybrids are often healthier anyway and it wouldn't be insane

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

sneakyfrog posted:

a maremma sheepdog might be for you

too bad you dont have kids

Where can I get a tree for my RARE BREED to guard in a desperate attempt to fulfill its life? All my autistic babies got ate already.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
What makes a Belgian Hare require specialized knowledge? Are they particular about their diet or more prone to disease? Are they just foul tempered and bitey?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of goon pet disasters does anyone have the Wojtek dog thread handy? He's lurking around the WoW guild again and I'd like to have it on hand for the uninitiated.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Eox posted:

Speaking of goon pet disasters does anyone have the Wojtek dog thread handy? He's lurking around the WoW guild again and I'd like to have it on hand for the uninitiated.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611265 - Report from the mod forum.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610831&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post426212298 - The thread where someone called him out on abandoning his dogs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
gently caress that guy.

incredibly.

i dimly remember that story but i figured that dude was long gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you! Jesus I forgot how brutal this post is

Queen Elizatits posted:

Oh you loving piece of poo poo Wojtek how dare you. Come in here whining for sympathy why don't you tell people the real reason you don't have any time?

For anyone who feels sorry for this rear end in a top hat he plays WoW a good 7-10 hours a day everyday. When his first kid was born, like literally crowning out of his wife's vagina, he had his laptop in the hospital and started bitching about the latency and got kicked from the raid because the raid leader couldn't believe he was missing his kid's birth. Not a single word of that is an exaggeration.

He used to play mainly with Goon Squad but he just server transferred because we weren't serious enough. How often do you actually raid a night now Woj, four hours I think you said?

gently caress you. Those poor poor dogs. You are a terrible person and you should feel bad. And you should feel bad for neglecting your kids too but I'm sure you don't.

I worked for an animal shelter for 10 years and people like you make me sick to my stomach.

I hope every time you find a toy they left behind or a stray dog hair you remember you had two animals that loved you unconditionally and you were their world. And you gave that up for purple pixels in a video game. And I hope you understand that it is incredibly traumatic for dogs to be rehomed no matter how great the rescue is and all they know now is they are sad and afraid and they want you to come get them.