Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

so how much active time do you get? two strokes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

:siren:woop woop android poilce:siren: posted:

While docked within the Note9, the S Pen recharges by way of an inductive coil — just the way the phone itself can charge on a wireless pad. So every time you pop it out, its supercapacitor is fully-charged and ready to use. But this is also when your clock starts ticking, and between keeping up the Bluetooth LE connection and losses from the self-discharge inherent to capacitors, you only have about 30 minutes of standby time before the S Pen needs to be reinserted into the phone to charge back up.

Actively using the S Pen's remote features run down that charge even faster, and users can expect a maximum of a couple hundred button presses. This is so low that you can tap away on the button and watch the reported charge drop to 90%, 80%, all the way to zero in the span of just a couple minutes. Thankfully, the phone issues a warning notification at 20% to let you know it's time to recharge.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Boiled Water posted:

yeah.

oh you were talking about the sarnsung

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Boiled Water posted:

anroid p(remature ejaculation)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

sleepwalkers posted:

30 minute standby time. apples advertised spec is 12 hr fully charged, 30 min active usage after 15 seconds charging
:vince:

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

rest in palm

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
lmao Samsung

I thought some wiseass put the galaxy home image together in photoshop

and that s pen poo poo is just :discourse:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

can you easily put the s-pen in backwards and break it this time

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Endless Mike posted:

can you easily put the s-pen in backwards and break it this time

you can, but you may lose it as the hole is slightly too deep

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Boiled Water posted:

the hole is slightly too deep
that reminds me, tell your mom i said "hi"

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
does the galaxy home use the bixby thing that exists on their phones for the sole purpose of being turned off or is it actually "useful"

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

what does your heart tell you

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the Note 9 also runs Oreo

$1000 US dollars

Vagrancy posted:

rest in palm

looks like an iPhone 3g with the OS of Apple Watch

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

all the life of a pencil, even have to stick it in the sharpener once in a while

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

FMguru posted:

that reminds me, tell your mom i said "hi"

Man whatever happened to Tori anyway

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Penguissimo posted:

Man whatever happened to Tori anyway
he's in the twitter canoe now

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
definitely don't miss constant pittsburg posts and the funny posts had dropped off to current android version install levels

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

tori is an angry abusive piece of poo poo with mental issues. good riddance and I hope he finds help

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

elmer chud posted:

does the galaxy home use the bixby thing that exists on their phones for the sole purpose of being turned off or is it actually "useful"

it depends on whether you find a digital assistant that cant do anything except affect phone settings useful. it cant even interface with samsungs own smartthings platform so all you can do is yell at it to turn your volume down on the phone for points so you can unlock features in it

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

:hmbol:

i dont get why people in dyp still deliberately buy sarnsung devices. its not like theres a best buy salesman tricking them into it, they do that themselves

"At least it only burns a literal hole in my pocket" :smug:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

tbf iyg has gotten so insular that the only people left fall into three groups which are the technofetishists who buy everything the poor who buy chinese phones and the pixel warriors who care about ~*purity*~ above all else. no one else is tolerated

its so wildly divergent from actual reality in any way that its actively hostile to any normal person with a question about their samsung (which is the only android normal people buy)

there are still samsung owning lurkers who will pop in to answer a question but they never post because of how theyre treated

your thread is the only one that gets normal people in it and then its only when samsung breaks something or someone wonders why their ten year old tablet isnt working anymore (lol) so maybe you see things differently

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

for real tho i cant imagine what it must be like to hate apple so much that you wont ever consider one but being so "into tech" that you buy samsung phones and windows laptops and think "aww yeah this is great"

like come the gently caress on this poo poo works terribly how is this not obvious?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

kirk's eyes burned as the door creaked open and a sliver of light entered the dark closet.

"is it? can it be?!?!"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I accidentally clicked on the android thread in iyg and thought I was reading people copy-pasting things into this thread for a minute

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

kirk's eyes burned as the door creaked open and a sliver of light entered the dark closet.

"is it? can it be?!?!"

ASUS ROG: Republic of Gayturds

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

anthonypants posted:

he's in the twitter canoe now

Couldn't stop blogging about cheating on his wife

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

LastInLine posted:

for real tho i cant imagine what it must be like to hate apple so much that you wont ever consider one but being so "into tech" that you buy samsung phones and windows laptops and think "aww yeah this is great"

like come the gently caress on this poo poo works terribly how is this not obvious?

they think their life would be better if only their phone was better

also, buying a samsung shows that they're smarter than other people because they're buying the other $1,000 smart phone so they can send texts, browse twitter, and take an average of three photos a day, two of which were accidents trying to adjust the focus

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

angry_keebler posted:

adjust the focus

:what:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

angry_keebler posted:

they think their life would be better if only their phone was better

also, buying a samsung shows that they're smarter than other people because they're buying the other $1,000 smart phone so they can send texts, browse twitter, and take an average of three photos a day, two of which were accidents trying to adjust the focus

im a minimalist by nature but i just cant imagine how people like this think

more poo poo never makes you happier

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
is this the first time an app store has had to put up a disclaimer like this https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/10/17675054/google-play-store-android-fortnite-battle-royale

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

a lot of people are saying Epic’s move to put Fortnite outside the store is about the 30% fee on transactions. but there’s also a lot of complaints that Fortnite is designed to get kids addicted, as well as the usual violent video game concerns. doesn’t putting it outside the store also sidestep parental controls that require parents to approve app downloads and/or block apps rated above a certain age level? i don’t know what Play Store parental controls are like, so it’s just a hunch.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

PleasureKevin posted:

a lot of people are saying Epic’s move to put Fortnite outside the store is about the 30% fee on transactions.

it has really bad pacing issues compared to the best online shooter, splatoon 2

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

most android users are used to compromised rooted devices, so having them install stuff outside the app store is really nbd

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

anyone have that android bootup screen with the android mascot eating an apple and making GBS threads all over the place?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
next step is having them install a separate store by each major game company.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
android continues to be the windows ecosystem in fast forward

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The Management posted:

works on Windows

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Management posted:

some japanese game companies have done this

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The Management posted:

I want to thank my apple oberlords for not allowing poo poo like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://www.wired.com/story/android-phones-hide-missed-security-updates-from-you/

Google has long struggled with how best to get dozens of Android smartphone manufacturers—and hundreds of carriers—to regularly push out security-focused software updates. But when one German security firm looked under the hood of hundreds of Android phones, it found a troubling new wrinkle: Not only do many Android phone vendors fail to make patches available to their users, or delay their release for months; they sometimes also tell users their phone's firmware is fully up to date, even while they've secretly skipped patches.

lol