Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

New event: Icebreaker

https://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/icebreaker/

Starts on the 5th anniversary of the game's release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

jesus payday 2 is five

jesus i've been following the payday 2 thread for like five years

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
When the gently caress are we getting an H&K G11, Pancor Jackhammer, or T/C Encore already?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

RandallODim posted:

jesus payday 2 is five

jesus i've been following the payday 2 thread for like five years

jfc

:suicide:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EorayMel posted:

When the gently caress are we getting an H&K G11

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

EorayMel posted:

When the gently caress are we getting an H&K G11, Pancor Jackhammer, or T/C Encore already?

I want that T/C Encore. And in a stupid caliber, like .444 Marlin. Pretty much a faster 45-70 out of a handgun? Yes, that’ll do.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Hail Satan

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

When do we get a stupid calico, give me that ugly gun.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

UnknownMercenary posted:

Looks like the bonuses are as follows:

Day 1 - Masks
Day 2 - Cocktail (?)
Day 3 - Contract
Day 4 - Twitch
Day 5 - Hostage (?)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Looks like the bonuses are as follows:

Day 1 - Masks
Day 2 - Cocktail (?)
Day 3 - Contract
Day 4 - Twitch
Day 5 - Hostage (?)

Days 2 and 4 are likely to be streaming or similar promo stuff.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
That cocktail better be an actual payday themed cocktail

Make it authentic by halfway through changing what kind of drink you're making and sip it while pointing and yelling at a bulldozer

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
uh its definitely triple sec

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
wait, no, i meant tequila! you didn't add it yet, did you?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The Little Friend 7.62 can pair well with Enforcers armed with the OVE9000 Saw as a secondary weapon.

Rifle and grenade launcher count as separate weapons when using Ammo Bags, causing more ammunition to be consumed.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

RandallODim posted:

wait, no, i meant tequila! you didn't add it yet, did you?

*is carrying bottles of tequila and triple sec around while culling herds of stray cops outside* YALL STILL IN THERE COOKING

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Crackdown is gearing up for its first big update. Beyond a bunch of fixes and tweaks, we will be adding at least three new Crackdown heists...and they will include stealth, and the new Crackdown stealth enemy!*

*Crackdown does not attempt to “fix stealth”. Preplanning is not available in Crackdown. Some optimum routes may be removed. Stealth only heists not available for loud play in Crackdown. New guard type may have strong opinions about men’s rights. Your completion rate may suffer.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 12, 2018

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

*is carrying bottles of tequila and triple sec around while culling herds of stray cops outside* YALL STILL IN THERE COOKING

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Icebreaker... So... OK Studios has decided that Valve has waited too long to make HL3 so they're having the Payday crew rescue the Aperature Science boat that was lost in the arctic circle?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Discendo Vox posted:

Crackdown is gearing up for its first big update. Beyond a bunch of fixes and tweaks, we will be adding at least three new Crackdown heists...and they will include stealth, and the new Crackdown stealth enemy!*

*Crackdown does not attempt to “fix stealth”. Preplanning is not available in Crackdown. Some optimum routes may be removed. Stealth only heists not available for loud play in Crackdown. New guard type may have strong opinions about men’s rights. Your completion rate may suffer.

Sounds sick and I wish console could gently caress with this. Even though I think you shoulda went with pretty much anything other than "Crackdown".

I'm guessing these new heists are reworks of current jobs and assets?

It is super cool that this is a thing.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

swims posted:

Sounds sick and I wish console could gently caress with this. Even though I think you shoulda went with pretty much anything other than "Crackdown".

It is super cool that this is a thing.

One down -> Crackdown is what I guess the name was for

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
It’ll always remain “Death Vox” to me - especially since that’s the name of the install folder.

Also, Crackdown is not compatible with Restoration Mod Overhaul and never will be, according to a dev. I like RM: Overhaul - mainly because of the stat adjustments and the small fun changes (Cursed Christmas Kill Room, for example).

Does anyone know the pros and cons of either over the other? Thanks.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Which one allows for more homicide and ostentatious visual mods, which one gives me more gore

Do any of them have dancing minigames

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

swims posted:

FAUXTON posted:

One down -> Crackdown is what I guess the name was for

Fun fact, Crackdown was top contender for the new top difficulty name before the devs found out that we were making a mod with that name. So Crackdown is directly responsible for the name "Death Sentence". I can only apologize.

swims posted:

Yup, right now it's got Armored Transport: Crossroads and Underpass, Aftershock, Alaskan Deal and Brooklyn 10-10. The upcoming update will have Shadow Raid, Diamond Store, Bank: Cash (each version of the basic bank heist is getting a very different set of tweaks), and one more heist if there's time for me to build one out.

We're also going to start adding whole custom maps, and existing custom heists are all generally compatible with Crackdown.

HebrewMagic posted:

Which one allows for more homicide and ostentatious visual mods, which one gives me more gore

Both restoration and crackdown are broadly compatible with visual mods; Idk if either gives you more gore because both reduce the enemy spawncap.

re: dancing minigames...well, you know the tile puzzle on The Diamond? :getin:

TheObserver posted:

It’ll always remain “Death Vox” to me - especially since that’s the name of the install folder.

Also, Crackdown is not compatible with Restoration Mod Overhaul and never will be, according to a dev. I like RM: Overhaul - mainly because of the stat adjustments and the small fun changes (Cursed Christmas Kill Room, for example).

Does anyone know the pros and cons of either over the other? Thanks.

Crackdown only changes the Death Sentence difficulty, and doesn't make very visible changes to the player side of the equation...yet. We're going to implement a player-side rebalance once we figure out a) how to make it not a crazy mess and b) how to make it clean, stable, and above all else, optional.

Restoration mod basically is everything anyone thought would be cool to add to payday 2, filtered through a profound lack of overarching design and a lead programmer with a mercurial temperament and personal vision. IT does a ton of stuff, but the different parts don't jibe well together.

Cursed Christmas Kill Room is just a normal, rare event on Cursed Killroom; Restoration mod doesn't really do map changes, though there are a couple custom heists bundled with it iirc.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 13, 2018

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Fun fact, Crackdown was top contender for the new top difficulty name before the devs found out that we were making a mod with that name. So Crackdown is directly responsible for the name "Death Sentence". I can only apologize.

An appropriately bad name for a bad difficulty.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

For custom maps, does that mean you can make a bootleg of No Mercy?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HebrewMagic posted:

i want to see jacket dance to Out of My League

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

EorayMel posted:

For custom maps, does that mean you can make a bootleg of No Mercy?

...In principle, but for the crackdown edits I handle, I always start from the heist as it exists in the base game. Some other people got a bootleg no mercy working awhile back, but it was miserable. Editing a heist also takes a lot of work, especially for someone like me with limited skill/experience.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Another thing is that No Mercy really does not work with what Payday 2 is

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Are you telling me 100 cops in a series of cramped hallways won't work?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

UnknownMercenary posted:

It does if you bring a Graze sniper rifle :human being:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

The true answer is Miniguns forever

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

A preview of the planned bank: cash modification, with placeholders for the new stealth unit:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

A preview of the planned bank: cash modification, with placeholders for the new stealth unit:

A cop picking his nose?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

A cop picking his nose?

He's smoking. I'm adding a pair of guards to the lobby.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

UnknownMercenary posted:

Uhhh the diamond's hallways are great

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

He's smoking. I'm adding a pair of guards to the lobby.

but could he pick his nose?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

FAUXTON posted:

Uhhh the diamond's hallways are great

No Mercy is a lot smaller than The Diamond.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Discendo Vox posted:

Yup, right now it's got Armored Transport: Crossroads and Underpass, Aftershock, Alaskan Deal and Brooklyn 10-10. The upcoming update will have Shadow Raid, Diamond Store, Bank: Cash (each version of the basic bank heist is getting a very different set of tweaks), and one more heist if there's time for me to build one out.

This sounds like it owns so hard.
Can you add cars and bikes to missions? Ideally a boat would be the poo poo. You could make a Rats day 3 rework and boat over to the Dogs day 2 area for a drop point or something.

Extra sick style points would be if you had to parachute off the bridge to the lower boat.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

No Mercy is a lot smaller than The Diamond.
The Diamond has alternate routes from anywhere to anywhere.
No Mercy is a crossroads with side rooms, followed by a corridor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:siren: What joy it is that the icebreaker event has finally begun :siren: