Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

poe meater posted:

Also is wakka most optimal as a support character?

Pretty much. It's about all he has going for him. He used to be the only 5* support in FFX until Auron got his upgrade. He can also use 5* sharpshooter but there are much better sharpshooters in FFX. That said if you have good breaks for him and no one else in FFX use him as much as you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Is there any issue with running an account on both an emulator and on a phone?

Also Never Not Always Pull on Lucky Draws.

I got Alma and Golbez SSBs.

At the exact same time? Yeah, one will get kicked. If you mean in a general sense, then not that I've seen, the push notifications for stamina will get screwed up because it doesn't check if your stamina has changed since you last logged in on your phone, otherwise go crazy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just saw the notification that the jumpstart dungeons are going away next week, which is just enough time for me to forget about doing them before next week

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

just saw the notification that the jumpstart dungeons are going away next week, which is just enough time for me to forget about doing them before next week

Oh look, it's the daily reminder about how much content Cowcaster doesn't do.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Pretty much. It's about all he has going for him. He used to be the only 5* support in FFX until Auron got his upgrade. He can also use 5* sharpshooter but there are much better sharpshooters in FFX. That said if you have good breaks for him and no one else in FFX use him as much as you need.
Wakka is no Tidus but hey not everyone can be top tier DPS that also has a chain. Wakka's LM2 (30% chance to cause Minor Imperil Water to the target after using a Sharpshooter ability on an enemy) and USB2 (Fifteen single ranged attacks (0,48 each), ATK and MAG -70% for 8 seconds, grants Attach Water to the user) make him a fine Sharpshooter user.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

... Voltech?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Prav posted:

... Voltech?

Voltech.

And Merton.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 9, 2018

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Voltech, assemble!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Bruceski posted:

I didn't realize that, I thought they had the Runic issue. That definitely makes it handy to have in the toolkit, and looking at it again I think it's my first instant medica USB.

If it's your first instant medica USB and you don't have Aerith's second USB (medica + last stand + party 3x cast speed for 3 turns) congrats, Rosa is now your best healer.

Give her wrath and shellga and TG Mode and enjoy life.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 9, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Said screw it and threw 25 at the Lucky 11. Got Longinus (Kain USB), Kindhearted Moogle (Montblanc LMR), and Artemis Bow, which gives Divine Heal to Rosa, but I don't know if that's a USB or SB or...

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Kheldarn posted:

Said screw it and threw 25 at the Lucky 11. Got Longinus (Kain USB), Kindhearted Moogle (Montblanc LMR), and Artemis Bow, which gives Divine Heal to Rosa, but I don't know if that's a USB or SB or...

Artemis bow is her SSB, it has mblink which is good.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

FFXI event time! Lilisette joins the cast as a hybrid support/dps and, shockingly, Prishe picks up an element! Technically all the new stuff's on banner 1 as usual, but for Global, if we never get the Absolute Virtue event banner, all the new stuff from THAT's divided amongst the two banners.

Banner 1 posted:

Ayame's Myochin Kabuto [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Ice Overflow physical attacks

Prishe's Scorpion Harness [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Lightning/Ice physical attacks, En-Lightning, ATK & DEF +30% and Monk Ability Double to user
Lilisette's Darksteel Kukri [USB, +5 ATK & +5 MND] - Imperil Lightning & ATK/MAG/DEF -70% to all targets, Sensual Dance to user
Sensual Dance: After using Dancer or Celerity abilities, chases with 5 single-target Lightning/Wind/NE physical attacks
Curilla's Bastard Sword [USB, +10 ATK] - Protect, Shell & Last Stand to party, Shield Def. Bonus to user
Shield Def. Bonus: After using Knight abilities, grants 1500 heal to front-row members
Ayame's Zanbato [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, En-Ice, Major Retaliate & Critical Damage +50% to user
Aphmau's Jadagna [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Haste & Instant Cast 1 to party, Instant Cast

Ayame's Daihannya [Glint, +10 ATK] - En-Ice, En-Ice Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Lilisette's Dancer's Tiara [BSB, +5 ATK & +5 MND] - Full Breakdown to all targets, 2000 HP Stock to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target Lightning/Wind physical attack, 0.60s CT, MAG -50%
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Aphmau's Aristocrat's Crown [BSB, +10 MND] - h55 heal and MAG & MND +30%, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h60 heal, activates Activate Mode; 4 single-target Lightning/NE white magic attacks, single-target h60 heal, deactivates Activate Mode
Defend -> h25 heal to party; +2 single-target Lightning/NE white magic attacks under Activate Mode

Ayame's Omokage [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Curilla's R.K. Army Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - Quick Cast 3 at the start of battle
Lilisette's Cermet Knife [LMR, +5 ATK & +5 MND] - 25% chance to Dualcast Celerity abilities
Ayame's Myochin Domaru [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Samurai abilities, 35% chance to grant Quick Cast 1 to user
Prishe's Temple Cyclas [LMR, +10 ATK] - Critical = 50% for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Shantotto's Dark Staff [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Lightning Overflow magic attacks

Shantotto's Federation Signet Staff [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 random Lightning/Ice/Fire magic attacks, En-Lightning & Twinstrike to user
Twinstrike: MAG +30% & Witch Ability Double
Zeid's Chaos Cuirass [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, ATK & DEF +30% and Abyssal Bite to user
Abyssal Bite: After using Darkness abilities, chases with 7 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks with small% max HP recoil
Curilla's Gluttony Sword [USB, +10 ATK] - ATK/MAG/DEF +30% and Radiant Shield to party
Prishe's Coeurl Cesti [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target physical attacks, Monk Ability Boost, Critical Damage +50% & Auroral Uppercut to user
Auroral Uppercut: Quick Cast 1 after using Monk abilities
Lion's Darksteel Baselard [USB, +10 ATK] - 9 random physical attacks, Instant Cast, Hyper Break, Instant Cast 2 to user

Shantotto's Terra's Staff [Glint, +10 MAG] - Lightning Damage +20% & Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Shantotto's Tactician Magician's Cuffs [BSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Lightning/Fire/Ice magic attacks, En-Lightning, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Lightning/Fire magic attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 4 single-target Lightning/Ice magic attacks, 0.825s CT

Zeid's Arondight [BSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, 100% Stun, En-Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, 5 hits if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Dark/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Prishe's Sainti [BSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target physical attacks, Quick Monk 5 to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3~6 single-target physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on amount of Monk abilities used, resets counter
Defend -> 4 single-target physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Lion's Lust Dagger [BSB, +10 ATK] - 5 single-target physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF -40%
Attack -> Single-target physical attack, ATK -40%, 0.825s CT
Defend -> Single-target physical attack, DEF -40%, 0.825s CT

Shantotto's Tactician Magician's Wand [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Shantotto's Wizard's Coat [LMR, +10 MAG] - 10% chance to Triplecast Witch abilities
Zeid's Balin's Sword [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Huh, that's another great way to handle Dancers. Between Penelo's latest USB with the Medica chase off Dances and Lilisette offensive method (with Celerity option), they're starting to treat them really well. Hopefully they transfer that love to the non-Ramza support characters. Any word on Lilisette's LM2? With her ATK/MND and Celerity/Dance split the only guess I have for LM2 is Haste/Instant Cast 3.

Prishe going Lightning (with slight Ice) is interesting. I hope this means they'll commit to at least giving Ice and Lightning a Fires Within clone now like they did with Earth. Maybe for the last Torment with Josef for Ice, and Raijin at some point? I don't think they'll be seeing the 6* abilities anytime soon but giving them the 5* skills at this point would be nice.

Although with Holy/Dark Magicite and the FF2 Torment left I'm really hoping they'll introduce some sort of Firion Holy solution.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How is the new celerity 6*, does being instant make up for only being 3 hits? Probably no good for lighting as it devaluates the quick cast from her usb anyway but might work for the fairy.

Also they should just make a blade dance ability.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Avalerion posted:

How is the new celerity 6*, does being instant make up for only being 3 hits? Probably no good for lighting as it devaluates the quick cast from her usb anyway but might work for the fairy.

It's basically Quick Hit with an extra hit, an element and more gauge build.

Anyone who's used Quick Hit, particularly Quick Hit as a replacement for Lifesiphon, will tell you that poo poo Is Good. In particular, Onion Knight with his physical USB goddamn adores it because now he contribute in ways other than "offhealer" or "entrust bot". Kind of hone-thirsty, but what 6* isn't.

Hogama posted:

Technically all the new stuff's on banner 1 as usual, but for Global, if we never get the Absolute Virtue event banner, all the new stuff from THAT's divided amongst the two banners.

So is FF11 going to be "the Lightning realm" now like FF8 did ice and FF10 did water? I'm noticing that Prishe, Lilisette, and Aphmau all dabble relatively heavily in it, and it's entirely Shantotto's deal.

Also, good - the one relic I actually care about is on Banner 1 anyway. :haw:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Aug 9, 2018

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Does anyone (like maybe Enlir?) track detailed event loot anymore? I realized after some opening plans for the 12 Torment that I'd want fire/power orbs and 3* Vitality motes sooner rather than later, and I would hope to not have to farm them out or sit on my hands waiting.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Curilla seems like a secret monster.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

pichupal posted:

Any word on Lilisette's LM2?

Lilisetta Materia posted:

Lilisette RM1: Dancer Spring
Lilisette RM3: Dancer Spring
Lilisette RM4: PHY Damage +30% with Dagger

Lilisette LM1: PHY Damage +10%
Lilisette LM2: When using Dancer abilities, 35% chance to cast h25 heal to party
Lilisette LMR: 25% chance to Dualcast Celerity abilities
Also, as expected, the new Samurai ability:

5* Samurai Ability, Iai Hellchill: 5 single-target Ice physical attacks, 20% critical rate, MND +30% & DEF/RES -30% to user

The new Boss Event, Terror of the Seven Freak Paintings!, has a bunch of new freebie relics and accessories, including a shared AOSB. (Also free copies of Dwindling Spirit and Necrofear)

Bosses & Rewards
1) Ghost (VI); 5* Ghost's White Cape (VI Accessory): DEF -30, RES +30, moderate Instant KO resist
2) Emperor (II); 5* Cursed Cloak (II Light Armor): Dark boost, Dark weakness
3) Gi Nattak (VII); 5* Gi Nattak's Choker (VII Accessory): Moderate Fire/Earth/Paralysis resist, Water/Ice weakness
4) Tonberry King (VIII); 5* Tonberry Crown (VIII Hat): Minor Stop/Stun/Sap resist, Holy weakness
5) Undead Siren (V); 5* Undead's Harp (V Instrument): ATK -30, MAG -30, moderate Sleep proc
6) Ahriman (XII); 5* Ahriman's Ring (XII Accessory): Moderate Dark/Bio/Confuse resist, Lightning/Holy weakness
7) Phantom Train (VI); 6* Phantom Train's Wheel (VI Thrown): 3 single-target Overflow physical attacks

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
FFRK and Hellchill!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Curilla seems like a secret monster.

Her USB1 is low key solid.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I like that gimmick of "cursed" equipment with downsides as well as upsides. I dunno how many of them will be viable, though, but I like the idea of it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Alxprit posted:

I like that gimmick of "cursed" equipment with downsides as well as upsides. I dunno how many of them will be viable, though, but I like the idea of it.
i have like 3 copies of an accessory that lets you resist 3 elements but makes you vulnerable to water. I have literally never been punished for using it, and I don't think I've had to use the trick where you wear water resist armor to overwrite the water weakness, because only the best case applies.

I have like half a dozen dark resist accessories. That Emporer (ii) light armor might as well just read "Dark Boost"

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Alxprit posted:

Unfortunately 4/6 of them terrible because they either inflict statuses on the boss (lol), offer status resistance (useless because all high end content uses auto-hit statuses these days), or just offers normal small damage boost that you can get on armor that doesn't have a drawback EDIT: At least I think that's a small boost; if it turns out to be moderate that's huge and makes it one of the best pieces of armor anywhere. The two that are OK are the two which offer dual elemental resistances at the cost of dual elemental weaknesses. The Dark/Bio one especially will be useful for a couple Neo Torment bosses.

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.
So... I been gone for about a year and a half, what did I miss?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Double Rabite posted:

So... I been gone for about a year and a half, what did I miss?

18 months of powercreep. Most of it is in the OP (which is current as of about two months ago) but bullet points:
  • Everything is elemental now, non-elemental stuff is for nerds and backups
  • Tyro has an upgraded wall, support SBs generally get packed with Protectga/Shellga/Hastega baked in
  • Magicite exists. Magicite is garbage, ignore it unless you have nothing better to fiddle with
  • In a similar vein, Arcane Overstrikes and Glints exist - AOSBs use 1.5x of a normal SB charge, can only be used once a battle, and are basically 3x the (potential) power of a normal OSB; Glints use half a normal SB charge, can only be used 3 times in a battle, and tend to have more utilitarian buff suites (early ones have enelement + quick cast, more modern ones have things like rank boosts or critfixing)
  • A bunch of other stuff it's easier to experience for yourself

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Old torments gone, new torments being released gradually and are build around full synergy teams and come in easy, hard and whale difficulty - drop rubies to make new 6* abilities. All jumpstarts are also open for just a few more days then going away forever, might want to focus on finishing up these if you can & coming back now.

Record dungeons - stamina-free story dungeons (with actual cutscenes and such) where you play Tyro, Elarra along with preset team mates are being released. Acolyte archives lets you pick free relics (uniques, supers and bursts).

Chains are still top relics and there are 2nd gen ones out now, we also got glint, arcane and brave soul breaks.

...speaking of new torments, palings are bullshit. Doesn't help that my FXII team sucks and the upcoming 2 banners are such blatant torment traps. :argh: Got just enough rubies to make vortex though so that's something!

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 9, 2018

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

I just finished up my last mote dungeon after being gone for over a year. Realized that I had barely touched my acolyte reward free relics :(

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

DaddyBigBucks posted:

I just finished up my last mote dungeon after being gone for over a year. Realized that I had barely touched my acolyte reward free relics :(
i haven't picked any of mine yet. Still waffling over picking a third Kaiser Shield for combining purposes since I'll probably never have another chance at one or a +wind dagger/armor lol

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MF_James posted:

Artemis bow is her SSB, it has mblink which is good.

OK, now we come to the weird part:

I should have Rosa unlocked. I've done the Realm that grants her (Antlion's Den Classic), and it says I recieved her. However, she's not in my Roster. And no, she's not in my Party, either.

I also re-ran it, and did not get her as a Reward.

Why is she missing?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The realm dungeons got revamped, including new rewards, in either late May or early June, but any dungeons you completed previously stayed completed, and you couldn't get the new rewards from them. As compensation, older players got a one time influx of mythril and mats based on how far in the realms they were.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

The realm dungeons got revamped, including new rewards, in either late May or early June, but any dungeons you completed previously stayed completed, and you couldn't get the new rewards from them. As compensation, older players got a one time influx of mythril and mats based on how far in the realms they were.

OK, so then I'll just burn a Hero Soul on her. Thanks!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

All that said, Souls of a Hero and MC1s/MC2s are embarrassingly common by now. The game will throw all of them at you either through specific events or just as generics, so don't be afraid to whip them out whenever you feel like doing so. By now veterans have probably thrown away hundreds of each, far over the number of characters ever possible to include in the FF canon, on memory eggs just because they don't have any other use for them. In contrast MC3s are still not a fire-and-forget mechanic, but over time you'll still get enough to fix up everyone with a 6* relic or other top-tier SB to level 99.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

NGDBSS posted:

All that said, Souls of a Hero and MC1s/MC2s are embarrassingly common by now. The game will throw all of them at you either through specific events or just as generics, so don't be afraid to whip them out whenever you feel like doing so. By now veterans have probably thrown away hundreds of each, far over the number of characters ever possible to include in the FF canon, on memory eggs just because they don't have any other use for them. In contrast MC3s are still not a fire-and-forget mechanic, but over time you'll still get enough to fix up everyone with a 6* relic or other top-tier SB to level 99.

MC3s are getting close, for players who have been here the entire time. I think I'm less than 30 lodes away from having MC3s for literally everybody.

They're definitely the rarest though and you'll be playing for a good long while before you use them on just anybody: use them on people you want to take on the long haul or who have really really good Record Materia. (Usually +Damage RMs, but there's a few "start with status" things like Amarant's Lv99 or attack replacers.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

MC3s are getting close, for players who have been here the entire time. I think I'm less than 30 lodes away from having MC3s for literally everybody.

They're definitely the rarest though and you'll be playing for a good long while before you use them on just anybody: use them on people you want to take on the long haul or who have really really good Record Materia. (Usually +Damage RMs, but there's a few "start with status" things like Amarant's Lv99 or attack replacers.)
I was summarizing more for Kheldarn's perspective, but yeah if you use all of the MC3s available since their introduction you'll have 19 characters left who aren't at 99. I'm currently at 23 left with 2 blank MC3s in the bank but I haven't yet poked the 12 Torment, which gives out two in the 240. Back when we were at something like 40+ MC3 holes I stopped actually running them through Sundailies in favor of just tossing spare growth eggs at them and by now my stash hasn't gotten meaningfully smaller.

I'd also disagree on the value of the attack replacers, since most of them are either unreliable (16% or 24% chances for 4* and 5* stuff) or too mediocre for the current progression (guaranteed 3* stuff in an age when R5 4* abilities are still behind the curve). At least starting status effects like Last Stand, Doom, Sentinel, or Retaliate can be situationally useful.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I got Spellblade (the character) up to 99 so I never have to pay attention to orb dungeons ever again

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nihilarian posted:

I got Spellblade (the character) up to 99 so I never have to pay attention to orb dungeons ever again

This is the main thing. Spellblade makes dailies soloable by Orlandeau, Ninja is good for characters who might want to do a little bit of chip damage since it ignores RES, Devout is good if you have a white mage you need to drag through trash waves. Noctis's (Attack becomes old-style Quick Hit but doesn't boost gauge) is okay for things where you don't build gauge like mote dungeons or Endless Battles.

Anything that replaces the auto-Attack command other than that is generally not worth using, no.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 10, 2018

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

By now veterans have probably thrown away hundreds of each, far over the number of characters ever possible to include in the FF canon, on memory eggs just because they don't have any other use for them.

actually i just let them pile up since i've also got infinite eggs

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

Avalerion posted:

All jumpstarts are also open for just a few more days then going away forever, might want to focus on finishing up these if you can & coming back now.

How difficult are the jumpstarts? I've yet to try them since my teams are about 18 months out of date, but the rewards are just a little too tempting to pass up on.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

Double Rabite posted:

How difficult are the jumpstarts? I've yet to try them since my teams are about 18 months out of date, but the rewards are just a little too tempting to pass up on.

I stopped playing around the time Onion Knight and Orlandau came out and I have been able to do at least half so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

gently caress this seymour omnis fight, I can beat the 260 but not him