Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
If it is a Polygon internal issue I would seriously hope that they have a culture there that makes people feel like they can speak out. However considering what she said about companies protecting people sounds like it’s not the case at whatever place of business it is. I’m just going to proceed enjoying the things I normally enjoy until I know otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The REAL Goobusters posted:

the real lesson here is literally not do any fan art whatsoever of any internet personality

Pity be to the types of idiots that get tattoos of celebrities.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The fan art related tweet was deleted.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i really hate how everyone on polygon needs to be a man/womanchild wrt sexuality. like there's this performative bumbling aspect to it instead of just 'yeah i have sex and like sex because im a grown adult.' idk its just very... gross? its very gross.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
fwiw the wording of this tweet makes me think it's someone not-polygon

https://twitter.com/itsashleyoh/status/1027329686962151426

I don't know if speculation is worthwhile though. Definitely don't think it's good.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Endorph posted:

i really hate how everyone on polygon needs to be a man/womanchild wrt sexuality. like there's this performative bumbling aspect to it instead of just 'yeah i have sex and like sex because im a grown adult.' idk its just very... gross? its very gross.

Like dancing, sex should be a comic farce if you're doing it right.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

If someone isn't laughing are you even doing it right?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

iajanus posted:

If someone isn't laughing are you even doing it right?

Man, I hope you’re right. I find people tend to start laughing as soon as I take my clothes off.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I haven’t had sex, is it good?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Colonel Whitey posted:

I haven’t had sex, is it good?

No but I won't shame you for it, you weirdo.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
who want's to see my rear end

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Bogart posted:

who want's to see my rear end

the mailman just saw my rear end. depression level +2, horny level +1

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
thank god the mcelroys are already off this boat

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Ashley O hosting Polygon show, Simone on vacation???

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

Ashley O hosting Polygon show, Simone on vacation???
She's done it before, when they had BeveRAGE

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Simone fan art. Simone sex criminal

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Simone is the horniest Polygon member. We all know this.

But we are safe because her horniness is a laser completely focused of Assassin's Creed characters.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
And Hemingway.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

And Hemingway.

It's only a matter of time until there's an AC set in the 40s, combining her two lusts in one package.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

if she met hemingway in real life, i wonder if she'd actually like him. maybe she's covered this already i don't know

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ainsley McTree posted:

if she met hemingway in real life, i wonder if she'd actually like him. maybe she's covered this already i don't know

She's actually discussed it in one of the more recent episodes.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
So absolutely take this with a grain of salt as it is 100% not conclusive of anything, but Ashley did Like one of BDG's tweets today, which seems like something she wouldn't do if he was a softboy sexpest that's been bugging her recently.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Follow the likes people, follow the likes!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Her deleting the one tweet about fanart but not any of the other subtweets sounds to me less like higher up pressure and more like someone pointed out to her that that one tweet made it sound like she was talking about Pat and/or Brian. So maybe it's not either of them.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Ashley did the Mario tennis stream a couple weeks back that involves practically everyone she'd work near at Polygon and the Verge, which would have been easy to opt out of if she was uncomfortable.

There are a lot of devs and people we never know about that probably come and go from those offices, as well as floating internet personalities like the Greg Millers, who she could have run into. It's not worth speculating about or fearing the worst.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
how has greg miller not been outed as a sex pest already

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Everything Counts posted:

So absolutely take this with a grain of salt as it is 100% not conclusive of anything, but Ashley did Like one of BDG's tweets today, which seems like something she wouldn't do if he was a softboy sexpest that's been bugging her recently.

rip pat

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Psychepath posted:

There are a lot of devs and people we never know about that probably come and go from those offices, as well as floating internet personalities like the Greg Millers, who she could have run into. It's not worth speculating about or fearing the worst.

People don't tend to make fanart about those people.

(Well, maybe the "floating internet personalities")

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 11, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
It feels like just this time last year Ashley and Pat made a joke podcast about sex with Overwatch characters called Lay of the Game.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Psychepath posted:

Ashley did the Mario tennis stream a couple weeks back that involves practically everyone she'd work near at Polygon and the Verge, which would have been easy to opt out of if she was uncomfortable.

I don't think it would be as easy as you think to opt out. There was an implied abuse of power in the deleted tweet, plus social pressure from other coworkers who don't see that something is wrong, plus the pressure of being "an internet personality". I could easily see how, in that situation, Ashley might have felt trapped into participating.

Or it could be someone else and the Mario Tennis stream is irrelevant.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I can understand frustration and powerlessness. i live in america and i'm not 1%. but twitter wasn't the way to go about getting nick ousted and I don't think it's really appropriate for someone in ashley's position to subtweet about it either! like gently caress, man, you're a social media manager, you should know better

e: thats my hot take on a situation we have two (2) tweets on so

Bogart fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 11, 2018

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Bogart posted:

I can understand frustration and powerlessness. i live in america and i'm not 1%. but twitter wasn't the way to go about getting nick ousted and I don't think it's really appropriate for someone in ashley's position to subtweet about it either! like gently caress, man, you're a social media manager, you should know better

e: thats my hot take on a situation we have two (2) tweets on so

Twitter was actually the exact way to get Nick finally ousted because people finally had enough, and it's quite hard to have a group meeting with numerous women who might all have stories but don't know what to do with them because of who they're about.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just think that subtweeting about your abuse is probably the worst thing to do. What does it accomplish? Especially with the allegations are so vague people might be more concerned about what they think they did wrong rather than supporting the victim. Worse, if your the abuser and you have a position of power you still have the ability to retaliate against your victim without the anyone knowing what you did.

That's probably why she deleted the tweet. honestly I get being in a lovely situation where you are helpless and just want to shout it out, and I can understand the fear of being the first woman to out an abuser and all the poo poo that comes with that. But yeah, I don't know dude. I haven't checked out the latest podcast, might just check out from polygon content till the situation resolves. Don't think I could enjoy it :smith:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sometimes people just want to vent

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally, i care more about the feelings of victims than the feelings of weird internet cults of personality. so if it made her feel better for even a second, i dont really care if people had to maybe reconsider making every guy who's said 'super mario' in a goofy voice into a Soft Good Boy.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Bogart posted:

twitter wasn't the way to go about getting nick ousted

idk dude it appears to have worked

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

personally, i care more about the feelings of victims than the feelings of weird internet cults of personality. so if it made her feel better for even a second, i dont really care if people had to maybe reconsider making every guy who's said 'super mario' in a goofy voice into a Soft Good Boy.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know dude, this is an industry where the wrong vent could get you fired, Twitter is great at putting people on blast but if you don't post receipts or have backup it backfires more than it helps.

Endorph posted:

You could pick up a heroin habit if you want to feel better for a second. I'm just saying if the goal is to get the creep out, that tweet makes it not only makes it harder, but could also put ashly in actual danger.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bogart posted:

how has greg miller not been outed as a sex pest already

his youtube channel and patreon aren't exactly doing amazing but he's got 1 MILLION twitter followers and he's a "positive gUY!!"

The polygon puff piece on him was pretty loving weak, barely pushed him on the Colin Moriarty thing and then kinda brushes off this weird thing about him keeping a black book about people who talked poo poo about him/ign and brought it up during job interviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

your posts read like you give more of a poo poo about how the she chose to talk about her experience with/around sexual assault than the assault itself and it's weird