Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Somfin posted:

fleta mcburn

I like you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

More like this derail, please

SAID NOBODY

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

More like Fleta McGroan

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Hattie Masters posted:

More like Fleta McGroan

There's a loving Mervyn Peake joke in here that I can't quite crack. I guess you can call me oldquipless.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Somfin posted:

fleta mcburn

That burn was somfin awful tbh

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

There's a loving Mervyn Peake joke in here that I can't quite crack. I guess you can call me oldquipless.

More like oldgormenghastless

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

let's have some muthafuckin puns

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

More like inexplicable humble request

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
lol if you actually bother to read usernames. just lol.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Lol if you see the internet as anything but a nebulous source of intellectual conspicuous consumption that has no need for you to contribute to it's massiveness.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i like to type words on it

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

lol if you actually bother

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Yestermoment posted:

Lol if you see the internet as anything but a nebulous source of intellectual conspicuous consumption that has no need for you to contribute to it's massiveness.

lost me at "intellectual" chief-o

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Everytime somebody does the joke with anybody other than oldpainless I have to scroll back up to actually look at the poster's name to properly understand the pun. I mean, I guess I don't have to since it's entirely meaningless but still

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Garrand posted:

Everytime somebody does the joke with anybody other than oldpainless I have to scroll back up to actually look at the poster's name to properly understand the pun. I mean, I guess I don't have to since it's entirely oldmeaningless but still

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

More like old less

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I like the stupid puns, I think there are a lot of clever and witty people here on the forums and the idea of only good posts are worth posting stifles creativity.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Shifty Nipples posted:

I like the stupid puns, I think there are a lot of clever and witty people here on the forums and the idea of only good posts are worth posting stifles creativity.

Lot of bad opinions to be condensed into a single sentence.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Shifty Nipples posted:

the forums are a lot like a young niece or nephew, cousin maybe, like a six or eight year old i guess, and you can practice talking to people with them. if you say something stupid they'll let you know by how they react but it won't be in a mean way so your feelings don't get hurt. you can try out new material and when they laugh a lot and smile you can say to yourself "ok im gonna save that one for when im buying an energy drink from the pretty cashier at circle k"

emptyquoted posts are the forums equivalent of your lil cousin just cracking up, laughing his stupid lil head off at you. you know that's a good one to save for real life

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
More like Old Shifty Nipless amirite?

Are you this festering malcontent that I've been hearing about?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Lot of bad opinions to be condensed into a single sentence.

That really hurt my fee fees, I think I need a moment to myself.

Gatekeeper posted:

the forums are a lot like a young niece or nephew, cousin maybe, like a six or eight year old i guess, and you can practice talking to people with them. if you say something stupid they'll let you know by how they react but it won't be in a mean way so your feelings don't get hurt. you can try out new material and when they laugh a lot and smile you can say to yourself "ok im gonna save that one for when im buying an energy drink from the pretty cashier at circle k"

emptyquoted posts are the forums equivalent of your lil cousin just cracking up, laughing his stupid lil head off at you. you know that's a good one to save for real life

More like you say "I like fish sticks" and your big brother replies "haha you said you like fish dicks".

Karate Bastard posted:

More like Old Shifty Nipless amirite?

Are you this festering malcontent that I've been hearing about?

More like Old Shiftless Nipples.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

go fish

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I like fish dicks.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I like fish dicks.

more like Triga Mcgurnscipline

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I like fish dicks.

Frozen or fresh?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I like fish dicks.

The Shape of Water was pretty good

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
gay fish

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

fish gay so what

I love my dead gay fish

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

discarded box posted:

i know this is from 7 pages ago but i just want to clarify that it absolutely can get you high. im dumb as heck and have done every drug out there and at one point i heard immodium could get you high, i started in small doses and worked my way up to a 140-200 pill a day habit. ive used heroin/fentanyl/random research chemical opioids just for reference

it gets you high just like any other opiate, it pins your pupils, makes you itchy, numbs your emotions, all the good stuff. only a lot more lovely.

its not as euphoric but it restored my interest in life and hobbies for a while and then just as with heroin or any other drug eventually i had to take it to feel normal. the withdrawals are just as bad as heroin and its the kind of stuff you cant pin on placebo. when i stopped taking it my pupils looked like i had just dosed lsd (they were completely dilated) and i had extreme hot/cold hills, sweating like mad, extreme anxiety and irritability, insomnia, racing heart, suicidal depression, the works

immodium gets you high when you take stupid amounts, but will eventually kill you due to something i only vaguely remember regarding calcium deficiency in the heart or something. would not recommend, but anyone who tells you it cant cross the blood brain barrier is wrong simply because that is only true when you take the recommended dose

i live in i think the opiate capital of the US and every single store in a 50 mile radius is always out of immodium because junkies steal it. stores have started only stocking the 12 pill packs or putting it behind the counter. people still steal it

hopefully this counts as a cursed post or something

Bobby Digital posted:

Imodium is the opiate of the asses

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

My 6yo nephew understands both neuropharmacology and Karl Marx and that cracked him up

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fagsh :|

anyway last night i was at my aunts 75 year birthday and for some reason everyone was making diarrhoea jokes so i was like "just take some imodium smh" and my mom who is a pensioned nurse was like "wtf why do you know these things"

thx u something awful posters

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Aug 12, 2018

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

“why do you know what a popular medication carried on the shelves of every pharmacy anywhere is used for are you a sorcerer”

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Subjunctive posted:

“why do you know what a popular medication carried on the shelves of every pharmacy anywhere is used for are you a sorcerer”

sorry forgot to mention that this is in denmark, we dont have an opiate crisis. maybe one in 50 would know about anti-poop medication brands

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

even without an opiate crisis i would say most people would know what immodium is

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

time to drop some pepto bismol knowledge and have her revering you as a dark god of health care

(don’t mention tums or alkaselzer, that’s just too much)

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
each and every one of you will be killed by a fast-acting fever of the holes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this broken hill posted:

Höllenfeber

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

this broken hill posted:

You mean like today or eventually, because sure that sounds as likely as anything long-term

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

goethe.cx posted:

even without an opiate crisis i would say most people would know what immodium is

Imodium is about as important for a backcountry/travellers first aid kit as a triangular bandage, tampons and duct tape. 'Stops uncontrollable diarrhea' such an amazing thing.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
It turns out everybody knows what Imodium is but few will admit to learning of it after that one time they violently poo poo their pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Kind of like how everybody knows what sounding is but absolutely refuse to speak of the immense pleasures of jamming a chopstick up your peehole