Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

surely the pens these are a knockoff of would be the better choice if quality control and tight tolerances are a concern
You'd think that, but my glut of inadvertently neutered original purchased-in-Japan uni-ball Signos and Pilot Hi-Tec C's would tell a different story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

goatface posted:

There was a big thing recently about china getting its first steel plant that could make ball-point balls with the proper quality steel (poo poo's difficult to make, apparently). You might be getting the results of that.

I've sometimes wondered how the gently caress European biro manufacturers have stayed in business. I guess this is why?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Woden posted:

3D V Face Slimming Mask Massage Relaxtion Facial Slim Up Belt Lifting Chin Thin Cheek Sauna Bandage Beauty Health Care Tool

Well, minor surgery needed to crenellate the top of your face before use, but after that - smooth sailing!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

In case it's not obvious, the name of the color pallet is "celibacy".

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I love the eyeshadow names, too. Apathy, pukey, clinic, creep, halftrut, all right I'm sold

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
halftrut?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Woden posted:

3D V Face Slimming Mask Massage Relaxtion Facial Slim Up Belt Lifting Chin Thin Cheek Sauna Bandage Beauty Health Care Tool

They have the best beauty products. Like this thing that electrocutes the moles out of your skin without medical supervision.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Por...2817990255.html

Nothing can go wrong.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Pick posted:

halftrut?
yes, if you zoom in it's the tan shimmer

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Still 90% sure that's some sort of plasma unit.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm tempted to buy one and dismantle it.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

I love the eyeshadow names, too. Apathy, pukey, clinic, creep, halftrut, all right I'm sold

Morphine and MIA, as well. I see the halftrut.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

goatface posted:

I'm tempted to buy one and dismantle it.

Bigclive did something like that once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPqHs6TpNug

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cauterizing certain moles and warts does work but i wouldnt trust aliexpress

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I, for one, completely trust aliexpress to help me treat my most troublesome and persistent affliction: Strawberry Nose.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2825524926.html

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, it's a basic RF cautery/ablation tool. That makes sense. Plasma would be overly complex.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I, for one, completely trust aliexpress to help me treat my most troublesome and persistent affliction: Strawberry Nose.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2825524926.html

I think they sell cream for that :rimshot:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Can not deliver to the United States? That is some bullshit. :mad:

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Has anyone compiled a list of alternate brand names to search for to evade the IP filter? Just in case this is too :filez:, I am looking for an accessory that works with a brand name product.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

yippee cahier posted:

Has anyone compiled a list of alternate brand names to search for to evade the IP filter? Just in case this is too :filez:, I am looking for an accessory that works with a brand name product.

This sounds like some super spy poo poo. I have no clue what you are requesting.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I think they just want an iPhone charger or something. Anyway if it plugs in don't buy it from aliexpress

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yippee cahier posted:

Dennis is dainese, thats all i know

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i.e. instead of gucci, look up 'guucc' to get the knockoffs

(i just made that up but thats the idea they're going for i think)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

heeheex2 posted:

i.e. instead of gucci, look up 'guucc' to get the knockoffs

(i just made that up but thats the idea they're going for i think)

the preferred nomenclature is asian american

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Former DILF posted:

:cawg:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

yippee cahier posted:

Just say what you want.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Floshlight.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Former DILF posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Former DILF posted:

welp

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

I was looking for a spiralizer that would plug into a kitchenaid mixer's power hub, but I remember people talking about looking for knock off lego under another name. Just wondering if someone had compiled a big list somewhere of these codewords.

Here are some cool small scissors to put in a drawer or to chop up weed with:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pc...2893953551.html

Gonna pop a couple of these into USB ports I see laying around:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Portable-Mini-Cute-USB-2-0-Funny-Humping-Spot-Dog-Rascal-Dog-Toy-Relieve-Pressure-for/32834814906.html

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

yippee cahier posted:

I was looking for a spiralizer

Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

They really take the pressure off of office workers.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

They really take the pressure off of office workers.

by installing backdoors and stealing everything of value. no job no pressure

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Rele Dolz

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Speaking of scissors, I paid a stupid amount of money for these on Amazon and I'm pretty sure these are identical ones

5-blade herb scissors

They are just ridiculously convenient if you're making scallion pancakes or chives for baked potatoes or whatever. This specific model comes with a guard that also has grooves for poking the herbs out from between the blades. Don't buy a model without a poker-outer.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

yippee cahier posted:

Here are some cool small scissors to put in a drawer or to chop up weed with:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pc...2893953551.html
My mom had a pair of these in silver when I was little (probably still does). :3: She used them to snip floss when she cross-stitched; they worked great.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

yippee cahier posted:

DHGate is probably better for that stuff, it's a knockoff of Aliexpress and is kind of like what Aliexpress used to be like, with less concern for things like copyright or quality control.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I had to message one of the sellers when they missed a lego figure. Said, next tiem you order ill put that one in. I let it go as i was going to order something from them and they pulled through.

Fast forward a few months and now they keep messaging me about their new lego figures ><

Dear friend they call me, and wish me a good time.

The vincent william van gogh looks more like bob ross though.

and the gremlins look sweet >< time to cave in i guess

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr....54fc7727VGlPHP

omg the hillary clinton

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr....30b040f2IbbMKy

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Hoplosternum posted:

I tried to order 3 of this listing and the seller messaged, saying they were out of stock and to cancel the order using 'other reason'. The listing is still available. What manner of scamminess are they up to?

Oof, sorry about that. That sucks. I think they’re either lazy, or clueless about how to mark something as unavailable.

RichardA posted:

Same. denied my attempt to cancel when I set the reason to that it was out of stock. Given that it is in stock from the same seller for a higher price I guess that it is an attempt to avoid penalties for not fulfilling the order by having the customers cancel. Personally I'm going to leave it as if it is not shipped within a few more days it will automatically cancel. I'm interested to see if it is shipped or not.

Or probably this. You should report them with an image of the message they sent you.

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 13, 2018

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

yippee cahier posted:

There are several sites that index the "code words"; here is one. Typically in my experience you will find at least one listing that simply doesn't care that will also have code words in the description, i.e. "Supreme 2018 Men's Hoody suprem, supre, supereme" to use for further searching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Want to carry around a Chinese made lighter filled with dubious electronics strapped directly to your skin?

What could go wrong?