Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MilesK posted:

If I buy enough of the land beacons with the larger acreage, can I use the procgen city tools to play SimCity on the moon? Or will I have to wait for private servers and the modding tools to be released?

Maybe

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Hav posted:

Every sperm is sacred.

The escapist on the subject: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/op-ed/847-Jumpgate-EVE-s-Devs-and-the-Friends-They-Keep

I know Kugutsumen, and he was treated like every drat whistleblower on the planet and unfairly blamed for outing the truth. That writeup basically underscores the sheer shittiness of CCP when faced with something entirely unfair and closing ranks.

Besmirching was had. Attempts to move this under the rug happened. Drama was wholesale.

Edit: I had to go back and check; T20 wasn't fired; https://www.eveonline.com/article/on-recent-allegations/

He basically mea-culpa'd, killed the characters and gave back the BPOs, but as I recall at the time he wasn't the only one, just the one caught in the most egregious acts of assisting Band of Devs. The CSM was essentially a way to claim that they were doing something.

I loved Kugutsumen's website, was the one place to get real info while still messing with the spergs of EVE that would parade through.

Was sad when he shut down the site :(

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm still not 100% sure any of them have caught on the management change yet.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Quavers posted:

Hot leak action :siren:

Dat texture fidelity and FPS tho :eyepop:

Daggerfall mod looking good

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quavers posted:

Hot leak action :siren:

Dat texture fidelity and FPS tho :eyepop:

I used to build this kind of doomed craptopolis in Sim City 2000.

That cryengine logo is quite nice tho.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 13, 2018

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
is that really 7 million polys

lol

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I'm getting conflicting answers. Can somebody ask the chairman for me?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

is that really 7 million polys

lol

7031,153 to be exacte

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

poo poo man, I don't recognize you from the pictures but I may know of you from your handle. One of my good friends and his brother went to the Necrowombicons, which is where he got into The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets and other metal-type music. I probably missed you by a couple years but my involvement with the enforcers people means I've ended up at several parties with PRD/Kristen as I live quite close to her (she is head of the enforcers for a while now). One of my other friends has run the Omegathon for a while and generally dogsits for Kristen when needed.
You may be happy to know that the Enforcers have been paid for a couple years in actual cash and also hotel rooms. It's a 'secret' because many of their 'volunteers' are from Canada and the border doesn't look too kindly on Canadians stealing these jobs.
I was in the PAX IRC channel for years with all these people, including the main guy at ReedPop (the company that runs PAX) who would give us heads up on when the tickets were going up for sale.
Good times but I haven't been to PAX for a couple years now because I'm too old for that poo poo to be fun anymore.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
15 FPS and it's jut a small chunk of whatever garbage they are building.
This thing is going to be a slideshow forever.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

7031,153 to be exacte
just need to add in some five or six million poly ships with fog and weather effects and it'll run at 60fps sometime in the 2030s

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
but prob only at 1080p

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MilesK posted:

I'm getting conflicting answers. Can somebody ask the chairman for me?

Hi, yes, that's *waves hands* me.

The answer is Yes.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

just need to add in some five or six million poly ships with fog and weather effects and it'll run at 60fps sometime in the 2030s

Also NPCs, and their procedurally generated pet, food, clothing, and misc. items.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also NPCs, and their procedurally generated pet, food, clothing, and misc. items.

Birds, cocktails, breakfast

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Birds, cocktails, breakfast

And haircuts! Don't forget the haircuts!

Especially the toupees for balding has-beens with poor management and social skills.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Shadowlyger posted:

Hey so this was a couple pages back but I feel it's worth remembering that no one person makes all of the calls on Blizzard's games, and Jay Wilson is not personally responsible for literally every decision that went into Diablo 3. There was a lot of stuff the team was really hype about that he personally disagreed with, but went with it anyway because that's what the team wanted.

Also worth noting that the "gently caress that loser" thing wasn't just him; several members of the Diablo 3 dev team basically responded "yeah gently caress that guy" because the loser in question had just thrown them all under a bus.

Except like I went way out of my way to explain, he didn't actually throw them under the bus at all. That's bullshit. A website asked him for his take and he gave it, and he was very reasonable and balanced in his reply. He was in no way insulting towards the staff and didn't even mention Wilson by name.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, from time to time I like to grab a brand new computer to do this search:

It has never failed to be funny.

The pay to win one is new. Good job CIG!

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Fidelitious posted:

poo poo man, I don't recognize you from the pictures but I may know of you from your handle. One of my good friends and his brother went to the Necrowombicons, which is where he got into The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets and other metal-type music. I probably missed you by a couple years but my involvement with the enforcers people means I've ended up at several parties with PRD/Kristen as I live quite close to her (she is head of the enforcers for a while now). One of my other friends has run the Omegathon for a while and generally dogsits for Kristen when needed.
You may be happy to know that the Enforcers have been paid for a couple years in actual cash and also hotel rooms. It's a 'secret' because many of their 'volunteers' are from Canada and the border doesn't look too kindly on Canadians stealing these jobs.
I was in the PAX IRC channel for years with all these people, including the main guy at ReedPop (the company that runs PAX) who would give us heads up on when the tickets were going up for sale.
Good times but I haven't been to PAX for a couple years now because I'm too old for that poo poo to be fun anymore.

Ya I havn't talked to that group in years either. After the PAX thing blew up we kind of drifted away with real life commitments. Glad to hear the enforcers are getting paid though, that's nice to hear.

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets was the second year, they played like in a parking lot of some arcade near the hotel we were all staying at. It was pretty fun. If you run into Kristen tell her Morph says hi and I wish her well. We're facebook friends I think but you know, been years, and honestly I acted like a brat about something PAX related to her waaay back when, I can't remember the details but I know i acted like a shithead.

And I hear ya on the being too old for it all, I'm glad the spirit of community is still alive and people are making friends and having fun though.

Colostomy Bag posted:

And what good that would have done?

Honestly I'm a firm believer in mentorships and other type programs. I wish I had someone who would have filled my head with some knawwwledge so I wouldn't have had to bumble my way into it. Or at least helped guide me a bit. Instead what I got was the same people reinforcing the same poo poo behaviors. Nerds who barely gently caress aren't going to help a nerd with feeling of loneliness and adequately explain why they aren't loving. You need someone aspirational (someone who fucks) calmly explain to them why their entitlement isn't sexy and nobody is entitled to gently caress you.

I mean that culture has kind of passed and nice guy thing is thoroughly in the culture now. But back than I was pretty pretty lost and the advice my friends offered me 'be yourself and someone will find you' wasn't exactly helping my loneliness.

Morphix fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 13, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pixelate posted:

Translation: He's is off piste and covered in powder...

Trying so so so so hard to bend over backwards to avoid admitting that "Yeah, Chris doesn't ever look at the code. He can't actually even program."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

tooterfish posted:

There's footage of Chris Roberts sitting in front of an open IDE, drooling (figuratively) onto the keyboard with clearly no clue what the gently caress he's doing.

At least Braben has the good grace to say "no, I'd just get in the way" when asked if he's coding at Frontier now. Chris is such a loving narcissist he has to pretend he's up all night personally optimising CryEngine or some poo poo.

^ This x1000

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

Trying so so so so hard to bend over backwards to avoid admitting that "Yeah, Chris doesn't ever look at the code. He can't actually even program."

https://i.imgur.com/AxyMtz5.mp4

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

daaaaaaaaaamn

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nebakenezzer posted:

And in some services, ceremonial swords!

lol, did not know that. Canadians are not good with super-important official documents

Morphix posted:

im gonna slay some dragons with my sword and become the coolest operator in town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pir1Hug-CEc

Y'all remember these ads?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I like to think the actual dev working here stepped out for a piss or a smoke, and Chris just jumped into his seat and started randomly deleting poo poo.

"I'm helping!"

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

I was actually thinking of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ73FEXSQRQ

but the quality makes it looks like some balrog and less dragon, so maybe I'm thinking of another one. But I swear there is like a dragon slaying marine in one of these.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:stonklol::stonklol::stonklol:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

trucutru posted:

I’m eager to see “Pay to Win” climb the ranks!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Morphix posted:

I was actually thinking of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ73FEXSQRQ

but the quality makes it looks like some balrog and less dragon, so maybe I'm thinking of another one. But I swear there is like a dragon slaying marine in one of these.

There is.

It all comes back to why would a space faring civilization use stone knives as ceremonial? Because? gently caress you that's why.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

trucutru posted:

:lol::lol:

:shrug:

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
Yahoo with the deep cuts.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I think your Yahoo is sick or something, mine is is very concise.

R.I.P. Anvil dude.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Morphix posted:

daaaaaaaaaamn

Lets hope it wasn't aircrew in Seattle.

Too soon?

Lladre posted:

There is.

It all comes back to why would a space faring civilization use stone knives as ceremonial? Because? gently caress you that's why.

Even better, we already have a rich tradition of warrior cultures that preserve their heritage and aren't immense shitlords about it.

Of course, Sikhs aren't nearly as Japanese as Samurai, but they still exist.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

It's definitely not 'it', as I used to have 'it', but 'it' went away and now everything is loud and weird and young.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Don't do this. Digging through vast piles of internet garbage to find funny things stupid people have said is cool, dragging someone because they're suffering from depression and also happen to be a Star Citizen dickhead is not.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You can bet your rear end that Star Citizen will be one of the most popular titles in Yahoo! Games.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lladre posted:

There is.

The Kilrathi have always been a furry knockoff of Klingons, because Chris can't do anything original.

And yeah, the whole "noble savages who have worked out interstellar FTL travel" thing is a bit far fetched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

“Derek Smart is correct” — /u/TheGremlich