Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

chemtrail huffer posted:

I[35F]suspect that my husband[34M] is actively trying to trigger my migraine

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Congratulations on our new reigning champion for “weirdest fetish”

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

ravenkult posted:

who the gently caress believes the therapist story and why

I believe everything i read in this thread because the alternative is boring and stupid

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Meme Emulator posted:

I believe everything i read in this thread because the alternative is boring and stupid

Yeah, other than ones that are blatantly made up, there's no real point to this thread if we don't treat them as real.

Super sad I missed the poly-artist that escaped reddit to try and tell us all how dumb we were for 4 posts before they turned back into a pumpkin.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

chemtrail huffer posted:

:wtc:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

chemtrail huffer posted:

She should try CBT.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I am glad that being poly is a thing people are open and proud about, because it makes it really easy for me to filter shallow self-absorbed people out of my dating pool. You used to have to wait until after they'd already cheated before getting the "baby I just have too much love for one person" speech, but now it's all front-loaded.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Barudak posted:

Congratulations on our new reigning champion for “weirdest fetish”

I pray they remain undefeated for a long time.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I believe pretty much everything posted, because either most of y'all are the squarest, most boring fuckers imaginable, or my life has been an insane hellscape, because a good portion of the posted stories have analogues in my life or things of similar weirdness.

It could easily be the latter, I live in Florida

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

chemtrail huffer posted:

"I enjoy triggering your intense and extremely painful headaches because you look hot in that much pain."

Try stabbing your husband as he seems to be a monster.

Admiral Ray fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 13, 2018

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

John Lee posted:

I believe pretty much everything posted, because either most of y'all are the squarest, most boring fuckers imaginable, or my life has been an insane hellscape, because a good portion of the posted stories have analogues in my life or things of similar weirdness.

My gf follows me around the house with a pair of cymbals trying to trigger my cluster headaches because it gets her off :colbert:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

She [21f] and I [20f] were on a date and were threatened by a stranger. She ran, and I fought. My friends [21m, 22m] don't think i should see her again because of it.

This is why you only date Kung Fu chicks, if you don't roundhouse that guy together in unison you know there's no chemistry there

John Lee posted:

Once the target audience for "and everyone on the bus stood up and clapped" stories gets burned one too many times they decide the way to look like a smart guy who ain't nobody's fool is to burst in panting and yelling FAKE :smug: every time someone says it rained at their place yesterday. Nobody will ever see through this ingenious disguise

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

John Lee posted:

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. Like, I've seen so much crazy human behavior in my life that very little of what's posted in this thread seems completely ridiculous. Hell, people would probably call fake on some of my own very real experiences if I posted them.

And even if a specific post in question is fake, something very similar has almost certainly happened to someone, somewhere in the world. So who cares?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm definitely broken on some level because my reaction to reading the therapist-enabled-open-relationship derail was "this poo poo is loving insane and I'm really sad I missed it"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

quote:

My (22/F) boyfriend (26/M) broke up with me because I wanted to wear a thong to the beach.Breakups
Hey reddit,

So my boyfriend (26/M) and I (22/F) planned a trip to the beach with a bunch of mutual friends. Now I bought a thong bikini and my boyfriend didn't like it. I asked him why and he said that he doesn't want me to wear thongs in public view. He doesn't care if I wear thongs with yoga pants or jeans. I told him I can wear whatever I want and he can't do anything about it. I expected a reaction out of him but he simply said that I was right and I could wear whatever I want. I thought that was the end of it.

The next day, I call up my boyfriend to say that I am ready to go and that I can pick him up if he wants me to drive. He said that he couldn't go anymore cause he had a lot of work to do. I felt it was kind of odd but I understood (he's a med student). I tell him that I can stay with him if he wants and he adamantly said no and said "go enjoy yourself at the beach with your thong bikini". I felt that was kinda weird but I decided that it was nothing and he finally came around to the idea of me wearing a thong at the beach.

I had a blast at the beach and I felt so sexy with my thong bikini. I kept updates with my boyfriend, even sending him some sexy photos. He didn't respond to any one of them but I brushed it off as I felt like he's just busy.

So this is where it went wrong. My boyfriend didn't respond to any of my calls or texts for 3 days. I even drove to his apartment on the 2nd day and saw his car in his parking spot. But he wouldn't open the door. I knew he was home because I heard the noise from the television before I rang the doorbell and that noise disappeared after the doorbell noise. So on the 4th day, he sends me this long text message about breaking up. He was very respectful in it and said that we had different values and wished me the best of luck.

I don't know how to feel about this. Am I in the wrong? Or is he just being a controlling rear end in a top hat.

Help me understand this reddit.

Tl;dr: As the title says, my boyfriend broke up with me because I wanted to wear a thong to the beach

Lol, this woman took pics of the thong and sent them to him even though she knew he was mad about it. Good job blowing up your 2.5 year relationship!

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 13, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Leon Einstein posted:

Help me understand this reddit.

Your bf didn't want to date Thong At The Beach girl, so he broke up with you.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dude is a complete weenie for how he handled the breakup. He probably could have kept her if he bought her a catholic dress.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

Lol, this woman took pics of the thong and sent them to him even though she knew he was mad about it. Good job blowing up your 2.5 year relationship!

This girl's boyfriend is the wettest blanket on Earth, and it's true that the kind of girl who wears a thong bikini in public probably shouldn't be dating that wet of a blanket

He's right that their values don't match up, even if I judge him for his

e: Sending him pix was maybe a bad idea and definitely came off as mocking but it's pretty much incidental to the actual problem

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

I told him I can wear whatever I want and he can't do anything about it. I expected a reaction out of him but he simply said that I was right and I could wear whatever I want.

quote:

So on the 4th day, he sends me this long text message about breaking up. He was very respectful in it and said that we had different values and wished me the best of luck.

quote:

is he just being a controlling rear end in a top hat.

lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ex-boyfriend directly confirmed that I can do whatever I want and then broke up with me in a way that I self-describe as very respectful.

Is he a controlling rear end in a top hat???

:thunk:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

You can do whatever you want but also someone can break up with you over it, it's not exactly hard

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The thread is great because someone named LoveMeTenderloin is going all-in on calling everyone who isn't 100% "everyone wear thongs all the time even kids" a slutshamer.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Blade Runner posted:

You can do whatever you want but also someone can break up with you over it, it's not exactly hard

Actions.....have consequences??????

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

This girl's boyfriend is the wettest blanket on Earth, and it's true that the kind of girl who wears a thong bikini in public probably shouldn't be dating that wet of a blanket

the thong bikini is just a convenient excuse, the real reason he didn't want to go to the beach is that he's tired of those bullies always kicking sand in his face

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

TheScott2K posted:

The thread is great because someone named LoveMeTenderloin is going all-in on calling everyone who isn't 100% "everyone wear thongs all the time even kids" a slutshamer.
IS THIS SAUDI ARABIA?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

Personally I am solidly pro-thong, moderately pro-thong-bikini, and completely pro-these-people-breaking-up-over-this-incident-for-the-exact-reasons-wet-blanket-boyfriend described

LoveMeTenderloin needs to do some soul-searching to realize that these positions are not contradictory

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I mean, trying to dictate what your SO can wear is controlling behavior, but he didn't do that, he voiced he didn't like it then broke up with he because she did it anyways. He's kind of a baby for breaking up with someone over a thong bikini of all things, but it seems like he wasn't a supreme dick about it so now 2 people that probably shouldn't be together, aren't. No harm done.

I kinda wonder how they made it 2.5 years in before something like this came up though. I would think the kind of person to wear a thong bikini would exhibit other behaviors that this guy wouldn't like.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Ouhei posted:

I mean, trying to dictate what your SO can wear is controlling behavior, but he didn't do that, he voiced he didn't like it then broke up with he because she did it anyways. He's kind of a baby for breaking up with someone over a thong bikini of all things, but it seems like he wasn't a supreme dick about it so now 2 people that probably shouldn't be together, aren't. No harm done.

I kinda wonder how they made it 2.5 years in before something like this came up though. I would think the kind of person to wear a thong bikini would exhibit other behaviors that this guy wouldn't like.

I bet this is like the tenth time something like this has happened.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I mean, it's not a hill worth dying on, but I don't really blame the guy. Her reaction to him saying he didn't like it made it obvious that showing her rear end off in public is really important to her.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ouhei posted:

I know we need to toot the UNRELIABLE NARRATOR horn as sparingly as possible but it's quite possible that things like this have come up in the past and he just didn't break up with her over it before, and she didn't mention those incidents because she didn't see them as relevant to the breakup

At any rate I hope she finds someone more fun to hang out with and I hope he finds a good conservative religious girl to accept his gifts of normcore Seinfeld dresses

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

LMAO

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Ouhei posted:

I'm going to do the whole make complete guesses about the people in the post thing:

Guessing this chick was slightly "Wilder" than him and it was exciting for a bit, but then he realized he was more a trivial pursuit and cheese plate guy and she was...a thing on the beach person.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
For the record, even the OP is calling out that person.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hey as long as one of us is touching the poop, pass along my pro-thong pro-breakup testimonial, maybe that'll help

Tell him I'm your coworker who saw the conversation on your screen or something

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lovemetenderloin appears to be the physical manifestation of the thong industry.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Big Thong getting out there on social media

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You could say this thong is the thing that finally split the crack in their relationship.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Much like it did with your buttocks I'm afraid this thong has wedged itself between us. Goodbye.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Big Thong getting out there on social media

Somewhere, Sir Mix a Lot perks up his ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Well we found Sisqo's Reddit account at least