Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

was curious what bernies initials would be and apparently he doesnt have a middle name?

so his initials are BS

middle name is "loving"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

ok I know correcting grammar is elitist and bad

but why this apostrophe

whyyyyyyyyyyy

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/jgray78/status/1029161590938120192?s=19
succ’s in the article

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Rastor posted:

but why this apostrophe

whyyyyyyyyyyy

it's a contraction of "stay is"

like he received a stay in the past for some horrible crime and hopes nobody finds out

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
my name is doug jones and i ran a campaign targeting people who’d vote for me so i could get to pretend to care about the people who never will

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Grondoth posted:

The electoral college is just something that like... I've come to understand exists, but realizing that people can become elected president but have millions fewer votes than the loser is just loving crazy the more I think about it.
that's true, but hillary would probably still have lost a popular vote election against trump b/c she's that bad of a politician

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

loquacius posted:

Takes some gigantic balls to refer to rejecting the left and chasing Panera Republicans as "choosing victory" in August 2018, 2 years into the Trump era

How do these people manage to get paid for this
literally controlled opposition

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rastor posted:

but why this apostrophe

whyyyyyyyyyyy

people without a coherent model of what an apostrophe is actually for are prone to put it in any plural at all for reasons that make no sense to anyone but themselves

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Ba'rac'k Ob'ama, House of Alinsky

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Jazerus posted:

people without a coherent model of what an apostrophe is actually for are prone to put it in any plural at all for reasons that make no sense to anyone but themselves

That's the greengrocer's apostrophe. But this isn't even that.

This is like shove's extra apostrophe for no reason why not lot's of them work's for me

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yinlock posted:

a lot are under the stupid impression that chuds consider them white

Honestly even most chuds would consider a Latino family that moved in next door to be white if they spoke English without an accent.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

TrilliontonNixon posted:

For me it's Alt-Left. Shitlibs everywhere we're gearing up to make that a thing and then right after that post Cville press conference it just disappeared off the face of the Earth.

the alt-left is real, and it's getfiscal

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Rastor posted:

That's the greengrocer's apostrophe. But this isn't even that.

This is like shove's extra apostrophe for no reason why not lot's of them work's for me

The next level beyond people who use the greengrocer's apostrophe is people who think an apostrophe means "look out, here comes an s!"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

TrilliontonNixon posted:

For me it's Alt-Left. Shitlibs everywhere we're gearing up to make that a thing and then right after that post Cville press conference it just disappeared off the face of the Earth.

The actual best part of that dumb saga is the idiots like Marcus Johnson who had been using the term trying to make it a thing promptly reversing course after Trump used it, claiming they were the alt-left, and that the people they had been calling alt-left up until that point were actually centrists (because horseshoe theory :downs:)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hell yes lmao

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/14/dnc-super-delegates-cedric-richmond-776345

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

lol the dems already trying to ratfuck Bernie

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

democrats retire bitch

let bernie go hogwild up all in this party

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

why won't you let us just coronate Mother :qq:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

lol the dems already trying to ratfuck Bernie

imo i don't know who it would do the most harm toward at this point. probably an east-coaster, yeah

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Hope Keith doesn't lose today because of what sure appears to be somebody signal boosting a crazy ex which is literally the right wing boogeyman argument about sexual assault accusations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Hope Keith doesn't lose today because of what sure appears to be somebody signal boosting a crazy ex which is literally the right wing boogeyman argument about sexual assault accusations.

honestly this seems to have only really spread online. If keef loses it'll be because he had a bad campaign

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

I still want to place a bet he votes for K.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1029358341917687808

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Agean90 posted:

honestly this seems to have only really spread online. If keef loses it'll be because he had a bad campaign

It's hit CNN, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, at least one local TV affiliate, and Minnesota Public Radio.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1029357768577298432

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I will be phonebanking minnesotans all day to tell them about keith ellson sexfiend. Plz join me

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
go Randy go!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Noted criminal randy bryce (dui, debt delinquency), suspected criminal keith ellison (sexfiend)

Vote your conscience!!

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

how do I become a Resistance Twitter Star?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

NNick posted:

how do I become a Resistance Twitter Star?

Reply "sir," to all of Donald Trump's tweets until you get a blue checkmark

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

wait this is still a proposal which means it could still get theoretically unimplemented? lol

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

that's true, but hillary would probably still have lost a popular vote election against trump b/c she's that bad of a politician

I will never disagree with this and it's why it's not something that I've given lots of thought to, but it's absolutely fuckin' crazy when you just let it dwell in your mind for a while that no only is it possible that the loser can have millions more votes, but that it's happened twice in the past few elections. It's mostly gerrymandering, districts are supposed to be representative and they've been meticulously crafted to give the republicans an advantage. But it's WILD that the loser not only can, but has, gotten not only just more votes, but millions more and isn't elected.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

uh just always keep in mind that people change their voting strategy (which includes just not voting) when they know they're not in a battleground state

you can't really say someone lost or won a popular vote when there was no popular vote to begin with and when campaigns would change their strategy in reaction to it

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

succ!

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1029336896172949505?s=21

neera PLEASE advise the tories like jim messina and help them lose

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Comrade Glenn!

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Wow! Comrade Glenn!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

:lol::lol:

quote:

to add insult to injury, it appears that this is a solution in search of a problem. Unelected delegates have never gone against the will of primary voters in picking Democratic presidential nominees

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37639370

quote:

While serving as DNC vice-chair in January 2016, Ms Brazile forwarded to Clinton's staff an email revealing the Sanders camp's plan to court African-American voters.

"FYI," Ms Brazile wrote to campaign spokesperson Adrienne Elrod, who responded: "Thank you for the heads up on this Donna."

Yeah, they never actually elected the person who was selected by the voters but...JFC

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Crowsbeak posted:

I think it also shows how these people entirely treat politics as a parlor game for the "right people". While there is an element of race involved here, more then anything politics is suppose to be about a style of acting, and because Cortez doesn't act correct, not to mention she talks about issues that no "self respecting" politician does she is therefore bad.

the west wing broke so many brains

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

succ!

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1029336896172949505?s=21

neera PLEASE advise the tories like jim messina and help them lose

most recent polls have labour 2 points ahead lol

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1029294901350023168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I just voted for Bernard Sanders in the Democratic Primary even though HE'S NOT ACTUALLY A DEMOCRAT!