Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
I'd be fine with having it as side-content for FFXI people, but it's a shame that the relic weapons are locked behind it. I have multiple ARR and HW relics, and expect to end with zero SB relics.

Unless SE gives the people what they really want and moves the relic weapons over to the Hildibrand quest chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I knocked out all of the Eureka challenge log entries over the weekend, and ended up around 20% of the way into 22. That's including all the EXP earned from actual kills. Many of those were same-level mobs, so that's around 1k per kill before chain bonus. Mobs 1 level lower gave around 770 exp. It's doable solo but it takes a while. Even if you had just one other person with you, it would go a lot faster and be much safer.

I would prioritize the ashkin and sprite logs. They'll also give you progress towards the three paired element logs.

Also, keep an eye out for Pagos Elemental reports. The buff helps quite a bit.

The Grimace posted:

I resumed doing my challenge log EXP right after servers went up again, and to my surprise it feels like the log gives less EXP at 23 than it did as a fresh 20. That's likely because I was soloing enemies lower level than me that didn't have chains, but man, it's just one thing after another with this content.

I'll probably start working on this week's logs tonight. I'll check the rewards and see how they stack up compared to before.

Eltoasto posted:

Is there some best in slot gear that Pagos gives or something? Why do you all do this thing that you hate so much?

Because it's there. :colbert:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

AngusPodgorny posted:

I'd be fine with having it as side-content for FFXI people, but it's a shame that the relic weapons are locked behind it. I have multiple ARR and HW relics, and expect to end with zero SB relics.

Unless SE gives the people what they really want and moves the relic weapons over to the Hildibrand quest chain.

I was all prepared to keep up with a relic grind in SB and then they put it in Eureka. I'd rather work on another anima.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Finding a group to learn Savage is probably less of a time sink than doing Eureka bs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

When people say Machinist has RNG on its main rotation there should be a big ol' asterisk on that. MCH is weird.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Eltoasto posted:

Is there some best in slot gear that Pagos gives or something? Why do you all do this thing that you hate so much?
You need to do Eureka for the relic weapon quest line, which in past expansions gave you a new weapon each patch or so, which was roughly on par with the best raid weapon and had unique models or glowed or both. It was always grindy, involving doing things like lots of FATEs or old dungeons.

Now Eureka keeps getting delayed so much that the weapon is outdated by the time you get it, and it's become so grindy that even people that did previous grindy things can't stand it.

Personally I'm not doing it, and it's not going to really affect my life because by the time I could get the relic weapon 4.4 will be out and I'll probably be able to craft something better anyway. But it's the hot topic to complain about because it's the most recent content they gave us.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Also since each area of Eureka is basically gated by the previous it has the amazing double-whammy of loving over people in the newest incarnation because a dwindling number of people will ever be able to get there, while also loving over people who want to start now because l-o-loving-l no one's gonna want to go back to the old zones.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Looks like that place went from "maybe I'll try it at some point, the whole experience seems bad and absolute backwards though" to "I'm never going to do that horrible garbage". They should probably fire the person who designed it or put them on the FFXI team so they can continue to make horrible, ill-conceived grinds for the MMO genre from 18 years ago.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
senior developers do not simply.... get fired.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah I'll be getting my first 70 in the next couple of days and I'm not sure I will even bother with it beyond getting the weapon, if I even get to that before 4.4 details come out. I do want the T-rex, but that can be a long term goal with just short stints in it here and there.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like my DRK is going to be level 65+ by the time I finish Heavensward and all the 3.X content. I'm not even done with the 3.0 MSQ and I'm already 61.

Should I save my Centurio seals for anything? I have almost 500 of them now, and I imagine I'll reach the cap at some point. I think I can get some gear with them, but from what I understand there's better gear you can get with poetics tomestones. Should I save them for Stormblood content?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I think you can use Centurio seals for HW faster travel.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

There's nothing essential to save centurio seals for, so you can go ahead and spend them on mounts, minions, music, appearance gear, or whatever you want. The mount speed upgrades are kind of pointless though because it's only ground speed, not flying. SB adds more random stuff to buy, so if none of the HW stuff seems like something you need right now, might as well wait until you have a bigger selection to choose from.

With enough centurio seals, you can upgrade current tomestone gear (currently the i360 armor to i370), but it takes a total of 3000 seals per piece for armor, so you'd have to do a lot of hunting to make doing that worthwhile.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I mostly use Centurio seals as an additional materia stream. Just remember that in addition to being used themselves you can trade them in for various logs, so take a look at those exchanges and see if there's something cool there you want.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

You're level 61? Do your job quest to get gear (i200). When you get to a certain town, you can use Poetics to get better Lv. 60 gear (i260-270). Don't use seals for Lv. 60 gear.

You can save up your seals for some decent beginner Lv. 70 gear (i310) when the time comes, it's helpful, but you won't need a ton of it (500 seals should be more than enough). There's no Lv. 70 gear for Poetics.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Saint Freak posted:

Also since each area of Eureka is basically gated by the previous it has the amazing double-whammy of loving over people in the newest incarnation because a dwindling number of people will ever be able to get there, while also loving over people who want to start now because l-o-loving-l no one's gonna want to go back to the old zones.

I dunno, I'm pretty likely to go straight to Anemos and use the level sync to farm sprites at least. It's a lot easier than Pagos. It is super easy to die in a hosed part of the map there.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Are we expecting poetics to go away with 4.4? If I am about to turn 70, should I just bank them and wait for that? Since questing/dungeons has given me 279/283 stuff.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Eltoasto posted:

Are we expecting poetics to go away with 4.4? If I am about to turn 70, should I just bank them and wait for that? Since questing/dungeons has given me 279/283 stuff.

Poetics will stick around, but creation will probably go away, mendacity will get uncapped, and a new one will be introduced.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
To follow up on that, Poetics were the final currency of 2.0. If the pattern keeps up poetics will survive all other tomestones currently in play.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Yeah, I think Poetics are likely permanent at this point, they're not going to go back and change all of the 50/60 stuff. Considering how closely they're following the HW pattern right now with SB, I wouldn't be surprised to see Poetics also become the currency for 70 gear once 5.0 is released with new tomestones for 80 gear. It looks like they've found a pattern and are sticking with it.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like my DRK is going to be level 65+ by the time I finish Heavensward and all the 3.X content. I'm not even done with the 3.0 MSQ and I'm already 61.

Should I save my Centurio seals for anything? I have almost 500 of them now, and I imagine I'll reach the cap at some point. I think I can get some gear with them, but from what I understand there's better gear you can get with poetics tomestones. Should I save them for Stormblood content?

You only want to spend centurio seals on emotes, mounts and music (do note that, emotes and mounts are not available directly at a centurio seals vendor, instead they sell a 500seal item which you need a couple off to then trade in at idyllshire/rhalgars etc for the actual item you wish to purchase).

Every thing else that you could buy with centurio seals can be obtained by other(often simpler) means, and like above poster mentioned the HW mount speed upgrades are pointless since they don't affect flying speed.

One exception is when right as you hit level 70 and possibly want to boost ur ilvl quicker, by buying the ilvl310 gear for centurio seals which will you let you run more 70 content sooner rather then having to repeat the 2-3 entry endgame dungeons over and over for farming tome gear(this does require you to have completed SB 4.0 msq for the vendor to sell equipment to you). But if you got spare gil/crafter friends you could just skip that by getting crafted ilvl gear instead.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Poetics are the only tomestones that contain dubbed allagan anime and rowena is a direhard fan

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I cleared Rathalos EX yesterday with some mates and it was super fun.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

oh no blimp issue posted:

I cleared Rathalos EX yesterday with some mates and it was super fun.

Rath EX is good and fun, tho my healer buddy dislikes it due to being a cleanse bot with lovely dps in phase 2.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Choyi posted:

You only want to spend centurio seals on emotes, mounts and music (do note that, emotes and mounts are not available directly at a centurio seals vendor, instead they sell a 500seal item which you need a couple off to then trade in at idyllshire/rhalgars etc for the actual item you wish to purchase).

Every thing else that you could buy with centurio seals can be obtained by other(often simpler) means, and like above poster mentioned the HW mount speed upgrades are pointless since they don't affect flying speed.

One exception is when right as you hit level 70 and possibly want to boost ur ilvl quicker, by buying the ilvl310 gear for centurio seals which will you let you run more 70 content sooner rather then having to repeat the 2-3 entry endgame dungeons over and over for farming tome gear(this does require you to have completed SB 4.0 msq for the vendor to sell equipment to you). But if you got spare gil/crafter friends you could just skip that by getting crafted ilvl gear instead.

Yeah, it kinda comes down to what you value and what you plan to do when you hit 70. For me, the i310 stuff was a great bridge for me to start running Deltascape and other early 70 content for Poetics. But if you have a ton of gil or plan to do Eureka (don't, it's terrible) then the i310 stuff is irrelevant. Also I'm the type of guy who Does Not Care about emotes/mounts/orchestrion whereas some people Care Very Much about this stuff, so that's also a factor. Also seals are really easy to get more of once you hit 70 if you join a hunt linkshell, so it's not something to stress over one way or another.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't want to do Pagos, but I decided to collect all of the Triple Triad cards and oh would you look what the new eureka area has :suicide:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I think the only changes I'd personally make with rath ex is just get rid of the burns all together and let the healer just be an extra dps player for that phase. The burn dot doesn't really add any interesting to the fight

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Okay so I think I’m going to resub but I have not touched Heaven on High, the MH Quests, or Eureka (I played probably ten minutes of the very first Eureka, saw a reimagining of the Normandy Beach landing but with a lot of giant crabs).

What has been the consensus on the new stuff and, uh... what kind of grind am I looking at if I didn’t even do the first Eureka grind

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I think the only changes I'd personally make with rath ex is just get rid of the burns all together and let the healer just be an extra dps player for that phase. The burn dot doesn't really add any interesting to the fight

But then all the 100% honest healers won't have anything to do and will take to the forums with their complaints!

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Choyi posted:

But then all the 100% honest healers won't have anything to do and will take to the forums with their complaints!

Let honest healers sub in for the corpse of the mammoth thing during the phase change and shield the rest of the party

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

MechaX posted:

Okay so I think I’m going to resub but I have not touched Heaven on High, the MH Quests, or Eureka (I played probably ten minutes of the very first Eureka, saw a reimagining of the Normandy Beach landing but with a lot of giant crabs).

What has been the consensus on the new stuff and, uh... what kind of grind am I looking at if I didn’t even do the first Eureka grind

Only IF you care about optional relic gear then I would go do Eureka, with the challenge logs etc should be about 12-14h total time spent to get a weapon + full set of armor. Pagos is currently real bad so I wouldn't rush Anemos just for the sake of getting there to what state it is in(hopefully patches will fix up Pagos in time).

MH quest is quick, nice and fun, Heaven on High is basically PotD 2.0 but with less grind(since there are less floors),personally I've had a lot of fun in HoH trying to get to floor 100 as a three man group.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Choyi posted:

Rath EX is good and fun, tho my healer buddy dislikes it due to being a cleanse bot with lovely dps in phase 2.

Don’t bother taking a healer, You don’t need one at all!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrLXhFdXX0Y

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I've seen a group of four dragoons turn Rathalos into chowder. Cleansing the burn dot allows for your players to get a bit more sloppy with their potion use, but it's totally not necessary.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Finding a group to learn Savage is probably less of a time sink than doing Eureka bs

Learning savage is also quite fun. :)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

You all knew this was coming.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

AIDS

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Stormblood was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

It's like my namesdays have all come at once