Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

It was something like "Let's draw e/n stories as comics". It included the rescue of an abused cat and a farewell to Vilerat, so sometime in Sept 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

xcheopis posted:

It was something like "Let's draw e/n stories as comics". It included the rescue of an abused cat and a farewell to Vilerat, so sometime in Sept 2012.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499406

Use the waffleimages mirror in the saclopedia article for the full experience.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

exploded mummy posted:

which goon had his girlfriend od and then just watched and liveposted about a football game while she was unconscious close by

There was also a goon whose roommate died and she couldn't be bothered to investigate what had happened for several days. She just kept saying things about how her roommate hadn't left her room in a couple days.

Her roommate was dead for about half a week before she called someone.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

:stare:
I miss so much by not hanging out in TCC, it seems.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

:stare:
I miss so much by not hanging out in TCC, it seems.

The incident I'm talking about didn't happen in TCC, which is honestly the single most shocking part.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The incident I'm talking about didn't happen in TCC, which is honestly the single most shocking part.

It was the lady- chat thread in GBS I believe.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Wasn't it something where she and the roommate weren't close and it wasn't insanely unusual for her to go a few days without seeing him? Even so, dang.

Also, the E/N comics thread spawned :radcat:, a pretty good smiley even if it sees very little use.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There was also a goon whose roommate died and she couldn't be bothered to investigate what had happened for several days. She just kept saying things about how her roommate hadn't left her room in a couple days.

One of my old roommates was going through a really rough patch and we didn't know if he was in his room or not and it took me a solid two days of waiting to see if he'd come out before I screwed up my courage enough to walk into his room prepared to see him dead.

He was at his parent's place in the burbs and just wasn't answering his phone.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Grem posted:

Does anyone have this comic? I feel like being emotionally devastated.

Drawn by forums poster Mjaulm

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Proteus Jones posted:

:smithicide:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Proteus Jones posted:

:smithfrog:

yeah thats the thing

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

slinkimalinki posted:

I don't know if it also happened to someone else, but I'm a ladyposter and it happened to my ex. I told the story awhile after it had happened iirc, though, it wasn't like a saga with live updates if that's what you're remembering.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Proteus Jones posted:

I know someone drew a follow-up after the dad got his kid back. I just can't find it.

Please don't leave these bad moods hanging.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Anne Whateley posted:

I don't know if it also happened to someone else, but I'm a ladyposter and it happened to my ex. I told the story awhile after it had happened iirc, though, it wasn't like a saga with live updates if that's what you're remembering.

Nah, it definitely happened with live posts and it definitely wasn't you. Kind of amazing that it happened to your ex too though.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I totally remember that. They were talking about all the things they missed during their WoW addiction, iirc. I think they realized their issues and got treatment.

Yeah, that sounds right. Dad had been wasting away because of cancer and they just weren't there for him, including missing the deathbed, but at the time he posted he had sorted his addiction, I think.

slinkimalinki posted:

A tiny little thing about this story that was super sad and goony imo was how the two people involved had been roommates for a really long time, something like +5 years and the Goon still couldn't bring themselves to just check on them. Can't remember how it came up, but they didn't know their birthday and a lot of basic stuff; a weird little thing, but I remember it blew my mind that you'd live close to someone for that long and really just not know a thing about them and be so absurdly adverse to interacting with them.

The Goonette chat threads are one of the re-occurring SA threads that gets a lot of weird attention from lurkers and weirdo creeps. My favorite bit was some lurker revealing himself in a Goonette chat thread for some unfathomable reason, by deciding to rank thread regulars based on his guesstimates on their breast-size based on selfies and weird speculation, and when he got called out as a weird creep for it, he then attempted to placate the person calling him out by bumping her up on a "better" spot on his boob-chart, like that was some kind of award or honor.

pentyne posted:

It's the Trans thread, so there was always a fair amount of contentious discussion, but the attempt to rally around a certain case didn't exactly strike a cord with anyone else.

That thread is an excellent case-study in how you get a mix of people spilling in when forum stuff goes down. Like, the TGRS subforum and various onsite LGBT spaces can have just as ridiculous stuff happening in them as the rest of SA and most posters just wanna occasionally gawk and poke fun at Goon projects and weird, funny & interesting posts no matter where they are across the +60 subs, but there absolutely are people tagging along with weird axes to grind and hateful/obsessive perspectives.

At least, reading just a page of that thread I see a poster who later revealed themselves to be a fully fledged moron by doing dox poo poo.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Grandmother of Five posted:

The Goonette chat threads are one of the re-occurring SA threads that gets a lot of weird attention from lurkers and weirdo creeps. My favorite bit was some lurker revealing himself in a Goonette chat thread for some unfathomable reason, by deciding to rank thread regulars based on his guesstimates on their breast-size based on selfies and weird speculation, and when he got called out as a weird creep for it, he then attempted to placate the person calling him out by bumping her up on a "better" spot on his boob-chart, like that was some kind of award or honor.

Does anyone have a copy of this Goonetitties chart? I want to see where I stack up :rimshot:

e: I just wanted to make a dumb joke, I don't really need to see this. haha it would be so weird if you showed me that, right? hahaaha so weird. I mean, what if you just showed it to me, LOL hahaha yeah that would be CRAZY man! like haha, you so wouldn't...would you?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Wasn't it kiwi farms that spend an insane amount of time doxxing trans goons? On a goon discord that has come up on how awful that was where people that were not out yet were having all their personal info posted online because people wanted to punish them for being trans. Some people just want to be assholes like that and it doesn't surprise me if someone is doing that in the trans threads still.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
cursed hellsite

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

A tiny little thing about this story that was super sad and goony imo was how the two people involved had been roommates for a really long time, something like +5 years and the Goon still couldn't bring themselves to just check on them. Can't remember how it came up, but they didn't know their birthday and a lot of basic stuff; a weird little thing, but I remember it blew my mind that you'd live close to someone for that long and really just not know a thing about them and be so absurdly adverse to interacting with them.

The Beginning of the saga:

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

So I haven't seen my flatmate in 5 days, and there is a really fuckin terrible smell coming out of his room.
What if he died in there?

Now the thing is I'm really not sure if I should call him, I mean, if he is dead no biggie, but if he is not, what am I telling him? "Ehehe sorry just checking if you are alive... by the way your room stinks."

Of course I could just go and try to enter the room, but kinda worried about what I could find there. Maybe wait another day, if he's gone somewhere he should be back to work on Monday right?

He owes me lots of rent.

What do corpses smell like?

Honestly if I lived with someone who felt an urge to check on me every time they didn't see me for a day I'd start getting annoyed. She goes on to talk about how the only sort of knew each other because of her sister and just happened to end up rooming together. Dude would frequently leave for days on end and they lived inverted lives.

That thread is an excellent case-study in how you get a mix of people spilling in when forum stuff goes down. Like, the TGRS subforum and various onsite LGBT spaces can have just as ridiculous stuff happening in them as the rest of SA and most posters just wanna occasionally gawk and poke fun at Goon projects and weird, funny & interesting posts no matter where they are across the +60 subs, but there absolutely are people tagging along with weird axes to grind and hateful/obsessive perspectives.

At least, reading just a page of that thread I see a poster who later revealed themselves to be a fully fledged moron by doing dox poo poo.

I did enjoy seeing most of the people saying the transphobia was fine because this particular person was awful have been banned or permabanned.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A disturbing amount of vocally 'progressive' people will enthusiastically throw black, gay, trans etc. people under the bus the moment they espouse a view even slightly in conflict with their own. See donut emoji twitter.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A disturbing amount of vocally 'progressive' people will enthusiastically throw black, gay, trans etc. people under the bus the moment they espouse a view even slightly in conflict with their own. See donut emoji twitter.

I'm not disagreeing with this statement, but 'is a pedophile rapist' doesn't exactly count as 'espousing a different view'.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Garrand posted:

The Beginning of the saga:

Honestly if I lived with someone who felt an urge to check on me every time they didn't see me for a day I'd start getting annoyed. She goes on to talk about how the only sort of knew each other because of her sister and just happened to end up rooming together. Dude would frequently leave for days on end and they lived inverted lives.

That's fair and it is tricky to gauge this kind of thing from an outside perspective, but they also go on to say that they've known the person for more than 20 years, and being adverse to even knock on their door after 5 days when it smells like someone died just seems completely absurd; not to mention the "if he is dead no biggie" comment" as if needing to deal witha corpse in your apartment would be less stressful than needing to talk to an alive person for half a minute :yikes:

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Wasn't it kiwi farms that spend an insane amount of time doxxing trans goons? On a goon discord that has come up on how awful that was where people that were not out yet were having all their personal info posted online because people wanted to punish them for being trans. Some people just want to be assholes like that and it doesn't surprise me if someone is doing that in the trans threads still.

I'm not exactly sure what Something Sensitive did and what Kiwi Farm did, and I don't think it is really worthwhile to bother making the distinction because both have done weird dox poo poo targeted at trans people. I have the impression that both basically embody the worst aspects of SA, really; mock threads turning hateful and obsessive.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

slinkimalinki posted:

Nah, it definitely happened with live posts and it definitely wasn't you. Kind of amazing that it happened to your ex too though.
Yeah, they weren't friends, it was just a craigslist roommates thing, but they'd lived together for years at that point. The roommate was an older guy, a quiet alcoholic, and once or twice a year his sister would come in and take him to rehab or her house to dry out. So when the guy wasn't around for a week, or two weeks, he just assumed that had happened again. He claimed that there was no smell, but when he opened the door, it was all flies.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Anne Whateley posted:

Yeah, they weren't friends, it was just a craigslist roommates thing, but they'd lived together for years at that point. The roommate was an older guy, a quiet alcoholic, and once or twice a year his sister would come in and take him to rehab or her house to dry out. So when the guy wasn't around for a week, or two weeks, he just assumed that had happened again. He claimed that there was no smell, but when he opened the door, it was all flies.

This is the worst magic realist short story

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I know someone drew a follow-up after the dad got his kid back. I just can't find it.

Please don't leave these bad moods hanging.

It was the same artist. I'd like to see it too. It was just one image: The dad and the daughter in tight, tearful embrace, as she's saying something like "Please don't let our home get stinky again, daddy" or something like that. Just as heart-wrenching.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Ok yall are gonna hate me but I can't find it on google or the goldmine so where is the original original slenderman thread? I want to prove to someone it came from here.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Thin Privilege posted:

Ok yall are gonna hate me but I can't find it on google or the goldmine so where is the original original slenderman thread? I want to prove to someone it came from here.

There is no thread. Slenderman is real.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I wish Mjaulm still posted. Her stuff is really good.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Thin Privilege posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3150591&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

gonna need to do waffleimages wizardry though

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

Just point them to the Wikipedia article. Very first sentence:

quote:

The Slender Man (also known as Slenderman) is a fictional supernatural character that originated as a creepypasta Internet meme created by Something Awful forums user Eric Knudsen (also known as "Victor Surge") in 2009.[1] It is depicted as a thin, unnaturally tall humanoid with a featureless head and face and wearing a black suit.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
How do you make waffleimages links work anyway? I know there's a way somewhere.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you believe hard enough, and have magic in your heart, then all waffleimages will be revealed to you.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Araenna posted:

How do you make waffleimages links work anyway? I know there's a way somewhere.

Go to SAclopedia, the instructions are under the waffle images entry

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Grassy Knowles posted:

Go to SAclopedia, the instructions are under the waffle images entry

Jesus Christ I spent way too much time searching for it a couple weeks ago, never even thought to check there. Thank you!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Does anyone have a good rundown on Romeo Rose? I was talking about goon-related trainwrecks with some other goons online, and couldn't exactly what happened with him, other than the creepiness, being a rapist, red shirt, and his insane chompers.

Oh, and the date someone went on with him. SAclopedia's giving me nothing, and Google has it all over the place.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

mojo1701a posted:

creepiness, being a rapist, red shirt, and his insane chompers.

that's pretty much it tbh, maybe add trump-level narcissism to the mix

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

Just point them to the Wikipedia article. Very first sentence:

I remember some goons did a video series thing (a bit like the blair witch project) with slenderman in the back ground. Which is probably really embarrassing now to watch but 10 years ago I enjoyed it.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Jippa posted:

I remember some goons did a video series thing (a bit like the blair witch project) with slenderman in the back ground. Which is probably really embarrassing now to watch but 10 years ago I enjoyed it.

Marble Hornets, a bunch of videos of absolutely nothing happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I Said No posted:

Marble Hornets, a bunch of videos of absolutely nothing happening

There was also a movie based on that ARG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always_Watching:_A_Marble_Hornets_Story

By all accounts, it was better than the new slendy-bendy.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 15:56 on Aug 16, 2018