Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Timby posted:

They still strong-armed him into some bullshit. His deal still allows the team to void his guaranteed money if the league levies a suspension of three games or more on him.

To put this in perspective, the only defensive player to ever get a three game suspension for on the field conduct is Vontaze Burfict. It's a pretty safe bet he won't be punished at that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

whypick1 posted:

Would Cleveland fire him just after he gets the loss record or would Fisher's ability to not get fired allow him to hit 200?

No. What would happen if the Brown's hired Fisher is somehow they would go undefeated or tie every game.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Sataere posted:

To put this in perspective, the only defensive player to ever get a three game suspension for on the field conduct is Vontaze Burfict. It's a pretty safe bet he won't be punished at that level.

Yeah I was gonna say that, he's have to wilfully gently caress up, like straight up attack someone purposefully, to get a suspension like that. I'm sure he's prefer to get all that language removed but it's not a ridiculous compromise

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

I don't get the big deal, moving players up and down the line to see what happens when a player gets hurt is a normal part of camp? They do it literally every year

Miller has no experience playing RT and Penn is by far better than any RT on the roster so?

https://twitter.com/PFF_Raiders/status/1029437793192165376

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I fundamentally disagree with this

Miller is real bad, like cant even get out of his stance bad. Maybe he learned something since UCLA but not likely

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Colostomy Bag posted:

No. What would happen if the Brown's hired Fisher is somehow they would go undefeated or tie every game.

Fisher would be a huge improvement for the Browns. Say what you want but the man knows how to go 7-9.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

this is violence

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jeff Fisher getting the loss record as the HC of the Browns just feels... right.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

He’s probably seen how he tackles tbh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

print the splints

quote:

DeVante Parker is out with a broken finger and questionable for Week 1.

The Palm Beach Post reports the Dolphins are "hopeful" Parker will be ready for Week 1, but coach Adam Gase would not go that far. This is a big blow for a player who was struggling in camp. With Parker and Kenny Stills (ankle) both sidelined, Albert Wilson should get every opportunity to climb the depth chart.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I remember really loving DeVante Parker in the 2015 draft.

It's possible that mistakes were made.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I've totally given up on Parker

I'm at the point where I'm glad that other people are getting his reps

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Titans are scrimmaging against the Bucs tomorrow and Thursday in Nashville, should be fun to see if we get any more fights.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Skip to 15 seconds for Jarvis Landry spiking a ball off a dude

https://twitter.com/PatChiesa/status/1029485589404545030

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
he better just be saying BLESS EM at the top of his lungs the whole time while swinging his fists or i'll be disappointed

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Grittybeard posted:

I remember really loving DeVante Parker in the 2015 draft.

It's possible that mistakes were made.

I have fond memories of Parker in fantasy football....because I traded him for Jarvis Landry.

Thank you DeVante Parker.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Skip to 15 seconds for Jarvis Landry spiking a ball off a dude

https://twitter.com/PatChiesa/status/1029485589404545030

This team is gonna be so drat bad again

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

pmchem posted:

This team is gonna be so drat bad again

Feels like sheer luck will prevent them from repeating their perfect season. But looking at their schedule, 1-15 or 2-14 is easy to imagine.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
remember when everyone marveled at the stacked 2015 WR class, featuring talents like amari cooper, devante parker, kevin white, and dorial green beckham

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

remember when everyone marveled at the stacked 2015 WR class, featuring talents like amari cooper, devante parker, kevin white, and dorial green beckham

Amari Cooper needs the same sports psych that Agholor went to

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Perriman and Dorsett were both first rounders, too, lol. God that draft was bust city for WRs huh.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Kevin White has had a pretty weird career so far. He could also benefit from a sports psych now that he's finally sort of healthy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Spot the lie.

https://twitter.com/ConorOrr/status/1029718648523509761

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I don't get it

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Allen seems to have "only" thrown 2 picks in that game, not 5? :shrug: he was still rear end

vvv edit: oh lol Iowa != Iowa State, too

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 15, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He might have been thinking Nebraska in Josh Allen's 'good' year at Wyoming.

16/32, 189 yards, 1TD, 5 picks.

Oh he never played Iowa State, they played Iowa. Not a lot of picks but Oregon in 2017 was...woof. 9/24 for 64 yards, 0 td 1 int.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh the lie I was angling towards was the "I don't see it" re: the big arm.

Everything else is fair.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Just like everyone in a car can override natural human reflexes and not flinch when a rock hits the windshield :rolleyes:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Stop saying "hella", Cartman!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jalen rules and we need more players who talk an encyclopedia of poo poo as him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Codependent Poster posted:

Stop saying "hella", Cartman!

Lmao I loved that episode.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
In that same interview, Jalen says that Flacco sucks and Matt Ryan is overrated

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao just randomly making GBS threads on iowa state

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

cavallingus posted:

In that same interview, Jalen says that Flacco sucks and Matt Ryan is overrated

Jalen knows his Quarterbacks I guess.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Jalen rules and we need more players who talk an encyclopedia of poo poo as him.
Amen, brother.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Obligatory
http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/jalen-ramsey-coverage/

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao just randomly making GBS threads on iowa state

Reminder that they beat Oklahoma last year lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

here's a fun fluff article by Barnwell about putting together a 53-man roster under the salary cap: http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/24306181/bill-barnwell-builds-perfect-nfl-roster-2018-salary-cap

But one thing it drives home is that a lot of our stars are underpaid or on overly long rookie deals

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
Well, the Why Your Team Sucks for the Redmen starts out well:

“Your team: Go gently caress yourself.”

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-washington-redskins-1828326322

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

He said Rivers is pretty good, so this checks out

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

a neat cape posted:

He said Rivers is pretty good, so this checks out

Yup

quote:

10. Derek Carr (Raiders)

“Derek Carr, I think he’s good.”

11. Philip Rivers (Chargers)

“Philip Rivers, I think he’s pretty good.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jalen Ramsey said Jimmy G is not good after Jimmy G picked apart the Jags and they were fighting on the sidelines because of it so sorry he is wrong about quarterbacks

• Locked thread