Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

As I was watching it I was contemplating the resolution which ended up being the end of the video.

Also make sure to watch at 2x speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

bony tony posted:

It's both Buddhist and Dadaist! Interacting with the art work is an inherent part of the work itself, and the most interactive thing you can do with a piece of art is destroying it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

And that little boy was francis dollarhyde

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Doubtful Guest posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSQAW9zXPpA

This compilation of life hacks made me actually angry - why waste time cutting up a hotdog when you can construct a hotdog quartering device using only dental floss, a knife and an old syringe.

To say nothing of the 'Why not attach things to other things with zip ties?' or using them in place of shoelaces. Maybe if you're hiking in the wilderness, or wanting that crazy homeless man look.

A few pages late but this part was just :discourse:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Higgy posted:

Hide the evidence of the crippling loneliness of your sad life with this one trick, discovered by a mom!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Piell posted:

Hide the evidence of the crippling loneliness of your sad life with this one trick, discovered by a mom!

I'd say it's a Sandra Lee-level trick, but she doesn't bother to hide it so

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ugh the knife guy is getting into making ASMR videos. gently caress that noise, quite literally. But I want to leave you with one more: see if you can figure out what the thing he builds at the start is for before the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XP-B2FlNNM

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Higgy posted:

Amateurish; you need to fill the ring binders with 2-3 cm wide papers to cover the holes.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Or all your imodium comes spilling out.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Lots of preoccupation ITT with the useless trash known as the can opener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acnRB_sEKtc

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Those cans should have never been opened. :stonklol:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

knife

different knife

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

the way he uses the file is the worst part of the video

how do you get past age 4 without knowing how to use a mill file

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Silly man thinks axe is knife. Yeah buddy not watching your hacks.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.
This popped up while I was watching some Japanese cooking videos.

At least the intro is accurate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXmon_dhT2M

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Julet Esqu posted:

Only god can judge me

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Few pages back but the dumbest Mythbusters ever was the Shooting Fish in a Barrel one where they tried to show that shooting fish in a barrel is actually hard by shooting at a model fish in a big barrel of water, as if the phrase referred to people murdering the pets of amateur barrel aquarists, instead of the ease of shooting a fish in a barrel full of just fish.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Cocks grenade launcher and proceeds to cause DoH evacuation of city block

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

Cocks grenade launcher

loving Fallout modders

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Otana posted:

This popped up while I was watching some Japanese cooking videos.

At least the intro is accurate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXmon_dhT2M

Haha can anyone avatarize that split second with the avocado at 14:03? It's brilliant

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

theironjef posted:

Few pages back but the dumbest Mythbusters ever was the Shooting Fish in a Barrel one where they tried to show that shooting fish in a barrel is actually hard by shooting at a model fish in a big barrel of water, as if the phrase referred to people murdering the pets of amateur barrel aquarists, instead of the ease of shooting a fish in a barrel full of just fish.

it doesn't even have to be a barrel full of fish. if you have a lone fish in a barrel, the pressure shockwave from shooting at it will kill the drat thing whether you hit it or not.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

MageMage posted:

Haha can anyone avatarize that split second with the avocado at 14:03? It's brilliant

Holy poo poo the ending is just “here’s how to make hobo wine”. Life fuckin’ hacked baby.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Dewgy posted:

Holy poo poo the ending is just “here’s how to make hobo wine”. Life fuckin’ hacked baby.

And at 8:45 :

"Use a pepper corer to core peppers"
"Use a spiral cucumber slicer to slice cucumbers into spirals."
"Use an egg slicer to slice eggs or mushrooms"
"Use a fork to crush garlic"
"Use a pineapple corer to core pineapples"

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Making hardboiled eggs in an electric kettle is pretty legit, and so is adding a dash of vinegar to the cooking water. The rest.. not so much.

That said, I am addicted to 5 Minute Crafts videos because they're so goddamn stupid. It's kind of nice to know that no matter how much I gently caress up in life, at least I'm not making prison hootch and hot gluing syringes to all of my belongings. I guess it's kind of like watching COPS or reality tv, or running with scissors.

e: holy poo poo, this one actually has "make yarn out of cat hair" around 13 minutes in :downs:

Bees on Wheat has a new favorite as of 12:54 on Aug 18, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wallace and Grommit could provide so much material for #lifehacks.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wallace and Grommit could provide so much material for #lifehacks.

Penguin on the run? A red rubber glove makes for an implantable chicken disguise.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Julet Esqu posted:

:byodame: "Skylar? Why are all my knives chipped and forks bent? Have you been going to the America Onlines again?"

:mad: "GOD MOM ITS CALLED YOUTUBE AND ITS MY JOB"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CommonShore posted:

:byodame: "Skylar? Why are all my knives chipped and forks bent? Have you been going to the America Onlines again?"

Skylar? American Onlines? Dude, 95% of all lifehack videos are made by Eastern Europeans.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

:byodame: "Boris? Why are all my knives chipped and forks bent? Have you been going to the Slovenia Onlines again?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't have a corkscrew? How about instead you heat your wine up and maybe cause the bottle to break by pouring a liquid through a rapidly heated piece of glass that isn't designed to be heated and cooled.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

muscles like this! posted:

Don't have a corkscrew?

Wood screw and a pair of pliers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Who the gently caress buys corked wine and doesn't have a corkscrew anyway?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You don't necessarily see if the bottle neck is threaded or not because of the wrapper.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I once bought a bottle of wine while staying at Disney and they didn't include a corkscrew in the room. It took a few calls to guest services to get a cheap plastic one that took about 5 minutes to get the cork out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whatever happened to the old lifehack about using a strainer to get bits of cork out of the wine because you used a knife to open it.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I remember a time before these sorts of things were called life hacks, opening a bottle of wine by putting it in show and repeatedly hitting the bottom against a wall

Edit: it took loving ages

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Suck that hooch through the teeth of your warface #hack #lyfe

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

muscles like this! posted:

Don't have a corkscrew? How about instead you heat your wine up and maybe cause the bottle to break by pouring a liquid through a rapidly heated piece of glass that isn't designed to be heated and cooled.

Dont have a corkscrew?
Unsheathe your saber!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Once I broke a corkscrew in a bottle of wine. None of these hacks were useful. I ended up digging out chunks of cork until i could grab the broken corkscrew with pliers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Throw the wine bottle on the floor and suck it up like the sponge you are.