Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alaois posted:

also kids love swearing. they love it.

I love swearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I love swearing.

everyone loves swearing! swearing is great!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Alaois posted:

everyone loves swearing! swearing is great!

gently caress swearing

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Alaois posted:

also kids love swearing. they love it.

Seriously. Chances are they're swearing like troopers within a month of starting school. It's very strange to me to see each generation seemingly get so uptight and precious about 'corrupting' their little angels when I know for a fact every fucker in my year could make a sailor blush and watched stuff like Beverly Hills Cop and Robocop by the age of ten. Like, you turned out fine, why will your kids be any different?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Was that Nuclearman from Superman the Movie 4 in Superman (2018- ) #2? Was he ever in the comics?

Covok fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 11, 2018

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Why didn't anyone tell me that Batman Who Laughs and his lil fetish Robins were the secondary antagonists in Immortal Men?

I assume it's because literally no one is reading that book.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Edge & Christian posted:

Why didn't anyone tell me that Batman Who Laughs and his lil fetish Robins were the secondary antagonists in Immortal Men?

I assume it's because literally no one is reading that book.

I knew because I bought the first issue. But I forgot because...I didn't really care for any of it.

A lot of the new age of heroes is not beginner friendly. It feels like your supposed to know backstory that doesn't exist.

That's why Sideways, the Terffics, and Silencer are the only ones worth reading: they actually establish themselves.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm enjoying Brimstone.
Remind me which one is Immortal Men. I get all the brand new team books confused.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Madkal posted:

I'm enjoying Brimstone.
Remind me which one is Immortal Men. I get all the brand new team books confused.

It's the one that's also fairly disconnected with the rest of the DCU with not-Vandal Savage

Covok
May 27, 2013

Madkal posted:

I'm enjoying Brimstone.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Brimstone. That one is good too.

Actually, you know what one thing I noticed is? It's very, very common for people to go "The New Age of Heroes will never last and isn't worth reading...except my favorite series." Makes me wonder a bit if it has a higher quality than people give it credit for.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is Bendis loving up Superman?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

One and two issues into the storylines, it remains to be seen.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Aug 14, 2018

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Schneider Heim posted:

Is Bendis loving up Superman?

Still early days.

Man of Steel had my normal issue with Bendis, where the story he wanted to tell could have been done in a 48 page special but was dragged out over 6 issues.

Superman and Action have been ok so far, but he's not setting the world on fire with what he's done. I still miss Tomasi.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Has Bruce Wayne's history with religion been established before today's Batman issue?

edit: Snyder! Nobody asked for Brightest Day 2!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 15, 2018

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Teenage Fansub posted:

Has Bruce Wayne's history with religion been established before today's Batman issue?

I don't believe it's been explored in the same way, but his father being religious has.

I think it's sort of a response to the complaints of Batman as Batgod, as well as exploring what the character's going through.

It's kind of unfair to blame Stewart for blowing up the planet, too. It makes sense that he'd blame himself for it, but someone else put the bomb there and he hurried to save it and couldn't because of a weakness the Guardians apparently put in his ring (or something like that, the bomb was yellow).

quote:

edit: Snyder! Nobody asked for Brightest Day 2!

Chaos, hate, hope and love, it's all part of life.

One of the solicitations for an upcoming JL has Batman in a bodycast dealing with the entire Legion of Doom, so it looks like Batman is physically out for the count for a bit.

nofather fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 15, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1029783717697519616

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Green Lanterns - spinning those wheels... could have just skipped to the last page and not missed anything.

Batwoman - hell yeah! Oh wait it's over for now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Didn't dig Pearl too much.
I guess Gaydos is using photo reference (the main character has a model credit at least), but he could maybe adjust them so their eyelines meet.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 16, 2018

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Pearl makes me think Kabuki, especially with the tattoo stuff.

Still enjoying Wild Storm, things are coming together. It looks like the WildCATS and Zealot spinoffs are still coming out.

Lynch is dead on with this, he didn't get to ask Slayton if he had any kids (he had a daughter in the original series) but the Kheran DNA is very strong. It's kind of interesting that the females haven't attempted to kill Lynch (though they aren't against killing, or even killing him).

Gloria Spaulding's 'exit' was pretty epic. She's Freefall's mom, in the original series I don't think she had much of a role and certainly wasn't as epic and dark as she is in this.

Also Engineer's getting super deadly.

nofather fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 16, 2018

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Gloria Spaulding is apparently way more powerful than anything we've seen in Wild Storm so far. I like that; her ascent to the darkened sky as Lynch ran away as fast as he could felt ominous as a result. The Kherubim and Daemonites seem really bizarre in this iteration of the setting. Emp, Voodoo and maybe John Colt seem relatively normal but then the deeper you go the weirder their agenda seems. Though I say Daemonites when we really don't know what they're up to. I hope it stays very tight in terms of the different narrative threads, even if there are some spin-offs. This is my favourite cape book currently ongoing and has been for a while (Mr Miracle is very good but the eclectic mix of espionage, sci fi, horror and superhero stuff in a setting I loved back in the day, especially when it was doing those kinds of things, tickles me in all the right places).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:lol: at the tagline.

Why the gently caress they have to kill Roy? :smith:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Interview with G Willow Wilson and Cary Nord on their upcoming Wonder Woman run with some early pages: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-g-willow-wilson-cary-nord-new-comic-1135351

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Neurosis posted:

Gloria Spaulding is apparently way more powerful than anything we've seen in Wild Storm so far. I like that; her ascent to the darkened sky as Lynch ran away as fast as he could felt ominous as a result. The Kherubim and Daemonites seem really bizarre in this iteration of the setting. Emp, Voodoo and maybe John Colt seem relatively normal but then the deeper you go the weirder their agenda seems. Though I say Daemonites when we really don't know what they're up to. I hope it stays very tight in terms of the different narrative threads, even if there are some spin-offs. This is my favourite cape book currently ongoing and has been for a while (Mr Miracle is very good but the eclectic mix of espionage, sci fi, horror and superhero stuff in a setting I loved back in the day, especially when it was doing those kinds of things, tickles me in all the right places).

I loved Jen's chat with Angie this issue, it was great. Between her and Lynch's tour of all the people he hosed up, it feels like wonderful things are right around the corner. And, er, lots of exploding heads.

Also finally got around to reading the Michael Cray series. He's one of the characters I'm not familiar with from the original Wildstorm books but was surprised to find that his series is basically How To Murder The Justice League One By One

:stare:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Teenage Fansub posted:

Interview with G Willow Wilson and Cary Nord on their upcoming Wonder Woman run with some early pages: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-g-willow-wilson-cary-nord-new-comic-1135351
Content of the interview is very cool (every WW writer who praises Rucka adds a couple of centimeters to my hairline) but I'm really not loving that art? I feel like we're surreptitiously inching back into a weird era of Diana being drawn more stick-thin than I prefer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Content of the interview is very cool (every WW writer who praises Rucka adds a couple of centimeters to my hairline) but I'm really not loving that art? I feel like we're surreptitiously inching back into a weird era of Diana being drawn more stick-thin than I prefer.

Motherfucker I will end you. Cary Nord is a goddamned legend.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I mean he's definitely no J. Scott Campbell so jot that down

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Batgirl annual was interesting. First story was an interesting take on the situation in the cathedral in Prelude. Guess they're going there with Dick/Babs. Sort of. It also made me google Ziad Nakad and Dick, sweetie, that is NOT a beach wedding dress. That's a four year old princess-loving girl's barbie doll birthday cake. Course the kid grew up with Bruce Wayne so his perspective's probably skewed. I also rolled my eyes at the millennial crack because didn't you have Bruce buy you like 18 square city blocks scattered throughout Manhattan in Rebirth while you lived in the Cloisters? Who you tryin' to fool.

The Grotesque short was... odd. I really wish they'd stop with the grimdark all our villains are mutilating assholes thing, she's already got her whackjob sociopath brother. The March Harriet intro though, that I could get behind. Babs doesn't really have any memorable villains of her own, so that was a nice change of pace without being over the top.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 17, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrianWilly posted:

The pages where she's in costume she's got fairly pronounced biceps.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jason really looks like he got lost on his way to Mortal Kombat now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hopefully he gets caught with a Fatality.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Hopefully he gets caught with a Fatality.

He did. He got better. Unfortunately.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A look at the weirdo team from Steve Orlando and Travel Foreman's new thing.
https://www.newsarama.com/41428-electric-warriors-1-cover.html

Welcome Mojo Dominator, Warframe Octopus, Quentin Quire/Tetsuo, Blink and exposed brain Tron guy!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 17, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

His new symbol appears to be his face.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Neurosis posted:

Yeah I don't got a handle on the aliens yet. But the Kherubim mentioned that there were five of them that came, and we've only met four. Given the powers we've seen from the Thunderbook candidates, I'm guessing the fifth was Majestros (who could pull off that kind of Spaulding-like 'holy poo poo' moment).

Really looking forward to some daemonite reveals, like they're clearly interested in the change that's going to happen, even provoking it but do they have a Lord Helspont and all the other evil daemonite nobles? Excited to see more, especially the WildCATS and Zealot spinoff. Zealot's been very low key but it looks like she's involved in getting all the pieces together, even, I think, maybe sleeping with Bendix's assistant.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wait wait wait. Does that boy have a domino mask painted on to his regular full mask? jfc

The complaint of "I can't believe Batman lets Jason Todd run around the city" should now be changed to "I can't believe Batman lets Jason Todd run around the city dressed like that"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

Wait wait wait. Does that boy have a domino mask painted on to his regular full mask? jfc

The complaint of "I can't believe Batman lets Jason Todd run around the city" should now be changed to "I can't believe Batman lets Jason Todd run around the city dressed like that"

Batman has kitty ears and for years wore trunks that looked like underwear over his trousers. I doubt the painted on mask would even register with such a monster.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TwoPair posted:

Er no. He traded the helmet for a domino mask and a hockey mask combo.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah, that was explicitly stated by the designer to be the intention. I just can't stop seeing an angry penguin.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What is Jason Todd but an angry penguin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Er no. He traded the helmet for a domino mask and a hockey mask combo.

That's still a mask on top of a mask.