Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My child like bedroom also has Gundams and a Godzilla in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Standing next to Caleb at a street crossing. Please advise.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Senor Tron posted:

Push him into traffic

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Call him a Nazi so that he'll have something to whine about.

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

Fart in his general direction.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Bravely continuing this thread's hatred of democracy! Sad!

nah it’s hosed

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Pull on his beard

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Say hello that will scare him enough.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Senor Tron posted:

It's probably too late, but you could have been nominated Austalian of the year

hambeet fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 16, 2018

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I feel bad for Caleb. If I was held to the standards of what I believed when I was eighteen, I'd be hosed. On the other hand he keeps making a spectacular arse of himself in the most public way and it's hard not to laugh.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
UWA's rating on facebook has gone from 4.9 to 3.7 in 2 days.

They're getting savaged over hosting hate group speakers.

Good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oh no not me Facebook rating, that's going to hurt admissions!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

My threads rated higher. They should hold a renaming contest.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

He was talking to a woman so I decided it would be a shame to spoil his special day of the year.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

Oh no not me Facebook rating, that's going to hurt admissions!

Literally a thing, for a university that has been bleeding admissions for 5 years running and are running back to back austerity budgets hoping like hell it'll pick up so they can correct for a decade of poor investment decisions?

You better believe they care.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

https://mobile.twitter.com/NickMcKim/status/1029892113901580289

I'm pretty sure the only morally honest statement was from fuckin' Pauline Hanson, who only explicitly denounced saying Nazi terms rather than fabricated euphemism, rather than attesting they denounce doing Nazism

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Bandt, Wilkie, McGowan all on the dissenting side?

sigh at least there's not just the one

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hooman posted:

UWA's rating on facebook has gone from 4.9 to 3.7 in 2 days.

They're getting savaged over hosting hate group speakers.

Good.

It could also be because Facebook just changed the way reviews work in an effort to stop brigading. The SMM for Guide Dogs Victoria was somewhat distraught today because all of their reviews are gone, and like most NFPs they survive on reputation.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

NTRabbit posted:

It could also be because Facebook just changed the way reviews work in an effort to stop brigading. The SMM for Guide Dogs Victoria was somewhat distraught today because all of their reviews are gone, and like most NFPs they survive on reputation.

Brigading?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

iajanus posted:

Brigading?

I’m gonna guess coordinated online campaigns designed to destroy/enhance the reputation of vendors in response to a positive/negative event the organisation has been a part of.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Yeah that. Also to filter out astroturfing, which is where a business crates fake accounts to write fake reviews to boost their score, or more typically pays a bot farm in India to do it for them.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah that. Also to filter out astroturfing, which is where a business crates fake accounts to write fake reviews to boost their score, or more typically pays a bot farm in India to do it for them.

Just like Tony Abbott did!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Don Dongington posted:

Just like Tony Abbott did!

Anidavs first big news scoop! He didn't even have to poo poo with the door open to get it in on time!

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I was starting to warm up to PVO after he left Sky and was doing more stuff on ABC. But now he starts spouting D'Souza grade shite.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:siren: Leadership Speculation :siren:

https://twitter.com/AnthDeCeglie/status/1030060514666196993?s=20

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

V for Vegas posted:

I was starting to warm up to PVO after he left Sky and was doing more stuff on ABC. But now he starts spouting D'Souza grade shite.

He's getting massively dunked and I'm happy to join in.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Starshark posted:

He's getting massively dunked and I'm happy to join in.

https://twitter.com/Harryslaststand/status/1030063750525710336

drat

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It's gonna suck when the Greatest Generation are all dead, and the Boomers have astroturfed the entire war as a fight for the rampant unrestrained capitalism that only occurred once their generation got the vote.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
TURNBULL Government MPs negotiating the at-risk National Energy Guarantee want Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg to pay the Palaszczuk Government to devalue its poles and wires to dramatically reduce Queensland power bills.

The push for a specific Queensland plan comes as the Turnbull Government was forced to delay the introduction of its signature energy policy until next week because of a brewing internal fight that could spill into devastating disunity.

NEG then election?

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Anidav posted:

TURNBULL Government MPs negotiating the at-risk National Energy Guarantee want Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg to pay the Palaszczuk Government to devalue its poles and wires to dramatically reduce Queensland power bills.

The push for a specific Queensland plan comes as the Turnbull Government was forced to delay the introduction of its signature energy policy until next week because of a brewing internal fight that could spill into devastating disunity.

NEG then election?

Federal campaign has begun in Queensland, election soon. The Qld NEG plan might be to head off any ideas from Dutton

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

it's almost as if people who name governments or parties can be deliberately disingenuous about the aims of their group. see also: Democratic People's Republic of Korea; the Liberal Party

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Sekkira posted:

I was called out for criticising that dumb matrix poster. Why the hell do you all think I'm agreeing with it?

What is your actual point that you're trying to argue?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/mathaiaus/status/1029559295753351169

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*phase shifts through paywall*

News+ SUBSCRIBERS ONLY posted:

Conservative Coalition MPs urging Peter Dutton to replace Malcolm Turnbull ‘within weeks’

CONSERVATIVE MPs are urging Peter Dutton to seize the leadership from Malcolm Turnbull within weeks on a policy platform of lower immigration and cheaper energy bills.

The move comes as momentum is growing among MPs angry at the Prime Minister’s signature energy policy, with 10 threatening to cross the floor and several ministers considering resigning over the issue which has divided the Liberal Party for the past decade.
Mr Turnbull is promising to take a “big stick” to power companies in a bid to stem growing dissent on the backbench for his signature energy policy.

Despite two days of crisis meetings at least five MPs remain steadfast in their plan to vote against the National Energy Guarantee unless the government walks away from legislating the Paris Agreement on emissions reduction.

Amid this upheaval, conservative MPs are urging Mr Dutton, the Home Affairs Minister, to seize the leadership in the next few weeks.

They say there needs to be a correction of policy direction after the shock primary vote of just 30 per cent in the ­recent by-election in the Queensland seat of Longman, when the party needs to be above 40 per cent to be in a winnable position.

Mr Dutton is being urged to challenge Mr Turnbull’s leadership on a policy platform of lower immigration levels and a new energy policy focusing on cheaper bills rather than lowering emissions.
Conservative MPs told The Daily Telegraph a “torn” Mr Dutton was considering his options.
One source said that Mr Dutton would not stand by and accept losing his seat as the government tanks.

“There are only two good outcomes here — either the energy policy is dead and we can go to the election fighting Labor on it, or Malcolm goes,” the MP said.

Mr Dutton yesterday took the extraordinary step of publicly signalling concerns with the National Energy Guarantee, offering only a lukewarm assessment.
In the interview on 2GB, Mr Dutton also did not launch a defence of Mr Turnbull as Prime Minister when host Ray Hadley advocated for a change in leadership.
Instead Mr Dutton spoke about his own portfolio and said he was going to do his best to “turn these polls around” and vowed to “fight til election day and beyond” to stop Bill Shorten from ­becoming Prime Minister.

“I do the best that I can in my portfolio. I think we kick some pretty good goals in this portfolio,” he said.
“We don’t get everything right, but I think we’ve done a good job and I want to make sure that I can be a part of restoring our fortunes, making sure that we’re in a winning position by the time of the next election and I’m not going to deviate from that path.”

Mr Dutton said he would not criticise Mr Turnbull publicly and any disagreements on policy were in private.
“Now, if my position changes — that is, it gets to a point where I can’t accept what the government’s proposing or I don’t agree — then the Westminster system is very clear; you resign your commission, you don’t serve in that Cabinet and you make that very clear in a respectful way,” he said.

Mr Dutton also did not support the NEG when asked if it was “suboptimal” — a term used by Liberal colleague Jim Molan in an interview with Sky News.
“The Prime Minister, like all of us, wants to see power prices reduced for businesses, for households, for pensioners and the government’s come up with a policy and we believe that that’s the best policy available to us,” he said.

Mr Turnbull, Treasurer Scott Morrison and Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg have been in urgent talks to come up with an “extreme” plan to appease the rebel MPs before Tuesday’s party room meeting.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
You ever notice that Liberal MPs only ever talk about improving election chances as their main success factor - never delivering outcomes for for the nation.

I guess that's the private sectors job heh.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
How has all that appeasing Peter Dutton worked out for you, Malcolm?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Couldn't this just be Whip Boy George spreading rumours again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It's pretty great that 5 mostly marginal seat back benchers are able to bring down the entire party, possibly nationally if you account for SA Gerrymandering fuckery.

• Locked thread