Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Here you go.

Be sure to change the top so that it matches whatever your scoring system is.

RSJ #1 TE... I think you accidentally linked him a real beersheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just had a text thread in the past 24 hours that easily went over 500 texts arguing about IDP scoring.

Here's what we ended up with...

This was to raise the level of our IDPs (LB, DL, DB, start one each) and try to make them more important without over-inflating linebackers. It was also designed to make DL important because they were getting like 3 points a game. The key was inflating stuffs and deflating tackles.

Now #1 linebacker Wagner now 202.5, #1 DL Chandler Jones now 186, #1 DB Reshaud Jones now 177. That puts Wagner around Christian McCaffrey last year and Chandler around Devante Adams and Reshaud Jones around Lamar Miller.

I think it worked out pretty great. They're important, they're relatively equal and not too valuable that it totally screws up how we think about the draft.

The real problem is linebackers freakin fill up the stat sheet and defensive backs get no points for "throwing to the other side of the field".

You cannot believe how many passionate arguments were made where we almost got to an agreement and some idiot chimes in "I never liked IDPs let's just go back to team defense!" gently caress that guy.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Here you go.

Bullsheet

:discourse:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Both Bell and Zeke are facing likely yearlong bans if they have any more off the field issues, whereas Davod Johnson appears to be an angel. I think they are both past that stuff, but it's still a non-zero risk.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Here you go.

How is Mike Davis not number one? Do I need to link you to last years thread?

Also, Kenny Golladay still seriously undervalued.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

coronaball posted:

Both Bell and Zeke are facing likely yearlong bans if they have any more off the field issues, whereas Davod Johnson appears to be an angel. I think they are both past that stuff, but it's still a non-zero risk.

This is a good and fair point when evaluating players that are more or less a coinflip choice.

e: I might try and do something like offer 3+27 for 4+21 to the guy picking 4th. Wouldn't mind moving up at the 2/3 turn and being happy with whichever of DJ and Zeke falls to me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Cardinals are being underrated.

Bradford will be healthy this year (he's good for one healthy year for every 2). Bradford, when playing, is plenty better than Carson Palmer and is the most accurate QB in the league. Cardinals just need competency at the QB position to be a top 10 unit again. Bradford offers that and plenty more.

That's not considering Josh Rosen.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I'd also just rather cheer for David Johnson the human than Ezekiel Elliott the human, so barring any significant news through the rest of the preseason I'll probably lean that way.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any reason why MFL won't give me the option to trade draft picks for this year anymore? I haven't changed any settings and as of a few days ago it was an option. I just agreed to a trade today (draft is tonight) and I want to make it legit.

Edit: Changed the draft type to another option and that fixed it. Weird.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 16, 2018

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

89 posted:

Bradford will be healthy this year (he's good for one healthy year for every 2). Bradford, when playing, is plenty better than Carson Palmer and is the most accurate QB in the league. Cardinals just need competency at the QB position to be a top 10 unit again. Bradford offers that and plenty more.

Agreed.

I'm a little surprised by people giving the edge to Zeke because of the Cards' "shittiness" when the Cowboys passing attack is nonexistent. I would much rather have DJ this year.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Here you go.

Sweet! Thanks.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Am I misremembering or is the Cardinals oline going to be shittier this year? We've also just already seen Zeke do great with a bad Cowboys passing offense, still scoring 9 TDs in 10 games last year. Anyway, like I said, no strong preference for me and it isn't like I think DJ will be anything but awesome. We've just seen Zeke be almost as awesome as DJ's best just last year (125 yards and a touchdown per game). Though yeah, PPR is going to swing it decently towards DJ even if Zeke does catch more passes this year than previously, I've been totally neglecting that, huh.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Deciding between David Johnson or Estinkial Elliott is truly fantasy football first world problems.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

89 posted:

Estinkial Elliott

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

89 posted:

Bradford will be healthy this year
for a game and a half until he steps wrong and his knee nopes the gently caress out again

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
For dynasty league players, how much is your league Salary Cap Amount?

I know that's a bit arbitrary, but I'm trying to figure out a good amount to deal with for a full offense and IDP (no coach, oline, punters). I was thinking $200, but that's a standard amount for redraft regular auction leagues. I know some people will even do millions of dollars. I guess to make it kind of realistic.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

sourdough posted:

We've also just already seen Zeke do great with a bad Cowboys passing offense, still scoring 9 TDs in 10 games last year.
The Cowboys passing game might've been bad last year, but it will be even worse this year, while their division got better for the most part. Dak lost his two most experienced passcatchers. Now it's Allen Hurns, a third-round rookie in Gallup, and Cole Beasley and Tavon Austin playing out of position. With coaches that have shown they don't know how to optimize how they use their receivers (they still think they can make Austin into a thing!). I don't like any of that. Zeke's volume is mostly assured but I think it's fair to question how this offense will sustain drives, especially when faced with negative game scripts, which they will likely see more of this season.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

89 posted:

I know that's a bit arbitrary, but I'm trying to figure out a good amount to deal with for a full offense and IDP (no coach, oline, punters). I was thinking $200, but that's a standard amount for redraft regular auction leagues. I know some people will even do millions of dollars. I guess to make it kind of realistic.

Whatever you set it at, it will take a few years for the values to become realistic. Especially first year because it’s pretend money and most are still in redraft mode not realizing how screwed they are the next 2-4 years with a WR that is 30%+ of their cap.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

Is there some inside joke I'm missing here? Bradford is described as the most accurate QB in the league and this post gets no pushback?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pmchem posted:

Is there some inside joke I'm missing here? Bradford is described as the most accurate QB in the league and this post gets no pushback?

From a certain perspective it's not insane. Bradford is tied for the 3rd lowest interception percentage among current starters.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He was nails in college.

I'd say Brees is the most accurate, though.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pmchem posted:

quote:

Sam Bradford, Vikings
Despite Minnesota’s collapse after a 5-0 start, Bradford became THE MOST ACCURATE PASSER IN NFL HISTORY with his 71.6 completion percentage,

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galle...m-newton-010617

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

89 posted:

We do $250, with teams having $100 in FAAB each year, and with IR costing half a player's salary and taxi costing 0 of a player's salary.
In our fourth year, these are our top salaries in the league... everything above $40:

Antonio Brown: $75
Le'Veon Bell and Julio Jones: 62
Dez Bryant: $59 (dropped to FA)
Gronk: $53 (Dropped to FA)
Odell Beckham: $51
DeAndre Hopkins: $47
DeMarco Murray: $47 (dropped to FA)
AJ Green: $45
Demaryius Thomas: $43
Lamar Miller: $42 (dropped to FA)
Mike Evans and Aaron Rodgers: $41

here's the full list

I think this shows that half the cap is about the ceiling, and no teams afford more than two of them (some teams have none in that list), and that only a few players wind up priced above about a third of the cap.

I think what really matters is getting the cap in good ratio with the faab, bench depth, rate of salary increases, and to have a large enough number to make the minimum salary (we use whole numbers, so $1 in our case) be reasonably small. Beyond that, everything can scale in proportion, so it's arbitrary.

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD

89 posted:

Why not do the NFL's real cap number? $177.2 million this year, probably round down to 177.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

That's one season, the result of a very particular offensive scheme. That says more about the Vikes play-calling than Bradford, who holds a career 62.5% completion rate. Describing him as "the most accurate QB in the league" is laughable.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm able to keep Dalvin Cook at 3.4 in a 12 team league, that's a yes right?

Haven't followed him too much this offseason but i guess all indications are he's been ready since training camp started?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

I'm able to keep Dalvin Cook at 3.4 in a 12 team league, that's a yes right?

Haven't followed him too much this offseason but i guess all indications are he's been ready since training camp started?

That’s not just a yes, but a hell yes.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

LesBeardly posted:

Why not do the NFL's real cap number? $177.2 million this year, probably round down to 177.

This is what we do in my main league and if the nfl cap changes annually, so does ours. Our annual salaries roll over 10% as well.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LesBeardly posted:

That’s a weird number to deal with in your head. The exact number matters not at all, just % of cap, so use something like 1,000 that lets you use nice granular bids (0.1% of cap vs 0.5 or 1% with a 200 or 100 budget), but is still a nice easy number to convert bids to % of cap.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

This is what we do in my main league and if the nfl cap changes annually, so does ours. Our annual salaries roll over 10% as well.

Do you also use the NFL league minimum salary? And can you engage in NFL typical shenanigans to avoid the cap, like signing bonuses?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

pmchem posted:

The statement is not as absurd as it appears, as Alfalfa already showed.

Having said that, his "record" was beaten this past season by Drew Brees. I actually did a write up last year on how vastly different Bradford's 2016 season was compared to Brees' 2017.

Long story short, accurate /= better.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How can I set League Minimum Salaries in MFL? Also, I don't see anywhere in the options to track contracts?

How can I set a salary increase automatically each year for all players under contract?

Alfalfa has been a huge help with sending me his league's settings. I've sent him a ton of questions and feel kind of bad, lol.

Is there someone with a bunch of knowledge of dynasty salary cap leagues and MFL I can holler at on Slack or some messenger?

89 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 16, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Do you also use the NFL league minimum salary? And can you engage in NFL typical shenanigans to avoid the cap, like signing bonuses?

Yes. Last year league minimum (outside of rookie draft and UD rookies) was $630k.

This year it became $790k

We don’t do signing bonuses or any of that stuff.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

89 posted:

How can I set League Minimum Salaries in MFL? Also, I don't see anywhere in the options to track contracts?

How can I set a salary increase automatically each year for all players under contract?

Alfalfa has been a huge help with sending me his league's settings. I've sent him a ton of questions and feel kind of bad, lol.

Is there someone with a bunch of knowledge of dynasty salary cap leagues and MFL I can holler at on Slack or some messenger?

I’ll answer them tomorrow when back on computer. It’s hard to read them and look it up on phone.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

That’s not just a yes, but a hell yes.

Thanks, i'm hoping we get to see him for a bit in preseason.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Alfalfa posted:

I’ll answer them tomorrow when back on computer. It’s hard to read them and look it up on phone.

Oh, for sure, man. I appreciate the help :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

89 posted:

Generally I think salaries are set when a player is aquired, or you can batch apply a salary to every player (or every FA?) but I don't think there's a place where you can set a fixed minimum salary.

You can set a minimum bid for free agency pickups - we use $1 for example - which should effectively set a minimum salary for rostered players.

e. The "Salary Cap Setup" option is the one that has most of this stuff.

quote:

Each year you have to trigger a rollover of your league to the next year. MFL lets you do this after they implement code changes for their site. After doing that, there's a tool you can optionally use to apply a blanket increase in salary. However it's a dumb tool: you can increase by a dollar amount or a percentage, but you can't do a smart thing like "10% or $1, whichever is larger." So in my league a commissioner updates all the salaries of owned players manually. It takes about an hour?

There's also an "Import player salaries and contracts" tool which is basically a textbox you can cut & paste players into, so you can do it all in a spreadsheet or something if you prefer.

And finally, there's a tool for using "packaged" salaries and contracts, with a few options that MFL provides. You can copy from another league, generate them based on previous year stats, or use MFL's default salaries.

quote:

google messenger, my user name at gmail dot com

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 16, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

However it's a dumb tool: you can increase by a dollar amount or a percentage, but you can't do a smart thing like "10% or $1, whichever is larger." So in my league a commissioner updates all the salaries of owned players manually. It takes about an hour?

google messenger, my user name at gmail dot com

The first part: took like 20 mins max. I mean, 15 to find it, and 5 to update based on my excel sheet that had done the math for me.

Also hit up leper on google hangouts. I flail like an idiot and he chimes in with the exact location of the page on MFL I need.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

is there a Eliminator thread yet? I just noticed a reminder to do my picks showed up in my gmail spam folder...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just drafted in my Dynasty Salary Cap League

1.02 Joe Mixon $21
2.08 Sony Michel $8
3.08 Nyheim Hines $4
5.02 Ricky Seals-Jones $1

My team: (not including my picks)

How do I set all free agents to go on waivers in MFL?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 17, 2018