Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/status/1030136572740481024

Characters who used to not have facial hair getting facial hair is my favorite thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This inker is...not doing Maleev any big favors.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kurt should be rocking an errol flynn moustache and you know it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rockslide!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Synthbuttrange posted:

Kurt should be rocking an errol flynn moustache and you know it

Throw a bit of Vincent Price in there as well, and Raul Julia's Gomez, I can dig this oh yes.

And man Nightcrawler is lovable. Like when he was guarding the car and stuff during dark Phoenix saga, or thinking about not wanting Kitty to think he's scary, he's the most down to earth G out of the crew.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Rockslide!

Hell yeah!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I feel like this should be a new BSS rule. Any time anyone uses his name they have to type "Hell Yeah!" after it.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Haha because of the dumb rear end Twitter Preview format, I didn't initially notice why the Madrox picture is so great.
Also I am totally down to read a book featuring the X-Team of Pixie, Rockslide (Hell yeah!), and a Guy in a Suit. Who in hell is that.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Diet Poison posted:

Haha because of the dumb rear end Twitter Preview format, I didn't initially notice why the Madrox picture is so great.
Also I am totally down to read a book featuring the X-Team of Pixie, Rockslide (Hell yeah!), and a Guy in a Suit. Who in hell is that.

Kinda looks like they're hinting that's Legion.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I feel like this should be a new BSS rule. Any time anyone uses his name they have to type "Hell Yeah!" after it.

I gladly agree with that. But I feel like the same should be the case for Kite Man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IUG posted:

I gladly agree with that. But I feel like the same should be the case for Kite Man.

Uh, it already is and you just broke it.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Characters who used to not have facial hair getting facial hair is my favorite thing.

Colossus getting a beard was my favorite part of the X-Men relaunch.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/status/1030136572740481024

So wait, are we getting original flavor Madrox back-- the one with the M tattoo-- at the end of.. whatever the gently caress is going on in that Madrox mini, or am I looking into variant covers too much?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jedi posted:

Colossus getting a beard was my favorite part of the X-Men relaunch.

All of the Illuminati beards at the end of Hickman's Avengers run.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

BrianWilly posted:

This inker is...not doing Maleev any big favors.

Do you mean Yu?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cabbit posted:

So wait, are we getting original flavor Madrox back-- the one with the M tattoo-- at the end of.. whatever the gently caress is going on in that Madrox mini, or am I looking into variant covers too much?

In following the mini-series, the odds are very high that it leads to some time-fuckery with OG Jamie returning.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What happened to Leinil Francis Yu :(

e: His interiors for this month's Cap look way better than those.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 18, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

What happened to Leinil Francis Yu :(

e: His interiors for this month's Cap look way better than those.

He inked his own work there. I think he needs the right inker (or just go straight to colors), and this one isn't really a good match.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think inking's the least of the problems.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
tbh i don't think covers have ever been yu's strong suit. the way those are framed with all the characters in face-on portrait view is just pretty boring.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kaleidoscope posted:

tbh i don't think covers have ever been yu's strong suit. the way those are framed with all the characters in face-on portrait view is just pretty boring.

I do like that old New Avengers cover of Electra and a tidal wave of Ninjas falling on Ronin/Echo, it was from like right after Civil War one.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
They gave Psylocke Jessica Jones's Jewel costume and this is a major step back for Cannonball.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I just read the Astonishing X-Men Annual and I kind of loved it. I don't know why, but Charles being a complete rear end in a top hat just works for me. Normally he's an rear end in a top hat but it's all the hidden stuff behind the image of the noble X-Men Founder. But him just being a straight up piece of poo poo works really well.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Matthew Rosenberg is enjoyable enough as a writer, but I don't understand why they keep letting him write X-Men stuff when he seems, by all rights and evidence, to hate the X-Men with every fiber of his being.

Also, loving lol at the idea of "X" being able to so casually mindwipe Jean at this point in their careers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hot claws are dumb, that costume is rear end, Logan sucks in general.

Give us back All Nee Wolverine!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I found the Astonishing Annual incredibly off-putting. The humourous parts were fun, but I just hate everything about X, and not in a fun way. I can't say it was a bad comic or anything, but I just did not care for it at all. I've been reading post-Onslaught X-Men though, so I've had a lot of unilateral acting, feelings failing Xavier recently, and I just got to New X-Men to top it off.

One thing I'm genuinely curious about, having seen numerous creators talking about how tragic the X-Men are, in that they suffer more than anyone else in the Marvel universe, is whether the X-audience still wants that. X-Men Red, Domino & Rogue and Gambit have been such a breath of fresh air by being fun/uplifting/positive amidst some good personal stakes, and there's a (probably queer) audience who wants to see these gays be happy for a bit, or at least have lower stakes personal drama. That said, X-fan trend hardcore too, with nostalgia being key basedon the team lineups of recent runs so I'm not saying that this is majority, it's just something I've been wondering about.
Obviously, the hated and feared thing is seen as fundamental, and Big Two comics need their mandated fight scene, but it would be great to get more slice of life X-stuff in my opinion.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Mystery in Madripoor #4: So Betsy's back in her body and the last page looks like Kwannon/Revanche is back alive and in her body - or am I reading this incorrectly?

vvv: I know but figured it was better just spoiler the whole thing rather than just one part to be safe.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 22, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Mystery in Madripoor #4: So Betsy's back in her body and the last page looks like Kwannon/Revanche is back alive and in her body - or am I reading this incorrectly?

We knew the first part of that was happening already.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Huh, I've honestly hoped for that for ages, but i'm surprised they actually did it.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I am hoping they also do something neat with the second part of that spoiler and not just leave it in limbo as a fallout of the first. Two for the price of one, so to speak, would be the best approach.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Metalshark posted:

I found the Astonishing Annual incredibly off-putting. The humourous parts were fun, but I just hate everything about X, and not in a fun way. I can't say it was a bad comic or anything, but I just did not care for it at all. I've been reading post-Onslaught X-Men though, so I've had a lot of unilateral acting, feelings failing Xavier recently, and I just got to New X-Men to top it off.

One thing I'm genuinely curious about, having seen numerous creators talking about how tragic the X-Men are, in that they suffer more than anyone else in the Marvel universe, is whether the X-audience still wants that. X-Men Red, Domino & Rogue and Gambit have been such a breath of fresh air by being fun/uplifting/positive amidst some good personal stakes, and there's a (probably queer) audience who wants to see these gays be happy for a bit, or at least have lower stakes personal drama. That said, X-fan trend hardcore too, with nostalgia being key basedon the team lineups of recent runs so I'm not saying that this is majority, it's just something I've been wondering about.
Obviously, the hated and feared thing is seen as fundamental, and Big Two comics need their mandated fight scene, but it would be great to get more slice of life X-stuff in my opinion.

I desperately am tired of darkness, and am tired of wondering if the characters I like are actually good.

Obviously happy stories forever don't work but it wouldn't be bad to chill things out a bit for just a little while.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think what most fans love about the X-Men is not their darkness, but the fact that they're a family who stick together through it all. Also their melodrama, but that's not the same as terrible tragedies constantly befalling them. Like, I don't think all that many people absolutely adore, "no more mutants," or the Legacy Virus, right? They just accept that those storylines happened, but they're not out there raving about them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Android Blues posted:

I think what most fans love about the X-Men is not their darkness, but the fact that they're a family who stick together through it all. Also their melodrama, but that's not the same as terrible tragedies constantly befalling them. Like, I don't think all that many people absolutely adore, "no more mutants," or the Legacy Virus, right? They just accept that those storylines happened, but they're not out there raving about them.

Yeah, it's the soap opera aspects of it. Love triangles, secrets coming back to haunt them or discovering new ones, etc.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/MrCraigKyle/status/1028173194811727872?s=19

Saw this blowing up a bit. I'm not sure if he meant specifically to the cartoon, comics, or both. I don't think Laura's had any sort of inclinations towards women in anything? But I guess it's a "creator says one thing, current writers don't give a poo poo" sort of deal.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

https://twitter.com/MrCraigKyle/status/1028173194811727872?s=19

Saw this blowing up a bit. I'm not sure if he meant specifically to the cartoon, comics, or both. I don't think Laura's had any sort of inclinations towards women in anything? But I guess it's a "creator says one thing, current writers don't give a poo poo" sort of deal.

To the best my knowledge she's only kissed the young time displaced Scott Summers, which is probably enough for her to swear off men forever.

Edit, ignoring her underage prostitute comic origin

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 25, 2018

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

She mentioned feelings of attraction towards another woman when talking to a telepath and I do not think that was meant as a goof (or at least, not primarily as a goof).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

To the best my knowledge she's only kissed the young time displaced Scott Summers, which is probably enough for her to swear off men forever.

Edit, ignoring her underage prostitute comic origin

Nah, she only hugged Scott. If they had kissed, all others, men or women, wouldn't compare.

She dated/is dating young Angel though.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
He might only be speaking in the context of the X-Men: Evolution version, although it'd probably be an uphill battle getting a gay character in a kids' cartoon in 2001. It's long past time for some Evolution nostalgia, too; '92 was great, but I want to see teen gothy Rogue crossing universes and finding out she's married to Gambit.

I do wish there was a little more motivation towards some gay/bi male characters into the mix, though. Any representation is great, but as a straight dude, it makes me a little skeptical that like half the female characters have prominent creators in favor of their queerness, and on the male side, there's... Iceman and Anole? Daken? Nobody else is coming to mind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rochallor posted:

He might only be speaking in the context of the X-Men: Evolution version, although it'd probably be an uphill battle getting a gay character in a kids' cartoon in 2001. It's long past time for some Evolution nostalgia, too; '92 was great, but I want to see teen gothy Rogue crossing universes and finding out she's married to Gambit.

I do wish there was a little more motivation towards some gay/bi male characters into the mix, though. Any representation is great, but as a straight dude, it makes me a little skeptical that like half the female characters have prominent creators in favor of their queerness, and on the male side, there's... Iceman and Anole? Daken? Nobody else is coming to mind.

Uhm, Northstar had a gay wedding you apparently forgot about, to be fair so did everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Skwirl posted:

Uhm, Northstar had a gay wedding you apparently forgot about, to be fair so did everyone else.

:doh: He's like the first one too! And I did like that run of Astonishing.

Anyway, this is the part where everybody lists the 30 gay X-Dudes I forgot about.