Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ignite Memories posted:

The dash screen should just open up a youtube "how to replace your headlight" video
no matter what the problem is. And it should pick the most obnoxious one.

HEYYYYYYYYYYY YOUTUBEEEEEE today I'M gonna show YOU how to replace your HEADLIGHTS

Be sure to smash like and subscribe and hit that bell icon! *obnoxious intro starts*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Data Graham posted:

Love how car dashboards have high-resolution LCD screens now that can show as much arbitrary info as they want to but still refuse to break away from the "single idiot light LED with a dictionary of secret codes that can only be read by a diagnostic device and map to readable problem diagnoses", I guess to protect the dealer mechanic network

Turn your key to on 3 times fast. You probably get some codes where your mileage displays!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/tia_gilles/status/1029862201753055232

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Data Graham posted:

Love how car dashboards have high-resolution LCD screens now that can show as much arbitrary info as they want to but still refuse to break away from the "single idiot light LED with a dictionary of secret codes that can only be read by a diagnostic device and map to readable problem diagnoses", I guess to protect the dealer mechanic network

Contrary to that, you have Mercedes whose dash tells you exactly what is wrong, but you have to go to the dealer to get it fixed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Memento posted:

I started singing this to the tune of Big Enough by Kirin J Callinan and it worked pretty well until the end.

This is kind of not true. A check engine light can also mean "I've just poo poo out all my oil and you need to do something about it RIGHT THE gently caress NOW or you're not going to have a car anymore"

Anyway, funny picture

So what's Kinnikuman?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My Opel Omega from the early 2000s would tell you exactly what's wrong on a dot-matrix LCD display too. It's pretty sweet - your pads are worn out, your brake indicator bulb is out, washer fluid is low, etc. Never had a CEL though so I don't know if it would show like misfire on cyl 3 or whatever. E: looks like this:

Well that's my funny story.

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 17:37 on Aug 17, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

:weed:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

My Opel Omega from the early 2000s would tell you exactly what's wrong on a dot-matrix LCD display too. It's pretty sweet - your pads are worn out, your brake indicator bulb is out, washer fluid is low, etc. Never had a CEL though so I don't know if it would show like misfire on cyl 3 or whatever. E: looks like this:

Voted 5 for KROKODYL

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's more to not be relying on another piece of equipment that can fail too to get your diagnostic. It's always been like that with many electronics and I think it's good practice

But half the fun of the vaguely threatening warning lights is going to pay for the diagnostic and nothing showing up!

"Just keep driving it until it breaks. Then we'll probably know what's wrong with it. That'll be $200, please."

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Jamesman posted:

But half the fun of the vaguely threatening warning lights is going to pay for the diagnostic and nothing showing up!

"Just keep driving it until it breaks. Then we'll probably know what's wrong with it. That'll be $200, please."

I remember this scene from 2001, it won’t end well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is very awesome.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

In awe at the size of that dogge. Absolute unit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I always wanted to enter the Kinetic Sculpture Race with a bicycle covered with like missiles and bombs and swords and things and call it the Cycle of Violence

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Wrestling fans don't have massive blind spots when it comes to their thing & inappropriately bring up wrestling and how it has a great example of progressive views on X real world issue in mixed company, accidentally outing themselves as massive perverts\weirdos in the process.

ANIME
1: feminism intersects with leftist politics in many fundamental-
2: DID YOU SAY FEMINISM? One of my newest intellectual repasts, "Oh! My Feral Princess" has some rather interesting things to say on the subject, with the titular princesses themselves being paragons of female power.
1: *googles it* so wait, the men turn the women into dogs with dick shaped wands, then let them be human once a week if they do their bidding? And they have sex with the women dogs?
2: Yes... well, it IS a complex narrative...

WRESTLING
1: I like headlocks
2: I also like headlocks
3: feminism intersects with leftist politics in many-
1: woah, wait, we were talking about headlocks
2: yeah, not that other thing
3: oh, sorry
1: s'cool
2: yeah, s'fine

Anime is media veganism, vis a vis not being able to shut the gently caress up about it, except most vegans don't accidentally come off as pedophiles.

E: I hope this short presentation has changed your mind, picture on the internet.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

Wrestling fans don't have massive blind spots when it comes to their thing & inappropriately bring up wrestling and how it has a great example of progressive views on X real world issue in mixed company, accidentally outing themselves as massive perverts\weirdos in the process.

ANIME
2: DID YOU SAY FEMINISM? One of my newest intellectual repasts, "Oh! My Feral Princess" has some rather interesting things to say on the subject, with the titular princesses themselves being paragons of female power.
1: *googles it* so wait, the men turn the women into dogs with dick shaped wands, then let them be human once a week if they do their bidding? And they have sex with the women dogs?

WRESTLING

Anime is media veganism, vis a vis not being able to shut the gently caress up about it, except most vegans don't accidentally come off as pedophiles.

E: I hope this short presentation has changed your mind, picture on the internet.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

ANIME

This isn’t a real thing though, right? Please don’t let this be a real thing and/or anecdote.

I’m not googling it. I’m never googling it. I’m just going to pretend I’m correct.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I read it. It was accurate, and I think the photo’s mind has been changed.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

burial posted:

This isn’t a real thing though, right? Please don’t let this be a real thing and/or anecdote.

I’m not googling it. I’m never googling it. I’m just going to pretend I’m correct.

made it up because my profession allows me no creative outlets, so I bother people on the internet instead.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ANIME

WRESTLING

Oh, if you only knew my roommate from college. He'd bring wrestling into every conversation, because he was so dumb that he thought his obsession intersected with everything. At one point he thought wrestling invented the term "clusterfuck" because it was used in his wrestling forums regularly.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's something weird about those people who can't hear the word anime without going into a tirade about how much they hate anime.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

This was inevitable once sushi burritos were unleashed on the world. Next, sushi chicken marsala.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's something weird about those people who can't hear the word anime without going into a tirade about how much they hate anime.

Shouldn't you be busy posting a picture of a fence post with absolutely no context attributed?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

made it up because my profession allows me no creative outlets, so I bother people on the internet instead.

You're my kind of guy did I ever tell you that?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shouldn't you be busy posting a picture of a fence post with absolutely no context attributed?

I'm just saying dude. You're very passionate about expressing how much you hate anime

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm just saying dude. You're very passionate about expressing how much you hate anime

*raises eyebrow Dreamworksishly* Heh, maybe I just hate the Japanese, kid. Ever think about that?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

This belongs in the other thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865884

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Barry Bluejeans posted:

This was inevitable once sushi burritos were unleashed on the world. Next, sushi chicken marsala.

Unless sushi burritos were a thing somewhere else before the recent fad sushi pizza is much older.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

You're my kind of guy did I ever tell you that?

:3

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's an amalgamation of two different animes, but you were really close. Suspiciously close, in fact. Hm...

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Spirit bomb got me high af.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

PYF Funny Pictures 2.0: It's funny because he's the president

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LifeSunDeath posted:

Spirit bomb got me high af.

The Danky Dama is a move I can get behind because it means everyone donating a little bit of their weed in order to fight a great evil. We're all in this together.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Paladinus posted:

It's an amalgamation of two different animes, but you were really close. Suspiciously close, in fact. Hm...

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Nobody would need to complain about anime if it stayed quarantined within ADTRW.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The only thing more annoying than a vocal vegan is that one guy who stands up and loudly declares "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T EAT MEAT!!! I EAT SIXTEEN STEAKS A DAY BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

In my experience someone just has to say "I'm vegan" to be labelled militant.

Riffing on vegans is about the laziest possible humour.

E:

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Aug 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

The General posted:

The only thing more annoying than a vocal vegan is that one guy who stands up and loudly declares "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T EAT MEAT!!! I EAT SIXTEEN STEAKS A DAY BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!"

It's worse when they bring up bacon due to the bacon hysteria of the last decade.