Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

CheesyDog posted:

Wow two weeks and no results!?

I was pretty skeptical of my ability to stay on it long-term after 2 weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Inept posted:

what were your cholesterol levels

Cholesterol doesn’t work like that

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

tino posted:

Why is cheese the exception?

its not really an exception other than it can store thermal energy really well and introduces that into your system.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Just want to drop by and say thank you to the goon who mentioned air fryer. Even the first time home fries and pork ribs we made tasted loving good.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I don't remember. mainly I was concerned about hemoglobin a1c which was in the pre-diabetic range, that was the motivation for getting on keto

Insulin stops being able to function correctly due to high amounts of fat in the blood stream.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

tino posted:

Just want to drop by and say thank you to the goon who mentioned air fryer. Even the first time home fries and pork ribs we made tasted loving good.

Which one did you buy?

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Piggy Smalls posted:

Which one did you buy?

Black and Decker 2L

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

I think things are genuinely slowing down now or i hosed up without realizing, ive gone up 1lb over the last 4 days apparently but ive still been under 2000 calories per day.
I guess its variance and will smooth out given a longer time but it stings a little to not see any progress for the first time since i started.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hot drat intermittent fasting is working well for me. down to about 183 and I am legit looking almost lean when I look in the mirror. by the time I get back from my hiking trip in September I hope to be at about 175 with no love handles. hooray!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Kullik posted:

I think things are genuinely slowing down now or i hosed up without realizing, ive gone up 1lb over the last 4 days apparently but ive still been under 2000 calories per day.
I guess its variance and will smooth out given a longer time but it stings a little to not see any progress for the first time since i started.

4 days is nothing, 1lb is nothing, don't sweat it. Water retention can cause you to stay roughly the same for WEEKS even if you are losing fat in that time

https://leangains.com/how-to-deal-with-water-retention-part-one/

To be frank though, the common idea that a person should have a static weight is silly anyway, I'm firmly in maintenance and my weight varies multiple pounds in the course of a day and can be different by several lbs even at the same time each day.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

This whole week I was at 148, 2 pounds higher than my last drop, and then this morning I weighed in at 145.

Reading that article it's actually pretty interesting because the last 2 or 3 days I've eaten more than my standard 1500 calorie allotment and yesterday I peed a lot, so of course I'd be losing water weight.

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 17, 2018

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

runupon cracker posted:

This is going to sound crazy, but if you're losing a significant amount you *will* have people get upset about you losing weight at all. Some people may even try to sabotage you by bombarding you with horrible advice/constantly challenging your diet/bringing sweets "for everybody!" (you) to the office, etc.

Everyone I know's been supportive so I guess I'm lucky there but I've noticed people tend to deflate when my magical secret is "counting my calories".

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

ThingOne posted:

Everyone I know's been supportive so I guess I'm lucky there but I've noticed people tend to deflate when my magical secret is "counting my calories".

Tell them you are on "Spartan Potato Diet."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tell them you have a colonoscopy every week.

E: I forgot some rear end idiots actually do consider emptying their bowels if not good for weight loss at least somehow healthy.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 17, 2018

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ThingOne posted:

Of course people dont wanna hear they have to put some actual effort in it.
Whats next, tell them to move their asses?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Kullik posted:

I lost 6 pounds in 1 day after my weight being static for a week. 1 pound of fat is 3500 calories. I didn't burn 21000 calories. gently caress weighing yourself everyday.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 17, 2018

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

ThingOne posted:

I've had a handful of *doctors* ask me what I did, and I'm never sure exactly how to respond.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Had the stomach flu the last 3 days and lost 6 pounds. Wasn’t a fun way to lose weight.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
I am a data nerd so a while back I committed to weighing myself multiple times a day for a month straight, logging the time of day and my weight in a spreadsheet. Now when I get paranoid by my weight fluctuating by a pound or two, and I feel like I’m not losing anything, it’s comforting to be able to look back at the data and see that it’s normal for me fluctuate by as much as 5 pounds in the course of a single day. As long as the numbers are trending down overall, I’m good.

This project is also fun because you can log your weight before and after massive meals/hydration sessions, and before and after massive dumps.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I just let the Samsung Health app log the weight from the Xiaomi scale and it will display daily or weekly average weight.

I have to manually delete some of the data points because the app doesn't know I was weighting myself with my baby.

IME weighting multiple times is more accurate, just turn off notification so you don't looking at it all the time.

tino fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 17, 2018

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jerry Cotton posted:

Tell them you have a colonoscopy every week.

E: I forgot some rear end idiots actually do consider emptying their bowels if not good for weight loss at least somehow healthy.

It is, I do it every day by eating a salad.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
the next level of measuring fat loss without a scale is putting your old clothes in the closet from newest to oldest and the goal is to get to the oldest outfit. When you fit in your high school jeans you win. When they're loose you beat the DLC.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blaise330 posted:

the next level of measuring fat loss without a scale is putting your old clothes in the closet from newest to oldest and the goal is to get to the oldest outfit. When you fit in your high school jeans you win. When they're loose you beat the DLC.

this only works if you were skinny in high school

i was a fat piece of poo poo in high school, i wore w42+ pants

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

meet girls at the store posted:

I am a data nerd so a while back I committed to weighing myself multiple times a day for a month straight, logging the time of day and my weight in a spreadsheet. Now when I get paranoid by my weight fluctuating by a pound or two, and I feel like I’m not losing anything, it’s comforting to be able to look back at the data and see that it’s normal for me fluctuate by as much as 5 pounds in the course of a single day. As long as the numbers are trending down overall, I’m good.

This project is also fun because you can log your weight before and after massive meals/hydration sessions, and before and after massive dumps.

Ok so what’s the most you’ve lost from a single dump?

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blaise330 posted:

That's a great post.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

Does diarrhea from thinking i could digest uncooked kale count? Cause hoo boy, people who joke about mcdonalds and taco bell giving you the runs are only fearing a season 1 villain. That raw kale turned me inside out.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

3 year low on my weight this morning boys, we're doing it

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

2.3 pounds

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

But this includes the piss, right?
I mean you didnt poo poo on a scale, right?

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Is eating pickles bad for a diet?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oscar Wild posted:

It is, I do it every day by eating a salad.

Empty as in empty (which is required for a good colonoscopy), not empty as in with no poo in it.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Piggy Smalls posted:

pickles are salt and fermentation so not really unless you are trying to watch sodium

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
Weighed in at 199 for the first time since like, 2013. :hellyeah:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

But this includes the piss, right?
I mean you didnt poo poo on a scale, right?

Oh you should totally weigh your balls right before and after taking a big piss so we can finally confirm that pee is, indeed, stored in the balls.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Piggy Smalls posted:

hell no

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Vlonald Prump posted:

:golfclap::woop:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vlonald Prump posted:

Ah man, the joy of seeing that first number change. People over 300 losing weight got it good, they get to see that happen twice.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
My scale briefly displayed 159.9 yesterday. But when I picked up my phone and tried to capture this historic moment, it went back to 160.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

tino posted:

My scale briefly displayed 159.9 yesterday. But when I picked up my phone and tried to capture this historic moment, it went back to 160.

Give up on the diet, you just can't lose weight. Some people are just born lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Is there a reliable estimate on how weight loss affects shoe sizes? I need to buy new dress shoes (and want to buy new boots) and it would royally suck if I spend for quality and then those shoes won't fit in half a year or so.