Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

The alt text is displayed in the Copy/Save context menu you get if you long press the image.

Maybe if you're on an Android phone, doesn't do that for an iPhone.

EDIT: Oh wait, it does. Just the latest page (book cover) doesn't have it. Good to know!

IUG fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Is this the first time we've seen what Alisson's fully formed halo looks like?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

IUG posted:

Maybe if you're on an Android phone, doesn't do that for an iPhone.

EDIT: Oh wait, it does. Just the latest page (book cover) doesn't have it. Good to know!

I forgot how small Yre is on the outside

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

pseudorandom name posted:

The alt text is displayed in the Copy/Save context menu you get if you long press the image.

Works for K6BD, but doesn't for comics where the comic itself is a link to the next page, like SMBC. It's really annoying.

And then there's Oglaf, which has two jokes, one in the image alt-text and one in the image title-text, so depends on the browser.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Aug 17, 2018

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

IUG posted:

I don't know if Paranatural uses Word Press, but I wish that K6BD would just so that I can read the mouseover text on my phone/tablet.

Long press on the comic for the alt-text, I know it at least works on Android.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
King of Swords!

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

cant wait for that one panel of this arc which will undoubtedly contain the all-time smuggest possible portrayal of solomon david

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

yessssss

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

cant wait for that one panel of this arc which will undoubtedly contain the all-time smuggest possible portrayal of solomon david

:smugdog:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Hell yeah it's time for magical death bureaucracy

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Looking forward to how Allison is going to Royalty her way to a even more impressive beard than Solomon.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I swear, that beard is somehow more impressive every time Abbadon draws it. The Mesopotamian king look really works for him.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

"deus pater"

I get it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Why do his nipples look like they were just drawn on as an afterthought?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
look he doesn't have time to worry about how his nips look when he's running 1111111 universes

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Nipples aren't efficient enough for Solomon David so he's downsized his, both literally and figuratively.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

PMush Perfect posted:

Why do his nipples look like they were just drawn on as an afterthought?

The pecs of His August Celestial Majesty are so incredible that they distort the perceptions of lesser beings.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well, gently caress.

Ciocie Cioelle.

Pronounce every vowel and you get C-O-C-A C-O-L-A

Did you people know this and decide to hide it from me? Were you trying to protect me?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Bongo Bill posted:

Well, gently caress.

Ciocie Cioelle.

Did you people know this and decide to hide it from me? Were you trying to protect me?

it's come up in this very thread at least twice

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Good, at least I'm not alone.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I like how he's roughly the same size of everyone else in the big scene (just buffer) but when the 'camera' zooms in on him, it does so from a low angle in order to make him seem massive and godly. It's probably a good representation of how his councilors feel when they look at him, even if objectively he's not looming over them.

I wonder how many of these people are distantly related to him? Operant did mention on his tumblr (I think) that Solomon David's family was why he joined the war, and if he had a good relationship with them and there were survivors I imagine he'd want them cared for down the generations. The right hand guy in the lowest inset panel also has, like, SD's exact nose.

EDIT: Solomon David, my man, I can't help but notice all your advisers seem to be men.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

PetraCore posted:

EDIT: Solomon David, my man, I can't help but notice all your advisers seem to be men.

Size of your beard determines seniority on the council.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm glad Solomon is still Lookin' Good and Feelin' Fine.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

PetraCore posted:

I don't know what it says about me that I assumed the advisor on the left in the fourth panel, the one with White Chain's haircut, was a woman, despite the beard.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Aurium posted:

Size of your beard determines seniority on the council.
Just pull a Hapshepsut and wear a packer.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Swolegamesh

Hammurabae

Phwoargon of Akkad

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Operate I loving swear if you don't redraw those nipples...

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

PetraCore posted:

Just pull a Hapshepsut and wear a packer.

I hope there's a bustling market for giant fake beards, like powdered wigs

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Ashcans posted:

I hope there's a bustling market for giant fake beards, like powdered wigs
The expensive ones use real human hair (from the scalp), oiled to perfection.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I like how their circlets are made to resemble his crown.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Actually on a second look the right guy in the lowest inset panel is like, a dead ringer for Solomon David period, just minus the whole divine glory and perpetual peak-of-health deal. I'm willing to bet he's not a distant relative at all.

Solomon David are you still having kids?

EDIT: Hair plugs but for your chin.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I can't even connect to the site, extremely jelly

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Bongo Bill posted:

Well, gently caress.

Ciocie Cioelle.

Hover your mouse over this page and Be Enlightened

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Xarbala posted:

I can't even connect to the site, extremely jelly

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1030550574100566016/photo/1

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ty

also I concur re: solomon's wandering nipples

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

Swolegamesh

Hammurabae

Phwoargon of Akkad

Nebu-chad-nezzar

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Love that Solomon's thing is being Greek as hell. Also super austere compared to pretty much everything else we've seen.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

If I had to live in the k6bd verse and I couldn't pick a world that hadn't been bent to rule yet I'd probably live in one of Solomon's, but that's mostly because the alternatives seem like they're super bad. A commitment to justice is only a good thing if the laws really are just... and even then, it depends on what kind of justice you're talking about, and I bet Solomon David isn't into rehabilitative justice given the story we've heard.

Phy posted:

Nebu-chad-nezzar
EnkiDILF

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

PetraCore posted:

If I had to live in the k6bd verse and I couldn't pick a world that hadn't been bent to rule yet I'd probably live in one of Solomon's, but that's mostly because the alternatives seem like they're super bad. A commitment to justice is only a good thing if the laws really are just... and even then, it depends on what kind of justice you're talking about, and I bet Solomon David isn't into rehabilitative justice given the story we've heard.

based on how extreme his justice apparently is, I'm looking forward to see who it is that like, does the beheading when you are late on your taxes. there's a whole lot of justice to dispense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Love that Solomon's thing is being Greek as hell. Also super austere compared to pretty much everything else we've seen.

I've said it two or three times already I think, but Solomon David looks statuesque in more ways than one almost every time he appears. He looks like he's posing in nearly every panel he's in.