Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You wouldn't actually need the old serial number, just your new one. That would be funny though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty sure Jivjov has a phone like this:

Except it goes directly to Nintendo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Waltzing Along posted:

Club Nintendo had some good prizes

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

My dude, you can save numbers in a phone's address book function. You don't even need a fancy smartphone for it

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zat posted:

Yep, there's absolutely no online sharing in the 3DS version.

It's usually only recommended as a portable Mario Maker Player, and even then with caveats; you can't enter specific level codes or bookmark levels, only play random ones.

its a good game, for me to poop on. no online really is baffling

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

My daughter's original 2ds is running low on space. It uses a regular SD card, only, right? Could I use a microsd in an adapter? I think she has the original 1 or 2 gigabyte SD card in there now. Can anyone suggest an upgrade that would work? Even 8 gigs would be more than enough, I'm sure. I'm not looking to fill this up with a big library.

Thanks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It should work fine once it’s formatted for the system. Then just use a computer and transfer all the contents of the old sd to the new one and you won’t lose anything.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Thanks. I ended up picking up a 16 gig SanDisk one on Amazon for under $10. Hopefully that works.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
WarioWare Gold is great and fun and drat it's been far too long since I've had a new WarioWare.

Can't wait to try using the studio to dub cutscenes into my own language (and others out there are probably already using it for gag dubs).

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Can't wait to do this in WarioWare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6H2-ycEJsY

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Haven't played WarioWare for so long, so I actually forgot that Mona is into Wario for some reason.

My favorite characters remain the Volts, and the Nintendo genre microgames remain my favorite Microgame genre as well.

Though, I think my absolute favorite stage in this game is 18-Volt's stage. Rap Battles & the Boss microgame from Twisted that I never got to play (because it was never released over here) yo!

Also, the voice acting loving owns! Charles Martinet is having the time of his life voicing everyone's favorite corporate scammer and the rest are pretty good too.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Is there a guide out there (non youtube) that shows how to replace the top screen of a NEW 3DS XL? Not the old 3ds xl. Not the entire top half, just swap the screens. Hell, I don't even know how to take out those little squares covering the top screen.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Is there a guide out there (non youtube) that shows how to replace the top screen of a NEW 3DS XL? Not the old 3ds xl. Not the entire top half, just swap the screens. Hell, I don't even know how to take out those little squares covering the top screen.

X-Acto knife or other razor like implement or even tweezers. Slide the blade in under the stickers and peel carefully off.

iFixit is the only place I’m aware of that has the closest thing you want. No actual top screen replacement guide but you should be able to use the teardown to have an idea. I’ll say this though be absolutely loving sure when you’re disconnecting ribbon cables from the mainboard. Nintendo decided to use both sliding pressure and latching clips. If you break the pressure clip then you’re done.

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Nintendo_3DS_XL_2015

Mainboard replacement guide will point out which ones are sliding and latching.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Motherboard+Replacement/41361

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 15, 2018

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/1029721964406038532

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is this the one that’s like a mix of all the older ones together?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is this the one that’s like a mix of all the older ones together?

Yes.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it's also probably the last etrian odyssey as we currently know the series. rip

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

absolutely anything posted:

it's also probably the last etrian odyssey as we currently know the series. rip

It's the last Etrian Odyssey entry for the 3DS (RIP EO3U), but not the last entry for the series. They're already working on the next installment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0T_zIR9m60

(SQ is the abbreviation for Etrian Odyssey in Japan.)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Totally in for this. Love love love this series.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I’m currently playing through the series in sequential order, and 1 and 2 were fun adventures, if a little barebones, but 3 abruptly became such a punch in the dick like halfway through that I’m tempted to drop it and skip to 4, which I hear is all around a much better game.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I’m currently playing through the series in sequential order, and 1 and 2 were fun adventures, if a little barebones, but 3 abruptly became such a punch in the dick like halfway through that I’m tempted to drop it and skip to 4, which I hear is all around a much better game.

3 is more enjoyable if you accidentally find some of the broken party options (or copy them from people who figured them out before you) but 4 probably has the best balance in the series as far as being able to succeed with any combination of party members and skills as long as you use what you have intelligently.

In before theshim quotes me and replies with some manic combination of emotes

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
My brain keeps reading it as “Eritrean Odyessy”, which would be, uh, very different for sure.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
If I have never cared about playing any Harvest Moon game, should I bother with Rune Factory 4? I've got a sealed copy and don't know where I should bust it open or just sell it as is for something else.

Add me to the Wario Ware Gold is great train! I'm surprised how it doesn't feel like a retread even though a lot of micro games are reused from previous games (as they do quite often in the series). Maybe its the redrawn graphics?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
rune factory 4 is great terrible because you can't marry the dragon

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Turbinosamente posted:

If I have never cared about playing any Harvest Moon game, should I bother with Rune Factory 4? I've got a sealed copy and don't know where I should bust it open or just sell it as is for something else.

Add me to the Wario Ware Gold is great train! I'm surprised how it doesn't feel like a retread even though a lot of micro games are reused from previous games (as they do quite often in the series). Maybe its the redrawn graphics?

Redrawn graphics. Some deliberate differences between old game and new game (different visuals to fit a new genre or for the heck of it, or a different control scheme). Voice acting (and pretty stellar VAing too). Various souvenirs that give us everything from minigames to music to phone calls & cards giving us lore for the characters or even the microgames themselves. Wario being an actual villain again. Microgame Challenges ranging from the old ones to some recent ones like Gamer or even newer ones like Split-Screen. Wario Kard... There's a lot to love in this one.

Incidentally, I love that they use the old WarioWare victory tunes. The feels I got when I cleared my first Boss Microgame in Gold and I hear the old WarioWare Boss Clear music... :3:

Also, Mona's new costume design. Still very new and indicative of how it's a new game with her in a new role, but it takes a lot of design cues from the original Mona design. :3:

Oh, and the Volt levels keep being the best!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s a shame that this is probably the last WarioWare game for a long time. Just imagine what they could do with one on Switch with HD rumble, docking and undocking, etc.:allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s a shame that this is probably the last WarioWare game for a long time. Just imagine what they could do with one on Switch with HD rumble, docking and undocking, etc.:allears:

I'm still blown away with how they handled the Wiimote in Smooth Moves.

Seeing what they could with the Switch would be amazing.

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!

Turbinosamente posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I think you can get away with very little farming if you are just wanting to play through the story arcs. I love RF4 but I'm also a fan of the older harvest moon games. This game has pretty enjoyable story, crafting, and combat layered on top of the typical harvest moon stuff, but if you have absolutely zero desire to play a harvest moon game then you might be better off just not playing this. Farming definitely ties in to a lot of the game's other mechanics, and can be quite time intensive if that's the route you'd like to take.

It's not a perfect game by any means and it's a little bit too anime for me at times but I think the good stuff out weighs the bad by a lot, personally.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Agreed. It's a series that is probably gonna be sit on and not be done much with in the future, which is sad since we'll be forced to watch it fall into obscurity. :(

Since there's been some WarioWare talk today, how about an Honest Game Trailer for it?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Folt The Bolt posted:

lore for the characters or even the microgames themselves.

Thank gently caress

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SeANMcBAY posted:

docking undocking based minigames seem like the worst thing, how do you that if you're not at home

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Sudden Javelin posted:

Thank gently caress

It's every bit as silly as the series is so don't worry. Like the hand in the needle threading game and toast catching game belonging to a hand model called Mr. Handerson but a finger actor of HIS caliber sticking his fingers up a nose? Well, I never!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Mormon Mother posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I think you can get away with very little farming if you are just wanting to play through the story arcs. I love RF4 but I'm also a fan of the older harvest moon games. This game has pretty enjoyable story, crafting, and combat layered on top of the typical harvest moon stuff, but if you have absolutely zero desire to play a harvest moon game then you might be better off just not playing this. Farming definitely ties in to a lot of the game's other mechanics, and can be quite time intensive if that's the route you'd like to take.

It's not a perfect game by any means and it's a little bit too anime for me at times but I think the good stuff out weighs the bad by a lot, personally.

Yeah that's the thing right there, I've never had any desire to play Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley. I guess I prefer my life sims to be more of the Animal Crossing variety. To be honest I bought it because I thought the dungeons would balance out the farming. I've tried looking at reviews but nobody really discusses if the dungeon exploring is good, most just say "best Rune Factory Evaaar !!!!11!!" and don't really explain why.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Turbinosamente posted:

Yeah that's the thing right there, I've never had any desire to play Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley. I guess I prefer my life sims to be more of the Animal Crossing variety. To be honest I bought it because I thought the dungeons would balance out the farming. I've tried looking at reviews but nobody really discusses if the dungeon exploring is good, most just say "best Rune Factory Evaaar !!!!11!!" and don't really explain why.

I never farm in these games outside some very specific quests and it works fine. They also have a pretty deep crafting system that can help break the game if you want to go that way but you can also completely ignore it by just finding better weapons and out-leveling everything. Your choice.

BUT, I wouldn't get it if you don't like the friend/relationship system, the NPCs make these games.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They will make a Switch WarioWare

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spellman posted:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US dudes, Sushi Striker for <$20: https://www.amazon.com/Sushi-Striker-Way-Sushido-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B07BC32F56

If you wait another week or two it'll probably be even cheaper.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Spellman posted:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Finally, Game & Wario 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Speaking of WarioWare, the Accolades Trailer is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfA50uMFaGA