Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/962068735832899586?lang=en

remember when this idiot did not realize that the black panther was a documentary and the events were filmed in real time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Owlbear Camus posted:

remember when this idiot did not realize that the black panther was a documentary and the events were filmed in real time?

He probably flew over Wakanda and yelled, "See? No Wakanda, it's just a bunch of people herding sheep on some grassy hills!" and unfortunately he didn't try to fly his helicopter straight into one of those hills to see past their imaging technology.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Hellsau posted:

He probably flew over Wakanda and yelled, "See? No Wakanda, it's just a bunch of people herding sheep on some grassy hills!" and unfortunately he didn't try to fly his helicopter straight into one of those hills to see past their imaging technology.

gottem dude

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Hellsau posted:

Naw, these kinds of assholes get really mad when women or other "not them" peoples happen to share, or as they would put it, "invade" their hobbies. There's a whole bunch of Magic: The Gathering dudes absolutely furious at women for playing card games, and all those dudes mad about "fake geek girls" are in the same boat.

I have a friend that really adamant that Games Workshop shouldn't market to women/non-whites since it's wasted money since women/non-whites aren't into the hobby. I try pointing out that with the community that we have now, getting new people in couldn't possibly make it worse.

I will say that some of the marketing could be better, like the Roll Models comic being actually funny.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wasn't that one of those things like with Fury Road where it turns out to be literally about a dozen people and one blog no one's ever heard of?

I think that was that fuckwit Roosh or whatever (where is he now?) crying about how Furiosa giving orders to Max Rockatansky ruins a quintessentially American film series.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
See? No, Wakanda

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Owlbear Camus posted:

He's so close to realising the point. So loving close.

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

Vagabundo posted:

I think that was that fuckwit Roosh or whatever (where is he now?) crying about how Furiosa giving orders to Max Rockatansky ruins a quintessentially American film series.

There were also all those nerd tears about how George Miller had waltzed in and rebooted Mad Max into a cuck feminist travesty, he had no right, he was totally disrespecting and misunderstanding the previous films made by... *checks notes* George Miller.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

JcDent posted:

I have a friend that really adamant that Games Workshop shouldn't market to women/non-whites since it's wasted money since women/non-whites aren't into the hobby. I try pointing out that with the community that we have now, getting new people in couldn't possibly make it worse.

I will say that some of the marketing could be better, like the Roll Models comic being actually funny.

I have a huge soft spot for GW's stuff (not really the company but they seem to be getting better) but you have to admit their settings definitely appeal to a certain terrible kind of person

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I might be lucky but my experience at least with M:tG is of nearly universal acceptance. I played with the biggest group of Magic players in one of the 5 biggest cities in the US for a decade and the only sexism we ever saw was immediately discouraged. Women and people of color and queer/gender fluid people flocked to gaming especially over the last 5 years and the sexism seemed relegated to extremely online types.

I moved down to the Deep South but even last night my first round opponent was transgender and they whooped my rear end and everyone was just like “yeah So & So is really good and she’s been playing forever.” .

TL:DR I’ve been playing Magic for 15 years and only ever seen people with lovely attitudes online and never IRL from someone over the age of 15.

Caveat: In 20 years of nerd gaming I have never seen a women play Warhammer ever.

Also LoL at the classic Ben Shapiro “I’m gonna destroy this leftist by making a point that absolutely no one needs clarified” dude has literally never won an argument in his life.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i think they've given up on getting mad at fury road and black panther because those were good movies, and went back to getting super duper mad at the last jedi, which wasnt great

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Bust Rodd posted:

Also LoL at the classic Ben Shapiro “I’m gonna destroy this leftist by making a point that absolutely no one needs clarified” dude has literally never won an argument in his life.
Are you sure because on the website he owns there are tons of examples of DESTROYING a feminist using LOGIC

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Case in point these loving cunts trying to tank Black Panther, because wacist cwybaby doesn't want nig-nig to have punchee-kickee moovee with a nig-nig hewo.

Let's put it this way, if your favoured media happens to feature a prominent character that is anything other than a white, heterosexual male, and your reaction is any more negative in than "oh, I guess that's a thing now," you're probably a bigoted oval office. Prove me wrong.

Your heart is totally in the right place but holy poo poo is this a loving awful post

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Don't mistake capitalism considering your struggle quaint and trendy enough to attempt to combine with one of their money machines for anything resembling actual progress on said struggle.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Owlbear Camus posted:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Are you sure because on the website he owns there are tons of examples of DESTROYING a feminist using LOGIC

Ben Shapiro DESTROYS stepsister college student feminist with his rock-hard LOGIC brutal pounding and ramming OF LOGIC into tight brain + logical argument on face finish 13 mins. $12.99 HD

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Zelder posted:

Your heart is totally in the right place but holy poo poo is this a loving awful post

Yeah it’s weird to be so adamantly anti-racist while hurling sexist and racist epithets, seems extremely online to me.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1030461019640999936

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dongicus posted:

Case in point these loving cunts trying to tank Black Panther, because wacist cwybaby doesn't want nig-nig to have punchee-kickee moovee with a nig-nig hewo.

didn't a bunch try to co-opt after is started making bank. like "its trumpian movie" or some poo poo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didn't a bunch try to co-opt after is started making bank. like "its trumpian movie" or some poo poo.

Trying to claim it claims ethnostates are good, basically.

The funny part is a lot of leftists don't like how a CIA agent is the funny comic relief ally to the leaders of an African nation.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Black Panther: Please, my CIA friend, use this drone to kill my citizens.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT posted:

There were also all those nerd tears about how George Miller had waltzed in and rebooted Mad Max into a cuck feminist travesty, he had no right, he was totally disrespecting and misunderstanding the previous films made by... *checks notes* George Miller.

I'm so mad about how Max is just there helping people whose conflict is the main plot! He's like some nameless quiet drifter now?? What ever happened to the classic verbose personal plot driven Max of the Road Warrior???
No, I've never seen the Road Warrior why do you ask?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Trying to claim it claims ethnostates are good, basically.

The funny part is a lot of leftists don't like how a CIA agent is the funny comic relief ally to the leaders of an African nation.

sad thing is i still havent seen it yet.

Grape posted:

I'm so mad about how Max is just there helping people whose conflict is the main plot! He's like some nameless quiet drifter now?? What ever happened to the classic verbose personal plot driven Max of the Road Warrior???
No, I've never seen the Road Warrior why do you ask?

pretty much, max outside the first one, has always kinda been a side central character/window into the world, rather then a big arnold type. its kinda like how everyone got mad at the new godzilla movie focusing on dumb human poo poo and only have 20 min of godzilla. all the toho/japanese made movies were like that too.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
https://twitter.com/seneca/status/1030086557770948609

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The difference is that Mad Max: Fury Road was a great movie the entire time and that Black Panther was a good movie for an hour and a half and then it became a really weird bad movie about ethno-nationalism

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

The difference is that Mad Max: Fury Road was a great movie the entire time and that Black Panther was a good movie for an hour and a half and then it became a really weird bad movie about ethno-nationalism

lol

What a take

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Black Panther was an OK at best movie, with an antagonist more charming than the protag (and probably more right).

As Tony Stark is obnoxious, so is Black Panther dude is bland.

Fury Road was a fukken great movie and I hate that I'm impressionable enought that I allowed the nerds on the net taint it with "feminism!!1!"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I am not a movie person generally and I mostly don't like hyperviolent stuff and loved every fuckin second of Fury Road.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

JcDent posted:

Black Panther was an OK at best movie, with an antagonist more charming than the protag (and probably more right).

Fury Road was a fukken great movie and I hate that I'm impressionable enought that I allowed the nerds on the net taint it with "feminism!!1!"
BP did the Burton thing where the Villain kind of overshadows everyone.

I finally saw FR and wondered why the chrome version was made because holy gently caress is that a sumptuous film.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1030884479051673600

Holy poo poo this gets really bad at the end

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder why the hell I'm blocked by Vic Berger. But holy poo poo that video is bad. That's loving child abuse at the end.

There's like a handful of people that I've never interacted with to my knowledge that I find have blocked me.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

whoa what the gently caress

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1030896980137000963

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jesus. I knew this guy was degenerate trash in a "lol daffy duck sounding chud" abstract way but what a child neglecting/abusing piece of poo poo

This is legit upsetting.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

honestly I hope that's just an edit made in poor taste by Vic and not an actual baby being abused

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Owlbear Camus posted:

Jesus. I knew this guy was degenerate trash in a "lol daffy duck sounding chud" abstract way but what a child neglecting/abusing piece of poo poo

This is legit upsetting.
Could this be like, used against him in a legal sense?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

PetraCore posted:

Could this be like, used against him in a legal sense?

It could probably be used against his wife if Weird Mike needs more alimony payments.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
alex jones got banned from tumblr

nobody even knew he was on tumblr

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
The funniest thing about all the insane levels of Alex Jones getting owned lately, is that this is all preceding the actual results of all those lawsuits.
So he's getting led down the locker room guantlet, getting his bare rear end slapped by towels from each and every member of the social media football team (except waterboy twitter).
And at the end of the gauntlet he'll be shoved naked out onto the gym floor just in time for the pep rally to begin and brutally pelt him with successful multi-million dollar suits.

Grape has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Aug 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Tetracube posted:

alex jones got banned from tumblr

nobody even knew he was on tumblr

lol