Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I just barely managed to sneak thru a lvl50 bandit base to get the final diagrams for my grandmaster armor. I was just rummaging thru some poo poo behind an illusory wall like I've done a hundred times before, but when I turned around there were 6 dogs and 10 guys crammed in the hallway behind me. I roasted their asses like a bitch of a fire and portal'd my rear end outta there before more showed up.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lvl41 btw.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

how do you feel about b&w so far? i was constantly wow'd by it. every drat question mark on the map was something really cool

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I finally started Witcher 1 last night. Obvs the game is old so I knew it would be a little janky and awkward, but lmao I had no idea the combat is basically just a rhythm game ???

Digging it so far but lol is the combat awkward as hell with any of the 3 camera options.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

how do you feel about b&w so far? i was constantly wow'd by it. every drat question mark on the map was something really cool

it's really good so far, i ran into a werewolf shortly after escaping with my diagrams and got murdered. luckily the autosave triggered right before that lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

esperterra posted:

I finally started Witcher 1 last night. Obvs the game is old so I knew it would be a little janky and awkward, but lmao I had no idea the combat is basically just a rhythm game ???

Digging it so far but lol is the combat awkward as hell with any of the 3 camera options.

yeah, you have to click at the right time to do max dmg, it's the only thing i miss from the first game

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah, you have to click at the right time to do max dmg, it's the only thing i miss from the first game

Yeah, I don't mind it at all beyond Geralt's movement being awkward. But timing the strikes and switching stances is cool.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Spent all my money on Grandmaster Peter Griffin set, and why not I don't really have a use for money at this point

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

esperterra posted:

Yeah, I don't mind it at all beyond Geralt's movement being awkward. But timing the strikes and switching stances is cool.

It led to the biggest disconnect in the series, where in the first game, geralt is a god drat buzzsaw mowing fools down. The key to the game is proper sword and stance, which requires some strategy. Then the 2nd game is this below average action game where geralt can barely swing his sword like a gimp a couple times before getting wasted by a drowner. For every bit the game improved in visuals, it felt like a step back in gameplay.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Finished Hearts of Stone. That was really good, though I think I died 2 or 3 times before figuring out you're supposed to use the Witcher vision to find a cracked wall in that mirror area.

Unfortunately the save I was on got corrupted because of some bug in the console version of the GOTY edition, but luckily I only had several other save files for just such an occasion so I only had to replay the auction house robbery and painted world quests, which I didn't mind because they were both really cool.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is definitely a game I keep 2 save files for, as well as an autosave every 10 mins. Game is long enough already without replaying main story quests

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I got pissed off at a stupid horse race in the middle of this quest and turned the game off. Know the best feature of W3, the combat? Now imagine doing that on horseback! So much fun, especially on a timer! Sword goes right through a target and it doesn't register? Epic!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The horse combat sucks because it's the only part of the game that sucks besides that one cave quest so it sticks out in my mind much more than bad parts of games that aren't flawless otherwise

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

The horse combat sucks because it's the only part of the game that sucks besides that one cave quest so it sticks out in my mind much more than bad parts of games that aren't flawless otherwise

try having a wingspan that isnt 3cm lmfao

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Stupid horse combat was the worst. I seem to recall respecing into the skill that slows down time when aiming the crossbow and having that be a huge help.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I must have missed the horse combat quest because I didn't do any forced horse combat

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

You guys probably know this but just in case: when you hold the attack button when riding near an enemy then you go into slow-motion. It's super-easy to hit targets from a horse this way. The game doesn't tell you about this outside of some raondom loading tip for some reason.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i immediately jumped off the horse every time combat started if i was on roach. sorry rach

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh I know about the slow mo thing, but my sword still didn't register as destroying the dummies even tho I watched my sword physically pass through them in bullet time

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got pissed off at a stupid horse race in the middle of this quest and turned the game off. Know the best feature of W3, the combat? Now imagine doing that on horseback! So much fun, especially on a timer! Sword goes right through a target and it doesn't register? Epic!

That quest is literally the hardest in the game imo, because nobody bothers to figure out the stupid horse combat. I turned down the difficulty for it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I beat the annoying horse race and mounted duel that follows it. That was super fun too, sloppily running in circles clearly hitting the man but never having the hit register. What a pile of poo poo. The quest itself was still cool, but they shouldn't have shoehorned mounted combat into the game when everyone in the world ignores it.

I also just unlocked the mutagen tree. Between that, grandmaster gear, sprucing up your house, etc., I'm stoked to have more things to build up to. Truly feels like an expansion pack of yore.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the mutagen skills are badass

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

the mutagen skills are badass

the freezing aard one is so sick

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it kind of made me wish i had spent a bajillion dollars on bear grandmaster armor instead of griffon but hell the conductors of magic mutation was cool too

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Truly feels like an expansion pack of yore.

It’s an expansion that feels more substantive than full priced games.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If cyberpunk is only half as good as witcher 3 it's an instant GOTY

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don’t think Witcher 3 is so good that a game that’s half as good would be GOTY, unless it were a really bad year.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Double aard+freezing aard+sign intensity is some insane decapitation fun in those gigantic bandit camps in the expansion. Also if you kill everybody except for the camp chief you can teleport somewhere, come back and the camp will be repopulated again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6UrUuGRhQU&t=612s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Got a wine named after me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Got a wine named after me

which name did you go with? I went with white wolf..i would've called it the butcher if it was some hard liquor lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

which name did you go with? I went with white wolf..i would've called it the butcher if it was some hard liquor lol

Same

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

B&W: Saved the old lady from the wight curse, solely just to gently caress with O'Dimm, haha. Suck my rear end bitch, I saved another one.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’m almost ready to play this again. Can’t wait :rms:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
A little new info came out on Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker, the single player Gwent RPG -- as far as I know it's still launching in October simultaneously for PC/Xbox/PS4, and it's going to be a stand-alone application for purchase and they say it'll be a 30+ hour RPG. You can link your Gwent account for rewards on the multiplayer side of things but you're not required to do so and it's being pushed as it's own independent thing from the online game. Sick!

edit: also iirc it's gonna be $20

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
witcher tales: that time i shat so hard it cracked the bowl

• Locked thread