Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Gordon will be great, but Hue and Todd will find a way to ruin it.

Todd Haley is a good offensive coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sweet geek swag posted:

Mike Pereira spoiling that Tony gets whacked. Shameful.

IT WAS AMBIGUOUS

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Whoever holds all the intact acls by the end of the season wins the super bowl.

Book it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Did you watch the Hard Knocks where he was completely fed up with Hue? Todd could be a great coach, Hue could be a great coach, but together they can find some way to gently caress everything up.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

He is really exceptional at developing WRs, and has been everywhere he's been all the way back to AZ. He's just very bad at situational playcalling

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1030880638696607749?s=21

Junior Galette is a giant piece of poo poo, I hope he doesn’t sign

:hfive:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He is really exceptional at developing WRs, and has been everywhere he's been all the way back to AZ. He's just very bad at situational playcalling

He's never been in a situation where a WR screen wasn't an option.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Well, it was Hauschka's landing spot when he left Seattle, why not Jon Ryan's too?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lol

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1030950615650689024

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Todd Haley is fine until you’re in a situation where you need a good playcall and he’ll run the dumbest loving thing you’ve ever seen in your life.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hey now, split backs worked fine for me in Madden 2005.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I like that even the NFL Network calls him Chucky

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans scored a freaking touchdown they are winning the super bowl

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

It was pretty OP

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Broncos scored, must be the best offense on the planet imho

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Hasn't Colton Schmidt already been pretty great? I'm not seeing a problem here. Poor guy though.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Why did you throw that? How did he come down with it!?!

Edit: wrong thread! I will leave my shame visible to remind me phone postin is not an excuse

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 19, 2018

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Have we complained about the roughing the passer call on the Vikings yet

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

latinotwink1997 posted:

Hasn't Colton Schmidt already been pretty great? I'm not seeing a problem here. Poor guy though.
He's pretty good, but he's no Brian Moorman. Still, sucks Carter tore his ACL, it's hard enough to make it as a punter to begin with.
I owned a Brian Moorman jersey.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sharknado slashfic posted:

Have we complained about the roughing the passer call on the Vikings yet
I didn't see it but I'm glad it was called.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He's just very bad at situational playcalling

Yeah, Haley was a big part of the Steelers putting up loads of yards and looking amazing on their best days, but also a huge part of why there would be games with tons of yards and only field goals to show for it. He's also kinda a control freak who hates letting the QB have any part of the playcalling, and likes to get way too "clever" and run some long developing and really easily seen through screen or reverse in the middle of an otherwise good series and turn second and short into like 3rd and 12.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 19, 2018

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I didn't see it but I'm glad it was called.

I didn't watch the game at all, but I agree with this sentiment and am certain it was a good call.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
on the other hand, that call was so bad you may as well put skirts on the QBs since being a feminine is a negative trait and that call was bad.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1030906603137060871?s=19

Career ending hit on Rodgers.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think we all knew this was inevitable. They are trying so hard to protect quarterbacks that a sack is now roughing the passer.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I didn't watch the game at all, but I agree with this sentiment and am certain it was a good call.

Cool Mike Zimmer agrees too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sataere posted:

I think we all knew this was inevitable. They are trying so hard to protect quarterbacks that a sack is now roughing the passer.

They're trying to protect one quarterback, one who starts playing canadian league football after getting sacked.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sataere posted:

That was a great tackle.

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Sataere posted:

Agreed. It’s like come on....

At like what point don’t you realize the defense main job is to kill the QB....

Rub some loving dirt on it.

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
@AdamSchefter: Roberto Aguayo on his way to winning the Chargers' kicking job.

m.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Yes! The 30 for 30 here we come!

Let me tell you about a story....

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
How are you so loving bad at posting

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
I learned it from you when you bought you’re house.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Sataere posted:

I'll tell you at least 1 QB that the NFL doesn't care about protecting and isn't old enough to get this call.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

https://twitter.com/Titans/status/1030977224134905857
taywan is fast as poo poo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

They called this because the defender drove through the QB and landed all his weight on the QB when it wasn't necessary. They've told people they are going to call this. Get over it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah he definitely added extra effort to throw him into the ground harder. Wasn't that a penalty last year too?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

A Man and his Hog posted:

I learned it from you when you bought you’re house.

🏆

They called this because the defender drove through the QB and landed all his weight on the QB when it wasn't necessary. They've told people they are going to call this. Get over it.

Its called a tackle op

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yeah, watching that again, the initial hit is perfectly fine, then he drives his shoulder into the QB as he's landing. I don't quite agree with that rule and I think it's going to be a lot harder for defenders to adjust from that (since a huge part of it is momentum and body weight) than it will be for them to learn to not put down their helmets (which is strictly technique). But if the alternative is mushbrains and injured stars...

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah he definitely added extra effort to throw him into the ground harder. Wasn't that a penalty last year too?

Packers fans can tell you that it was not.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Metapod posted:

🏆

Its called a tackle op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
that poo poo is 100% not getting called if that's a halfback and not a quarterback

gently caress quarterbacks we should give them less protection than anyone else and encourage their deaths

• Locked thread