Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If I'm ever in danger of being homeless I'm just going to buy a gun with the last few hundo I have left and start a life of robbing the gently caress out of rich people

I'm shocked and amazed more people don't do this and in general the docile nature of most of the population is the biggest most obvious evidence that Hobbes didn't know what the gently caress he was talking about with regards to human nature because if we were really that nasty and brutish these people's heads would be on pikes 20 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

If I'm ever in danger of being homeless I'm just going to buy a gun with the last few hundo I have left and start a life of robbing the gently caress out of rich people

I'm shocked and amazed more people don't do this and in general the docile nature of most of the population is the biggest most obvious evidence that Hobbes didn't know what the gently caress he was talking about with regards to human nature because if we were really that nasty and brutish these people's heads would be on pikes 20 years ago.

Cool

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It takes a lot to incite revolution

People have to be trodding knee deep in poo poo before they start organizing anything serious... and nowadays it's easier to come home to your poo poo apartment be placated by an episode of game of thrones instead of organizing a guillotine squad

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

g0lbez posted:

Just save money guys. Just save that money you already have guys it's so goddamn simple!! Maybe instead of buying that next iPhone you can put that spare grand in a bank for emergencies you loving morons!

Pretty good advice.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Moridin920 posted:

:thunk: you can’t rob people with a banana tho.

cnut
May 3, 2016

g0lbez posted:

Just save money guys. Just save that money you already have guys it's so goddamn simple!! Maybe instead of buying that next iPhone you can put that spare grand in a bank for emergencies you loving morons!

But...but...avocado toast!!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

g0lbez posted:

Austerity doesn't work.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Mr.Tophat posted:

Austerity doesn't work.

not as a general policy, it would spell death for the economy, but practiced as an individual it can be very effective

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Dave Concepcion posted:

not as a general policy, it would spell death for the economy, but practiced as an individual it can be very effective

Practiced as a society it can be very effective at killing people. Practiced by an individual it's very effective at killing people also. Well, if you haven't got socialized medicine that is.

Tories are working on that over here though. They want austerity to be super effective.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Mr.Tophat posted:

Practiced as a society it can be very effective at killing people. Practiced by an individual it's very effective at killing people also. Well, if you haven't got socialized medicine that is.

well, we have that, so I'll continue on in good conscience not replacing my phone before it literally stops working

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

we've had multiple reports of active avocado eating instead of buying houses itt. everyone against the wall and hands up :cop:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Has anyone just tried adopting a rich old couple? Have your avocado and eat it, too! They'll be happy to have you around.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Zzulu posted:

It takes a lot to incite revolution

People have to be trodding knee deep in poo poo before they start organizing anything serious... and nowadays it's easier to come home to your poo poo apartment be placated by an episode of game of thrones instead of organizing a guillotine squad

You pretty much have to be hungry which is why I put my hopes in the latest tred of intermittent fasting.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Chris Rock said if poor people knew how much money rich people really had, there'd be riots

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The riots will happen eventually but we'll probably be too old to be throwing the molotovs ourselves. The few of you who actually decided to inflict this world on offspring will probably be watching your kids like a proud family at a recital.

Basically this is our generation.

Not shown is the picture of our generation burying their children after the protest is mopped up by government controlled murder drones.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Kazak posted:

Chris Rock said if poor people knew how much money rich people really had, there'd be riots

Rich people like Chris Rock

Checkmate

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

actionjackson posted:

Rich people like Chris Rock

Checkmate

Paul Ryan likes Rage, check riposte

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

cnut posted:

But...but...avocado toast!!

My girlfriend's older sister refuses to get a job and still lives at home with mom at 24.

She was forced to apply for food stamps recently because mom was tired of feeding her.

First thing she did was but ten avocados because "they were 10 for $10!"

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Len posted:

I find it hard to imagine such extravagance.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Len posted:

That's a great deal for avocados where I come from. The question is, can you eat them before they spoil?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

computer angel posted:

That's a great deal for avocados where I come from. The question is, can you eat them before they spoil?

Oh yeah no doubt is it a good deal. But no she did not eat them all before they spoiled.

Got some good Facebook/Snapchat/Tumblr/Intsgram posts about them though!

Len has issued a correction as of 16:09 on Aug 19, 2018

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Len posted:

My girlfriend's older sister refuses to get a job and still lives at home with mom at 24.

She was forced to apply for food stamps recently because mom was tired of feeding her.

Avocados are pretty calorie dense and delicious. 1 buck per is a p good deal for both taste and nutrition. it just sounds crazy to you because you're an old who resents new things

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Senor Dog posted:

Avocados are pretty calorie dense and delicious. 1 buck per is a p good deal for both taste and nutrition. it just sounds crazy to you because you're an old who resents new things

Actually it sounds crazy to me because

1) I don't understand the meme status avocados have
And 2) she only ate 2 of them and threw the other 8 away.

Buying 10 meme fruit to get those sweet sweet Tumblr donations because getting a job is just so hard

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

If you have an Aldi nearby, you can live off decent food for cheap. Even fresh fruit and vegetables are usually inexpensive.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Len posted:

That's the last straw, we need to gut all social services immediately

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Egbert Souse posted:

If you have an Aldi nearby, you can live off decent food for cheap. Even fresh fruit and vegetables are usually inexpensive.

They run out of fresh fruit and vegetables quickly

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Len posted:

Actually it sounds crazy to me because

1) I don't understand the meme status avocados have
And 2) she only ate 2 of them and threw the other 8 away.

Buying 10 meme fruit to get those sweet sweet Tumblr donations because getting a job is just so hard

did your Victorian parents rant about you boomers eating meme bananas all the time and not buying corsets with the money instead?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

did your Victorian parents rant about you boomers eating meme bananas all the time and not buying corsets with the money instead?

I didn't realize 28 was boomer? Does that mean I'm suddenly not very poor with lots of student loan debt? Hot loving drat get off my lawn you kids!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Len posted:

I didn't realize 28 was boomer? Does that mean I'm suddenly not very poor with lots of student loan debt? Hot loving drat get off my lawn you kids!

Look, I don't know about numbers. I'm trying to eat an avocado here

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Len posted:

Buying 10 meme fruit to get those sweet sweet Tumblr donations

what in the actual gently caress are you talking about

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tetracube posted:

what in the actual gently caress are you talking about

Instead of attempting to get a job she has a link to her PayPal on Tumblr with a block of words about how "I'm a poor college student* who doesn't have a job** and really needs the money"

Avocados are hip and cool for reasons I don't understand.

*Failed out
**Has never applied for a job

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Len posted:

Instead of attempting to get a job she has a link to her PayPal on Tumblr with a block of words about how "I'm a poor college student* who doesn't have a job** and really needs the money"

Avocados are hip and cool for reasons I don't understand.

*Failed out
**Has never applied for a job

sorry I can't get over the fact that you think people will donate her a living wage based on the fact that she bought ten (10) avocados

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Tetracube posted:

sorry I can't get over the fact that you think people will donate her a living wage based on the fact that she bought ten (10) avocados

it's two digits of avocados! grossly irresponsible

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dave Concepcion posted:

maybe not rich as in multi million dollars, but being reasonably frugal and investing the difference can make you hundreds of thousands by the time you retire

a lot of reasonably smart people with decent wages are insanely bad with their private finances

Shut the gently caress up

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Senor Dog posted:

it's two digits of avocados! grossly irresponsible

She didn't even eat them all!

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Len posted:

That's a good deal you should give your underage girlfriend's older sister some money and maybe a job

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

She didn't even eat them all!

Hard to eat 10 avocados before they spoil when you can't afford a fridge...

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Siljmonster posted:

That's a good deal you should give your underage girlfriend's older sister some money and maybe a job

22 isn't underage though?

Tetracube posted:

I mean they've been doing it for years it's how she buys her weed!

But I can see I'm losing this so accepting defeat and leaving the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Len posted:

But I can see I'm losing this so accepting defeat and leaving the thread.

Lol you lost idiot