Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
so the camera under your hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yup p much, although I guess it depends what hand you hold it with

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

between that and the matebook, i guess up-nose cam is the trend

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

elmer chud posted:

The camera is just at the bottom, not missing

lmao like dell's nose hair camera on their awful laptops

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's essentially a FIRE SALE

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

quote:

...the device still has its share of issues: there’s no waterproofing, no microSD slot, no headphone jack, and some users have reported issues with reception on T-Mobile. Battery life is just okay, and even after several updates the camera isn’t really competitive with any other flagship phone from last year. Essential’s modular accessory system has been a total bust, too.

But most of those criticisms aren’t as bad in the context of a $220 phone.

lol. tell that to a t-mobile customer. "my phone literally doesn't perform its most fundamental task, but it was only $220!!!!"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
presumably they can't hear you

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

who knew designing a high end device from scratch would be difficult???

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

who knew designing a high end device from scratch would be difficult???

there’s no way Andy Rubin could have predicted this.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

he had as much as a shot as anyone else since nobody has any experience in creating a quality anroid phone

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

BIGFOOT EROTICA posted:

he had as much as a shot as anyone else since nobody has any experience in creating a quality anroid phone

lol

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

BIGFOOT EROTICA posted:

thing is they’re all looking in the wrong place. the hardware is fine, sometimes even good

the OS on the other hand is bad. some may even say it’s a piece of poo poo

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

LastInLine posted:

i thought the same thing and asked but what wasnt addressed was whether the ui flips as well because android does not flip upside down

iirc, the os fully supports rotating the screen to any of the four cardinal directions. it's up to the app developer to enable this if they want to

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ever needed to browse three websites at once? androids got your back

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Blue Train posted:

i like how it cant even make up its mind which end of the URI to show in the 2 characters worth allotted

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i like how the user is already scoping out a different phone

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Blue Train posted:

om

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

< > om x ^ < > om x ^ < > wwv x ^

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
a little speech box keeps popping up in my notification bar for a split second and then vanishes. too quick for me to swipe down and see what's up

it is probably hangouts or messages doing something in the background

but it didn't do that before :tinfoil:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Triglav posted:

< > om x ^ < > om x ^ < > wwv x ^

Bork bork?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Sniep posted:

i like how it cant even make up its mind which end of the URI to show in the 2 characters worth allotted

aside from the legitimate :stare: of "why is everyone quoting out-and-proud bigot Blue Train" im curious how you've come to this conclusion

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Lutha Mahtin posted:

aside from the legitimate :stare: of "why is everyone quoting out-and-proud bigot Blue Train" im curious how you've come to this conclusion

i have no idea who the poster is

but the tab labels were like

cnn.c"OM"
amazon.c"OM"
"WWW".apple.com

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

were they. because iirc that bit of the bar is not always a url but instead after page load is the html page title

might be remembering wrongly here bc i don't use andoid chrome anymore. but i think this was a p common ui behavior for "a while"

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Lutha Mahtin posted:

were they. because iirc that bit of the bar is not always a url but instead after page load is the html page title

might be remembering wrongly here bc i don't use andoid chrome anymore. but i think this was a p common ui behavior for "a while"

i guess they couldve been

CNNOM

AMAZOM

It's the iPhone X WOWWWW

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

If you're calling me a bigot you're p much admitting to being a white supremacist fyi

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Blue Train posted:

If you're calling me a bigot you're p much admitting to being a white supremacist fyi

:thunk:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Furthermore that isn't chrome it's a 20 dollar browser

Point out my bigotry tia

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Lol idgaf I don't know who you are but accusing someone of white supremacy over calling you a bigot is p lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Blue Train posted:

yeah well if I’m a white supremacist then your king if the nazis.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
android, lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/skinnysc/status/1031266062753509376

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/magpie_ms/status/1031920948407140352

lmao

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
who would find out the contents of the fridge first:

7 touch screen interactions

vs.

one pully boi

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Ignoring everything else that's wrong with the concept, why does it store previous pictures of the contents that you have to scroll through to see what's inside?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

for your food blog

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
The most deconstructed meal

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

elmer chud posted:

Ignoring everything else that's wrong with the concept, why does it store previous pictures of the contents that you have to scroll through to see what's inside?

to snitch on whoever's been eating shredded cheese by the fistful at 1:24 am

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

like, opening the fridge necessarily requires a energy to recool it after it's closed, but surely that can't be more energy than a huge tv glued to the front

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

the goal is to trick you into willfully participating in the collection of your purchasing habits for sale to third parties at the expense of your power bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Triglav posted:

the goal is to trick you into willfully participating in the collection of your purchasing habits for sale to third parties at the expense of your power bill