Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Hostess Snack Cake posted:

I want to believe these people are just tipping in cash but I don't know if I can

almost certainly not

lots of people think a tip is a bonus for good service and apps like that are designed in ways that the only time you notice the service is when it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

The tip is the price you pay for not going to pick up the food yourself. gently caress this dying gay earth

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
nah there's a separate fee you already pay to use the service~

also that fee and also taxes often arent included in the numerator when you say 'tip 20%' instead of doing the math yourself

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/KyleWOrton/status/1031545166933491713

the gay bomb is real

thank you alex jones

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

feels like that could seriously backfire

oh no, we made them all gay and now they're all buff, leather-clad badasses and esprit de corps has never been higher!

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
im glad humanity is sdying adn im glad its my fault

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

CAROL posted:

im glad humanity is sdying adn im glad its my fault

thank you CAROL for your service

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/AjitPaiFCC/status/1031407335380475904

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

now tie getting chipped to raises and bonuses and youve got the beginnings of a nice little corporate feudal state going

in the future youll know when someone has worked a bunch of temp jobs because theyll be a big bulge in the middle of their palms

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

now tie getting chipped to raises and bonuses and youve got the beginnings of a nice little corporate feudal state going

in the future youll know when someone has worked a bunch of temp jobs because theyll be a big bulge in the middle of their palms

i think companies can be convinced to pay just a little more for a little poison capsule to replace the expense of enforcing NDAs/noncompetes

plus seasonal retirements will keep traffic down over the holidays

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

poisons not going to be good enough, amd theres a risk that proprietary information could be released by the human capital before it can take effect

what you need is a cortex bomb

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i forgot that any time i think im catching up to the hellworld that just means it already lapped me

quote:

Fast-food franchisor Jimmy John’s will not enforce agreements signed by low-wage employees that barred them from working at other sandwich shops, the New York attorney general’s office said.

The office of Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, which launched an investigation into the Illinois-based company’s non-compete agreements in late 2014, said on Tuesday that Jimmy John’s also agreed to drop the agreements from employment contracts moving forward.

The non-compete agreement prohibited workers during their employment and for two years after from working at any other business that sells “submarine, hero-type, deli-style, pita, and/or wrapped or rolled sandwiches” within two miles of any Jimmy John’s shop in the United States.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

poisons not going to be good enough, amd theres a risk that proprietary information could be released by the human capital before it can take effect

what you need is a cortex bomb

every mcdonalds will be issued an out-of-work ice creem machine and when its your turn you're asked to stick your head in to clean it

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

what happens if youre already gay when you get hit with a gay bomb? like does it do nothing or does it make your gay power level go up and you transform into gay 2?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ASenileAnimal posted:

what happens if youre already gay when you get hit with a gay bomb? like does it do nothing or does it make your gay power level go up and you transform into gay 2?

you directly sublimate into a gendergas

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ASenileAnimal posted:

here is your xithos and your shield, welcome to the sacred band of thebes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

word has it that antifa supersoldiers have also developed a gay bomb.......but theyre using it on themselves?!?!?!??!?!?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Ok troops you can choose between the gay bomb and the death bomb

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1031575026057789441
Cuomo continuing to be garbage

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

Late Stage Capitalism working out real nice

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1031294666036191233

doxx everyone in the database that doesnt tip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fdr-Fiv92c

Mariana Horchata has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Aug 20, 2018

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

RaySmuckles posted:

feels like that could seriously backfire

oh no, we made them all gay and now they're all buff, leather-clad badasses and esprit de corps has never been higher!

I'm not owned, I'm not owned I insist as the sacred band routs me from the field of bsttle

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lol good job retards

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
measles is so selfish

why not ourasles

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Its true. America sent a big gay bomb up my bum

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1031573609368772615?s=19

acab

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

nah there's a separate fee you already pay to use the service~

also that fee and also taxes often arent included in the numerator when you say 'tip 20%' instead of doing the math yourself

pretty sure there's electronic tipping that makes it easy that you literally just tap the button but people willfully tap no tip as the option. The fact that people have to make money on tipping is an indictment of late stage capitalism more than anything and it obligates people.

It's an honor system and it doesn't work because people aren't honorable when they're capitalists~

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
in most cases the default is set to 15%. you gotta go out of your way to tip nothing

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

pretty sure there's electronic tipping that makes it easy that you literally just tap the button but people willfully tap no tip as the option. The fact that people have to make money on tipping is an indictment of late stage capitalism more than anything and it obligates people.

It's an honor system and it doesn't work because people aren't honorable when they're capitalists~

when i waited tables, it felt good to ball all night and have that immediately be rewarded by taking home significantly more/hr than some of the other people who werent balling

and that feeling was important because it kept me focused on competing and comparing instead of realizing neither me nor the losers (sad!) were making a living wage

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
"you should have respected the hustle", i say, as i slam a revolutionary against the wall

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Willie Tomg posted:

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

This verse is why we can't have a national ID card because the fundies will flip

They will also be the first one in line to literally get chipped for their job too lol

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
[img]gently caress[/img]

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Wario means "Wop Mario." He's much fatter, greasier, and more obviously Italian. The whole image is incredibly racist and hilarious.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
im not married to Keanu it's just a promo for the movie

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
kraft singles dating service

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
To understand how racist Wario is, imagine a black Mario with nappy hair and a cap with a big "N" on it. For "Nario," of course.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1031640280154497024

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 22:51 on Aug 20, 2018

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i dunno about seamless but on grubhub the button you click says "tip with cash" rather than "no tip" and yeah that's what I use it for, on those occasions when I actually have some cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

You'd be dead long before the gas tank went up.