Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Mill Village posted:

The game is on dedicated servers, they just happen to be held together with duct-tape. That gives it the P2P feel of experiencing a different connection every match!

Explain to me why in every game there was always someone with zero ping then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

As much as I loved the beta I am not buying this game if the boxes are anywhere near as loving terrible as they were in BLOPS the Third. I just have no interest in that level of gating for DLC weapons where you have zero loving control of when you get anything.

I have bad news then

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

As much as I loved the beta I am not buying this game if the boxes are anywhere near as loving terrible as they were in BLOPS the Third. I just have no interest in that level of gating for DLC weapons where you have zero loving control of when you get anything.

housefly posted:

I paid 2 win

get on his level

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Hoping on IW to shoot some man's if anyone wants to join.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kizurue posted:

Sorry, I've uh... I've been playing Warframe lately. :canada:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kizurue posted:

I'm up for that, be on in a couple.

Mister Facetious posted:

We know, we can see it on your status you filthy degenerate.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Well here is your chance to redeem yourself.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kizurue posted:

Well here is your chance to redeem yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfU42jFy9YE

:lol::lol: :lol::lol: :lol::lol:

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Now you would have redeemed yourself if you deatomized at 85 or so instead of ruining our dun half way in. Jerk.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

plz dont shame my premature de-atomization thx :gizz:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I will shame you all god drat day we were Axe throwing and having fun. You ruined that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So what are you COD dudes feeling about Blackout?

1. Super Hype
2.Morbid curiosity
3. Abomination

I'm personally dying to see what this poo poo is going to pan out to be. Might be horrid but goddamn I wanna try it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I really want to try it, as none of the other Battle Royale games interest me at all, with the possible exception of Battlefield... and then only if they include building/terrain destruction.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wa-hey if you want building destruction, lemme tell you about an indie startup called Fortnite. :v:

I should do Realm Royale soon.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah no- I have absolutely zero interest in the whole "rapidly building towers to gain a height advantage is the key strategy to winning" part.
More to the point; due to how their creation and destruction mechanics mean cover penetration doesn't exist, that's an immediate disqualification for me.
If your game has guns and doesn't let you shoot through wood or thin walls in 2018, you hosed up.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 20, 2018

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
I'm pretty excited to see what blackout is like, but I've been extremely hooked on fortnite for the past few months so it's gonna have to be really good to draw me away from that. I really enjoy fortnite's building mechanics, it's something new to master in a shooter beyond maps and gun meta.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Yeah no- I have absolutely zero interest in the whole "rapidly building towers to gain a height advantage is the key strategy to winning" part.
More to the point; due to how their creation and destruction mechanics mean cover penetration doesn't exist, that's an immediate disqualification for me.
If your game has guns and doesn't let you shoot through wood or thin walls in 2018, you hosed up.

It's free and you don't need Gold or PS plus to play online. I didn't even know that until my friend told me.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

RBX posted:

It's free and you don't need Gold or PS plus to play online. I didn't even know that until my friend told me.

You don't need Playstation Plus, but you do need Xbox Live Gold.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's hosed up.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RBX posted:

If it's not what I'm looking for in a game, then it doesn't matter if it's free.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

If it's not what I'm looking for in a game, then it doesn't matter if it's free.

I wasn’t looking for love in a video game, Macy’s, but I found you. :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/xlimeTigerx/status/1031532675129982976?s=20

Blackout: 100 players and you parachute in so not like COD Online’s BR.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Huh, I was honestly expecting 64.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/xlimeTigerx/status/1031532675129982976?s=20

Blackout: 100 players and you parachute rubber-band in, so not like COD Online’s BR.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Imagine playing a call of duty game. Now imagine 88 additional players on that always-working cod networking.

That’s going to be a reality in 3 weeks.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Well the netcode guy said the game was pretty good so I have slight hope

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've been hooked on PUBG for a while and it's admittedly a terrible game. Like, awful. Fortnite has zero appeal to me at all as I can't stand the art style and the building stuff has a less than zero appeal.

So, I guess I'm really curious as to what the big names can bring to the table before everyone gets sick of the Battle Royale genre. I just want to try the genre with a competently made shooter. Whether or not COD or BF will deliver on that remains to be seen.

Count me in as another one surprised that it's actually going to be 100 players.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

They announced a squad mode, right? Can't wait for the ultimate hush/slumber/pool party CoD mode. :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

They announced a squad mode, right? Can't wait for the ultimate hush/slumber/pool party CoD mode. :getin:

Solo, Doubles, and Squads. Just-after-work crew will no longer need to suffer running 2-3 mans and pairing up with pubbies. We can jump into Blackout then switch when there’s enough for a full party.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Imagine playing a call of duty game. Now imagine 88 additional players on that always-working cod networking.

Just play PUBG if you want that experience.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

COD is infinitely better optimized and better looking. It will never be PUBG status.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Not hard to be better than pubeage when you can afford actual artists, and not buy premade assets.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They couldn't even get headquarters to work properly in WW2 for several months, I can't imagine that this will go well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All right boys hope you’re all ready for the opposite of advanced movement: crawling-through-ducts movement is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ClTRhbPCtc

Also this is a new map

Hope you guys enjoyed that rooftop map in BLOPS 3 because the layout is drat close

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 22, 2018

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah! Duct party :toot:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Gonna take over that duct and spam “Tunnel Snakes rule!” in chat.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is the blackout health gonna be adjusted? how engaging would pubg really be if bullets didn't have travel time or drop and everyone died in three shots?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
There is ballistics in blackout

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is the blackout health gonna be adjusted? how engaging would pubg really be if bullets didn't have travel time or drop and everyone died in three shots?

If it also had auto healing I'd be perfectly fine with that.
It sure as poo poo would be faster than the other BR games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All right boys hope you’re all ready for the opposite of advanced movement: crawling-through-ducts movement is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ClTRhbPCtc

Also this is a new map

Hope you guys enjoyed that rooftop map in BLOPS 3 because the layout is drat close

Is it possible Treyarch could at least attempt making a non-3 lane map?