Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Don't forget to check your enrolment details are up to date kiddos. If you know anyone who turns/ed 18 since the referendum remind them to get on top of it. It's like a week I think now from writs to roll freeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
This is it isn't it.

If they don't pull the trigger at this point, it can only get worse right?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheFeedSBS/status/1031850021245804544

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

You Am I posted:

lol that's gonna really piss off the Vic state Libs. God I hope they go through with that idea.

I think it would be better for us to have the federal election later personally, you don’t want to give brainless swing voters the idea that they should vote a liberal state government in to “balance” a labor federal government

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1031883918457225216

https://twitter.com/marrowing/status/1031834042260369408

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Aug 21, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I thought labour spills were disasters, but wow the libs really know how to set a dumpster fire.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This owns it's like Christmas but instead of presents it's just thousands of litres of liquid poo poo being poured into the chimneys of people I hate.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/orbicube/status/1031833392004755456

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

This owns and I can't wait for ALP domination.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The Nats won’t do poo poo if Dutton gets in. They threaten to cross every time there is a spill.. The only reason they puff out their chests is so they can go back to their electorate and pretend that they are not just the Libs lapdog.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/teganmh/status/1031738178850320384

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

That is brutal

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

And so, the potato joins the onion and the beetroot.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Fanatic posted:

And so, the potato joins the onion and the beetroot.

If only Truss were still around.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Raged posted:

I thought labour spills were disasters, but wow the libs really know how to set a dumpster fire.

The Liberals have deep ideological divisions while Labor's issues were more about Rudd's ego and the reactions to it. It's why Labor became a lot more stable when Rudd left while Turnbull (or Abbott, or Dutton) quitting would ultimately solve nothing for the Libs.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Hey auspol,

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ewe2 posted:

From the AFL thread, we have Relevancy Deprivation Newman Syndrome:

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/im...s-ng-b88934888z

Newman's a loving racist, misogynist, homophobic piece of poo poo and I take goddamn pride in having nothing in common with someone like him.

I hope he gets one of the untreatable types of cancer which kills you slowly and in incredible pain.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

^^^^ agreed, but it also says something about the public climate that he felt able to make those statements even after the reaction to Anning.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Liberals have deep ideological divisions while Labor's issues were more about Rudd's ego and the reactions to it. It's why Labor became a lot more stable when Rudd left while Turnbull (or Abbott, or Dutton) quitting would ultimately solve nothing for the Libs.

Yeah the Libs were themselves a coalition welded into a party under Menzies. Here is an interesting essay on their beginnings which might help shed light on why they're falling into toxic disarray.

The lesson appears to be that if the parliamentary wing ignores the state wings it's doomed but equally if a state org gets control of the federal wing like NSW pretty much has, that's equally damning.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 21, 2018

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dutton's my parties' reject
spud is my last resort
liberal spill
all deject
turnbull lives but for Tony's egress

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ewe2 posted:

^^^^ agreed, but it also says something about the public climate that he felt able to make those statements even after the reaction to Anning.

Less about the public climate and more about his own immense arrogance, and that 9 has continued to let him get away with worse and worse incidents without removing him from the air. He thinks he's right, but he also thinks he's immune to any backlash.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 21, 2018

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

ewe2 posted:

He'd probably have said it in any environment, saying controversial/politically incorrect poo poo and being an rear end in a top hat for sport is his entire schtick, although he's added being a whinging old man to it in recent years.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I thought Newman had cancer and was inexplicably spared by a dead gay universe.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A great result from here would be Malcolm managing to call the election with the GG just before Dutton succeeds in the second spill, and then to have a week of Dutton and the right wing boys standing in front of a million flags giving out statements that he's the PM now and the writs don't count so the governor general should reject them and resign and furthermore

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Same with Rowe.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Same with Rowe.

God drat

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-22/malcolm-turnbull-leadership-crisis-deepens/10149440

quote:

Malcolm Turnbull's prime ministership remains vulnerable after a flurry of late-night resignations from senior ministers, and reports more Liberals are switching allegiances to Peter Dutton.

The ABC understands Health Minister Greg Hunt and Trade Minister Steve Ciobo are the latest frontbenchers to offer their resignations, but they have not been accepted.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
Alan tudge just resigned apparently?

Edit: may have misheard tv in other room

Edit 2: nope sounds like he offered it as well this morning

aejix fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 21, 2018

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

NTRabbit posted:

Less about the public climate and more about his own immense arrogance, and that 9 has continued to let him get away with worse and worse incidents without removing him from the air. He thinks he's right, but he also thinks he's immune to any backlash.

In my opinion this has everything to do with our news media and their apparent eagerness to give a platform to racism. 7 literally paid Pauline to come and speak her mind on morning tv, arguably parachuting her into the senate on the back of millions worth of free advertising.

Sky interviewing Cottrell, an endless procession of racist cartoons in the papers, 2 senators and a madman MHR constantly harping on about Muslims and the federal liberal party thinking it's okay to scapegoat Africans in Victoria all contribute to an environmental where people like Newman are emboldened to say what they want.

Don't blame the public for this. We're progressing socially, in spite of our media and politicians.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
News Corp is reporting Dutton will challenge again on Thursday or Friday :shrug:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Reporting Dutton will? Or telling Dutton to

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

So your boss is reckoning he can steer parliament?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

News Corp is reporting Dutton will challenge again on Thursday or Friday :shrug:

I would. Blood is in the water at 7 votes.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anidav posted:

Same with Rowe.

That's amazing.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

quote:

“There are 600,000 Muslims in Australia, they share no common interest with what we’re on about,” Newman said. 

“They have no common values, they preach to a different deity

Actually, they do share the same god. Islam believes Jesus and Muhammad were prophets. Christians only believe Jesus was actually god, or the son of God, or both... Both use the old testament as reference.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Sportsbet has the next election being in October at 1.85 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Cpt Soban posted:

Actually, they do share the same god. Islam believes Jesus and Muhammad were prophets. Christians only believe Jesus was actually god, or the son of God, or both... Both use the old testament as reference.

Yes, we know both their myths share a common history.

• Locked thread