Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Norry posted:

The dude posted a follow-up a few months later, he actually got himself help :unsmith:

I thought I remembered that one ! It's a feel-good story in three parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

mllaneza posted:

I thought I remembered that one ! It's a feel-good story in three parts.

Is it the denko story? Sounds a lot like that

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Odd posted:

Is it the denko story? Sounds a lot like that

As I recall, the Denko guy never stops using that ridiculous emote of his so he should be tossed onto a fire.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TheSoulian posted:

Our [26f, 26m] neighbor [30s f] of 1 month is VERY extroverted and VERY clingy. We feel trapped in our apartment. She is being clingy even after talking to her about it. Help!

I found this comment under that post:

quote:

This is really good advice. Story:

I used to have a lot of people over at my house on the weekend. Generally, we would have anywhere from 8-20 people come over and just hang out, talk, and drink. Most of this took place on my back porch.

One night, roughly around midnight of a particularly populated night, a much older man comes through my back gate with a bud light tall boy in his hand, strolls on up to the porch, and says, "Whose the man of the house?" with a big smile on his face. I raised my hand and he says, "Well I was just out in my shed stainin' some wood and I saw you guys partyin' and I like to party so I figured I'd just come party with you!" Which sounds really awful to me because this is a stranger I've never met that lives close to me that decided it's okay to go somewhere with a bunch of strangers to drink in a house he's never been to.

Uncomfortable? You bet! I just said, "That isn't a good idea man, I'm sorry. Have a good night." He said something else trying to stay, and a friend told him it was time to go. He was leaving, and then turned around and yelled about how he is polite and lost his manners, his name is Toby, and he'd like to party with us. I shook his hand and told him, "I'm sorry, but that isn't going to happen. Good to meet you. Have a good night."

He hasn't talked to me again. Some nights I feel we can hear him in his shed, staining with the tears of all these passed years, but I didn't have to have a super uncomfortable life with a nosy neighbor. Just be direct, firm, and polite!

:yikes:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I thought 'thot' was an internet thing, not a black thing. And I'm still not entirely sure it isn't. Wouldn't be the first time or the dumbest time the call-out culture warriors have jumped the gun without even knowing what they're actually getting themselves mad about.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I thought 'thot' was an internet thing, not a black thing. And I'm still not entirely sure it isn't. Wouldn't be the first time or the dumbest time the call-out culture warriors have jumped the gun without even knowing what they're actually getting themselves mad about.

thot definitely originated among black twitter, like 90% of new slang does these days

still dumb as hell to claim cultural appropriation over it, though

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The equivalent of a legate, isn't it?

He says you need to have your universal translator adjusted.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I found this comment under that post:

:yikes:
It gets better/worse: A few comments down they say creepy guy was in his 50s and everyone at the party was in their 20s. :stonk:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted:

thot definitely originated among black twitter, like 90% of new slang does these days

it's also a star trek joke right now because it was a rank for alien captains on deep space 9 and for the 15 minutes "thot" has any other meaning it's hilarious

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

tactlessbastard posted:

Pro-click for sure. That guy reminds me of some people around here.

I I I just want to work things out, how is that illegal??

I could have sworn we had one that read almost exactly like that several months ago in this thread. But after reading the comments, the OP realized how terrifying his behavior was and started intensive outpatient therapy so that he'd hopefully never do that to someone again. Or was that actually an E/N thread.

Norry posted:

The dude posted a follow-up a few months later, he actually got himself help :unsmith:

Good. I don't think I read the legal advice thread last time the story was posted, so I thought it might be another dude with the same thought patterns.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 22, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Brother Entropy posted:

Okay, a black internet thing, I should have figured that.

Though South Park was right about it over a decade ago; white American appropriation of black American slang has reached unheard of speed and efficiency. You can't put that cat back in the bag. Internet call-outs never work because you're just picking on people not strong enough to tell you 'lol gently caress off' for what amount to entirely arbitrary reasons, and worst case scenario you make them a martyr and discredit your cause because they're more popular than you, best case you still accomplish nothing but a dopamine high at the expense of others.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
and wtf Gor disregards Damar? kick his rear end!!!!!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

value-brand cereal posted:

This is kind of old, and I'm sorry to milkshake duck you, but that band is full of gross dudes. Or one. Steve Negritte creeps on underage girls and has forced kisses on lips of one girl on video somewhere. Also he tried to get a threesome with twin girls, again underage, until he realized they wouldn't sleep with him. I can't find the article about it again, but there's some info if you google. There's a fair amount of former fans coming forward, but short of getting caught raping someone, they'll keep getting away with it.

Also the band got banned from something called Steampunk World’s Fair. If weirdos don't want you around, you're definitely creepy. The band also works with 'Professor Elemental' who raped an adult woman some time ago. [ https://wearawhitefeather.wordpress.com/2013/07/18/victim-blaming-slut-shaming/ ]

In summary: steampunk is a mistake and should be purged from this world. Praise Jesus.

god DAMMIT. god loving dammit.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Perhaps the best thing about that Thot being named Gor is that it combines two ridiculous concepts together, and believe me when I tell you that the world of Gor is full of thots.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Bogus Adventure posted:

Perhaps the best thing about that Thot being named Gor is that it combines two ridiculous concepts together, and believe me when I tell you that the world of Gor is full of thots.

Gor Cures Thots

im sorry im so sorry

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pick posted:

it's also a star trek joke right now because it was a rank for alien captains on deep space 9 and for the 15 minutes "thot" has any other meaning it's hilarious

i never got around to ds9 but maybe i should bump that up my priority list a little while this is still funny

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
My boyfriend[25M] and I[26F] keep having an arguement about my parent's[late 50'sM&F] habits.

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over two years. We have been long distance the whole time, me being in CA and him being in NY (we met online). We both currently live with our parents. He just finished his college degree and is currently looking for a job and I have been working the entire time we have been together (and helping him somewhat financially).

My parents and I have a wonderful relationship, we've mostly moved past the child/parent stage to adult friends (probably due to me having moved out before and being employed for a long time and my parents generally being pretty great people). They love my boyfriend and he says that he really likes my parents - my mother in particular being one of the nicest, most accommodating people he has ever met. He is always welcome in our house and has come and visited several times for up to three weeks at a time.

I'm not sure if this is important or not - if it may have an effect on his views - so I am including it just in case. His relationship with his parents is strained. He is close with his mother, but his dad is emotionally abusive and controlling. He has never really moved out/become independent, so I feel like he has never moved past the child/parent relationship. His mother likes me, but his dad does not. I have only been out there a few times, never for more than a week, but his father no longer lets me stay at their house - I have to rent a hotel room if I am to visit him.

We are hoping that next year we will be able to get an apartment together where he lives (NYC area). Since it's a very big move for me and a large step in the relationship, we have always been open about our plans for the future - kids and such. Recently, he brought up an issues with one of my parents habits - marijuana. They do smoke on a regular basis, have done so since long before I was born. They could have easily gotten licensed for it medically due to their various problems (my dad has been doing manual labor for most his life and has sleeping issues and my mother gets migraines). They never wanted to go that route because they are very particular about government and doctors (kind of conspiracy type stuff, like "big brother"). Now, technically, marijuana is legal in CA (I'm not 100% sure of what the legal type stuff is with it).

He wants 3 children. I am open to trying (family fertility issues) and seeing depending on how the pregnancies go. The one thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that it will be difficult for our children to have a relationship with my side of the family - they are all in CA. So I had always thought that it would be nice if during the summers when they are old enough, I could have them fly out to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks so they can get to know them and my other family in the area. He does not have any problem with this - he definitely wants them to know my parents. His issue is that he wants my parents to be completely clean when they arrive and stay that way until they leave unless there is another responsible adult around. I told him that my parents would never smoke in front of the children and are very responsible - he has seen how they are around my niece who is 11 and knows this. I do not want to force my parents, especially my dad, to have to forgo having relief from pain just to be able to spend time with his grandkids.

His reasoning is that marijuana impairs the user, so their reaction times are slower and that he just wants his children to be as safe as possible. He has told me this is a hard line for him. We argued about it and basically ended it with seeing about talking to different child care professionals to get their opinions.

The past two weeks has been very stressful for me. I only had one day off last week and had been working three hours more a day most of the days before that, so the past two days were my first break after all that and I just wanted to relax. He brought it up again and I told him I didn't want to talk about it right now because there isn't really anything we can do at the moment and I just want to relax. And then he tells me that he is upset that this one thing could be the thing that ruins our good two year relationship. His statement kind of offended me. In my opinion, he is entitled to his boundaries, as am I, but that kind of comment seemed...I'm not sure...manipulative? Unnecessary at the least. I told him that he is the one that decided that this was a deal breaker and did not want to compromise.

Is it right for me to be upset about him making those kind of comments? Also, I would like other people's opinions about the whole issue itself and some possible solutions if possible. Thank you for reading if you made it this far.

TLDR My boyfriend does not want his future children in the care of my parents if they are using marijuana even if it is for medical reasons. The only way that they would be able to spend a good amount of time with them is by flying out to visit while we both work during the summer. Is there a compromise that can be reached?

Sorry for any formatting issues - I am on mobile.

quote:

[–]69d69 [score hidden] 5 hours ago

His moving to where you are sounds like a fine compromise.

[–]ReyConut [S] [score hidden] 4 hours ago

He wont move here. He doesnt want to move away from his family.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Brother Entropy posted:

i never got around to ds9 but maybe i should bump that up my priority list a little while this is still funny

DS9 best trek. Watch it now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted:

ds9 is the (intentionally) funniest star trek series by far

and has the best treatment of aliens, since there are appreciably different individuals in each alien culture, and a lot of the time they're interacting with one another, no humans required, which allows the universe to be explored in a more interesting and thoughtful way

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Yeah you need actually sober adults if they're gonna be in charge of kids 24/7. If the dad's taking it for pain relief, couldn't he just take CBD oil or something? Or is that not as good at eliminating THC as it's supposed to be?

Also really wanna know why she's not allowed to stay at her fiancé's dad's place anymore

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pick posted:

ds9 is the (intentionally) funniest star trek series by far

and has the best treatment of aliens, since there are appreciably different individuals in each alien culture, and a lot of the time they're interacting with one another, no humans required, which allows the universe to be explored in a more interesting and thoughtful way
Pick are you interested in star trek podcasts?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PetraCore posted:

Pick are you interested in star trek podcasts?

You thinking of Greatest Gen? It was recommended to me but I have never listened to any entertainment media podcasts, only true crime and history so far. If it was by people more from the female-dominated side of fandom I would be most likely to be interested because I mostly like Star Trek for the exploring-character space and don't really give a poo poo about timelines or ship sizes or whatever

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pick posted:

You thinking of Greatest Gen? It was recommended to me but I have never listened to any entertainment media podcasts, only true crime and history so far. If it was by people more from the female-dominated side of fandom I would be most likely to be interested because I mostly like Star Trek for the exploring-character space and don't really give a poo poo about timelines or ship sizes or whatever

Most dudes are overly concerned with the size of their nacelles.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Have a peek into the mind of a stalker.

The girl (19F) I (21M) am in love with thinks I am a total weirdo and I don't know what to do!

I read this post and then ended up watching Unsane, kill all men

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Pick posted:

Yes, but then how will you know if the Enterprise could beat up a Star Destroyer? You might be missing out.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
I taught seventh grade like...three years ago now? And thot was a very common insult. Just how behind the times are you guys if you think it’s new, and that it’ll be gone soon? Just lmao.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Nightgull posted:

I taught seventh grade like...three years ago now? And thot was a very common insult. Just how behind the times are you guys if you think it’s new, and that it’ll be gone soon? Just lmao.

Look around you, where do you think you are exactly? This dead gay comedy Internet forum isn’t brimming with teenagers.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Anne Whateley posted:

Yeah you need actually sober adults if they're gonna be in charge of kids 24/7. If the dad's taking it for pain relief, couldn't he just take CBD oil or something? Or is that not as good at eliminating THC as it's supposed to be?

Also really wanna know why she's not allowed to stay at her fiancé's dad's place anymore

She probably sat on chairs during her period.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Holy plop, is this the same guy from that cease and desist story?!

How do I (M35) ask out my therapist?

quote:

*letting my friend use my account to post this*

I really like my therapist - I feel like we have a genuine connection outside of a purely patient-therapist relationship. We share a lot of personal information so I know she is no longer in a long term relationship and is available/actively dating. However, I know that she can’t engage in any romantic activity with me while I’m her patient. How do I go about getting her?

FYI - I’m not in therapy for any significant mental issues, but I’m just having trouble getting over an obsession with another woman.

Thoughts:

I could start giving her little thank you gifts now while we are seeing each other to ‘prime the pump’ - my love language is giving gifts. But I’m pretty sure this violates HIPAA

I could tell her that I don’t think we need to see each other professionally anymore but that I’d love to get a drink sometime

I could ask her during therapy about how to deal with a crush on an unattainable woman and then feel out her responses

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
I (25M) need to stop judging my girlfriend (25F, of one year) for using marijuana. I know I am the rear end in a top hat here and I need to figure out how to reinstate the level of mutual respect that used to exist.[new] (self.relationships)

quote:

Let me start by saying that I am NOT HERE TO DEBATE marijuana use. I have had that discussion already with countless people on reddit and in my own life. I no longer fear it or demonize it the way I did a few months ago, but I still am not a fan and consider it a turn-off in a partner, so please respect that. The point of this post is that I want to know how to better accept what I see as a flaw in my partner, be it smoking or drinking or gambling or whatever.

My girlfriend, with whom I have lived for long enough to know that she does not use any drugs regularly, recently got high with her family at a big event. I have not really been able to see her in the same light since then, due to my negative opinion of that activity. In my previous relationships I had considered pot a dealbreaker, but before starting this one I had tried it myself, decided it was not really for me, and thought I was okay with it. I chose not to bring it up when we started dating because I thought I was over my hangups about it. But once she told me about her experience with it, a lot of old negative associations came flooding back and I reacted much more strongly than I had thought I would. Since then, we have talked about it ad nauseam and tried it a few times together, so many of my original worries about safety, what she is doing to her brain, etc., are no longer there. I have been trying really, really hard to get over this and feel I have made a lot of progress in improving my image of pot. I would no longer consider it a dealbreaker unless she started using often, which I am confident she won't because she doesn't enjoy it that much, but the whole thing still leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

By now she is sick of talking about it, so I have sought out therapy and emotional support from family and a select few friends so that she is not so fatigued by constant discussions about this. However, no matter how hard I try, I still just don't like that she uses it *ever* and need to accept that I may never embrace it, while also not letting it continue to tarnish my image of her. I am still feeling like it is something I don't want to do again and don't want her to do again, whereas she is still open to continuing once in a blue moon, so we may simply never see eye to eye on this. She knows that I feel this way, that I see it as a bit of a degenerate activity that is undesirable in my partner, and has taken the whole issue pretty personally. Rightly so, because it has indeed changed my image of both her and her entire family. While I still see them as really awesome people, this did bring them all down a couple of notches in my book (think 98% -> 90%). I'm judgmental, I know. I am especially harsh in holding myself and my partner to really high standards, so accepting something like this is hard for me. So it is safe to say that we have both lost some respect for each other but want to move past this and strengthen our relationship again.

I know that everyone has things they don't like about their partners and we have to learn to accept those things anyway and give people the love and respect they deserve. She does this for me and I really appreciate it and feel loved. On the other hand, I am not good at this and need to figure out how to stop judging her on the basis of my deeply ingrained stereotypes and negative beliefs. Again, I don't think lowly of her, just a little bit less highly. How can I fix things by showing her that I still see her in a very positive light? Or, more generally, how can I stop being such a judgmental rear end in a top hat?

TL;DR: Girlfriend is an occasional marijuana user and it bothers me because of my negative opinions on that. I have hurt her because she knows I think a little less of her for it. Given that my opinion of pot may never be non-negative, how can I learn to accept this flaw in her, love her the same despite it, and move past it?

*PLEASE DO NOT DEBATE ABOUT MARIJUANA HERE.* This is more about how I can learn to accept what I see as a flaw in a partner and love her and treat her the same regardless.

Now, that's all well and straight-edge and loving lame, but his attitude is fully revealed in this comment in response to someone asking why this is such a big deal:

quote:

–]throwaway_166666667

[S] [score hidden] 9 hours ago
This flaw in particular is worse because I value mental well-being very highly, and I see the mind-dulling effects of marijuana as antithetical to that. I've experienced these effects myself so I know they are real, and she reports them for herself as well. Basically I see choosing to get high at any time as a transgression against a healthy mind, and she doesn't feel the same, so it feels to me like she doesn't respect herself as much as I would like. I think I can be okay with rare use, but I will probably always see any use as a degenerate waste of time.

Dude needs to chill the gently caress out and :okpos:

Admiral Ray fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 22, 2018

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Holy :laffo:, his comments are great.

quote:

Exactly this. I wasn't at that event so I totally missed whatever experience she got to have, while using this thing that I thought was so bad, so what is wrong with me that I can't just get over myself and enjoy it? I so, so badly wish I could have been there and maybe I would have tried it with her, enjoyed it, seen that it wasn't a big deal, and then none of this would have happened.

I definitely am still interested in trying it more to try to get over all of this, and maybe you're right that it would be best to do so by myself, and in higher doses so that I can see the full range of effects (I've never done anything but edibles, and the highest dose was 20mg, so I'm sure there's something it can do that I haven't seen yet). It took that kind of experimentation, finding my limits, and finding the amount of inebriation that I could enjoy without feeling out of control of myself, for me to come to a healthy place with alcohol use. I wish that had already happened with pot but I just haven't succeeded yet.

The current plan is to totally drop discussion of the issue with her, continue therapy and talking to my support network, and see where we are farther down the line whenever an opportunity to try more weed presents itself. I might follow your advice in "preparing" for that moment so that I can embrace it when it comes.

quote:

I am more like someone who wants to be intellectual and perfectly rational but can't because my emotions control me too much, which I hate about myself.

While the source of these opinions is indeed emotion, I am also trying to be empirical by experimenting and trying to understand pot better. And I am trying to combat the emotional reactions (because I would rather listen to reason) using techniques from therapy, but failing. If you think there is a better way to go about this that would be more based in fact and reason, I'd be happy to try.

quote:

That is true. I want more experiences with it to get more data. She doesn't want to do it more often, though, and I feel that I need to truly understand its effects on HER (since it allegedly affects people in a variety of ways) in order to come to terms with it. So collecting sufficient data may take a very long time or may never happen.
Beep boop need more data on the effects of marijuana.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

LadyPictureShow posted:

Holy plop, is this the same guy from that cease and desist story?!

How do I (M35) ask out my therapist?

Sorry Lady, I've got some bad news for you regarding the number of men in the world that continue to obsess over women that have rejected them.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

dudeness posted:

Sorry Lady, I've got some bad news for you regarding the number of men in the world that continue to obsess over women that have rejected them.

:thejoke:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Sorry Lady, I've got some bad news about my ability to understand jokes.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

dudeness posted:

Sorry Lady, I've got some bad news about my ability to understand jokes.

It’s cool my dude. :respek:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Ahhh, young love :allears:

BF [21/M] doesn't clean poop out of toilet after I told him it disgusts me [22/F].

quote:

My BF and I have been living together since October and since then I have encountered skid marks in the toilet 10 times and counting. I think this is totally rancid. The first time I tried to point it out normally, like maybe he forgot, it could happen. He said he'd mind it and that it wouldn't happen again.

Then, a few times when I got back from work, there was poo poo in the toilet again. I minded him again but pressed it more this time, saying I thought it was gross and I didn't think seeing skid marks in the toilet was a nice thing to come home to. A week (or few weeks, I don't even know) he didn't clean it AGAIN and we had a big fight about it. I told him that I thought it was gross and that he was grown enough to mind these kind of things, and that every time he didn't care to clean his own poo poo out of the toilet it was not only unsanitary, but also a disrespect to me since it felt like he just didn't care about the fact that it's I think it's loving gross. He got defensive at first but later promised me to mind it more.

For a while it went great but then I started seeing the skid marks again, and now 3 times since we had the fight. He tells me he can't see his own skid marks through the foam in the water (we have a toilet cleaner thingy on the seat), yet I can clean up after myself fine and have never had this problem. We had a fight about it again today and he apologized eventually, but I told him that he's 21 and he should be able to clean his poo poo out of the toilet like a normal person and he got angry about that.

Can I, even after 10 times, even make him realize that this is this just won't fly with me? Any of you guys ever been in a similar situation?

TL;DR: BF still won't clean his poo poo out of our toilet even after multiple confrontations and fights. What do I do?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Here’s a downer

How do I [19M] bow out of my brother's [26M] wedding nicely?

quote:

u/quadcopter343
So I am going to go ahead and mention that I have cerebral palsy. I may be in a wheelchair and have problems speaking but I think and feel just like everybody else.

My brother, who is my best friend (only friend really), asked me to be his best man for his wedding. I said yes of course.

A few days ago I overheard my brother's fiancee telling him that she wished he hadn't asked me to the best man, because I would end up in all the pictures.

I will be honest and say I was really hurt at the time. But I see her perspective. I wouldn't really want me in the pictures either. I don't want to ruin the pictures forever with my ugliness lol.

I really love my brother and I like his fiancee a lot. i don't want them to fight over this. I don't want my brother to blame me for something that breaks them up. He will hate me.

Once my parents die, I won't have anyone except my brother. I don't mind not going to the wedding completely if it'll make things better. I just want him to still visit me when we get older. I don't want to be all alone when my parents die.

I haven't been able to sleep much since I overheard their conversation. And after thinking about it a lot, I think I can accept staying home during the wedding if it'll make them happy.

But I don't know how I can tell my brother and my parents this. I don't want my brother to know I heard their conversation.

Any suggestions to help me do this would be great.

Also, I hope people don't send me messages again calling me names. It's not nice and I have feelings that can be hurt just like everyone else.

tldr How do I tell my family I want to skip my brother's wedding without hurting their feelings?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Fiancee is a bitch, kid. If she doesn't want you in the picture now, what makes you think you're going to be in the picture later?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Theophany posted:

Ahhh, young love :allears:

BF [21/M] doesn't clean poop out of toilet after I told him it disgusts me [22/F].

Where do they abuse the word "mind' like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Imagine getting into fights with your significant other about poop in the toilet. My god.