Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Mr. Nice! posted:

you wimps would have lost your mind when wozzets were en vogue. i hope migushu or whatever his name is still has his. he was the last holdout after mine got changed way back when.

i kept my woz for a while too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

man how do i get in on this easy broker money???

first you have to bootlick for a bunch of rich criminals for like a decade then it's easy peasy

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Stymie posted:

i mean sure, the fact that mueller's team couldn't get the majority of charges to stick (which doesn't bode well for the ongoing investigation) is a real bummer and all but i'm sure that come 2020 when trump beats hilary again we'll all be really glad for all the time and money spent on this investigation into people that are, at best, tangentially involved with the trump administration because god forbid the democrats use the 2016 election to learn a single goddamn thing and instead try to make an end run that could, in the absolute best case scenario, result in president pence

moved on from defending child labor have you

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Tedious Dude: Ha, you naive chumps, absolutely nothing is going to happen.
*something happens*
Tedious Dude: Well, what about all the stuff that didn't happen?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beamed posted:

moved on from defending child labor have you

what

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Stymie posted:

in other news, the linchpin trial of the trump russia investigations is headed for a hung jury so, as predicted, get ready for the whole thing to become a national embarrassment as it peters out unceremoniously

bad stymie you made a concrete prediction what the heck

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

when you freaked out earlier calling posters narcs because someone reported a literal child labor violation. just observing the trend of what you'll defend to be contrarian at any given point.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

you can’t expect stymie to remember every troll post he’s made

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

so Sarah Jeong has been on a twitter kick lately of posting just the most banal articles about ice cream and summer and I’m pretty sure it’s a long troll to get all the chuds to flood the replies with complaints about her and things like “cold water”

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1032008268460113921?s=21

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1031976000098193414?s=21

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1031646381184757760?s=21

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1031270526528905216?s=21

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1031263846680354816?s=21

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1030853230446620672?s=21

it owns

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

FCKGW posted:

so Sarah Jeong has been on a twitter kick lately of posting just the most banal articles about ice cream and summer and I’m pretty sure it’s a long troll to get all the chuds to flood the replies with complaints about her and things like “cold water”

it owns

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
it would be a great honeypot of 'people very obviously only here to harass others' but alas twitter is run by dipshits

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beamed posted:

when you freaked out earlier calling posters narcs because someone reported a literal child labor violation. just observing the trend of what you'll defend to be contrarian at any given point.

wtf i didn't see any child labor posts, i was talking about a yosposter snitching on their coworker because the coworker had the audacity to ask them for help

my fault for not quoting the post in question i suppose

Stymie fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 22, 2018

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

:stymie:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

:dogtits:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
postin on the real page if the beast.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

President Beep posted:

wait

who here's your mom?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SO DEMANDING posted:

excellent, we now have empirical proof that the internet was a mistake. can we please shut it down now?

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/status/1031854591913152512

e: i don't disagree tho

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

President Beep posted:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Bulgakov posted:

who here's your mom?
It's me!

And yes, my child is a huge disappointment. I think I breastfed him too long.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

baps

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Peeny Cheez posted:

It's me!

And yes, my child is a huge disappointment. I think I breastfed him too long.

:stare:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Oh, stop it. It's not like I told them about the bedwetting.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

facebook wouldn't exist without the internet, ergo the internet was a mistake

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

The Internet is weird in that people 30 years ago who were weird loners who didn't fit in to society and were prone to conspiracy belief didn't have a good communication medium (post-KKK anyway), so the ended up isolated socially and generally only had a handful of physical mailing lists to subscribe to but that limited access to information and communication was self-regulating and it generally left only the smartest and most emboldened to pull off shootings/bombings/whatever. Now we have a largely anonymous communication medium almost entirely free of social censure that anyone can use to buy in to white nationalism or whatever and get so riled up that they shoot up a black church. It loving sucks.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Lowtax was prophetic in his description of the parrot rear end club

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Most of the people in high school today have no memory of a world without Facebook or YouTube.

In a few years every high school student will be younger than both of those.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/matt_levine/status/1032258447138611201

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FCKGW posted:

and I’m pretty sure it’s a long troll to get all the chuds to flood the replies with complaints about her and things like “cold water”

it's to see where the american journalism attacks are coming from

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Stupid lazy teens finding money where they can in an economy that has completely failed them. -An opinion columnist and former Goldman Sachs investment banker.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
teens want money to write words on the internet, how absurd
- matt levine, journalist

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Stupid lazy teens finding money where they can in an economy that has completely failed them. -An opinion columnist and former Goldman Sachs investment banker.

came here to post this

matt "Bankers Get Paid a Lot Because They Do Stuff for Free" levine

gently caress you matt

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

came here to post this

matt "Bankers Get Paid a Lot Because They Do Stuff for Free" levine

gently caress you matt

economics 101 was complete garbage but "there is no such thing as a free lunch" is like the course description

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/08/online-shopping-and-accumulation-of-junk/567985/

quote:

It’s easier than ever to buy things online. It’s so easy that Ryan Cassata sometimes does it in his sleep. Cassata, a 24-year-old singer-songwriter and actor from Los Angeles, recently got a notification from Amazon that a package had been shipped to his apartment, but he didn’t remember buying anything. When he logged onto his account and saw that a fanny pack and some socks were on the way, he remembered: A few nights back, he had woken up in the middle of the night to browse—and apparently shop on—Amazon.

The 16,000 students who live in dorms at Michigan State University left behind 147,946 pounds of goods like clothing, towels, and appliances when they moved out this year, a 40 percent increase from 2016, according to Kat Cooper, a spokeswoman.
jfc

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

its called drinking and its catching back on, while spending family wealth, in a big big way :yeah:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

better than buying a piano i guess?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Peeny Cheez posted:

Tedious Dude: Ha, you naive chumps, absolutely nothing is going to happen.
*something happens*
Tedious Dude: Well, what about all the stuff that didn't happen?

lol

stymie is either extremely loving broken irl or kept up this gimmick for far too long (which implies again they are extremely loving broken irl)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

The 16,000 students who live in dorms at Michigan State University left behind 147,946 pounds of goods like clothing, towels, and appliances when they moved out this year, a 40 percent increase from 2016, according to Kat Cooper, a spokeswoman.

when i moved out of the dorms they told us that they'd charge a disposal fee for each individual item we left that they had to get rid of since the cleaning crew had to take extra time to run your dumb poo poo down to the dumpster, is that not the case everywhere or do these kids/families just not give a gently caress

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

as a landlord of a college student house, college kids in general do not understand the value of the possessions they own because they did not pay for them and do not care amount the time/effort/cost of disposing of them

most larger schools will have a salvage/surplus operation that will resell those appliances/clothes/whatever of value either locally, in lots, or on eBay which tends to offset the disposal cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I had friends who worked dorm work crew in the summers and they loved the end of the year because they could poach all the expensive stuff