Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I remember exactly what table at what bar in Dulles airport I watched RG3 knee buckle in the fedex divot during the Seahawks game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Best part of the Jimmy Smith thing is his half-assed apology. He doesn't even specifically apologize for his actions. He says sorry to a few people and says he's sorry his actions led to the suspension. JTFC dude, say you're sorry for being an rear end in a top hat, not sorry you're getting punished!

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014

Inspector 34 posted:

Best part of the Jimmy Smith thing is his half-assed apology. He doesn't even specifically apologize for his actions. He says sorry to a few people and says he's sorry his actions led to the suspension. JTFC dude, say you're sorry for being an rear end in a top hat, not sorry you're getting punished!

Perhaps he is......not sorry.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Inspector 34 posted:

Wimpy sports executive guy: "Jimmy, you can't play football unless you say sorry."
Jimmy Smith: "Ohkay sawrry baws"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SKULL.GIF posted:

Then why does it hurt when it tears?

It doesn't, at least not directly. The pain comes from the inflammation that occurs after the injury, which is the bodies' natural healing response. But it's a delayed response, so guys sometimes continue playing after suffering a partial ACL tear (Carson Wentz, Shawn Merriman), and they frequently walk off the field under their own power. They either don't realize how bad it is, or they do and just ignore it because it's at a level they can ignore.

It hurts like hell on the flight back, though.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

Perhaps he is......not sorry.

:aaaaa:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Travis Frederick, Cowboys center, has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome, which is an auto-immune disease where the body attacks the nervous system.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24449316/travis-frederick-dallas-cowboys-offensive-lineman-diagnosed-guillain-barre-syndrome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillain%E2%80%93Barr%C3%A9_syndrome

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

iospace posted:

Travis Frederick, Cowboys center, has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome, which is an auto-immune disease where the body attacks the nervous system.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24449316/travis-frederick-dallas-cowboys-offensive-lineman-diagnosed-guillain-barre-syndrome

gently caress the Cowboys and all but I hope he's alright and makes a full recovery.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

From wiki:

quote:

Guillain–Barré syndrome can lead to death as a result of a number of complications: severe infections, blood clots, and cardiac arrest likely due to autonomic neuropathy. Despite optimum care, this occurs in about 5% of cases.

Well that's loving scary. Even if they find it and you're getting treatment it's possible you'll just up and die. I'd imagine Frederick likely has a good prognosis since he's young and presumably pretty healthy, but the whole disease seems like something you really don't want to have.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grittybeard posted:

From wiki:

Well that's loving scary. Even if they find it and you're getting treatment it's possible you'll just up and die. I'd imagine Frederick likely has a good prognosis since he's young and presumably pretty healthy, but the whole disease seems like something you really don't want to have.

He's an interior offensive lineman, he is not healthy. When he drops 50lbs he probably will be.

That said he recently signed a big guarantee extension right? He can retire now and take care of himself.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's an interior offensive lineman, he is not healthy. When he drops 50lbs he probably will be.

I was thinking healthy as in young mainly, from what I gather this often hits older people. But maybe I'm reading that into it and it isn't true, I'm sure Swickles would actually know something about it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Fredrick gets :gb2gbs:

:rip: cowboys season.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I can't believe the traitor gülen has struck again

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fredrick gets :gb2gbs:

:rip: cowboys season.

Yikes, I hope the treatment works.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Phobeste posted:

I can't believe the traitor gülen has struck again

Really, I blame Michael Flynn.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Gonz posted:

Someone put this guy in the Event Horizon Hell dimension.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1032404904663494656

Where we’re going, we don’t need heads.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

From wiki:

It's a pretty nasty condition that takes a long time to recover from, even with optimal care. Mark Schlereth had it and missed the entirety of the 1993 season with the Redskins because he had an acute case of it, like it seems Fredrerick does. Apples and oranges because medical tech and care is so much better in 2018 than it was in the early 90's, but yeah it's serious poo poo.

EDIT: my bad, Schlereth started half the season with the Redskins that year. It's still pretty nasty poo poo, but perhaps not as bad as I thought.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 23, 2018

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Patrick Eaves skipped a year with the same thing but afaik he's gonna be good to go this season

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Saints are doing a joint practice in Los Angeles with the Chargers.

Which means

Year two of the QB Competition.

The Chargers took the competition last year, so let's see who wins year two!

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1032459888088178688

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Gonz posted:

Someone put this guy in the Event Horizon Hell dimension.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1032404904663494656

what on earth?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is a great way to annoy Rodgers even more. Gute must be really confident in our younger receivers -- though to be fair MVS and Kumerow have looked great. For a rookie and an UDFA, anyway.

Eh, Cobb hasn't really lived up to his contract. He's been inconsistent health wise for a few years. I like him and he can be dynamic, but he hasn't been exceptional for a while.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Richie incognito that's what

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

FAUXTON posted:

I miss the Buffalo PR push to paint Richie as a reformed guy, no really he's good now. Those were the days.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Leon Einstein posted:

Eh, Cobb hasn't really lived up to his contract. He's been inconsistent health wise for a few years. I like him and he can be dynamic, but he hasn't been exceptional for a while.

He's also been injured a lot of that time. Like don't get me wrong, I like Cobb, but the past few years he's been like Matthews in that he could've been amazing but has been plagued by constant minor injuries.

We already shipped out Rodgers's favorite target, I don't think it's a great idea to also send off his second favorite target in the same offseason. If it really is to open cap space to get Mack then by all means go ahead but I really hope Gute knows what he's doing.

That said, given free agency and the draft, and how that's turned out so far (in training camp and preseason, mind), it does seem Gute knows what he's doing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a neat cape posted:

Saints are doing a joint practice in Los Angeles with the Chargers.

Which means

Year two of the QB Competition.

The Chargers took the competition last year, so let's see who wins year two!

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1032459888088178688

This is good.

It's important to try to find joy when you're mourning

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Frederick will never play football again.

I have patients with GBS all the drat time. We have 18 year old kids that get it that can only walk after I place them in a pvc wheelchair and roll them in to pool therapy.

this is ridiculous :smith:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

oh, okay:

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1032328696273797125

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
what the gently caress does that even mean

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

iospace posted:

My Dad had this, it's pretty rare and he spent about 3 months in the hospital pretty much unable to move the left half of his body before he could walk again. He seems fine now, but had a visible limp for over a year. One of his friends weirdly also came down with it a few months later and I believe is still in a wheelchair now (3+ years). The doctors said it varies a lot person to person and although most people eventually recover the time it takes is all over the place.

It's not good, and he will definitely miss quite a bit of time.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Frederick has GBS issues

Martin has a bum knee

:rip: Dak

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

FizFashizzle posted:

Frederick will never play football again.

I have patients with GBS all the drat time. We have 18 year old kids that get it that can only walk after I place them in a pvc wheelchair and roll them in to pool therapy.

this is ridiculous :smith:

It's a disease with a wide range of outcomes. Some people it kills, others it cripples, and others are fine once they have recovered. Until he gets further into his recovery it's hard to say how badly he'll be affected by it.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
SAN DIEGO-Asked hotel concierge: "God, did you hear about Joey Bosa?"
Concierge: "No."
Me: "Died. He tore his Achilles."
Thought he would cry.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

WHOOPS posted:

SAN DIEGO-Asked hotel concierge: "God, did you hear about Joey Bosa?"
Concierge: "No."
Me: "Died. He tore his Achilles."
Thought he would cry.

Did Bosa’s family decapitate his corpse, though?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

FAUXTON posted:

Richie is spending his retirement just traveling around the country roid raging

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

Did Bosa’s family decapitate his corpse, though?

Didn't you see the unredacted footage? They didn't need to.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Joey Bosa is dead. Forever. He’s never coming back.

Let his passing be a cautionary tale. Never consume paint thinner and then antagonize a dracula.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Picasso is dead. Steve Jobs is dead. Walt Disney is dead. Joey Bosa is dead. I’m dead.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

cavallingus posted:

what the gently caress does that even mean

Josh Allen is driving a sentient car.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Aug 23, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Richie Incognito's dad may not be dead, if Richie can just get his hands on his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Richie Incognito's dad may not be dead, if Richie can just get his hands on his head.

Incognito’s dad is the new Pamela Voorhees.

The auditory hallucinations have begun for Richie.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 23, 2018

• Locked thread