Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
he has no eyebrows what the hell are they thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.smh.com.au/money/planning-and-budgeting/cba-to-sweep-australians-redraw-money-on-september-1-20180823-p4zzcv.html

If you have a mortgage with CBA you should read this.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Wonder if Turnbull will set foot in parliament again, will he quit immediately after the new leader is in place?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Toney is the Charlotte Gainsburg to Malc's Willem Dafoe

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
BREAKING:

https://twitter.com/TheNTNews/status/1032507973480763392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Hello friends just checking to see if anyone wants to sign my bit of paper to roll Anidav and replace him with JBP. If we get enough signatures I’ll take it to parliament tomorrow. tia.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Dude McAwesome posted:

Hello friends just checking to see if anyone wants to sign my bit of paper to roll Anidav and replace him with JBP. If we get enough signatures I’ll take it to parliament tomorrow. tia.

Signed

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You will need 43 signatures.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Dude McAwesome posted:

I support the mod.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I am now also running for mod.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The conservative whining over Turnbull’s DISGRACEFUL request for signatures is so beautiful I think I’m gonna watch The Bolt Report.

“He is not following appropriate coup decorum!”

snoremac fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 23, 2018

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I must tell you, my friends, you who have waited faithfully for the punchline of this speech, that having consulted colleagues and in view of the circumstances in thread I have concluded that mod cannot be me.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Breaking: Hooman has declared his intention to run for moderator.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

Wonder if Turnbull will set foot in parliament again, will he quit immediately after the new leader is in place?

He's in a safe liberal seat, I doubt he would want to hang out in parliament any longer than he has to if he's not involved with the decision making process. His seat going to byelection would be a pain for the government but I doubt it would change the numbers in the house.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I'm not aware of any petition and am fully behind Anidav, however should the petition gain enough signatures, I will vote for JBP. This should not be taken as support for JBP. Also I am signing the petition. The petition is an outrage

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

I'm not aware of any petition and am fully behind Anidav, however should the petition gain enough signatures, I will vote for JBP. This should not be taken as support for JBP. Also I am signing the petition. The petition is an outrage

Greg. Log off.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Breaking: I would blow Dane Cook understands that Hooman will not be running for mod.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Reclines Obesily posted:

he has no eyebrows what the hell are they thinking

How could the party of Howard make such a foolish mistake?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Breaking: we understand that I would blow Dane Cook IS running for mod.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I just remembered how that movie starts and finishes so be careful who you watch that with or something lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I will be holding a press conference in ten minutes.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
does anyone have a sound clip of Richard Di Natale's speech after they shut down the house of reps?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I sign the petition with a hairy dick.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/leelinchin/status/1032543694702882816

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I just wanted to announce that anidav has my full support; however in the even that JBP challenges for mod I will also challenge for the leadership but only if GSC doesn't.

If IWBDC challenges and wins I will quit auspol but if Hooman does I will be seeking a spot on his cabinet, and if JBP challenges and wins I will drink a beer but if Hooman wins a shot, and-

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Ignimbrite posted:

does anyone have a sound clip of Richard Di Natale's speech after they shut down the house of reps?

Greens uploaded the whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2emHs34bPuo

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I am concerned about the WRECKERS backgrounding thread members and not being sourced, apparently i have to trust the thread to report this honestly.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3: Good

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would like to refer JBP to the probation court due to issues surrounding links to union thugs.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Someone find that absolutely ancient chaser (CNNNN?) skit where they follow around a random geriatric backbencher and spin it so he's challenging the leadership.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I am now throwing my full support behind JBP and hope he considers me for the Ministry of Collective Kneecapping.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Emma Alberici on PM calling the PMship 'the highest elected office in the land' :ughh: You're a loving senior ABC journalist, how are you getting this wrong? Can't wait for Paul Kelly's take, he's on next.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

ewe2 posted:

Emma Alberici on PM calling the PMship 'the highest elected office in the land' :ughh: You're a loving senior ABC journalist, how are you getting this wrong? Can't wait for Paul Kelly's take, he's on next.

She's got you on a technicality there.

The party do have a vote on who will be PM

Never said it was an official vote or particularly representative or democratic but it's still an elected position.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Cheers, I want to show one of my classes this as an example of someone showing actual emotion in a speech vs someone going through the motions of emotion

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

She's got you on a technicality there.

The party do have a vote on who will be PM

Never said it was an official vote or particularly representative or democratic but it's still an elected position.

I knew some idiot would try that angle, thanks. Also today in the senate, Pauline Hanson called the ALP unstable, citing Rudd/Gillard/Rudd and Albanese. :allears:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Hello to the gallery. Anidav stinks and is bad. *Borat voice* my wife runs completely legitimate businesses and they don't matter. Free au pairs for retirees. Sam Newman will be my adjutant when I win. Semper ANZAC spirit.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I have received a letter from A Thread Poster about the current mod speculation, let me read you an excerpt.

"Anidav has ruled us cruelly and capriciously for too long, JBP is the only possible mod candidate as I".. I mean um "he is a cool and good and handsome dude unlike Anidav who is both an Anime and a Dave."

Telling stuff from this anonymous posting source.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
The mod system is corrupt and bourgeois. In order to put a stop to it once and for all and make all posters free I am running for the position of Lowtax instead.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Transcript Posted Online posted:

I have received a letter from A Thread Poster about the current mod speculation, let me read you an excerpt.

"Anidav has ruled us cruelly and capriciously for too long, JBP is the only possible mod candidate as he is a cool and good and handsome dude unlike Anidav who is both an Anime and a Dave."

Telling stuff from this anonymous posting source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
You know what, JBP is the real n****r here.

What?!

• Locked thread