Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

At this point I'm just waiting to see what the end products look like before doing anything relic related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I give up on this tower. I can't even imagine how hellish it must be without the shukuchi trick, given how impossible it is even with that.

Is it easier with a controller or something? The problem with keyboard/mouse is that there's nothing inbetween running and walking, and seemingly no way to guarantee a jump between either a short walking jump or max-length jump.

I took the following screenshot, because it was the highest I had gotten to that point and I had a strong hunch (that was proved true a few seconds after this screenshot) that I wouldn't be able to make the following jump (which somehow ended up with me falling alllllll the way to the bottom, between the ground is made of ice or something):

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

Brainamp posted:

At this point I'm just waiting to see what the end products look like before doing anything relic related.

and risk the area being dead by the time you reach it?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

pupuru posted:

Yeah better do excessive amounts of some of the least fun content in the entire game before it goes dead, who cares if you end up not even liking the final relic - MUST NOT MISS OUT!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Due to the instanced nature it';s unlikely to go dead, you're getting Players across the region so they'll likely always be a couple instances

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Maybe it'll turn out that the entire purpose of Eureka was to make you "discover" what it felt like to strive and struggle and suffer until such time as you barely scraped your way to the top at great personal sacrifice, at which point that tater tot can shove you off the mountain and call down, "looks like you - lol - a-fell!"

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Stormgale posted:

Due to the instanced nature it';s unlikely to go dead, you're getting Players across the region so they'll likely always be a couple instances

Due to the instancing the chance of it being quasi-dead is much higher than previous "relic content" - latecomers (to the game/relics, not Diadem variants in particular) have endless stuff to do that doesn't mesh with "join instanced content to relive FF11 memories" at all.

E: Even more so once the next expansion comes out.

orcane fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 23, 2018

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I give up on this tower. I can't even imagine how hellish it must be without the shukuchi trick, given how impossible it is even with that.

Is it easier with a controller or something? The problem with keyboard/mouse is that there's nothing inbetween running and walking, and seemingly no way to guarantee a jump between either a short walking jump or max-length jump.

I took the following screenshot, because it was the highest I had gotten to that point and I had a strong hunch (that was proved true a few seconds after this screenshot) that I wouldn't be able to make the following jump (which somehow ended up with me falling alllllll the way to the bottom, between the ground is made of ice or something):

I wonder if somebody on the dev team played a lot of kreedz climbing back in the day.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

orcane posted:

Yeah better do excessive amounts of some of the least fun content in the entire game before it goes dead, who cares if you end up not even liking the final relic - MUST NOT MISS OUT!

This, but unironically.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

pupuru posted:

100% gonna be and I can't wait for the tears

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
If Pagos starts to die off, SE can just keep it alive the way they did other stuff, by inserting it into the relic chain. Every relic stage from now on just needs to require crystals from every prior iteration of Eureka.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I wish the women's summer event top had an open shirt too, unless that item already exists and I just don't know about it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

I wish the women's summer event top had an open shirt too, unless that item already exists and I just don't know about it.

There is the moonfire halter.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
SE is going to start making all future event cosmetics cost pagos crystals to force people to do the content

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

AngusPodgorny posted:

If Pagos starts to die off, SE can just keep it alive the way they did other stuff, by inserting it into the relic chain. Every relic stage from now on just needs to require crystals from every prior iteration of Eureka.

I may be getting extremely unlucky but, as I had spent basically no time in Pagos until they revived the train, it seems like it's already dying off a little bit.

It could be that I only enter at off-prime times due to work and raiding, but there's barely any shout chatter in any of the instances, and most people there seem to be shouting for chain pts still. I've had exactly one instance that had a good, dedicated train going around with shout directions and ToD timers, and a lot of nothing. It's made worse by being pretty low level pagos wise when it seems most groups looking for people want high 20s or low 30s by now, so even finding a group takes longer.

This is all way, way different from my Anemos train experience, which was people getting snapped up for the train instantly on shouting and no one cared about your EL for the most part as long as you weren't a level 3 asking to get carted across the zone.

And frankly the way they're running progression in Eureka in general seems... I dunno, punishing? Someone I know got bored of Eureka and is like EL12 or something right now, so they can't even step foot into Pagos properly. Now, they don't care about Eureka and we joke about what a bullet they're dodging, but it makes me think about some hypothetical person who does want a relic and started Eureka late or something, and they're effectively not going to be able to make one, either now or through the rest of the expansion. It makes me think of myself who is EL23 and doesn't really want to be in Pagos at all, but stopping now virtually guarantees I will never be in another Eureka zone due to how far behind the curve I will be. How many of these things will there be? That's a lot of potential content in a game I enjoy to just give up on. It just seems wrong somehow in how it's designed, but at the same time I don't know how they could do it otherwise.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hey, if you're on Excalibur and still looking for a house, there's a bunch of small plots open right now:

Shirogane 16th ward
Mist 8th ward
The Goblet 3rd ward subdivision
The Goblet 5th ward subdivision
The Goblet 10th ward subdivision
The Goblet 12th ward subdivision (2 available)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If I had to guess, we're going to have six instances of Eureka. One for each element on the Magia Board.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm hoping that's not the case, but if it is, I'm going to be spending progressively more time unsubbed.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
4 more zones of Eureka is the final step in the ascians' plot to dispose of the warrior of light.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

:yikes:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If I had to guess, we're going to have six instances of Eureka. One for each element on the Magia Board.

Nah. 2 more, plus a final special task.

Eureka v.3 (patch 4.45) will bring the armor/weapon to ilvl 380 (Alphascape Normal level gear)

Eureka v.4 (patch 4.55) will bring the weapon to ilvl 400 (Upgrade tomestone item level.

Then there will be a bonus task (maybe a trial in the keep) that is the "victory lap" that brings the weapon to par with the savage weapon (ilvl 405).

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
The level 25 MRD quest was a thing of beauty. :allears:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Gonna see the Eozean symphony on Saturday! Hype!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Safeword posted:

The level 25 MRD quest was a thing of beauty. :allears:

Just who was that masked man anyways

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Perhaps they'll pull a Xenosaga and cancel the series at the third installment.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Thundarr posted:

Perhaps they'll pull a Xenosaga and cancel the series at the third installment.

Or pull a Xenogears and replace the entire second half with a few text boxes and a boss fight.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Perhaps they'll pull a Square Enix and never finish it until someone else takes over and salvages what's left just so they can say they got it out the door.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
You won't be allowed to begin the next expansion until you've fully leveled up in Eureka

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Relax Or DIE posted:

You won't be allowed to begin the next expansion until you've fully leveled up in Eureka

This would be an excellent way to kill the game dead in its tracks. Even if you point meaningfully at the jump potion vendor standing just over there.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

Saint Freak posted:

Just who was that masked man anyways

It's such a dumb joke but it cracks me up every time I see it used.

What's to gain from the Palace of the Dead, by the way? I keep getting the snot beaten out of me by dung beetles so progress has been a bit slow.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Safeword posted:

It's such a dumb joke but it cracks me up every time I see it used.

What's to gain from the Palace of the Dead, by the way? I keep getting the snot beaten out of me by dung beetles so progress has been a bit slow.

Mostly you run PotD with a matched group of randos for relatively easy xp at lower levels. Running it solo is entirely for the challenge (last I checked less than five people total have made it to the end solo).

There are also some rare drops from accused horde chests) but really valuable ones are from floors 151+.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

PotD is for fast levels once you build up Aetherpool. Also a story that crossed over with Tactics Ogre. Finish Tam Tara Hard first, though.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Safeword posted:

Exclusives: Padjali/Kinna weapons which require you to gain arm/armor levels in dungeon first. (They were a decent way to get a serviceable weapon for Heavensward endgame content, but now it's probably more if you want cheevos/glamour).

From Gelmorran Potsherd currency:
Wind-up Sasquatch minion
Hecteye minion
Disembodied Head Resonator (Disembodied Head mount)
Blasphemous Experiment Orchestrion Roll (must have beaten floor 100)
Fog of Phantom Orchestrion Roll (must have beaten floor 150)
Notice of Death Orchestrion Roll (must have beaten floor 200)

From Accursed Hoard Sacks:
Bronze:
Palace of the Dead Interior Wall housing item
Palace of the Dead Flooring housing item
Palace Pedestal housing item
Modern Aesthetics - Samsonian Locks (hairstyle option)

Iron:
Blackbosom Orchestrion Roll
Wind-up Edda

Silver/Gold:
Abigail Barding

Gold:
Night Pegasus Whistle (Black Pegasus mount)

Beyond that, it's a fairly easy way to level up alt classes, and the Sacks also give out a bunch of glamour stuff that might be varying degrees of annoying/expensive to find/craft/buy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Don't forget the jewelry for clearing 200.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Alright, cheers. Just managed my first solo clear to level 10 - only had a single weapon upgrade. :negative:

Guess I'll focus on group runs for now. Few more levels and I'm match up with the MSQ again.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Solo clearing is for people who want the challenge, it has 0 tangible rewards for 200x the length and danger.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can't wait for Eureka 3: a single insanely detailed rock

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can't wait for Eureka 3: a single insanely detailed rock

sorry, it was a rock lobster and now you're dead and down 10 elemental levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Eureka is so terrible that it honestly makes me angry.

Look at the Gold Saucer. You have daily/weekly content that's repeatable, multiple good purchasable items, some RNG related things that make things easier if you succeed but don't punish you if you fail, etc. This is decent content.

How hard is it to do something like that for Eureka? Why does everything have to be spiteful RNG? I have to go up 15 levels in an EXP dearth, do a FATE that might not give me a bunny, weave through a nest of one-shotting monsters, and hope to God that I get the type of chest I want, only to open the drat thing and get some Materia V that I have no intention of using. Or worse, confetti.