Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Savage For The Winjun posted:

I've gotta say the game feels pretty good these days... anyone else having fun or is everyone still sipping on the haterade?

The game making GBS threads the bed online after MAYBE 5 games is not a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I've gotta say the game feels pretty good these days... anyone else having fun or is everyone still sipping on the haterade?

I think the latter half of the season 3 dlc is really fun. Sakura, Blanka and Falke have a bad case of SFV tho.

G is really fun and I’d say the game overall is more interesting than Fighterz.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I disagree about Blanka, he's not bad at all and about as interesting as that stupid loving character can be.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

For me the problems were always the online infrastructure and the business model of the game, and those are still as lovely as they've ever been. As a game to play with friends, it's always been alright, and it continues to remain alright.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Double Bill posted:

I disagree about Blanka, he's not bad at all and about as interesting as that stupid loving character can be.

Yeah, he's still Blanka but it's the most interesting version of Blanka I've ever seen. Watchin Valle play him at Evo was p rad

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od1BpI6wwZM

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Sakura: low damage garbage
Blanka: surprisingly fun and not at all bad
Falke: worst character in the game
Cody: not Cody
G: owns
Sagat: a worse version of what he once was

Season 3 was better than Season 2 but that's not saying much really

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I think Sagat is fun and he feels powerful enough to me, he brought me back in to this game but the shitass online is sending me back out. Playing non-sf games has made me realize I hate it how it feels to input combos in this game, I feel like everyone else does it better.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
What is different in Blanka’s play between this and Ultra IV that he’s no longer considered a gimmick?

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Thirteen Orphans posted:

What is different in Blanka’s play between this and Ultra IV that he’s no longer considered a gimmick?
His command grab adds an interesting dimension to his toolset instead of just hopping around like an idiot hoping for a stray hit to do The Combo, and SF5 being SF5, ending blockstrings in electricity puts him at +3 which means it's actually a really good starter for offense

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does any character have an air special that works on neutral or back jump yet?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

Falke lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Goodpart posted:

His command grab adds an interesting dimension to his toolset instead of just hopping around like an idiot hoping for a stray hit to do The Combo, and SF5 being SF5, ending blockstrings in electricity puts him at +3 which means it's actually a really good starter for offense
his VT2 is also incredibly nutty and pretty much allows him to steal entire rounds later on in the match by doing gimmick ball->hp+hk strings, allowing you to cross up (-2 ob) or stay in front (+2 ob) at your leisure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat +2 on Block???????? They should nerf that poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Capcom thinks a human being can react to 1/30th of a second, that's trash. Make it -10 like everything else.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Real hurthling! posted:

G-skill

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
As a super gold Chun I’ve had a real easy time with almost every gold/super gold Sagat. I don’t know if people just don’t know what they’re doing with him yet or what, but slide punch under fireballs, assume they’ll uppercut more often than not, and ex legs when they try that v triggered charged up kick and it’s lights out.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

drat so much hate for sakura Chan. Y'all gotta remember she was rear end in sf4 vanilla too! She doesn't do much damage anymore but I'll be damned if she can't stun most of the cast in 2 touches

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

drat so much hate for sakura Chan. Y'all gotta remember she was rear end in sf4 vanilla too! She doesn't do much damage anymore but I'll be damned if she can't stun most of the cast in 2 touches

That was a fun evo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZH1N81rhrk

"IS DAT MAGNETO??"

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

It was cool when people went back to vanilla years later and found ridiculous tech characters like Cammy and Gen could do.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

In Training posted:

drat +2 on Block???????? They should nerf that poo poo
This is an example of what blanka can do with a VT2 activation (should be at 6:50 in the video). When I say it's "+2 on block", blanka's free to continue pressure.

also there's a lot of safe specials that convert into pressure in this game, i don't know where you're getting the -10 from.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Its actually criminal that Capcom still hasn't fixed or even addressed the asynchronous rollback issue years after release and everyone in this thread is crazy for playing online.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Pretty much every console release character in vanilla was really strong, just unexplored. Sakura was probably the weakest of the lot other than Dan but still had a lot of cool poo poo. She suuuuuuuuuuucks in SF5

ROFL Octopus posted:

It was cool when people went back to vanilla years later and found ridiculous tech characters like Cammy and Gen could do.
It's me, the guy who abused instant dive kicks like it was a 3S medium punch and hit stMK xx hands all day

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
So i started playing this game as my first Street Fighter yesterday, since it seemed much more my pace than DBFZ which at least taught me I could enjoy fighters (so far I'm enjoying Ken, which somehow feels worse than playing Mario in Mariokart, like you know you're basic but aren't doing anything about it).

I just had a quick question on alternate costumes: are there ones you can get through unlocks or the gacha, or is it all that you specifically need to buy them with real money? I feel like having costume unlocks as incentive to pay attention to certain characters will let me digest it all better, instead of the 'here's a whole roster, you figure it out' approach.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ixiggle posted:

Its actually criminal that Capcom still hasn't fixed or even addressed the asynchronous rollback issue years after release and everyone in this thread is crazy for playing online.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Ken is cool. You can unlock a story costume by doing the character stories but those are like 3 to 4 fights long. you can also unlock colors extremely slowly by doing the interminable survival mode

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Extreme is actually completable now if you have an hour

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I haven’t booted the game in 6+ months

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Survival mode was created by a man who hates video games and the people that play them.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

b_d posted:

Ken is cool. You can unlock a story costume by doing the character stories but those are like 3 to 4 fights long. you can also unlock colors extremely slowly by doing the interminable survival mode

It should be mentioned character stories unlock the ability to purchase story costumes. $2 or 40,000 FM and they made sure fight money has infinitely more things to spend on exclusively now and infinitely less ways to earn the drat thing.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

drat, was it always like that? that’s even worse than i remembered

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Dracula Factory posted:

Survival mode was created by a man who hates video games and the people that play them.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

b_d posted:

drat, was it always like that? that’s even worse than i remembered

Yep, only time story mode costumes were free were when they gave everyone ryu and chun-li’s costumes to make up for the fact that they needed over a month after launch to even get the store up lol

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
They severely lessened the amount of FM you earn. I have most of the stuff I want but it's pretty bad. A lot of outfits are only buyable using real money as well.

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
I played SF2 Turbo back in the day, and also a fair amount of SF4 around launch and then again when Ultra came out. I caved and got this a few weeks ago even though it's much, much more boring to watch than SF4. I actually like it. I don't mind the season passes personally since I have very specific taste in types of Street Fighter characters.

What kills me though is how they butchered some of the classic characters' movesets. I mained Vega in SF4 and it's not even the same character anymore, it's like Vega's Nash with a Vega homage skin on it. So I'm stuck playing boring Guile.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
You can play Cammy like everyone else 😉

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Graphic posted:

I played SF2 Turbo back in the day, and also a fair amount of SF4 around launch and then again when Ultra came out. I caved and got this a few weeks ago even though it's much, much more boring to watch than SF4. I actually like it. I don't mind the season passes personally since I have very specific taste in types of Street Fighter characters.

What kills me though is how they butchered some of the classic characters' movesets. I mained Vega in SF4 and it's not even the same character anymore, it's like Vega's Nash with a Vega homage skin on it. So I'm stuck playing boring Guile.

I know people love to hate on SF5 but I thought the same thing about SF4 vega, I really thought he was terrible compared to 2. In 5 I played Rashid a lot who was new but a pretty fun character that "felt" very SF5, and Birdie who I think doesn't play like the old games either? A friend of mine buys all the season passes and I played Sagat at his place and he seems good and Sagatty

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
It is sort of a shame that they fumbled the costumes and some of the extra gameplay modes, because the base game feels really solid (granted I don't know fighters well enough to say that for sure), and they have some decent ideas with the store and FP stuff. A gacha for stuff like cosmetics feels like it should work great, and I really like that you theoretically can buy DLC characters without actually spending money. Everything outside the core gameplay kinda just isn't living up to what that gameplay can be.

Gameplay-wise, all I could possibly complain about at this stage is down to opinion; I don't like weird inputs like that Z-shape or the double quarter-circles, but that's probably because I don't have a lot of muscle memory built up for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hi I wanted to ask if anything ever happened with Gill or if he's been forgotten.

Story mode ended with a stinger teasing him and then he was never mentioned again so I assume he died off camera or something.