Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm not an athlete but from what I know of crossfit this is probably the intended outcome of the exercise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The hero we need, not the hero we deserve.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/29/facebook-apologises-over-cruel-year-in-review-clips

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

k

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/GretchenAMcC/status/1030105026197430272

I think the schaden is on us for existing in the same universe as this book. Please give this tweet thread a read.

somebody tweet this person the daddy cummies emoji copy paste

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

:discourse:

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Snake handlers doc. Long but interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OcoUyXiuU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ewdisyzk4k

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The owner of my company recently went to the Kenworth factory in Circleville, OH to inspect the first of our new fleet of trucks that we're purchasing for our mill operation in Syracuse. Since they need to be specced specifically for our needs and have to fall within specific length and weight tolerances, the trucks run around $140,000 apiece.

When he got to Circleville, he got a surprise- the first truck in the order wasn't rolling off the line but the 50th was- the first 49 were already being shipped to Syracuse. We scaled it, and the weight was perfect, measured the frame and discovered that the first 50 trucks that they produced were 8" too long.

I think the only option now is to chop up the frames and shorten the length of the bodies- but that's Kenworth's problem to figure out. Either way it's a multi million dollar mistake.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Trump only had to pay $130k, but that was only a 4" mistake, so

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/hellolanemoore/status/1032799998164041728

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

The owner of my company recently went to the Kenworth factory in Circleville, OH to inspect the first of our new fleet of trucks that we're purchasing for our mill operation in Syracuse. Since they need to be specced specifically for our needs and have to fall within specific length and weight tolerances, the trucks run around $140,000 apiece.

When he got to Circleville, he got a surprise- the first truck in the order wasn't rolling off the line but the 50th was- the first 49 were already being shipped to Syracuse. We scaled it, and the weight was perfect, measured the frame and discovered that the first 50 trucks that they produced were 8" too long.

I think the only option now is to chop up the frames and shorten the length of the bodies- but that's Kenworth's problem to figure out. Either way it's a multi million dollar mistake.

That engineer is hosed

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
A couple of days ago, Australian MP Peter Dutton thought he could harness party dissatisfaction with the leader, Malcolm Turnbull, and took a crack at challenging him. He lost, but by a small enough margin that he figured (since he hadn't been actively agitating for the leadership beforehand) that he could take a second swing and make it.

He pressured the PM yesterday into declaring another contest. The PM eventually agreed and Dutton thought he had the race locked up.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS! (Treasurer Scott Morrison)

A SECOND NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS! (Deputy PM Julie Bishop)

They just ran the race, and Dutton got beaten by Morrison, 45 to 40 :haw:

Schadenfrooty is on the Australian population for now having an evangelical conservative as PM at least until the next federal election when the opposition will get in and there'll be yet another

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/z5hyzcg.mp4

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Weatherman posted:

A couple of days ago, Australian MP Peter Dutton thought he could harness party dissatisfaction with the leader, Malcolm Turnbull, and took a crack at challenging him. He lost, but by a small enough margin that he figured (since he hadn't been actively agitating for the leadership beforehand) that he could take a second swing and make it.

He pressured the PM yesterday into declaring another contest. The PM eventually agreed and Dutton thought he had the race locked up.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS! (Treasurer Scott Morrison)

A SECOND NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS! (Deputy PM Julie Bishop)

They just ran the race, and Dutton got beaten by Morrison, 45 to 40 :haw:

Schadenfrooty is on the Australian population for now having an evangelical conservative as PM at least until the next federal election when the opposition will get in and there'll be yet another

It gets better - the ex-PM is going to quit politics, forcing a by-election which may well lose them their lower house majority AND the Dutton camp are determined to undermine the new PM. It's a world of stupid.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Being a farmer is several times more dangerous than being a cop, but you don't see a lot of thin green line bumper stickers

I now want some thin green line stickers to put on the tractors. Gonna be cuttin' hay in the next few days and want people to know the sacrifices I make being in an open cab Allis Chalmers from the 50's in this heat. Just kidding no one will see it because it's a 300 acre hay meadow in the middle of loving nowhere.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

ewe2 posted:

It gets better - the ex-PM is going to quit politics, forcing a by-election which may well lose them their lower house majority AND the Dutton camp are determined to undermine the new PM. It's a world of stupid.

All Labor has to do for now is keep quiet and not gently caress up -- if they can do that, they'll romp in at the next election. Of course this means we can look forward to the schadenfreude of them loving up and scoring a massive own goal.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
new dashcam owners is fucken gold :boonie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thGmd87FM9I

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Aw fuckking hell ya oval office! Lol, these are great.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Untrustable posted:

I now want some thin green line stickers to put on the tractors. Gonna be cuttin' hay in the next few days and want people to know the sacrifices I make being in an open cab Allis Chalmers from the 50's in this heat. Just kidding no one will see it because it's a 300 acre hay meadow in the middle of loving nowhere.

thank you for your service

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Untrustable posted:

"Semper Agriculturae Operam Dabant" doesn't have the same ring to it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
It's honesly kind of awesome how furries have become reliable allies to antifacism

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

How do people drive there without wrecking all the time? All their intersections are just roads going over each other at weird angles

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Trump Organization CFO just took an immunity deal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/24/longtime-trump-organization-cfo-weisselberg-granted-immunity-in-cohen-probe-dj-citing-sources.html

quote:

Allen Weisselberg, longtime chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, has been granted immunity by federal prosecutors as part of their investigation into President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, NBC News reported on Friday.

Weisselberg was subpoenaed by prosecutors earlier this year to testify before a grand jury as part of that probe.

News of Weisselberg's immunity deal follows a Thursday report that David Pecker, the chairman of publishing giant American Media, had also received federal immunity as part of the Cohen investigation. It will escalate pressure on the president, who was implicated in a number of crimes that Cohen pleaded guilty to on Tuesday in New York federal court.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MizPiz posted:

It's honesly kind of awesome how furries have become reliable allies to antifacism

"antifa! IN GERMANY??!?! we didnt win ww2 for THIS!"

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

MizPiz posted:

man in the high castle season 3 looking good

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Few pages late but just listened to that "Fernando's vs Nando's" BBC Radio 4 clip and it's loving great.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bcg8bp

Story is - dipshit in Reading who decides he doesn't want a 9-5 opens a peri-peri chicken restaurant called "Fernando's", not to be confused with global peri-peri chicken restaurant called "Nando's".

He claims he didn't steal the logo but instead just GISed 'portuguese chicken logo' and picked one. Except the Nando's logo is on the first page of results.

Original logo: do not steal

His restaurant copies the name, the font, the logo and the chilli meter from Nando's. The only thing he admits to stealing is the chilli meter for indicating spicyness because "there's no other way to do it".

He even goes as far to say that, in fact, this isn't copyright infringement nor a blatant attempt to capitalise on Nando's popularity and success, but is actually because Nando's are big bullies picking on the little guy because they are jealous that his chicken is "better than theirs".

Unsurprisingly, he ends up having to rebrand the whole lot. It boggles my mind that people can get this far into setting up a business without one person thinking "gee, doesn't this seem a lot like that other restaurant? I hope this is legal".

Who am I kidding, it's just as likely he knew exactly what he was doing and hoped to get away with it for longer

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I wonder if a company can get so big and popular that it becomes part of culture, that you could include their IP in your product because "people expect that logo" or something.

Kinda like if you made a hoover with a chicken head and people would be like "It's a hoover with a chicken head"

No. It's a vacuum cleaner, not a Hoover™

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

MizPiz posted:

Yes. I truly, truly wonder what the german people think of anti-facist ideology.

[The rest of this post is surpressed in Germany because it contains the word "nazi" somewhere.]

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Untrustable posted:

I'll slap one on one of my sheep. No one understands the risks I take every time I pick up the shears or walk through the pasture :qq:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Instant Jellyfish posted:

I'll slap one on one of my sheep. No one understands the risks I take every time I pick up the shears or walk through the pasture :qq:

I'm never going to die in no grotto

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

MizPiz posted:

https://twitter.com/FuzeEatsTrash/status/1032831334589378562

https://twitter.com/DogpatchPress/status/1032870933906649088

https://twitter.com/DogpatchPress/status/1032981180335804416

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

The clip at 2:20 ends too soon. I suspect a beating was about to happen.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Few pages back, but arnt these giant lily-pads covered in like giant thorns underneath them?

Self Edit: yes, yes they are.

ShortyMR.CAT has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Aug 24, 2018

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
If you look carefully, the shoe falls off, so yes

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Few pages back, but arnt these giant lili-pads covered in like giant spikes underneath them?
Looks a bit prickly

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

From the lily pad wikipedia page, lol at trying to stand on one.

quote:

The leaf of Victoria is able to support quite a large weight due to the plant's structure, although the leaf itself is quite delicate: so much so that "a straw held 6 inches above and dropped perpendicularly upon it would readily pass through it".

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

jesus christ what is wrong with lilypads

poo poo looks like something out of a scifi movie where they end on a seemingly peaceful planet and suddenly it turns out the goddamn lilypads have thorns underneath them aaa

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MizPiz posted:

Maan, as the/a resident "expert" on the topic of the fandom. I see things and just gotta contribute more info.

Jasona got famous for animating other peoples' artwork. He hasn't made his own actual artwork. Although 'animating' is giving him a bit to much credit. He just motion tweens it basically, I forget the exact details. But someone called him out, and he got mad enough to block him.

As for Eurofurence? Yeah, it's in Germany. Jasona is really that dumb. To think GERMANY of all places is being mean, to Nazis.

He also thinks some random person is part of the furluminati. That is NOT A THING at all. Like it doesn't actually exist at all. He's said stupid enough things, that probably one of the most famous furries around now, one EVO DB FighterZ champ, SonicFox, called him out.

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/1032487048911958017

There's probably more to the story I could tell. But I'm running on 4 hours of sleep and so, tired. So asking works better than me trying to remember things of relevance.

e - Foxler getting kicked out of Denfur got brought up. He's the guy that's argued "I call myself Foxler because my last name is Miller. No the Furry Raider armband, that's red with a black symbol in a white circle with a black outline ISN'T A NAZI ARMBAND." He's also a child predator if memory serves, but I could be getting my neo-Nazis mixed up there. But he's definitely the one that started the Furry Raiders, with the Nazi armband, group thing.

Mercedes Colomar has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Thank you for your encyclopedic knowledge of furries, i guess