Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yeah, the way I play Eve is to sit logged off 99.9% of the time with the occasional bit in Jabber, then log in when poo poo Gets Real in space. Then again, I'm space affluent enough not to need to grind for ISK all the time, so YMMV.

I spend a lot of time with a trade alt logged in and Pyfa opened.

orange juche posted:

What the gently caress is this post.

Bait? Probably bait.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

forge posted:

I'm trying to find that video from Eve where one of the devs is discussing the latency issues and how they compound etc, and how it was hard to find a solution. It's probably from at least 4-5 years ago. Anyone know which one I'm talking about and what it was called, or have the link. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/TEmG32bW6Ow

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan
Sooo...

EveMon died after the ESI change over?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Pale Peril posted:

Sooo...

EveMon died after the ESI change over?

There's an ESI version:
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/evemon-4-0-7-beta-esi-edition/75953

It's a pain in the dick to set up though, due to :ccp: .

DUMB TECHNICAL EXPLANATION SKIP THIS
Not only do you have to register each character in a third party application individually, but the developer of the application has to make a Sophie's Choice -- either ship the application with a developer key/secret embedded, which allows shitlords to extract the credentials and execute a denial of service attack, or require the user to generate their own developer credentials, which is extra bullshit on top of bullshit. The evemon fork goes with the latter.

Plus, if you change your password, all the characters on that account have their ESI credentials revoked automagically. :negative:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Plus, if you change your password, all the characters on that account have their ESI credentials revoked automagically. :negative:

Which also means anyone who changes their password but fails to update their ESI with GSF will get kicked out of GSF.

And when they get kicked out, they can't get back in for seven days because of the Wardec cool down.

Thanks CCP.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

There's an ESI version:
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/evemon-4-0-7-beta-esi-edition/75953

It's a pain in the dick to set up though, due to :ccp: .

DUMB TECHNICAL EXPLANATION SKIP THIS
Not only do you have to register each character in a third party application individually, but the developer of the application has to make a Sophie's Choice -- either ship the application with a developer key/secret embedded, which allows shitlords to extract the credentials and execute a denial of service attack, or require the user to generate their own developer credentials, which is extra bullshit on top of bullshit. The evemon fork goes with the latter.

Yeah because of this I'm almost at the point of resetting all of my mapped skills to default and not worry about optimal training time anymore

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I haven't played EVE since 2008-ish, back when Goonfleet and BoB were feuding. I remember there being something about someone forgetting to pay sovereignty and all the terrain that was won reverted.

What's the current state of fleet space looking like? Is there a large scale conflict still going?

edit - oh my god it would have been in 2006/07 I'm so loving old

Sion fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 24, 2018

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sion posted:

I haven't played EVE since 2008-ish, back when Goonfleet and BoB were feuding. I remember there being something about someone forgetting to pay sovereignty and all the terrain that was won reverted.

What's the current state of fleet space looking like? Is there a large scale conflict still going?

edit - oh my god it would have been in 2006/07 I'm so loving old

It's a good time to come back, goons are back in Delve just like after defeating Bob. We are also on campaign in the north, because after like 2 years of intense mining goons are now an invincible super capital blob.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Rutibex posted:

It's a good time to come back, goons are back in Delve just like after defeating Bob. We are also on campaign in the north, because after like 2 years of intense mining goons are now an invincible super capital blob.

Is Delve still where the good poo poo is?

Also, I remember seeing there was some real grissly poo poo with DJ and Mitanni a little while ago. Goons always needed someone to fight or they'd turn on each other :(

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Sion posted:

Is Delve still where the good poo poo is?

Also, I remember seeing there was some real grissly poo poo with DJ and Mitanni a little while ago. Goons always needed someone to fight or they'd turn on each other :(

Delve is our home again. And, yeah, DJ had a big gay babby meltdown, goatse'd the forums, and ran off in a huff to make his own corporation back when we were getting rolled out of the north in an attempt to siphon out all the TRUE BLOOD GOONS. CCP even renamed the old, inaccessible Goonfleet corporation to "Old Goonfleet," altering the corporation histories of every character, and renamed his corporation "Goonfleet" for about 6 hours or so before it got reversed. It was a very strange time.

Later DJ sold out his corporation for a vouch into Pandemic Legion. :laugh:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Delve is our home again. And, yeah, DJ had a big gay babby meltdown, goatse'd the forums, and ran off in a huff to make his own corporation back when we were getting rolled out of the north in an attempt to siphon out all the TRUE BLOOD GOONS. CCP even renamed the old, inaccessible Goonfleet corporation to "Old Goonfleet," altering the corporation histories of every character, and renamed his corporation "Goonfleet" for about 6 hours or so before it got reversed. It was a very strange time.

Yikes.

Internet spaceships are, were and always will be serious business I guess.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Wait was PL that exclusive back then? God that’s lame

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Then?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

They've been drained to NC. a bit over the years.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Old ads get old goons. Hi.

I joined several years ago, around when they implemented walking around an empty dead apartment instead of ship spinning, and then real life exploded like a week later and I unsubbed. Any chance I'd be able to rejoin as an alpha clone and do chill mining / salvaging?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Goon Danton posted:

Old ads get old goons. Hi.

I joined several years ago, around when they implemented walking around an empty dead apartment instead of ship spinning, and then real life exploded like a week later and I unsubbed. Any chance I'd be able to rejoin as an alpha clone and do chill mining / salvaging?

Yep. No activity requirements or anything. The barbie doll walker simulator was excised from the game so they could move forward on a 64-bit upgrade.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eve is dying

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

iospace posted:

Eve is dying

Again?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You know it

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

And then got the axe in the first inactivity purge.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

tbh that's extremely loving goony

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

iospace posted:

Eve is dying

aw man

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Landsknecht posted:

tbh that's extremely loving goony

If you say so. I'd say it was petulant.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

Exactly.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I have an account from like 8 years ago with a real messy Corp history. This includes stuff like old reddit corps.

Is there a low effort goon Corp for folks who just want to hang out and shoot things that isn't concerned about highfalution politicking and space spies? I want to play with goons, if smoking weed and blowing up is considered playing, anyway.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Groon died, sadly.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Dalael posted:

yeah that is as goony as you can get

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

the preceding: use of "goon" as a pejorative

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

App13 posted:

I have an account from like 8 years ago with a real messy Corp history. This includes stuff like old reddit corps.

Is there a low effort goon Corp for folks who just want to hang out and shoot things that isn't concerned about highfalution politicking and space spies? I want to play with goons, if smoking weed and blowing up is considered playing, anyway.

It is totally ok to be in Goonswarm and never give a poo poo about politics and spies, we have no participation requirements if you’re in the goon corporation

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

the preceding: use of "goon" as a pejorative

all the best things in goonfleet were not space masterplans but rather a bunch of idiots not knowing what to do trying to do something, some other goon sperging and creating drama, and then again some other goon faxing a dick to a law office

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

all the best things in goonfleet were not space masterplans but rather a bunch of idiots not knowing what to do trying to do something, some other goon sperging and creating drama, and then again some other goon faxing a dick to a law office

i will eternally be grateful that remedial went into scamming poor people behind on their mortgages out of their last dollar so i don't ever have to feel bad about laughing at the remdick faxes

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.
I encourage you to play this game and join this fleet because that way I can lord it over you that I have successfully quit this game and left this fleet and you have not yet and probably never will.

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Maneck posted:

Which also means anyone who changes their password but fails to update their ESI with GSF will get kicked out of GSF.

And when they get kicked out, they can't get back in for seven days because of the Wardec cool down.

Thanks CCP.

:yikes: This really dampens my enthusiasm and consideration of trying to bring my mining corp full of industrial alts along for associated goon operations, should my main even get accepted.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

JosephSkunk posted:

I encourage you to play this game and join this fleet because that way I can lord it over you that I have successfully quit this game and left this fleet and you have not yet and probably never will.

Yet you post here. Can you really say that you've left it behind?

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.
my bicycle says yes

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

#justdelvethings

https://zkillboard.com/related/30004724/201808242000/

Baiting out a super and dropping 75 dreads on it didn't quite go as planned.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Maneck posted:

Groon died, sadly.

Groon is a strong Bloodbowl guild now

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Maneck posted:

Groon died, sadly.

Groon was never that great. They never reached greatness. They will reach greatness when every goon is fully engaged (by PH)

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Xolve posted:

And then got the axe in the first inactivity purge.

help i feel like....i wanna play eve again

just kidding lmao gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Landsknecht posted:

Free Bruscettas.