Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ben Nevis posted:

On a $200 budget, what's you guess as to the line where Zeke goes from "Overpriced" to "Value"?

Assuming a 12 person, .5ppr 2RB/2WR/TE with 90% of your budget on starters, Zeke is listed at being worth 67$ according to 4for4

Depending on the severity of the injuries, if he goes to 60ish I think that would be a good value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

coronaball posted:

I would add Ekeler if possible. I know there are mixed feelings about handcuffing butI think its important when you have big benches and when the handcuff would clearly be at least an RB2 if the main guy got hurt.

Drop Keelan Cole for Ekler?

And oh man. Zeke being a bad pick, I'd never guess that or ever called it, wow.

Also, first drops just happened in the league. Gore and Golladay just hit waivers

89 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 23, 2018

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

Drop Keelan Cole for Ekler?

And oh man. Zeke being a bad pick, I'd never guess that or ever called it, wow.

Also, first drops just happened in the league. Gore and Golladay just hit waivers

What insane league is this where Golladay is dropped pre-season? 10-team league with 10-man rosters?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

On a $200 budget, what's you guess as to the line where Zeke goes from "Overpriced" to "Value"?

10 team: $55
12 team: $59
14 team: $63

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I was going to end up with Zeke before three people somehow decided Gurley wasn't the #1 overall pick.
You got lucky to get the second best player in the draft.

DJ #1, baby!

pmchem posted:

What insane league is this where Golladay is dropped pre-season? 10-team league with 10-man rosters?
Is it really so insane to drop Detroit's WR3?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
DJ is gonna bounce back so hard. Dude has the freshest legs of any of the top RBs and he's a fn monster.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I got him the SFB so I really do hope he does great.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

89 posted:

DJ is gonna bounce back so hard. Dude has the freshest legs of any of the top RBs and he's a fn monster.

Wish he had a decent line and QB who could stay healthy.

Going to be hard being DJ with 8 in the box.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

Is it really so insane to drop Detroit's WR3?

Yes

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Aww crap I didn't realize the beersheets need a couple days to generate. Oh well, your sheets still own.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Had my first draft last night, ended up with this team, picking 5th in a 12 team QB, 2 RB, 2WR, RB/WR/TE, K, K, IDP, DEF league. 0ppr (yeah it's 2 K, as a joke).

Wasn't perfect, but overall pretty happy with it. Will need to drop 3 players before week 1 for my DEF/K/K.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Weekend BeerSheets are up: https://footballabsurdity.com/beersheet-request-form/

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Awesome just submitted a new request

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What's the take on Allen Robinson this year

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1033016334899191809

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ravens TEs are cursed

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

I have him in dynasty, and think hes more valuable by name than what he will actually produce. I'm unsure about trubs, Arob coming off his acl injury, and the likely scenario they run far more than throw.

I want him to be fantastic tho.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MacheteZombie posted:

I have him in dynasty, and think hes more valuable by name than what he will actually produce. I'm unsure about trubs, Arob coming off his acl injury, and the likely scenario they run far more than throw.

I want him to be fantastic tho.

There's also that he is extremely unlikely to get the volume that led to his massive production in Jacksonville (300+ targets over 2 seasons) given all the mouths to feed. I'm not a fan of Robinson at his ADP.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

He's going to get his, but no where close to what his name value brings.

Yes he's WR1 in that offense, but with Howard, Cohen, Burton, and Miller now, lots of mouths to feed from a qb who most think is sub-par.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah. While I think Bortles is also subpar, he's willing to just huck it downfield and I'm not sure that's Trub's game so much.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

Yeah. While I think Bortles is also subpar, he's willing to just huck it downfield and I'm not sure that's Trub's game so much.

That was also when they were really bad and I believe (haven't double checked in probably 6 months), that a lot of ARob's receptions were garbage time receptions without much press and playing against a soft zone.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
0.5 PPR
I give Zeke + DT
I get DJ + Juju

I really like DJ over Zeke right now and I have DT/JuJu as a push (I'm really low on DT and like Sanders a lot better). I'm initiating the trade and the other guy seems open to it. Thoughts?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Alfalfa posted:

That was also when they were really bad and I believe (haven't double checked in probably 6 months), that a lot of ARob's receptions were garbage time receptions without much press and playing against a soft zone.

That doesn't seem like that'd lead to the monster YPC he had in 2015, but could account for the drop off to 2016 maybe.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Gorman Thomas posted:

0.5 PPR
I give Zeke + DT
I get DJ + Juju

I really like DJ over Zeke right now and I have DT/JuJu as a push (I'm really low on DT and like Sanders a lot better). I'm initiating the trade and the other guy seems open to it. Thoughts?

Seems fine. Trade for the players you like!

There are whispers of DT being traded to NE, but only whispers.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Robinson won't see 150 targets but Chicago is going to be a lot smarter about his usage than Gus Bradley's Jags were. I've read that Robinson is being moved all over the field. He's being drafted as a low end WR2 (WR24 per FFC) and FantasyPros projects his strength of schedule as 6th easiest for WRs so he strikes me as a potential value where he's going.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dynasty goons, do you see any problems with this contract rules proposal?

quote:

Here's the idea Trent laid out for 'contracts'. Any player that you draft has a 4-year contract with your team. Any player signed to your team from the waiver wire is on a 2-year contract. Any traded players carry over their contract.

Here's the fun wrinkle. A player at the end of their contract with your team you have the option to extend their contract. You can extend a player with either a 2-year extension or a 1-year extension. Think of them like a Franchise Tag and a Transition Tag. Your team can only have 1 Franchise Tag (2-year extension) and 1 Transition Tag (1 year extension) on your team at a time.

We didn't discuss if there is any limit to the Franchise or Transition tags. In the NFL the real Franchise tag seems to be limited to 3 years. So maybe we say you can only extend a player 3 years total, or extend them once on either a franchise or transition tag.

To be fair this isn't something we've voted on, just something that seems to make the most sense if we wanted to some sort of 'contract' based method for our dynasty league. The other options are no contract, and salary cap (too much math for me no thank you)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

Dynasty goons, do you see any problems with this contract rules proposal?

It doesn't seem bad. I like 1 year deal for waiver wire pick-ups to make sure activity stays high and you can fill bye weeks as needed.

1 FT & 1 TT on your team max sounds good. But what if someone signs a FT but then decides to rebuild. Can they trade to another team who already has a FT player assigned?

We do FT & TT tags but you aren't allowed to apply them to rookies at any time. The goal is to get rookies paid after the RC expires and gives others the ability to try and win them in auction.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Gorman Thomas posted:

0.5 PPR
I give Zeke + DT
I get DJ + Juju

I like this trade for you

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gorman Thomas posted:

0.5 PPR
I give Zeke + DT
I get DJ + Juju

Trade is good.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Spoeank posted:

There's also that he is extremely unlikely to get the volume that led to his massive production in Jacksonville (300+ targets over 2 seasons) given all the mouths to feed. I'm not a fan of Robinson at his ADP.

Yup, he needs to be a value buy and depending on the draft he might not be when you've gotta make the call on him.

In other news, GAME OF ROTO still needs 1 more owner so we can complete the expansion to 14 teams! Please join this auction, PPR, keeper league!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863885

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

There are whispers of DT being traded to NE, but only whispers.

Oh man this would be awesome.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Oh man this would be awesome.

It makes sense. DT and Courtland Sutton have overlapping roles that are better suited to Sutton's skill set, and Sanders has embraced the role of the slot guy.

Sanders could easily end up in a Thielen situation this year.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Man I am starting to buy into the Jordan Howard hype even in my .5 ppr league.

What are everyones thoughts about him?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
He’s becoming a ppr auction darling because people are overestimating Cohen’s share

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

He’s becoming a ppr auction darling because people are overestimating Cohen’s share

Looks like Howard is being drafted in the 2nd round as RB13. That sounds about right to me? I don't think he's likely to gain opportunity relative to last year (roughly 17.5 carries per game, 2 targets). Do you expect more than 20ish touches per game?

Maybe he gets a few more yards due to improvements in the passing game, or more TDs, but I feel like last season (RB11) is a pretty high end projection for him.

He's being drafted ahead of 3 guys that outscored him:
Hyde, shady, Ingram.

Of the guys going ahead of him,he outscored 5:
DJ, cook, Freeman (injury)
Barkley (incoming rookie)
CMC (barely, expected volume increase)

It feels about right to me.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 24, 2018

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
His YPC was down a bit from his rookie year. With an improved Trubisky and a more credible WR corps, maybe he gets back to that level. Generally, I think the Bears are expected to take a step forward offensively, which would help Howard out as well, I think.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

His YPC was down a bit from his rookie year. With an improved Trubisky and a more credible WR corps, maybe he gets back to that level. Generally, I think the Bears are expected to take a step forward offensively, which would help Howard out as well, I think.

Improved trubisky and WRs also likely means more passing and less running. I don't really see which of the RB going ahead of him I'd rather have him than.

At a minimum, it's an offense that spent a lot of money and a high draft pick to bring in 3 new weapons. So those 3 will see use.

I wouldn't expect his use in the passing game to go back to his rookie year.

Let's assume he puts up the same rushing stats as he did his rookie year. He has almost identical point production as a result. (+20 yards; -18 TDs). If he keeps the TDs, he outscored Zeke (who you're drafting ahead of Howard anyway) and Hyde (who Howard is being drafted ahead of). Which of the 12 going ahead of him do you think he should be drafted in front of?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I enjoy you have this pick in a 12 team draft, here are likely round scenarios and position strategy articles. Anything similar to that you guys have enjoyed?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Jordan Howard is going too low. Everything about him screams workhorse. And this year, he'll have a coordinator who knows what he's doing and who made Kareem Hunt the rushing title leader. The Bears offense is built to run the ball.

I am a Bears fan, so I might be biased. I don't think I am though, because I think Trey Burton is being overvalued, so clearly I am somewhat capable of being objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Poque posted:

I like this trade for you

I have like 10 charity bets out there but you want to do another?

Barring injury: Zeke and Thomas put up more than johnson and juju.

I am on zeke-DThomas side, and I really hate Thomas this year. Keenum gonna Keen. Dont expect much from his receivers.