Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The true way to do a modern TCG anime is to not focus on the playing of the game, but on the soul crushing costs of assembling the best deck!

Also the same for mobage!

a card anime but its based on limited/draft instead of constructed decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

AnoHito posted:

Ah, a manga from the villain's perspective

a big part of the manga is that scrubs hate her because they don't think she deserves to win using a control deck

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DoubleDonut posted:

a big part of the manga is that scrubs hate her because they don't think she deserves to win using a control deck

Scrubs never change.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Control is incredibly tedious to play against so, they're right

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

They're right, and I hope a proper RG aggro player crushes her for the people.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
buncha scrubs itt

RME
Feb 20, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

buncha scrubs itt

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'm the nipple ribbons.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Huzzah! posted:

THANK YOU.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Close the poll mods.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

hi remi

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

same

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/umishima_ryokou/status/1033056119504162816
:3:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Huzzah! posted:

Watching some one freak out Saki style when they get a great pick or guessing picks would be A+ anime yes

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So long as one of the characters is just hat drafting.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I started reading a manga called "Ore wo Suki Nano wa Omae Dake ka yo" on MangaDex and it's alright, but man does the translation poo poo the bed in chapter 3. I even Google searched for a different translation, and it was also really lovely but in a slightly different way. I feel like I managed to cobble together some sense of most of it, except I can't figure out what blackmail it is that the stalker girl has on main guy? The only things I got out of it were "playing cupid" which I'm pretty sure the other girls literally already know about and explicitly agreed to, and that she somehow knows about his insincere motives. But literally how would there be photographic evidence of of that? Or is it also just kind of flimsy in the original?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1839Jeo78s

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

Wixoss is an incredibly important story of lesbian sexuality and how society denies women love, approval, and affection based on things like mental disorders, sexuality, economic status, appearance, etc. it's an amazing anime even if it gets very infodumpy at times

Endorph posted:

edit: Also Wixoss using card games as an excuse is entirely justified because the term for battling in that series is literally just a pun on the term used for homosexual marriage. like if you told me to tl it id go with 'same selector battling' or 'homoselector marriage' or something. it rules.

I've had Wixoss vaguely on my watch list for ages despite knowing nothing about it, but now I am excite

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's mari okada's best work for whatever that's worth. i won't say it doesn't have flaws but it's also extremely unique and good.

that said be sure to watch the start and end of the recap movie because for some reason they put half the motivation and resolution for the villain in that. ig they just realized they didn't really give her much to do other than be crazy but otoh it feels like they were kind of building to some of the stuff in there. writing troubles i guess.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

poo poo now I'm interested, what's the watching order?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

it's mari okada's best work for whatever that's worth. i won't say it doesn't have flaws but it's also extremely unique and good.
Whoa whoa whoa insert chorus here :cheeky:. Better than AnoHana, Dragon Pilot and The Woman Called Fujiko Mine? :monocle:

Maybe I should give these Wixoss series a try, then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

poo poo now I'm interested, what's the watching order?

infected > spread, and the recap movie is destructed

there's series beyond that but okada isn't involved and i feel like they miss the point of the original a bit, and the ending in spread/the expanded ending in destructed felt like such a good stopping point that i really didn't want more material.

Wark Say posted:

Whoa whoa whoa insert chorus here :cheeky:. Better than AnoHana, Dragon Pilot and The Woman Called Fujiko Mine? :monocle:

Maybe I should give these Wixoss series a try, then.
fujiko mine felt more like a director thing and anohana has some great stuff in it but doesn't really have like, a ton of meat on its bones, its mostly just emotional catharsis and melodrama. i've got nothing against melodrama mind, i'm not saying that dismissively, melodrama's a very valid form of storytelling, but it doesn't stick in my like, head, as much. what i watched of dragon pilot was cute and had some good jokes but I wasn't crazy into it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwhOjN_6evE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has Netflix bothered to put that up yet?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

September 21 according to the site.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sakurazuka posted:

September 21st, apparently.

e: beat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good grief

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

infected > spread, and the recap movie is destructed

there's series beyond that but okada isn't involved and i feel like they miss the point of the original a bit, and the ending in spread/the expanded ending in destructed felt like such a good stopping point that i really didn't want more material.

fujiko mine felt more like a director thing and anohana has some great stuff in it but doesn't really have like, a ton of meat on its bones, its mostly just emotional catharsis and melodrama. i've got nothing against melodrama mind, i'm not saying that dismissively, melodrama's a very valid form of storytelling, but it doesn't stick in my like, head, as much. what i watched of dragon pilot was cute and had some good jokes but I wasn't crazy into it.
Well alright, then. Let's give Wixoss a go! :peanut:

It's strange: Normally, shows like AnoHana or Hanasaku Iroha (which she also wrote) wouldn't be into the normal stuff I dig, but I guess it's because of all the Mexican Telenovelas I grew up sorta watching that I can't quite put my finger on why I find them occasionally interesting.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hungry posted:

I've had Wixoss vaguely on my watch list for ages despite knowing nothing about it, but now I am excite

Same.

Also re: card game anime ideas, the best card game anime would be sealed drafts only.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I think there was a Yugioh episode where they played sealed and it was pretty cool.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This video is for entertainment purposes only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qDx9GhLYo

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

VostokProgram posted:

Holy moly. E63S is one of my dream cars... Also why did you hate the E30?

Wanna buy it? I'm about to spend $1,200 just on the brake pads and rotors. Dealer wanted $6,600.

I love E30s, just not this E30. It was auto and convertible, and I bought it with a blown the gently caress up head. Replaced that, replaced the exhaust, replaced the top, replaced the gas tank and pump, and the interior molded. Took the entire interior including carpet out and steam cleaned it, dried it out, put it back in, and it molded again. Got mad and sold it to some dude on craigslist for $250.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/kiichiglad1/status/1033280235821662208

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

Wanna buy it? I'm about to spend $1,200 just on the brake pads and rotors. Dealer wanted $6,600.

I love E30s, just not this E30. It was auto and convertible, and I bought it with a blown the gently caress up head. Replaced that, replaced the exhaust, replaced the top, replaced the gas tank and pump, and the interior molded. Took the entire interior including carpet out and steam cleaned it, dried it out, put it back in, and it molded again. Got mad and sold it to some dude on craigslist for $250.

It's tempting but I don't have space in my life for a high maintenance car right now. As in I literally don't have space to work, I have 1 sloped parking spot in this apartment complex and street parking is rear end

Also I gotta save up for the Supra :p

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS4RU1ewfI0

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I'm excited for the dota 2 the internationl grand finals tday

RME
Feb 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/kiichiglad1/status/1026263692357197824