Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why is no one talking about the newest best character, "Ultimate Being: Pigsnoutman No.615"?

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1032663552413368321

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Darkoni posted:

Watch it raw and make up your own dialogue

Deku's the villain and he's slowly turning his class into his own personal army with which to conquer the world

Nezu's completely in favor of this

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Moatman posted:

Yeah but can you imagine being a villain and seeing him coming towards you

one thing that i really think is incredible about the all might vs nomu scene (which i would say is a modern legend fight in shonen) is how it goes out of its way to paint all might in intimidating as gently caress shots at various times, particularly with the focus on the pitch black eyes toward the beginning. he's a good guy so he's inspiring, but the show tonally likes to do kinda what OfA's whole schtick is -> make it feel almost UNFAIR for the villains

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

they don't even really depict him any differently in the fight vs deku and bakugou, too

he's just completely overwhelming. like, no poo poo people just gave up on crime with him running around

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Even All for One was afraid of the dude.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i thought about it too much and had to go watch all might v bakugou/deku again

that fuckin' hitstop frame when he knees bakugou up into a building

what a good show

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Patware posted:

i thought about it too much and had to go watch all might v bakugou/deku again

that fuckin' hitstop frame when he knees bakugou up into a building

what a good show

i was always partial to him just loving breaking dekus back

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/swadlooning/status/1032476320481996800

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New episode turned out to be a cute murder mystery

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh, I guess there was a bit of movie tie-in this episode after all.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So is All Might's age supposed to be ambiguous? I figured he was late 30s, but this ep implies he's waaaay older than that.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Momomo posted:

So is All Might's age supposed to be ambiguous? I figured he was late 30s, but this ep implies he's waaaay older than that.

He is easily in his late 40s if you use the start of Endeavors family project as a rough estimate of when he was in his prime.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Given the jokey references to All Might's "silver age" etc. I figured the ambiguity was supposed to poking fun at how old Superman, Batman et al would have to be if you took all their comics as canon.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Considering Cement-man was inspired by him as a kid and is now a full grown adult one has to figure his Japanese debut was 15-20 years ago, and he had an unspecified amount of time in the States after he finished high school (?) in Japan so. He's probably rockin' that 40-50 area.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Cementoss blushing. :3:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Wow, that was really good.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also factor in how long it took Gran Torino to shrink that much.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Please don't speculate on a maidens age.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
gently caress the filler is so bad compared to the stuff written by the author with talent lol. And it really shows when they fall back on the usual anime tropes. Why are Japanese animation companies such hacks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Settle down

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
They just can't get the character's personalities right and its so jarring.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'll accept any excuse to get more Villain All Might.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Episodes was alright, better than the froppy filler episode.

Thought it was a little lame that deku singlehandedly solved the entire mystery pretty much immediately. The approach to the building was cool, but as soon as bakugo got impatient and charged in the other heroes no longer had any real reason to be in the scene.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sindai posted:

I'll accept any excuse to get more Villain All Might Present Mic.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

ninjewtsu posted:

Episodes was alright, better than the froppy filler episode.

Disagreeing as hard as I respectfully can.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
This episode had enough funny gags that I enjoyed it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It had some funny moments but most of the characters were acting like a stupider version of themselves. I'd rate it as better than the Yaoyorozu filler episode and worse than the Froppy filler episode.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Average Bear posted:

They just can't get the character's personalities right and its so jarring.

What, another filler? Jesus

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Deku's ridiculous leaps of logic from this one person came in late to the elaborate tale of love and tragedy was hilarious as he just kept talking.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Radish posted:

Deku's ridiculous leaps of logic from this one person came in late to the elaborate tale of love and tragedy was hilarious as he just kept talking.

Midoriya, please stop telling us about your fanfic.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Jackard posted:

What, another filler? Jesus

This was a tie in to some holiday in Japan.
Most series just didn't air an episode. So instead of taking a break, My Hero Academia had a tie in filler episode with some silly gags and a tease for the movie.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This had some funny moments but I loving hate detective conan/case closed and this episode was basically that.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

I love the episode and think it’s brilliant. They failed because they didn’t secure the scene. Basic procedural fail. They aren’t meant to be sherlock loving holmes. Midoriya stroking himself off figuring it out didn’t get them any points at all.

First thing you are trained to do as EMT is secure the scene. Betting that’s the same for police and should be for heroes as well. That’s why Aizawa said second chance. It wasn’t about solving poo poo, it was about securing the scene. Either by bringing the cops in or tying the villain up and calling for EMS. Can’t assume that the villain is dead, have to treat him as if he was alive until declared dead by a medical professional. Heroes need to try to save everyone who can be saved, even the villains. That was why they got zero points.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Radish posted:

Yes. It should've been Mina saying all that, and everyone (including herself) should've been surprised when it turned out to be correct.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Agronox posted:

Yes. It should've been Mina saying all that, and everyone (including herself) should've been surprised when it turned out to be correct.

Turns out Deku loves cheesy romance just as much as her, he's just better at hiding it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Deku loves cheesy romance and is DEADLY serious about it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It was alright for a holiday filler episode made mostly to plug the movie.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Always funny to see people overreact to these episodes. Where were you when Naruto had 20-40 episodes of filler? I mean, we're getting less filler because of the seasonal format, but that doesn't mean we're gonna be free from them. And it comes with basically an apology at the start of the episode that is basically:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ugebzq3juE

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
My main problem was that they put it square in the middle of a conflict. Hearing that we otherwise wouldn't have gotten an episode because of the holiday makes a lot more sense to put it here, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Radish posted:

Deku loves cheesy romance and is DEADLY serious about it.

Next episode, Deku and Mina have a very serious conversation about shipping.